The Backup Singer

By brokenbonezz

▌-中宛; ❰ the backup singer ❱ taking the easy way to find success is to be called lazy. izuku midoriya, t... More

Chapter 1: Popstar Deku
Chapter 2: Trying Out
Chapter 3: New Recruits
Chapter 4: The Email
Chapter 5: A Mistake?
Chapter 6: The Mall
Chapter 7: Uraraka and Todoroki
Chapter 8: Mom
Chapter 9: Identity
Chapter 10: Distant
Chapter 11: All Might
Chapter 12: Suspicious
Chapter 13: Advice
Chapter 14: Discovered
Chapter 15: Me Too
Chapter 16: Date!
Chapter 17: Jealous
Chapter 18: Forgiveness
Chapter 19: Father?
~Epilogue~

Chapter 20: Legends

1.6K 49 43
By brokenbonezz

(A/N: Long chapter guys!)

~3rd Person POV~

It's been roughly around a year since the major event has happened. Inko Midoriya's death was very emotional. Inko has been dead for a year now, but Izuku kept on living for on for his mother. Other big events that happened were Katsuki's confession, Todoroki and Uraraka's relationship, and All Might adopting Izuku.

Today was the day Izuku was official going into business, by that I mean him having concerts, having meet and greets and etc. It might seem crazy but since that past has been rough, Izuku took a break. Of course, he still made songs but he was distant from the public. He didn't want anyone seeing him or talking to him unless it was his group of friends.

Izuku was in his office pacing back and forth, thinking of a new song to write. Lately, things between him and Katsuki are great! He's been thinking about writing a song about his lover.

Next thing you know, someone barges into the door, interrupting Izuku's thought, "Midoriya!" The blue-haired male yelled.

Izuku flinched, "Yes, Iida?" Izuku but his hands on his hips, not really surprised by Iida's actions.

Iida seemed out of breath, "I was just on a phone call with All Might, he needs to see you and Bakugo." Iida was panting, "like, NOW!"

Izuku quickly grabbed his coat and ran to the studio, he saw his boyfriend talking to the red-head male. Without saying anything he grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the room.

"Oi, what the fuck are you doing, Deku?" Katsuki was utterly confused at Izuku's actions. Was Izuku jealous because he was talking to Kirishima?

"We have to talk to All Might, it's urgent," Katsuki's eyes widen. Izuku's actions make total sense. Katsuki released himself from Izuku's grip and speed-walked beside him.

They entered the car and drove to All Might's agency, both having a great amount of anxiety.

***

Both boys entered the Agency, both having an uneasy look on their faces. All Might notices them and right away hugs them. The duo very confused hugged him back.

"All Might what did you want to talk about?" Izuku asked, the trio were making their way to All MIght's extremely big office.

As they enter the eyes of the couple widen, they have never seen an office so big, "Oi, why do you need to talk to us?" Katsuki put his hands in his pocket, he was annoyed already.

"Ah well, since Young Midoriya is back and ready to go, we have to go to a conference. Midoriya, you should be familiar with this type of meeting."

Izuku frown, he had forgotten about the "big" meeting that they always have near the end of the year, "Yeah...but why is Kacchan here?" Izuku questioned.

"Yes well, they really like the connection that you and Bakugo have. No, they don't know that you guys are dating but they want to talk to you about something." All Might explained, both boys nodded. Katsuki was fairly curious about what they need to tell him and Izuku.

Now, who is "they" you might ask? Well, obviously it's the press, radio stations, and the head of the recording studio Izuku was in, and other important people and companies. They all gather information on how Izuku was doing and his status. By the near end of the meeting, the press and people from the radio ask questions so make a report. 

"Ok, well when is this meeting?" Izuku asks, he turns to Katsuki who seems calm. Izuku was a bit nervous, especially since Katsuki is coming.

We all know that the short-tempered blond could be flicking people off for no goddamn reason. Of course, Izuku will be embarrassed if that happens in this important meeting.

All Might walked over to his desk and picked up a few files. He flipped through them until he found what he needed, "Your meeting is this Friday! Please be prepared, including you Young Bakugo," the yellow blond faced Katsuki, knowing he will get angry right away.

"Tch, old man, don't fucking underestimate me," Katsuki rolled his eyes, he grabbed his boyfriend and left.

"Kacchan! It's rude to leave like that," Izuku huffed, he snatched his arm away from the blond. He wasn't surprised by Katsuki's actions, but still, at least learn to be a little more respectful.

The couple walked to their car and drove home.

***

The duo arrived at their comfy apartment and flopped onto the couch. They turned the tv on and became couch potatoes. Izuku didn't worry that much about the meeting coming up. He's been doing it for a while now. The only thing that worries him is his lover's temper but it'll pass.

As for Katsuki, he didn't show but he was panicking. He was going to a very very special meeting. He's going to be in front of many important companies and such. Katsuki knew he had to look good for Izuku. What if Izuku's career is on the line? What if Katsuki's career is on the line?

The blond didn't notice, but he started to sweat. Izuku noticed and felt awful, he knew that his boyfriend would feel the pressure.

Izuku gave a peck to his cheek, "Kacchan it's okay. Don't feel any pressure!" Katsuki let off a big sigh, Izuku has never seen Katsuki so nervous before.

"Deku, what if your fucking job is on the line. I mean I could cost you your job." Katsuki was worried for Izuku. He loved singing with him, just imagining Izuku not next to him is unpleasant.

Izuku sighs, "Kacchan, you won't. Plus these meetings aren't about firing people. They just wanna see how I'm doing. How many songs I wrote, how many are coming out. Nothing to worry about okay?" Izuku gave another small kiss on the lips.

Katsuki nodded, fully understanding that there is no need to worry, "Why do you think they wanna see me?" He asks.

"Hm, well I thought of that too. Maybe they want to see if you have any ideas...Oh! Maybe they want to give you a promotion of some kind. Maybe they want you to work solo, which will make me pretty sad. But I will be very proud of you. But then again that would be random because we recently just started working together. BUT I shouldn't be surprised if that happens because you are great after all! Maybe they want to give the whole group a promotion, or just your opinions and-" Izuku kept on rambling on his crazy ideas of what could possibly happen in the meeting. 

"Izuku," Katsuki cut off, "I think maybe they want to see how you've been doing in someone else perspective."

"Oh...well that makes so much more sense!" Izuku smiled and hugged the blond, "I'm pretty excited."

Katsuki pulled away from the hug and cocked his head to the side, pretty confused, "Hah? Why?" He questioned.

"Well, I mean this could be a good opportunity to turn about how I can be a better singer, you as well!  Plus, I heard they have something else to talk about too, I don't know what it is though." Izuku's mouth kept on moving and moving, explaining ideas and thoughts.

Katsuki smiled, he has never seen anything so adorable in his whole life. He was lost in his own world, Izuku made him feel so special. Izuku was always cute when he mumbled to himself.

"Why are you smiling?" Izuku asked, completely dumbfounded.

Katsuki's smile grew bigger, "Because you're so damn cute," he responded. Izuku blushed at the comment. Katsuki leaned in a gave him a passionate kiss.

Their lips moved in sync, their lips fitted perfectly together. The kiss became heated, Katsuki licked Izuku's bottom lip, asking for an entrance. Izuku ignored him, trying to win dominance. Although, the great Katsuki Bakugo always had tricks up his sleeve. 

Katsuki ran his hands through Izuku's shirt. Wandering around Izuku's chest, this made Izuku gasp. Katsuki slipped his tongue in the heated kiss. Izuku moaned at the sudden action. Katsuki's hands kept roaming around Izuku's chest. Izuku's sweet moans echoed the room. 

Katsuki loved the noises Izuku made every time they make out. His cute whimpers, his sexy moans, he loved everything. Katsuki became more aggressive and bit Izuku's bottom lip. Izuku didn't mind though, he fought back by biting Katsuki's lip. Katsuki groaned, he never thought Izuku could be this hot.

Before anything became even more heated, they were interrupted by a phone called. Katsuki ignored the call and kept on kissing Izuku, moving down to his neck. A string of saliva between their mouths. Izuku moaned at the kisses. Nothing felt better than Katsuki's lips on his skin.

"K-Ka...chan, you should...answer the call," Izuku was panting between words.

Katsuki kept on kissing Izuku's neck. He left hickeys and slowly moved down, "Kacchan...the phone," Izuku managed to get a sentence out.

Katsuki was annoyed by the call, the caller kept calling him over and over again. He stopped kissing Izuku's now marked neck. He picked up his phone and checked to see who called. Can you guess who? It was Kirishima, of course!

Katsuki clicked his tongue in annoyance, he answered the call, "What."

{Well, damn. No need to get aggressive right away.}

"What do you want?"

Katsuki shifted his gaze to Izuku, he was still panting. Katsuki loved the sight he saw, he could see all the marks he felt on Izuku.

{Ah, well I heard you were having a meeting soon and I want to help you out. Y'know pick out a great suit for ya!}

Katsuki sighed, how could Kirishima possibly know about his meeting?! Did Izuku tell them? He covered the bottom half of the phone. Making sure Kirishima couldn't hear him, "Deku, did you tell anyone about our meeting?" He asked in a whisper.

Izuku shook his head no, "Why?" He asks.

"Shitty Hair found out somehow," Izuku cocked his brow, he was confused in how he found out so quickly. Katsuki removed his hand and continued talking to Kirishima.

"I don't need your help."

{Aww, Bakubro! Come on, you can bring Midobro too. We can look for suits for both of you guys!}

Katsuki sighed, he was never going to get out of this conversation unless he says yes, "Tch, fine. I'll see you guys in an hour."

He ended the call and turned to Izuku, "We're going to the mall in an hour, we're meeting up with the shitheads."

Izuku smiled, "Oh yay!" Izuku quickly got up and changed his clothes, he wanted to look nice for his friends. He walked to the bathroom and turned the light on. He turned his gaze into the mirror and saw something.

"AAAHH," Izuku screamed loudly, Katsuki came running to the bathroom, "What! What the fuck happened!" Katsuki looked around quickly trying to find any threats.

Izuku's hands traced over the hickeys Katsuki left. Izuku pouted, "Kacchan! Look at these! Oh my god, why did you leave so many!" Izuku was very embarrassed.

Katsuki calmed down finding out that it was a false alarm. He smirks at Izuku's comment, he leaned over to Izuku's ear, "People need to know who owns you, your mine," Katsuki seductively whispered in Izuku's ear.

Izuku completely flushed, the husky voice he heard sent shivers down his spine, "Kacchan, people will stare," He whined.

"Let them stare, you belong to me anyway." Izuku became even more flustered. He shoved Katsuki out of the bathroom and slammed the door closed.

"OI IZUKU, WHAT THE HELL!" Katsuki screamed, he was unknown to Izuku's actions.

"I NEED TO COVER THESE, THE OTHERS ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT IT!" He yelled from the other side of the door.

Katsuki snickered, god Izuku was so cute. He walked over to the bedroom and changed his clothes as well.

--------------------------------------------------

Izuku and Katsuki met up with the others at the mall, they all went to a suit store first to find great luxury suits for the couple. (a/n: bro idk what suit stores are called LMAO IM SORRYFSH)

"Hey, Bakubro!" Kirishima exclaimed. Kirishima brought the whole group except for the girls. They were having a girl's night.

"Yeah, yeah, let's just go shopping alright?" Katsuki dragged Izuku to the store and looked through an aisle that had very beautiful suits.

"So what type of suit do you want Bakugo?" Sero asks.

"I don't know, I want red though," Katsuki responded while looking at suits.

"And you Midoriya? What color suit do you want?" Kaminari asks.

"Ah, well I want something green or just a classic suit, just plain black and white I guess," Izuku explained his taste. Which is fairly helpful, unlike Katsuki. All the blond said was a color.

All of the boys spread out around the store to find suits for the couple. Katsuki and Izuku stuck together while the other three went on their own.

"Hey Kacchan, I think this suit is nice for me!" Izuku shoved the suit in front of Katsuki's face. The suit was dark green. Yes, it looked nice but a con about it was too green. It was screaming green.

Katsuki, a pro with fashion, shook his head no. He put the suit back and looked for another suit. He pulled out a regular suit. Izuku, who is very bad with fashion, shook his head no. He thought the suit was pretty boring.

The blond groaned, he never thought finding suits could be so hard! 

Katsuki and Izuku were looking for suits, Kaminari was trying suits on, Sero was actually trying to help, and Kirishima got distracted and got suits for himself.

Really, the whole shopping spree was a catastrophe. But also it was normal for them, even though people were looking at Kaminari, thinking why is putting the pant on his head and saying, 'I grew horns out on my head!' over and over again. 

In the end, the group came together and the results were Izuku and Katsuki holding a few suits for options, Kirishima with his own suit, Kaminari with a pair of pants on his head, and Sero with options for Izuku and Katsuki.

Izuku sighs and whines, "Ughh, why is this hard!" He walks over to a changing room and tries on all the suits he chose and some of Sero's. Katsuki does the same. 

All the suits didn't look nice, while everyone was giving ideas and thought to the couple, Kaminari wandered around the store and thought it would be nice to help. He found two suits that he thought looked nice.

Kaminari walked back to the group and they were having an agreement, "Kacchan, this one is so boring!"

"Dammit Deku, that's the only good one so far!" He yelled back, "Guys the matching one looks good on both of you guys!" Kirishima tried to break the group up.

"NO!" They yelled in unison, Kaminari calmly made his way to the duo and shoved the suits in their faces.

"You loud ass people are annoying some times. Here, try these!" He smiled and walked back to the other three males.

Izuku and Katsuki changed and walked out of the fitting room, Kirishima and Sero gasped at the suits they wore while Kaminari smirked. You should never underestimate Denki Kaminari!

The couple faced each other and quickly became flustered. They both thought that they looked extremely well in the suits Kaminari chose.

The suit for Katsuki was a crimson red dress shirt, a black tie, and black pants. The color made Katsuki's ash-blond hair pop out. He looked very handsome. For Izuku, he looked very handsome as well. He had a black dress shirt with a grayish military green vest on top, a white vest, and finally a pair of black pants. 

(A/N: HUBABABBAAA- i luv this picture tbh, anyways continue reading!)

Izuku and Katsuki both nodded at each other, they were going to buy the suits and go to the meeting with them. After they changed back into their regular clothes they, by they, I mean Izuku, thanked him for his help. They were very grateful. 

They walked around the mall a little more, grabbed some food, and laughed. It was a good day to go out. Kaminari always knew how to make people laugh with his stupid jokes and thoughts.

***

It was the day of the grand meeting. Izuku and Katsuki were changed into their suits, and they were on their way to All Might's Agency in a limo. Katsuki was a tad bit nervous, he didn't want to mess up in any way. Izuku was calm, he felt pretty normal. He was used to these meetings they have every year.

They arrived at the Agency and walk towards the big glass doors. They both opened a door and a big crowd covered them, the paparazzi going crazy. Lights flashing everywhere almost blinding them. Security leads through the crowd and brought them to safety.

The meeting was being held in a big room with a giant table. Other people were already there. Some of the press, some CEO's of major companies, and the CEO of the records Izuku is in.

There were way more people than before, causing Izuku to get a bit of anxiety. Izuku was starting to get stress, he could feel the eyes of the press on him. Katsuki noticed this and held Izuku's hand. 

He whispered in his ear, "It's okay baby, I'm right here," Izuku softly smiled. They sat down in their seats and the conference began.

"Okay, Izuku how has your health been and such, any problems? "One asks.

"No, I'm perfectly healthy. Mentally and Physically." The green-haired male responded.

The questions continued, "Any new information we need to know about?" Another asks.

"Um, not really," He chuckled softly, "I think the only thing is the new group of members I hired to be my backup singers."

Everyone asked Izuku questions, some of them were overwhelming. Katsuki could see that some of them made Izuku uncomfortable. Katsuki desperately wanted to yell at them, telling them to back off and notice how uncomfortable Izuku is.

They finished their questions and turn to Katsuki, "Sir, how does it feel like to work with Izuku?" A reporter asks.

"Working with Izuku has been fucking great. Even though in the past few months it's been very hard for him. He was strong and stood his ground. I've never been more fucking proud. I'm happy to work with him." Katsuki turned to Izuku who was a bit flustered. The younger male gave a look that said, 'stop cursing so much.' Katsuki laughed a bit.

The duo sat close together, they held hands under the table. Another question came up that surprised them, "Are you two dating?" Another reporter asks.

Katsuki glanced at Izuku, seeing if it's okay to answer. Izuku hesitantly nodded, he felt ready to share. He honestly felt so powerful and confident. As if nothing could stop him!

"Yeah. I, Katsuki Bakugo am dating Izuku Midoriya. Now you fuckers back off. He's mine and I love him so fucking much." Izuku blushed while Katsuki practically growled at the news reporters. After he said that more and more questions were being asked.

"ENOUGH!" Someone yelled. A guy in what seems a very expensive suit stood up. Everyone went silent. He sighed and sat back down. He sat directly across from the couple.

"We have major news to tell the both of you, and we would like you to think about this opportunity." The guy in the suit was the CEO of Izuku's record label.

The duo nodded, "You two are very popular as of right now. As we speak you guys are making thousands and thousands of dollars. You both are very talented singers and we would like to make you more."

The couple's eyes widen, thousands or dollars? Crazy! They couldn't believe what they were hearing.

"We would like to make you guys the wonder duo."

They looked at each other a smiled brightly, it was their dream since they were young. They never thought they would reach this point!

"Should we Kacchan?" Izuku asks.

Katsuki chuckles, "Why the hell not?"

The CEO slid a paper across the table, a contract. A contract of them becoming the first wonder duo the world has seen.

A tear rolled down Izuku's freckled cheek, he was crying tears of joy. Katsuki hugged his lover, he was so happy they couldn't express it!

Questions started to pop up from every corner of the room, cameras were flashing. Izuku and Katsuki kept on hugging, ignoring what's going on around them. Katsuki gave Izuku an innocent small kiss.

Izuku smiled brightly and turned to the reports and pointed a finger, telling them to ask a question.

"How did you and Katsuki meet?" A reportedly curiously asked.

Izuku chuckled, "Ah, this is a story you all want to take note of." All the news reporters took out notebooks and recording tapes.

"Backup singer."

Everyone looked at him dumbfounded.

"He was the backup singer."

~The End~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading my story! I had a lot of fun writing it, hope you enjoyed reading it. Thank you so much for the views and votes, I'm so grateful! Please, please, please don't be afraid to give me ideas or feedback.

An epilogue will be coming out soon, don't worry!

Please watch for new announcements that will be coming out soon!

Bye!

bones.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 6.2K 22
𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙚𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙯𝙪𝙠𝙪 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙮𝙖 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙢𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙩�...
5.6K 260 11
When Katsuki distracts himself from his desires, and love, for a certain green haired hero, he creates more problems for himself than he solves. Just...
254K 10.3K 51
Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his musical talent is not limited to just the...
89.3K 4.3K 30
Izuku Midoriya is one of the most trusted Guardian Angels in all of heavens creations. He's spent most of his time on earth watching over those who n...