Totally Dramatic (Duncan x Re...

By Quoetic

[Y/N] is the crowd pleaser, the golden girl. In her mother's eyes, she can do no wrong. Her father abandoned... More

'Not So Happy Campers' Part One
The Big Sleep
Dodgebrawl
Not Quite Famous
The Sucky Outdoors
Phobia Factor
Up The Creek
Paintball Deer Hunt
If You Can't Take The Heat
Who Can You Trust?
Basic Straining
X-Treme Torture
Brunch Of Disgustingness
No Pain, No Game
Search and Do Not Destroy
Hide and Be Sneaky
That's Off The Chain!
Hook, Line and Screamer
Wawanakwa Gone Wild!
Trial by Tri-armed Triathlon
Haute Camp-ture
Camp Castaways
Are We There Yeti?
We Meet Again.
Make Your Choice.
Authors Note
Total Drama, Drama, Drama, Drama Island

'Not So Happy Campers' Part Two.

17.8K 407 865
By Quoetic

"Last time on Total Drama Island. 23 campers have signed up to spend eight weeks right here at this crummy old summer camp, then have to face the judgement of their fellow campers. With a 1000 foot high cliff jump awaiting them, how will the cope? Will someone crack under pressure? Find out now!"

"I did not sign up for this," Gwen stated as we stood on top of the cliff, the breeze flowing wildly. In my [F/C] bikini, I glanced down towards the water, trying to swallow away the lump in my throat.

"At this point, I don't think any of us did," I remarked, wrapping my arms around my body.

"Okay. Today's challenge is three-fold. Your first task is to jump off this 1,000-foot-high cliff into the lake." Chris exclaimed, beaming at the campers. Looking over to him, I grimaced. This could kill someone!

"Piece of cake," Bridgette spoke, a slight waver in her voice. I gave her a small smile, and squeezed her shoulder encouragingly. At least she was trying to take this slightly on the light side.

"If you look down, you will see two target areas. The wider area represents the part of the lake that we have stocked with psychotic man-eating sharks. Inside that area is a safe zone. That's your target area, which, we're pretty sure is shark free." You could hear the amusement in his voice. Clenching my fists, I began to wonder how someone could be so careless to a bunch of teens. I mean, I know we're in it to win it, but this seemed a little bit extreme.

"Excuse me?!" Leshawna's eyes widened, and hers weren't the only ones. Many others were mumbling under their breath, trying to convince themselves that they'd be okay.

"For each member of your team that jumps and actually survives, there will be a crate of supplies waiting below. Inside each crate are supplies that you'll need for the second part of the challenge... building a hot tub. The team with the best one gets to have a wicked hot-tub party tonight. The losers will be sending someone home. Let's see, Killer Bass, you're up first." Chris sent a smirk to the team, and I glared back, gritting my teeth.

"So, who wants to go first?" Bridgette questioned, peering over the edge. I turned to see faces looking away, not wanting to make eye contact in case they were forced to jump.

"Surely it can't be that bad. Right?" I asked to no-one in particular. I stood up next to the blonde, taking calm breaths. It was just like diving, no big deal. A chuckle behind me made me turn.

"What's wrong, dollface? Left your confidence back at the cabins?" Duncan laughed, and I glared at him.

"Oh, totally. You think you're so 'cool'? Why don't you do it?" I asked, raising a brow. He shrugged, and gave me a smirk.

"Hey, Chris. Is there a rule about how many people can jump at the same time?" Duncan asked, and the host shook his head.

"Perfect. Alright, princess. You're so tough, let's jump together." Duncan proposed, and I swallowed once more. I glanced down at the water, fear creeping up my spine. I'd always been petrified of heights, and this did not look well.

"You're on. On the count of three." I stated, and the delinquent took a few steps up towards me.

"One."

"Two."

"Three." Without glancing, I jumped off the cliff, seeing Duncan jump at the same time.

"Holy sh-" I wanted to scream, but my voice got caught in my throat. At the time, I hadn't even bothered to look as to where I was jumping, which scared me even more. As I felt my body slam into the water, I swam to the surface, noticing the small circle around me. I'd made it into the safe zone. I sighed in relief, before realising I hadn't seen Duncan.

"Duncan?" I called, twirling around in the water.

"Boo!" The boy popped up next to me, receiving a face full of water from me splashing him.

"Don't do that!" I instructed, swimming over to the boat and climbing up. He made his way up, too, and I glanced up to see Bridgette preparing to jump.

"You've got this!" I called up to her, and saw her smile. Taking the leap, I watched as she dropped into the safe zone.

"Woo! Go Bridgette!" I cheered, helping her up onto the boat. I made my way to the shore, sitting on the warm sand. One by one, the rest of the team began to jump. I rested my head on my legs, slowly slipping into a slumber. I hadn't slept much before I'd arrived, and fatigue was slowly getting the best of me.

Something was tickling my nose, making me slowly come into consciousness. Swatting it with my hand, I slowly opened my [E/C] eyes, blinking to help adjust to the sunlight. Immediately noticing the green hair, I groaned.

"Go away," I muttered, sitting up and stretching.

"Okay then, but I suggest if you don't want to get booted off, you'll come help us build the hot tub. Everyone already got the supplies there." Eyeing the beach, I noticed the crates that had once been there were gone, leaving only a few straggling campers.

"Crap!" I said, getting up from the sand and began sprinting to the campsite. I heard laughter behind me, however, I didn't stop, not wanting to get eliminated already. As soon as I reached the campsite, I saw my team.

"Courtney! What happened to your eye?!" I exclaimed, going over and examining it. She shrugged me off, embarrassed.

"It's nothing. I promise, I'm fine." Sending me a wide smile, I still felt protective of her. Glancing at the rest of the team, I noticed that some were missing. Katie and Sadie. Before I could ask, Courtney stopped me.

"Please, just don't ask. We could use your help building the hot tub." I nodded. I wasn't exactly a building-type, but back home, in some of my classes, I'd use toothpicks to create little things on the table, so I guess that was some sort of experience.

"Alright, let's do this." I stretched my arms, trying to regain feeling. I must have slept on them, cause I was struggling to move them.

"Harold, collect up the wood. Geoff, DJ, grab the hammers. Bridgette, you and I can get the base going." I smiled.

Chris came over, examining the hot tubs. First was the Screaming Gophers, and I had to admit, their hot tub was pretty cool.

"Nice one!" I mouthed to Leshawna, who gave me a thumbs up. Even though we were on opposite teams, I really enjoyed being friends with most of the other campers.

"Nice one Gophers! Bass, let's see how you went." Looking at the 'mess' we'd created, I sighed. This was not going to end well. I could already see small holes, where water was about to come bursting out of any second. With a tap of his finger, Chris made the hot tub explode, any work we had made was now a pile of soaked wood.

"Well, this is a pretty easy one. The winners are the Screaming Gophers!" A chorus of cheers erupted from the group, high fives and hugs all around.

"Killer Bass, what can I see? I'll see your sorry faces tonight at our first elimination ceremony!" With that, he left, leaving us with a heavy burden on our shoulders. Who would we vote off tonight?

After showering, I headed to the main lodge, where I knew my group would be. Taking a seat, I couldn't help but feel slightly responsible for our loss. Everyone was probably tired, yet I was the one who slept. And why didn't anyone wake me up earlier? I would've been okay if it meant we'd have a chance at winning.

"We have to figure out who we're going to vote off." I tuned into the conversation, resting my head in my hands as I listened to the brunette.

"And who's your pick, cyclopes?" I heard Duncan speak, I gave him a glare. Could he quit with people's nicknames?

"Well, what about [Y/N]? She fell asleep while we got the crates to the camp! When was she helping the team?" I sit up straight, shock on my face. What happened to Courtney and I being friends?

"No way! She helped us build the hot tub! Even though we didn't win, she helped more than anyone!" Geoff exclaimed, making me smile.

"Not to mention, she was the first one to jump off the cliff," DJ added. I saw Duncan smirk.

"She's staying. End of story. And why not you? I mean, out of you and the brickhouse, the one's who DIDN'T jump, I like our chances with him." Courtney then began to comment on her CIT experience, causing me to zone out once more. It was nice knowing people had my back, but I was still shocked as to why Courtney thought it'd be best to have me gone.

"Well, I just don't get why we lost, eh? They're the ones that have six girls." This caused me to direct my attention to the conversation again. Ezekiel, the 'homeschooled guy' was shaking his head in disbelief, causing me to become angry.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Bridgette asked, as Eva, her, and I crowded him.

"Yeah, home school. Enlighten us." Eva grimaced, slamming her hands on the table. After his whole 'boys are better than girls' talk, I couldn't take it. Before Eva could knock him out, I put a hand on her shoulder.

"Allow me." With that, mustering all my strength, I swung a punch.

At the elimination ceremony, I sat on the stump beside DJ. He gave me a reassuring smile, and I sent him a thumbs up. Looking over to Duncan and Ezekiel, I saw the delinquent shake his head.

"Dude, you've got a lot to learn about the real world." He stated, an amusing tone covering his speech. I focused my attention on Chris, who stood up the front.

"You've all cast your votes and made your decision. There are only ten marshmallows on this plate. When I call your name come up and claim your marshmallow. The camper who does not receive a marshmallow tonight must immediately return to the dock of shame to catch the boat of losers. That means you're out of the contest and you can't come back... Ever. The first marshmallow goes to... Geoff."

"Tyler."

"Katie."

"Harold."

"Bridgette."

"[Y/N]." Catching my marshmallow, I sighed, relieved.

"DJ."

"Eva."

"Sadie."

"Duncan. Campers, this is the final marshmallow of the evening." I glance over to Courtney and Ezekiel. Both looked like hell had slapped them in the face, and I could tell both of them wanted that last marshmallow.

"Courtney," Chris exclaimed, sending the white marshmallow her way. Turning to Zeke, he shrugged.

"Can't say I'm shocked. I saw you picking your nose, dude. Not cool. Dock of shame is that way, bro. The rest of you, enjoy your marshmallows. You're all safe for tonight." Popping the white circular object in my mouth, I savoured it. Who knew when I'd get another delicacy like this again?

I found myself sitting on the steps of the cabin, watching as the Gophers enjoyed themselves. Resting my head on my arms, I thought about home. Were things going to chaos now that I'd left? After my father left when I was a baby, my mother had gone into a downwards spiral. It had been up to my brother and I to take care of things. Even though I was the youngest, I knew I was the most mature. Sighing, I continued to think about them, when another body dropped down beside me.

"Long day?" I glanced over, and I was met with piercing blue eyes. I shrugged, facing forward once more.

"Possibly." He chuckled, which made me smile.

"Can't wait to see what McLean has his store tomorrow. God help us." This comment made me laugh. It was true; Chris was unpredictable.

"Maybe we will get lucky." I piped up.

"Doubtful." I shrug, letting a yawn escape.

"Keeping you awake, am I? I knew my charm was irresistible." I let out another laugh, rolling my eyes.

"Whatever you say, Juvie." I stand up, stretching my arms.

"I'm heading to bed. Want me to sing you a lullaby to help you fall asleep, too?" I saw an expression of terror on his face, causing me to smirk.

"Night!" I head into the cabin, falling sound asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 108 8
**COMPLETED** See how Courtney and Duncan's relationship developed over the years; from elementary school to college. Will the outside forces pullin...
23.6K 566 15
{Highest Ranking: #3 in Duncney, #9 in TotalDrama} Courtney Barlow was a good girl. Now she's a bad girl. She changed everything for her ex boyfriend...
3.6K 94 13
I'm trying to come up with a new name for this story... I'm sorry this is so cringy I don't known how to write Courtney satella has her whole life p...
146K 2.9K 19
Paige lost her parents at the age of three and now lives with her nana who is a wedding planner to the stars. Paige is convinced to audition for Tota...