𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃�...

By darkw1ngs

I highly recommend reading the rewrite, which is still in the process of being updated, if you want a more ma... More

i n t r o d u c t i o n
❃ failure
❃ fuck you
❃ liquid luck
❃ brown eyes
❃ alone
❃ regret
❃ accusations
❃ good wife
❃ unbreakable vow
❃ in my sleep
❃ overprotective
❃ skyscraper
❃ a perfect storm
❃ the black lake
❃ unforgettable
❃ the paintings under my bed
❃ familiarity
❃ pain never heals
❃ sunrise
❃ healer
❃ calming draught
❃ she doesn't love me
❃ children of war
❃ stop
❃ promise
❃ fireplace
❃ bedrest
❃ skipping dinner
❃ paris
❃ vivienne
❃ penelope
❃ lightning has struck
❃ don't cry
❃ filthy little mudblood
❃ mirror of erised
❃ all over again
❃ I'm sorry
❃ boulder
❃ woolworth building
❃ agent
❃ it's okay, flower
❃ stabbed
❃ tell her I remember
❃ I love you, penelope
❃ never safer
❃ incendio
a u t h o r ' s n o t e
b o o k r e c s
r e w r i t e

❃ not a chance

6.2K 256 331
By darkw1ngs

Quick PSA, I know the train scene I used is technically from September at the beginning of seventh year. It was just easier to use during the train ride back home for Christmas break :)) enjoy reading <3

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆

"Undesirable number one, Harry Potter. Reward, ten thousand galleons on his head," Daphne exclaimed, reading one of the flyers the Carrow's had placed on each train compartment's door.

"Ten thousand galleons? Where are they getting that kind of money?" Naevah scoffed, taking a bite of her morning biscuit.

"Probably Draco's bank account," Blaise snorted, earning a roll of the eyes from Draco, whom I was currently sitting on.

"The Gryffindor compartment has probably already torn the flyers to shreds and thrown them into the wind," Pansy chuckled, her black ankle boots propped up on the table.

We all jerked forwards as the train came to an abrupt stop, Draco's hands tightening around my waist as to make sure I didn't fall over.

"What's this about?" Pansy stood, peeping her head out the compartment door, bickering in the distance. "It's coming from where Ginny and that lot is sitting."

"Let me see," Daphne stood, staring out the door next to Pansy.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Death eaters are boarding the train," Pansy said quietly.

"Are you serious-"

"Shh," Daphne hushed Blaise, as we all listened to the quarreling in the distance.

"My father will hear about this," Cormac exclaimed.

"That's my line."

"Shut up, Draco," Naevah hissed, slapping him on the shoulder.

"Ow."

I stood from Draco's lap despite his obvious annoyance, peeking over Pansy's head as I watched the death eaters study each student, in obvious pursuit of Harry.

"Hey, losers. He isn't here," Neville exclaimed, standing from his chair. Naevah's lips quirked slightly upwards.

"You'd love for him to defend you like that, wouldn't you," Draco chuckled.

"Shut up." She smiled.

"Sit down, kid. He may not be here, but your little blonde friend has been shit talking The Dark Lord in her little newspapers," a death eater clamped around Luna's arm, Pansy's eyes turning frantic.

"Is it wrong I have different beliefs than you, sir? The Ministry smears Harry's name, why can't I smear yours?" Luna spoke softly, "Please don't touch me."

"You've just gotten yourself in a lot of trouble, young lady," the man forced her up, "I guess we'll have to take you as bait."

Ginny and Neville stood in protest, Pansy trying to run out the locked door with tears in her eyes, but they'd already apparated away, Luna in hand.

"No, no no no, this can't be happening-"

"Pansy, what's wrong?" Daph asked,

"They just kidnapped my girlfriend, that's what's fucking wrong-"

Pansy's lips pursed shut.

"Your what?" Daphne exclaimed excitedly, shaking her shoulders.

"It doesn't matter what I said, what if they hurt her-"

"She'll most likely be taken to the Manor. She'll be alright, we can work this out. Don't worry about it," Draco huffed, pulling me back into his lap, wrapping his hands around my waist as he placed his chin on my shoulder.

"Don't worry about it? Says you, your girlfriend is safe and sound in your fucking lap," she buried her face in her hands, sitting back down.

Everyone settled back into their seats.

"How long?" Naevah asked.

"Since December of sixth year."

"Holy fuck, I knew something was up but holy fucking shit," Blaise exclaimed. "Impressive you managed to keep who it was a secret for an entire year."

"So am I," Pansy sighed, crossing her arms, pursing a sugar quill between her lips which she'd bought from the trolley just an hour earlier.

"How you holding up?" Draco mumbled in my ear as their conversation continued.

"I'm okay," I sighed, "I just really don't want to go home."

"You aren't leaving my side this entire break, do you understand?" his tone was low and quiet, but he made himself clear.

"Mhm," I nodded, locking my pinky in his underneath the table.

"Good girl," he kissed my jaw, rubbing my palm with his thumb.

I fell asleep on his chest for the rest of the train ride.

When we arrived at the platform, Narcissa picked us up, apparating us back to the Manor. My stomach churned as we walked through the front doors, met by the smell of Mrs. Nott's fresh chocolate chip cookies.

"May, my darling girl!" Bella rushed into the room, a half eaten cookie in her hands as she gave me a tight hug. "Draco's room enchantments are ready. I did them in advance after I heard what happened last time," she cupped my face with her hands, "I'm so sorry,"

I turned to Draco.

"You told-"

Draco nodded.

"Where is he?" I sighed, looking back towards Bella.

"I locked him in the cellar buck naked. He won't be going anywhere any time soon, not if I can help it. I'm looking forward to killing the son of a bitch, unless you would like to of course," she exclaimed happily, leading us into the kitchen where we all took a cookie from the three trays.

"I'd love to do the honor," I rolled my eyes jokingly. Draco raised an eyebrow at me, his face serious.

"What?" I mumbled through cookie crumbs.

"Nothing."

"Good answer," I stood on my tip toes, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

The Manor, despite the sour mood, had been decorated for Christmas per usual. Ornaments of silver and green hung from the fir trees, garland lining the staircase's railings as we returned to Pansy's room, smoking while drawing up a plan on how to break into the dungeons.

"We have to get her out," Pansy exclaimed.

"We can help her, but there's no getting her out of the Manor. We could be killed, Pansy," Draco exclaimed, running his fingers through his hair.

"Can I at least bring her food? Give me a spare key, I'll keep it a secret. Please, Draco," she begged.

He drew in a deep sigh. "Fine. Dobby," he called. The house elf apparated into the room in an instant.

"What can Dobby help with, Master?"

"You'll be apparating Pansy in and out of the dungeons to see Luna Lovegood every night at eight o'clock. Bring food, enough for two," Draco said.

"The guards check the locks and deliver meals at that time Sir," Dobby said shyly.

"Is ten o'clock alright?"

"Yes, Master," Dobby exclaimed, raising his hand to apparate away.

"Dobby?" Draco stopped him.

"Yes, Master?"

"Call me Draco."

Dobby nodded with a smile before snapping his fingers.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," Pansy pulled Draco into a tight hug.

"This is awkward," he muttered, unused to being embraced by anyone but myself. His eyes met mine, and I gave him a soft chuckle and smile.

"We're going to bed, see you lot later," Blaise and Daph stood, heading out the door.

"I'm going to go sulk in my own loneliness. Bye," Theo stood, shrugging as he walked out of the room.

"Same as Theo, get out and snog somewhere else," Pansy pushed us out the door.

"She's charming," Draco scoffed, leading me down the hall, his arm wrapped around my waist. I stopped in my tracks as I saw my door.

"Hey," he squeezed my hand, "it's okay."

I nodded as we continued walking. He opened his door, taking me inside, double checking the protective spells despite my Father's absence.

We immediately stripped down to our undergarments, slipping under his fleece sheets as his warm skin pressed against mine, holding me close to his chest.

"Flower?"

"Mhm?"

"I'm really sorry for yelling at you," he said softly, running his hands through my dark brown curls.

"It was four months ago, don't worry about it," I smiled, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"I feel... really bad. Every time you do something for me, or talk to me or even fucking look at me I just remember that-and-I just feel so guilty," he gushed.

"You were in a bad headspace. I don't blame you, I would've been angry too,"

"But you were only trying to help, and I yelled at you like that-"

"Draco," I cupped his cheek with my hand, "it's okay."

"You're too forgiving," he sighed, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"You're the only exception, love," I laughed, placing a soft, affectionate, kiss on his lips.

"I love you, so much, Flower," he whispered, cuddling my body further into his, resting my head in the nook of his neck.

"I love you more."

I was nearly asleep when I heard his voice again.

"Flower?"

"Mhm?"

"Please don't leave me."

"Not a chance, Draco. Not a chance."

𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒅𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒚 <3

~ 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝, 𝚒𝚕𝚢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 31.5K 71
❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨❞ Y/N Larkspur arrives at Hogwarts with a disgraceful family name to be sorted into the house her father scorns. Her world suddenly co...
1.2M 49.4K 74
A postwar fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, and no one understands him the way Draco Malfoy does. One apologetic letter written by Draco will ch...
135K 2.6K 40
!!!READ WARNINGS PRIOR TO READING!!! You are a muggle house maid, and your last assignment didn't go well, so you are being reassigned to a new prope...
504K 12.4K 42
It's been two years since the battle of Hogwarts and Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley have everything they ever wanted. Great friends, amazing boyf...