✓ I BELIEVE | L. PATTERSON

By s-solstice

信じる ─── 𝒊 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 no music is worth making if we're not making it with you. ⤿ julie and the... More

𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞!
𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐢.
𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐯.
𝐯.
𝐯𝐢.
𝐯𝐢𝐢.
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐱.
𝐱.
𝐱𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐯.
𝐱𝐯𝐢.
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐱.

𝐱𝐯.

7.7K 199 336
By s-solstice

˗ˏˋ I BELIEVE ࿐ྂ
—— -͙ – -
˚ ·
* ˚ ✦ ᷾

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ ✧.*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦  ✧.*

EDGE OF GREAT

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ ✧.*

Y/N TELEPORTS back to the garage to see the guys sitting on the couch.

luke hops up and she stops as she walks over. "so um... did julie tell you what song we're doing?" he says excitedly.

"no? unless I forgot... today has been a really weird day..." she mumbles.

"we're playing 'great'." luke cuts her off, a goofy smile on his lips.

y/n's eyes widen and she laughs nervously. "wait- really? we're playing my song? for potentially the whole world to see?"

"yeah. it's a great song." luke says, taking her hand. "and i convinced julie to let you have the lead for the end duet." he says proudly.

y/n smiles at him as reggie and alex watch the two with a smirk. "thanks luke." she says, squeezing his hand. "that was really cool of you."

after a moment, alex bursts "ok, all right, we've got practicing to do." alex says, ending their conversation.

"oh, uh, does this mean i can get my beanie back?" luke asks quickly asks before they can start.

y/n laughs and nods, taking it off.

he smiled as she returned to him. he looked down at the fabric in his hands and put it on his head, planning to where it for the performance.

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ ✧.*

PEOPLE FILL every space of the molina's backyard as they await for the show, ray setting up the camera and flynn sets up the hologram machine. as she readies is, she goes up to the stage and speaks into the mic, "what's up everybody? time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. here's the new anthem from julie and he phantoms." she raps, carlos and his friend opening the garage doors to reveal julie in an elegant outfit, dotted with butterflies.

she smiles nervously at the big crowd and walks over to the grand piano set up. "thanks for coming everyone." she speaks into the mic, she takes a deep breath and sets her hands on the keys. "running from the past, tripping on the now." she starts to sing, "what is lost can be found, it's obvious." she sings, earning a whoop from the crowd, "and like a rubber ball, we come bouncing back. we all got a second act inside of us."

the projector clicks and the phantoms appear "i believe, i believe that we're just one dream." julie sings as the crowd cheers loudly. "away from who we're meant to be. that we're standing on the edge of something big, something crazy our best days are yet unknown." she goes over and dances with y/n as she presses the keys of her instrument. "that this moment is ours to own. 'cause we're standing on the edge of great."

"on the edge of great." the phantoms sing lower as julie sings over them,

"great!"

"on the edge of great." they sing again, luke and y/n looking to each other.

"great!" julie sings,

"on the edge of great."

"'cause we're standing on the edge of..." she holds the note out, luke strumming loudly on his guitar, "great."

"we all make mistakes." luke's deep voice resounds around everyone. "but they're just stepping stones, to take us where we wanna go, it's never straight, no."

"sometimes we gotta lean." y/n joins in as julie claps her hands to the rhythm, "lean on someone else, to get a little help, until we find our way."

"i believe, i believe that we're just one dream" julie joins the two, their voice creating a strong, beautiful melody. "away from who we're meant to be, that we're standing on the edge of something big, something crazy our best days are yet unknown," reggie flips his hair as he jams out, his hands strumming the chords. "that this moment is ours to own. cause we're standing on the edge of great."

"on the edge of great," the band sings back up for julie,

"great."

"on the edge of great" the phantoms watches as julie interact with the crowd, shining like the star she it.

"great!"

"on the edge of great,"

"'cause we're standing on the edge of- shout, shout!" the three of the lead singers belt, julie standing on top of the piano. "c'mon and let it, out, out! don't gotta hide it, let your colors blind their eyes." luke and y/n play together, their eyes lighting up, "be who you are, no compromise. just shout, shout," they repeat "c'mon and let it out, out.

"what doesn't kill you makes you feel alive." julie sings alone. "ooh-oh, i believe," luke has a small guitar solo as he backs her up. "i believe that we're just one dream. away from who we're meant to be, that we're standing on the edge of great!" she belts into the mic

"something big, something crazy," the phantoms pick up the chorus, "our best days are yet unknown,

"that this moment is ours to own!" julie joins them, "'cause we're standing on the edge of great!"

"on the edge of great." the band sings,

"on the edge of great" julie echos.

"great, on the edge of great."

"on the edge."

"great, on the edge of great." y/n undoes the strap of her keytar in record time, setting it down as she sits at the piano, julie walking to the edge of the stage.

"'cause we're standing on the edge of-" julie sings her last line and slides in the garage as reggie and alex disappear, luke coming to y/n side as they play together, the music slowing.

"running from the past," they sing softly into the same mic, their faces inches apart, "tripping on the now, what is lost can be found, it's obvious." they flicker from the audiences' view, but they are fully visible to each other, their breath mixing with the other's as the crowd's cheers becoming quieter to the two, the only thing in focus is themselves.

luke's eyes flicker down to her lips as her breath hitches. her eyes widen as he closes the space, their lips connecting, just. her eyes flutter close as fireworks and butterflies erupt under their skin at the small action.

but as soon as it started, it was over.

luke opens his eyes to see y/n's flutter open, smiling softly at one another.

the crowd cheers resume and y/n looks back to see reggie and alex giggling like school children and julie with the biggest smile on her face.

y/n looks back to luke and he smiles at her, both of their cheeks flushed red.

julie comes out of the garage and laughs as the crowd cheers again, and she takes a bow.

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ ✧.*

THE BAND plays with julie's basketball outside as y/n watches, not interested in playing, even though she knows she could kick their butts.

"whoo!" reggie cheers. he stop and looks between luke and y/n and frowns. "it feels like we should be celebrating or something. what do you guys want to do?"

he passes the ball to alex, but as he does, the boys get another shock of electricity through them and y/n jumps up, helping luke since he's the closest.

"not that." alex mutters.

"that wasn't like the other ones." luke says, y/n helping him up as he dusts himself off. "it's getting worse.

y/n goes over to reggie who is still on the ground and helps him up as well. "yeah, why is this happening to us. and why not y/n?"

"because you guys are in serious trouble." a new voice says, all of them turning in the direction of the long-haired ghost.

y/n gasps quietly, "is that-"

"willie?" alex asks, cutting her off.

willie looks at them with sympathy. "we need to talk."

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ ✧.*

WILLIE TOOK the four of them to hollywood boulevard, and after telling them all about caleb's plan, luke clarifies, "all these jolts that were feeling is because caleb put his stamp on us?"

"he's threatened by you." willie corrects. "he wants you under his control. you're the only ghosts that can be visible to lifers without his help. and when y/n didn't come with you guys that night, she didn't get stamped."

"wait." alex cuts in, "and you let him do this to us?"

"i can stop him!" willie says, his voice wavering. "he owns my soul." he admits. "all right? he owns everybody's soul at that club. if he even knew i was here talking to you, he... he would destroy me." willie sighs.

reggie crosses his arms, "so if we don't join his club, the weird power outage thing continues until there's no power left at all?"

"yes." willie says, looking down.

"what exactly happens when the power goes out?" y/n asks, looking to the boys.

"that's.... that's it." willie says. "you're done."

reggies eyes widen as he starts to panic. "uh-huh, yeah. and what exactly do you mean by 'we're done'?"

"you just- you don't exist... anymore." willie stutters. "not anywhere."

"what?" alex says.

"so we have no choice?" luke says, his voice breaking, "we have to say goodbye to julie, to everyone, give up everything we've built together and work for caleb?"

"but... i wasn't stamped...that means i'll be left here... alone, again?" y/n stops walking, her eyes wide. luke turns back and hugs her to his chest and she stands, frozen in shock.

"that's some club you guys got going on there." he spits at willie.

"but there is another option." he tells luke, "that's why i'm here.

alex sighs. "another option?"

"just please," willie begs, "just please hear me out. all right, if you guys could figure out what your unfinished business is, you do it in time, you could cross over and be free from all of this."

"ok, so what's our unfinished business?" luke snaps, y/n pulling away from him.

"i-i don't know." willie answers. "but since you all died at the same time, you know, it might be something you need to do together."

"yeah, well, why should we listen to a word you say?" alex cuts in.

"because i care about you, alex." he snaps, his voice breaking. y/n's eyes widen at the confession,  "and i hate that i brought you and your friends into this mess. i, uh, i can't be away much longer." he sighs. "i'm so sorry." he looks to alex, "for everything." before he poofs away.

alex steps forward, his shoulders dropped. "this is all my fault." he apologizes in a whisper. "i-i met willie, willie introduced us to caleb and now... now we're screwed."

luke sighs. "the three of us wanted to go see caleb."

"we have to tell julie." y/n mumbles, luke's arm still around her.

"no, we can't do that." luke jumps. "this just means more loss in her life. but if-but if we don't want caleb to own our souls, then we have to figure out what our unfinished business is."

"yeah, man. and how are we supposed to do that? all right?" alex says hopelessly. "there was so much we wanted to do." y/n looks up in thought, when her eyes focus on something. luke followers her line of sight and so does alex. "what is it?"

"but the night we died," y/n tells him, "there was one thing we all wanted to do together."

the band all looks over to the bright lights across the street. "play the orpheum?" reggie says.

"getting that gig was literally impossible." alex reminds them. "even after people knew who we were, we had to hustle, call in every favor we had. it took us years."

they get zapped again, the boys hunched over as y/n grips onto alex and luke.

luke shakes his head worriedly, "we don't have years."

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦  ✧.*

yay first kiss!

i love this chapter soo much

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦  ✧.*

word count : 2007

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 6.2K 30
"no matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart." or in which a lifer and a ghost are connected in different timelines by his music. [ luk...
3.2K 42 19
In 1995, Y/N was only hours away from playing at the Orphuem with her band mates and childhood crush. Y/N, Luke, Reggie, and Alex died before they co...
39.8K 701 11
𝙞 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙞'𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙙, 𝙞 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 '𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙞'𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙦...
131K 2.2K 79
𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐕𝐎𝐋 𝟏-𝟐 & 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊 BEST JATP FANFIC '22 WINNER the boys were connected to julie, but what if there was someone...