The Backup Singer

By brokenbonezz

▌-中宛; ❰ the backup singer ❱ taking the easy way to find success is to be called lazy. izuku midoriya, t... More

Chapter 1: Popstar Deku
Chapter 2: Trying Out
Chapter 3: New Recruits
Chapter 4: The Email
Chapter 5: A Mistake?
Chapter 6: The Mall
Chapter 7: Uraraka and Todoroki
Chapter 8: Mom
Chapter 9: Identity
Chapter 10: Distant
Chapter 11: All Might
Chapter 12: Suspicious
Chapter 13: Advice
Chapter 14: Discovered
Chapter 16: Date!
Chapter 17: Jealous
Chapter 18: Forgiveness
Chapter 19: Father?
Chapter 20: Legends
~Epilogue~

Chapter 15: Me Too

1.6K 50 45
By brokenbonezz

(a/n: eheheheheheh 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏)

~3rd Person POV~

The music starts.

Izuku breaths.

The microphone by his lips.

I've missed your calls for months it seems

Don't realize how mean I can be

'Cause I can sometimes treat the people

That I love like jewelry

I'm in love with Katsuki Bakugo...

'Cause I can change my mind each day

I didn't mean to try you on

But I still know your birthday

And your mother's favorite song

I know everything about him, what he loves, what he hates, who his parents are, everything...

So I'm sorry to my unknown lover

Sorry that I can't believe

That anybody ever really

Starts to fall in love with me

I don't know who fell in love first but what I do know is that I loved Katsuki since we were young. I wish I never left him when I was young...

Sorry to my unknown lover

Sorry I could be so blind

Didn't mean to leave you

And all of the things that we had behind

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh

I never forgot about him, never. I didn't mean to hurt him, it was never my intention too. I never forgot the memories we made when we were younger... 

I run away when things are good

And never really understood

The way you laid your eyes on me

In ways that no one ever could

You did look at me differently, you always protected me when I couldn't protect myself. You loved me and I didn't even notice...

And so it seems I broke your heart

My ignorance has struck again

I failed to see it from the start

And tore you open 'til the end

I love Katsuki Bakugo with my whole heart, but how could he except me? I felt him all alone and caused him so many problems...

And I'm sorry to my unknown lover

Sorry that I can't believe

That anybody ever really

Starts to fall in love with me

Kacchan, I love you...

Sorry to my unknown lover

Sorry I could be so blind

Didn't mean to leave you

And all of the things that we had behind

Please, don't expect my love. You can't. So many problems will occur and it's not fair to you...

And someone will love you

Someone will love you

But someone isn't me

It shouldn't be me who loves you, you deserve better...

Someone will love you

But someone isn't me

I'm sorry, Kacchan...

Sorry to my unknown lover

Sorry that I can't believe

That anybody ever really

Starts to fall in love with me

I can't have you...

Sorry to my unknown lover

Sorry I could be so blind

Didn't mean to leave you

And all of the things that we had behind

Please forgive me, I'm just trying to help you...

And someone will love you

Someone will love you

But someone isn't me

Please don't cry...

And someone will love you

Someone will love you

But someone isn't me

Kacchan, I love you. I'm sorry...

Tears, so many tears were rolling down his face, Izuku really loved Katsuki but he couldn't let Katsuki feel his own pain. 

Izuku grabbed the microphone, "Kacchan, I'm sorry...you don't deserve me and I don't deserve you."

Katsuki rushes to Izuku and brings him into a tight hug, "Izuku, please, I love you so much, don't say that."

Izuku digs his head into Katsuki's chest, "I'm sorry. I can't...please..." Izuku sobs, he can't imagine how hurt and emotionally unstable Katauki could be because of him.

Mina and the others head out of the room, giving both males privacy.

Izuku kept on sobbing into Katsuki's chest repeating the words, "Please Kacchan," "I'm sorry." "Please don't leave me."

Katsuki couldn't help but release a few tears too, was Izuku rejecting his love? Or was Izuku just scared?

Soon Katsuki remembered the song that they use to sing when they were younger, they would always laugh and sing it. 

He starts to hum the tune, Izuku's breathing becomes a little calmer.

"I might lose my mind..."

Izuku in Katsuki's arms was confused, why was he singing?

"Waking when the sun's down, riding all these highs. Waiting for the comedown, walk these streets with me, I'm doing decently"

Izuku takes in a deep shaky breath, why did it sound so familiar to him?

"Just glad that I can breathe, yeah" Katsuki continued, "I'm trying to realize, it's alright to not be fine on your own."

Izuku's eyes widen, the song, the words are on the tip of his tongue.

*Flashback*

Young Izuku was playing at the playground, specifically, he was just building a castle in the sandbox. He wanted to make something for Katsuki. He was coming to the park a little later so Izuku thought it would be a good idea to make Katsuki a little gift.

It's been about 10 minutes and Izuku finished his sandcastle. He was so proud of his artwork, Katsuki would love it! Izuku realized that Katsuki would be on his way to the park already.

He walked around the park, still keeping an eye on his sandcastle, hoping no one would break it down.

After he took a full sweep on checking if Katsuki had arrived yet, he went back to his box to see if his castle was still intact.

A sigh in relief, no one has touched his sandcastle, he patiently sat down next to his castle and waited for his blond friend.

Ah, just when things were good for Izuku, a bunch of older kids, probably just a year or two came up to him.

"What are you doing here, nerd?" One kid asks rudely.

"Yeah, this is our spot, get out, you ugly piece of trash." Another kid asks.

"G-Guys, I'm ju-just waiting f-for a friend, p-please leave me a-alone...I-I'm not trying to c-cause tr-trouble," Izuku said with fear in his voice.

"Tch, like we'll listen to a baby like you!" One of the bullies say.

"Wow, a sandcastle? So girly, you made something a baby could make." Another adds.

"Let's break it down!" Other demands.

Izuku's eyes widen, no way they would ruin his present for Katsuki! The 'leader' of the group orders one kid to hold Izuku back while the others break down his special castle.

"GUY NO, PLEASE STOP!!" Izuku begged. Poor young Izuku was crying while being held back.

"Such a baby, who still makes sandcastle?" A kid teased.

"Guys, please stop! That's for someone...!" Izuku begged once again.

After what seemed to be an eternity to Izuku, the bullies broke down Izuku's castle and unfortunately left a few bruises on him. They left poor Izuku alone crying in the sandbox, wailing in pain. He just wanted to do something nice for Katsuki...

Not long after, Katsuki comes and sees a figure on the sandbox crying. As he walks closer he sees that it's his friend Izuku.

Katsuki sprints to the boy, as he reaches the boy he questions the green-haired boy, "Deku, what happened?" 

Izuku sniffles, "Th-They ruined m-my gift for you a-and they h-hurt me..."

Anger was boiling in Katsuki body, he clenched his fists. If he saw those bullies again he would beat them up for hurting his precious Izuku.

"Well, what was your gift?" Katsuki asks while hugging Izuku.

Izuku kept on crying, hiccups came along as well, "I m-made you a s-sandcastle..."  

Izuku kept on crying, his gift was absolutely ruined, he just wanted Katsuki to be happy. 

After a few moments of silence, Katsuki thought it would be a good idea to sing a song, just to cheer Izuku up.

"Hey Deku, sing with me ok?"

Izuku looks up at the blond male, "W-What..?"

Katsuki starts, "I might lose my mind, waking when the sun's down"

Izuku's breathing slows down a bit, Katsuki keeps singing the melody, "Riding all these highs, waiting for the comedown"

The song seemed familiar to Izuku...ah, it was the song Katsuki sang to Katsuki privately on his birthday. How sweet of Katsuki.

"Walk these streets with me, I'm doing decently, just glad that I can breathe, yeah"

Both boys' bodies are rocking back in forth, swaying to the rhythm, "I'm trying to realize, it's alright to not be fine on your own."

Both boys take a deep breath for the next verse, "Now I'm shaking, drinking all this coffee. These last few weeks have been exhausting~"

Katsuki smiled, glad that Izuku joined with him, "I'm lost in my imagination, and there's one thing that I need from you.."

Both boys look at each other for the next verse, a weak smile grows on Izuku's face. 

"Can you come through, through?"

The boys kept singing to their song, bodies sway and smiles growing on both of their faces. Katsuki didn't need a sandcastle, just Izuku's presence, and voice.

End of Flashback

Izuku took a deep breath and join Katsuki, "Now I'm shaking, drinking all this coffee. These last few weeks have been exhausting."

Katsuki lifts Izuku's head and smiles at him, "I'm lost in my imagination, and there's one thing that I need from you."

They both continue singing, their bodies sway together as their harmonic voices blend.

"Can you come through, through?"

Izuku chuckles, remembering the memories they had when they sang this song together, "Through, yeah, and there's one thing that I need from you. Can you come through?"

Izuku sighs, "Kacchan.."

"Yeah?"

"..."

"Take your time, no pressure." Katsuki comforts Izuku.

"..."

Izuku takes a deep breath and cups Katsuki's face, Izuku stares into Katsuki's crimson red eyes, he smiles slightly, knowing that maybe, just maybe, things will be alright.

Izuku leans in slowly, eyes still attached to one another. The lips on a few inches apart, both males being able to feel each other's breath.

Izuku's thumb rubs on Katsuki's cheek, and that's when sparks were flying.

Izuku's lips were gently placed on Katsuki's, wrapping his arm around Katsuki's neck. The connection between the two never felt stronger.

Katsuki without hesitation kisses Izuku back, the kiss was everything he wanted. Izuku's lips were so soft against his, the kiss was like a dream come true, so perfect and magical.

Izuku backs away from Katsuki and stares at Katsuki's beautiful red orbs.

"I love you too..."

Word Count: 1768

(a/n: hehfhehfhehehe, i bet yall were waiting for this hhuuuuhhhh (    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) well tysm for reading this chapterrr, dont forget to vote, follow, and comment. see yall next time baii!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 1.1K 23
Two very different versions of Midoriya Izuku swap dimensions and learn some very important lessons about self-worth. Well, one of them does anyway...
89.4K 4.4K 30
Izuku Midoriya is one of the most trusted Guardian Angels in all of heavens creations. He's spent most of his time on earth watching over those who n...
17.9K 522 20
[ DISCLAIMER : This story is currently being rewritten so I'd recommend going to my account and finding the new one. It has the same name and cover...
55.1K 1.9K 20
***17 + or viewer discretion please*** (Book 2-) 𝐈𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤. 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚...