Shadow World ~Alec x Oc x Jac...

By YourWorstNightmareX9

You are a shadowhunter, though you don't know it yet. Your parents were very powerful shadowhunters, but they... More

Main Characters
Clary's Birthday
The Institution
The City Of Bones
Hotel Dumort
Vamp Nest
A/N
Question
Downworlder Rave
News
Attack
Meeting The Parents
Seelies
Werewolves
New Alpha
A/N
Unknown History

Stalkers?

10.2K 202 36
By YourWorstNightmareX9

(If you've already read this, scroll down to the black line)

~3rd Pov~

Clary was asleep in her room at the Institute, having a nightmare. In this dream she was a little girl with her mom.

"Mom, I don't wanna do this." The girl told her mom, being strapped to a chair.

"She won't be a child forever, Jocelyn." A man said, trying to get the girl's mother to reconsider.

"For now, I don't want her part of our world." The mother denied.

Clary sees Magnus take her memories and jumps awake, obviously frightened. She sees Jace sitting on the end of her bed.

"Hey. It's ok, I'm here. You're safe." He tells her, going closer.

"Jace..." Clary says relieved.

"What?" Jace asks confused. Clary blinks a few times, and Jace is no longer there. Simon taking his place. "Hey. I got you. You're ok. Must have been one hell of a nightmare."

"You have no idea." Clary tells him, sighing. "I was strapped to this piece of furniture and my mom was there. She kept telling this guy to protect me, but then he reached his hand into my skull and ripped out my brain."

"Hello, Freddy Krueger." Simon says sharing a small smile with each other.

"Tell me about it. What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in the infirmary?"

"Uh, I just... really needed to see you."

"I am so sorry. My messed up life put you in danger." Clary apologizes.

"I'm fine." Simon assures.

"No, if those vampires hurt you... I couldn't live with myself. You're all I've got left." Clary tells him.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm totally grateful that your friends got me out before the vampires drained me like a Big Gulp. But... How well do you know this Jace guy? Can you trust him, and the others? Can Alessia?" Simon asks Clary, not knowing the relationship between Alec, Jace, and Alessia.

"I think so. I mean, he saved my life... and yours." Clary says trying to ignore her hostile feelings towards Alessia being mentioned.

"True. But I was thinking... all of this craziness started the minute you followed after him when he took Alessia with them at Pandemonium. You think that's just a coincidence?"

"Honestly, I don't even know what to think anymore. All I know is I have to get my memories back. I need to know who I really am. Maybe... Maybe I saw where my mom hid the Cup, and... and if I could just remember... I could save her. I just... I wanna put all this behind me. But I don't know this world. I don't even know where to start looking. I'm... I'm just lost." Clary admits, feeling useless.

"Hey... ok. Look, start with what we know, ok? We know that dreams are remnants of memories." Simon says, Cary agreeing urging him to continue.

"You saw your mom in the nightmare, before the guy was reaching into your brain."

"Yeah, she... she called him Magnus. I mean, it's completely random, I never-"

"Magnus Bane?" Simon interjects.

"Maybe. Why? How do you know that name?" Clary questions confused.

"I heard it from the vampire. You know, the shockingly hot one, it was..." Simon sees Clary's raised eyebrows, and backtracks. "Sorry, uh, Camille... She was super pissed at this Magnus Bane guy when I told her that someone took your memories."

"Simon! Simon, you're amazing! You've just... You've given me my first solid lead." Clary smiles.

"I did?"

"Yeah." Clary says as she puts on a vest as she stand up from her bed.

"Awesome. Wait, where are you going?"

"I have to find Jace and tell him about Magnus Bane." Clary answers.

"Oh." Simon says disappointed.

"What would I do without you?" Clary says as she runs out of the room.

"Really? Again? I'm such an idiot." Simon berates himself, walking to the mirror in her room. Only to notice blood dripping from his mouth. "Oh, God."

Simon sees a vison of Camille appear behind him, laughing. He gasps and quickly turns around. There's no one there. He turns back around, facing the mirror again, and the blood is gone.

Simon stares at at the mirror with wide eyes, "I gotta get out of here. Gotta get out of here..."

______________

(In the Training Room)

(3rd Pov)

Jace is sparing with Alec while Alessia watches, taking not of their fighting styles, when Clary runs in.

"Jace, I need to talk to you about something, it's really im-" Jace turns around and Clary gets a look at his bare chest, completely ignoring the other two. "Oh... Sorry, I... I really should've knocked first." Jace rolls his eyes as Clary starts to check him out.

"Yeah, you should've." Alec says annoyed, grabbing Jace's staff as he holds it out and putting both of their staffs back.

"Let me grab a shirt." Jace says noticing the tension, he walks over to where Alessia is standing and grabs his shirt.

"Yeah. Good idea." Clary says turning around, her back towards the trio.

Alessia pouts at Jace when he puts his shirt on, both Alec and Jace chuckle at her and give her amused smiles. Jace giving her a pec on the cheek, both boys smirk when she blushes and she playfully shoves both of them.

"Uh... Jace?" Clary questions turning around, jealousy lacing her voice. Which Alec and Alessia notice, both rolling their eyes.

"Huh? Oh yeah, what's up? You wanted to see me?" Jace says, turning back to Clary.

"Yeah, um... I need you to tell me everything you know about Magnus Bane."

Alessia looks at Clary in confusion, Alec and Jace turning towards her wondering if they should mention Alessia's connection to Magnus. But she shook her head, basically telling them not to.

"Magnus Bane is the High Warlock of Brooklyn, why?" Jace asks as they turn back to Clary.

"Because that vampire, Camille, practically accused him of stealing my memories."

"Where did you hear that?" Alec questions.

"When Simon told Camille someone took my memories back at the hotel Dumort, she blamed Magnus Bane."

"Right, and you believe your little mundane friend?" Alec questions.

"I believe Simon." Clary snaps, making Jace and I glare at her as I step in front of Alec taking a step forward in warning. Alec smiles at Jace and I, liking how protective we are. "Besides, I keep having these dreams where this Magnus guy is with my mom and she tells him to protect me."

"You mean, like, memory fragments?" Alessia asks her friend.

"Yeah, but... they're not making sense." Clary answers frustrated.

"Whatever, why didn't you tell me about that?" Alessia looks confused and slightly hurt, which makes Alec and Jace step closer to her for comfort.

"Because, well because..." Clary trails off, looking for an excuse. "I'm sorry, it's just that practically a week ago I didn't even know this world existed. Let alone that Magnus is real." Clary looks apologetically at her friend, "Forgive me?" Clary smiles as Alessia nods, accepting her apology.

"Magnus' magic is so powerful, he can evade even the Silent Brothers. If he's the warlock that took your memories... he could be the key to everything." Jace reveals, Alec nodding along.

"People are risking their lives to help me get my memories back. But there might not be anything there. I might not even remember anything that will lead to the Mortal Cup... or my mom." Clary runs her hand through her hair, stressed.

"Oh, Clary." Alessia says walking forward giving her a hug, which Clary gladly accepts. "Believe me when I tell you that finding your memories is our only shot at getting the Mortal Cup back." Alessia tells her, pulling back from the hug but keeping her hands on Clary's arms.

"But-"

"Look at me... I'm willing to take that chance on you. And so is Simon." Alessia cuts off Clary

Isabelle walks into the room hurriedly, "Jace, I need you. The mundie's leaving."

"Simon? He can't leave!" Clary exclaims.

"He can and he is. Unless you wanna tie him down and restrain him?" Isabelle corrects.

"I have to stop him." Clary says before running out of the room.

"Izzy, go wake Hodge." Alessia cuts him off before he can say anything else, giving him a slight glare. "Izzy PLEASE go wake up Hodge. We might have a lead on the Mortal Cup." Jace says, emphasizing the word please giving Alessia an exasperated look, as the sibling duo share an amused glance over the two. Alessia gives Jace an approving hum, patting his chest as a well done sort of gesture.

Alessia starts walking to the entrance of the Institute knowing that's where Clary and Simon were, Jace following her Alec going with Izzy.

(Alessia's Pov)

"How can one mundane be such a pain in my ass?" Jace mumbles, I give him a small amused smile.

We make it to the entrance and see Simon and Clary arguing.

"Yes, you can, it's... it's not safe here." Simon tells her pleadingly.

"In fact, this is the safest place either of them could possibly be." Jace tells Simon.

"You don't get to talk to me, Captain America." Simon angrily tells Jace, I go to step in but Jace gives me a reassuring smile silently telling me to let him handle it.

"Considering I'm the guy with the weapons, I pretty much get to say what I want."

"Okay, come at me, bro!" Simon takes a step forwards, but Clary stops him, putting a hand on his chest.

"Hey, what is your problem?" Clary asks Simon, passive aggressive.

Simon points at Jace, "He's my problem! He's just like Kirk Duplesse from high school. Do you remember him? Total jerk with the square jaw. Smelled like body spray, always bullying people." Simon turns to Jace, "Why don't you do your own homework? Just once, yeah?" Simon sneers at Jace, while I take a step in front of Jace giving him a warning look. He takes a step back turning to Clary, "I can take care of myself." With that he walks out of the institute.

"I'm not saving his ass a second time-" Jace warns Clary.

"Really, Jace?" She turns around and runs after Simon. We let her go, and I turn to face Jace.

"You got protective for a second there, it was kinda hot." Jace says with a teasing smirk.

"Oh shut up." I say with a smile as I go to push him, only to have him catch my hands.

"I'm serious, I like it when you get protective over me and Alec." He tells me, "I know he likes it to."

"As if you guys don't get protective too." I say slightly blushing.

"Oh we do, we're most likely going to get worse after we finish the bond." He says smiling at me.

"Ugh, I know it'll be unbearable." I say jokingly rolling my eyes, he grins. "You guys still haven't told me how we complete the bond."

Jace smirks once again before pulling me close and whispering into my ear. Once he's done he pulls back and sees me turn into a tomato, and laughs before putting his arm around my shoulders and leading to go and find the others.

(They're now in the meeting room, talking about Magnus Alessia is standing beside Alec)

"Magnus Bane. He's over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite... and quite excessive." Hodge starts talking about Magnus, and though his facts are right he doesn't even begin to explain the other sides to Magnus. Though I maybe one of the only people to see them, so I digress.

"He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta." Clary not so quietly tells Izzy.

"Guetta's already a Downworlder." Clary makes a surprised expression and listens closely to Izzy, "Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?"

"Can you two focus? This is not a joke." I grab Alec's hand, hoping to calm him down.

"Someone needs to get slayed." Izzy gives Jace and I a suggestive look, which makes Jace smirk and me blush.

"Alec's right. Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters." Hodge continues.

"Well, then why did he help my mom remove my memories? Isn't she a shadowhunter?" Clary questions confused.

"She could have payed him." I mention, remembering Magnus telling me all about how Jocelyn begged him for help.

"Yes, one of the best shadowhunters I've ever met. But Alessia's right, 'help' might not be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But more than likely, your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic." Hodge nods at me as he tells Clary about Magnus's motives.

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything." Jace explains.

"Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them." Alec's right, Magnus would have gathered all the other warlocks from New York and transported them to a safe place.

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn-" Hodge gets cut off when his circle rune starts to burn him.

"Hodge, your rune. You okay?" At his nod Clary continues, "So how do we find Magnus?"

"We don't. Magnus find us." Jace speaks up, keeping Magnus's and mine relationship a secret. "We'll set up a meeting, somewhere protected. Lure him out of hiding."

"And I know exactly where we do it." Isabelle says as she grabs Hodge's tablet and swipes through it. When she finds what she's looking for she turns it around and lets us see, it being a flyer for a VIP Downworlder party.

"A Downworlder rave. Nice, Izzy." Jace grins at her.

"And where'd you get that?" Alex questions his sister.

"During my surveillance of the Downworlders." She answers giving him an innocent look, "From what I hear, Magnus likes to Party." Well, she's right about that he used to drag me to some of the ones he went to.

"He'll never go for it. Not with Valentine trying to kill him." Alec denies.

"Of course he will. He'll blend in. Hide in plain sight." Jace disagrees.

"I don't know, it seems-" Clary trails off.

"Never underestimate Magnus' hedonism. Or his greed." Hodge says grabbing his tablet and walking away, "Come with me."

Alec and I share a confused look, but follow Hodge with the others right behind us. We end up in the weapons/training room. Hodge using his stele to open up a locker in the ground, and pulls out a red ruby necklace.

"Is that real?" Izzy says taken aback in awe.

"A four-karat, unheated Burmese ruby. And this necklace has a special meaning to Magnus Bane as it was a gift from him to his then lover, Camille Belcourt." Hodge explains, handing it to Izzy for her to examine.

The others seem surprised, but I already knew about their fling. Magnus will want that necklace back though, I had no idea that the institute had it. I tune back into the conversation to hear Clary asking about Magnus and Camille.

"What, Camille and Magnus were lovers?"

"Warlock gets around." I smack Jace's arm, sending him a scolding look.

"Magnus bought it in 1857 for the price of his London townhouse. Now, the jewel is enchanted by a spell that alerts the wearer to the presence of demons." Ok how does Hodge know all of this? How does the institute know all this? Do they just spend their Friday nights stalking and interrogating people for information. I did not know that when I walked into the institute I'd meet a bunch of stalkers, that goes for everyone besides Jace, Alec, and Izzy.

"It's so beautiful." Isabelle sighs.

"Magnus has longed to reunite with this necklace. Offer it to him. He might just take the bait." Alec and Jace look at me, seeming to ask if it will work.

I nod at them, telling them in a hushed voice that Magnus will be there. And that he'll expect me there as well so even if he doesn't want the necklace he will come to talk to me.

"I'll send Magnus a fire message to arrange the meeting. We have to get to Magnus before Valentine does." Jace says before he walks off, leaving the rest of us to talk about the up coming mission.

Alec pulls me away from the group, leading me back to the room from before. Their shared room, and probably mine as well as soon as I agree to move in with them. He takes me by the hand and sits down on the bed, having me sit down next to him.

"Jace told me he told you more about our bond?" It wasn't really a question, more of a statement.

"Yeah." I say as I blush, he just smiles at me.

"There's no rush, you can take all the time you need to process things. We'll wait until your ready." He assures me.

"I know, and I'm really grateful for that. All of this is still kind of new to me. And there's a lot I still don't know." I start to get stressed out, thinking about everything.

"Hey, hey." Alec grabs my other hand and has me look at him, "You'll figure it out eventually. Don't worry to much about it right now." Seeing my unsure expression, he continues. "If it helps you can ask me some questions now?" I smile at him gratefully.

"Yeah that would be nice," he motions for me to begin and I do.

I spend the next hour asking him questions. After about 15 Jace had joined us, both of them answering my questions the best that they could. I don't know when our conversation shifted or how, but we ended up talking about ourselves. Our past, passions, family, you name it we just talked. But what felt like only 10 minutes had turned into a lot longer, and someone had nocked on the door. Interrupting our conversation.

"Hey, sorry to bother you guys. But I need to barrow Lissy, if we're going to a club we have to dress up." Isabelle says as she enters the room.

"Oh, ok. Sure." I say as I nod going to get up when two arms wrapped around me and pulled me back down.

"Noooo, you should stay here." Jace basically wines, not letting me get up. Alec and Izzy start laughing at us, Alec looking at us with what I can only describe as lovingly.

"But Jace I got to go get ready." I say as I try to wiggle out of his hold, which only get tighter.

"But we've only had like an hour alone with you." Jace pouts.

"Actually you guys have been in here for two hours." Isabelle points out, which Jace ignores.

"Ok, how about this," I quickly thought up a compromise. "I'll go with Izzy now. Get ready and then when we get back from the rave, all three of us can come back here or go somewhere together just us." I think I got through to him, as he loosens his hold on me and starts to smile. "How does that sound?"

"Perfect Angel." He says as he finally lets me go, all of us standing and both the boys giving me a kiss on the forehead as we part ways.

--------------------

I'm gonna end it there, thanks again for being patient with me. I just didn't have to motivation to write up until last night. Next chapter they are going to meet up with Magnus, what do you think will happen? Will they reveal to Clary the relationship between Magnus and Alessia? Will Magnus take Alessia? Or better yet will Clary finally find out the deep connection Jace has with both Alec and Alessia? I don't know, I haven't started writing yet I guess we'll see. (Yes I know that was dumb but hey I'm operating on less than 4 hours of sleep at almost 1 in the morning, so give me a break. lol)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 9.7K 87
[COMPLETED] "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, Clary." He said and I looked at him and knew that his heart and soul was filled with ice-cold no...
71.1K 1.4K 21
CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING - I know there's a lot of spelling mistakes and other grammar issues so I'm fixing them :) This is the first book I ever wro...
64.3K 2K 20
Alexander Lightwood. A reserved, loving, protecive Shadowhunter. Magnus Bane. A confident, glittery, powerful Warlock. These two, somehow, met eachot...
36.9K 908 32
18+ au Jace x Alec x Oc Simon x Clary (don't come after me it's an au) Simon (19) Jace (18) Alec (18) Clary (18) Izzy (17) Silver (17) max (11) Mary...