Yours For The Weekend

By AuthorManoban

[ COMPLETED ] ✅ I won't ask you to wait If you don't ask me to stay More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

3

1.4K 87 16
By AuthorManoban

As I returned home from my encounter with Jisoo, I was greeted by the sight of my sister Alice, already up and about. I couldn't help but share with her the awkward and embarrassing moment that had just transpired. Despite my embarrassment, Alice burst out in laughter, finding humor in my strange reflexes. I was relieved that Jisoo hadn't been bothered by my slip-up.

The rest of the morning was spent idling at home, as we all took the time to open our gifts from the previous night. However, I had saved one present, tucking it away in my room. I wasn't quite sure when the right time would be to open it, so I left it be for the time being.

Just as I was settling into my day, my phone buzzed with a text message from Jennie, inviting me to join her for lunch. I was overjoyed at the opportunity to catch up with old friends and agreed without hesitation. With the help of my mother, we managed to clear the snow off my car, allowing me to make the journey to meet my friends.

I had informed my mother and sister of my plans to head out at noon, and they simply nodded in understanding, knowing that I was going to meet with old friends. As I unbuckled my seatbelt and leaned in for a better view of the Methodist Church stood tall on one side, while my old school loomed on the other. I noticed a few changes that had taken place in the years since I last set foot on campus.

Reaching into the passenger seat, I grabbed my bag and made my way across the street to the Vietnamese restaurant, where Jennie and Lisa were waiting for me. This place held so many memories for me, and I couldn't wait to catch up with my old friends over a bowl of pho.

I double-checked to make sure my car was locked before crossing the street, my heart beating with excitement as I approached the entrance of the restaurant.

The small, unassuming restaurant in town may not have the grandeur of a five-star establishment, but it more than made up for it with its warm and friendly atmosphere.

As I walked in, I heard a familiar voice call out to me. "Am I seeing things, or is my mom's all-time favorite customer here?" I turned to my right to see Hanh, a bright smile spreading across her face.

I rushed over to give her a hug, feeling the warmth of her embrace as she chuckled. "Do you say that to all four of us?" I teased, eliciting a laugh from her.

"How did you find out?" I asked, joining in her laughter. "But seriously, you're my mom's favorite because you eat more than the others," she added with a mischievous twinkle in her eye. "But don't tell them that."

I smiled, taking her words as a compliment to my hearty appetite. "Where's your mother?" I asked, eager to catch up on all the latest news.

"She's back in Vietnam," Hanh replied, her eyes filled with a touch of sadness. "I'm managing the restaurant for now because they won't be back until the end of the holidays."

"I saved the same table for you, so go ahead and I'll make sure you get the best Pho," Hanh said, a warm smile spreading across her face as she headed back into the kitchen.

As I walked through the bustling restaurant, I was struck by the sight of so many occupied tables. It was hard to believe that this small, quaint establishment had become such a popular destination.

Making my way to my usual corner table, I was surprised to see that someone was already seated there. I was surprised to see Jisoo here too, but I shouldn't cause we're in the same group of friends. She was resting her chin on her palm, with her eyes closed.

Clearing my throat, I scooted over to the opposite couch and took a seat. Her eyes fluttered open, and I found myself at a loss for words. "Hello," I said awkwardly, still taken aback by the unexpected encounter.

"

Hi," she said, completely at ease, unlike my own nervousness. "Let's wait for them," she added, nodding her head slowly. She inhaled deeply and rubbed her palms on her pants.

"Do you want to order first, or should we just wait?" I asked, meeting her gaze directly. She looked around the restaurant for a moment before shaking her head, indicating she didn't want to order just yet. I nodded twice in agreement, keeping my eyes fixed on her. She appeared to be exhausted, and I could sense a weariness in her posture.

"How's your shop?" I asked, trying to strike up a conversation and break the awkward silence that hung between us.

"Still the same," she replied with a brief answer. I remembered how she used to be, always chatting and rambling on about everything. Her mouth never seemed to tire as she regaled listeners with tales, wearing the brightest smile and making her the most appealing to everyone around her.

"Is it still in the same spot?" I asked, biting my lip as I tried to keep the conversation going. I was eager to learn more about her life since I'd last seen her.

"It's expensive," she said with a sigh.

"What is?" I asked, confusion furrowing my brow.

"The rent fee," she explained, and I could see the weight of the financial burden she carried in her eyes.

"Didn't you already purchase that piece of land?" I inquire, watching as she nods in affirmation.

"Apparently, someone else came along and offered the owner a more substantial sum," she explains. My eyes remain fixated on her, eager to hear the rest of the story. "Despite the fact that I had already made the purchase, the official documents were never handed over to me. It seems they are now in someone else's possession."

"That's unjust," I interject, unable to hide the frustration in my voice. "Why don't you take legal action? It's your right."

"Unfortunately, it would cost more to file a lawsuit than it would to simply pay the rent fee," she responds, casting her gaze downward. I let out a heavy sigh, feeling both sympathetic and angry at the situation.

"Wouldn't filing a lawsuit lessen some of the burden you're carrying?" I suggest, trying to offer a solution.

"I only have enough to cover my daily living expenses and a small amount saved for emergencies," she replies.

"Alice would be willing to help, there must be a way," I persist, my frustration mounting.

"But that's still her job," she responds, her tone even and composed. "And I could never ask for something for free. You know I don't like taking advantage of others," she adds.

"She would offer if she knows the situation, I'm sure of it," I say, attempting to convince her.

"Chaeyoung," she says, and I nod in understanding. After all, I know Jisoo better than anyone else and should be able to respect her decision.

"Hello there! Have you been waiting for long?" Lisa greets us as they enter, a warm smile spreading across her face.

"No, it's okay," Jisoo replies, her tone polite. Despite the fact that she may have been waiting for some time, she doesn't want to make anyone feel guilty.

Jennie takes a seat beside me, her gaze fixed on Jisoo as she speaks. "I must admit, I'm quite surprised to see you here," she says.

"There were no customers at the shop," Jisoo explains, shrugging her shoulders.

"Of course, it's Christmas after all," Lisa chimes in.

"You shouldn't go back to the shop later," Jennie says. Before Jisoo has a chance to respond, Hanh arrives at our table with a steaming hot bowl of pho and a plate of crispy spring rolls.

"Dig in and enjoy your meal," Hanh says, her voice cheerful. We offer her a grateful smile and begin to partake in the delicious food. I pull my hair back to tie it, realizing that I had forgotten to bring a hair tie.

"Oh, how I've missed this," Jennie exclaims, savoring the first bite of her meal. I reach for my chopsticks, eager to dive in. Suddenly, I notice a flash of movement out of the corner of my eye, and I see Jisoo slipping a scrunchie across the table towards me.

I gratefully accept the scrunchie, wanting to thank her for her thoughtfulness, but she seems distracted, already deep in the task of mixing her pho. I quickly tie my hair up, eager to start eating. As I finish securing my hair, I happen to catch Jisoo's eye. Then she silently swap her bowl of pho with mine, ensuring that I won't have to wait to start eating my food while I mix it and she also made sure it's no longer too hot so I can just start eating.

These small acts of kindness and consideration from her, I missed them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 9.3K 186
𝔴𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔢 /𝔯ī𝔱/ 𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔟 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔭𝔬𝔰𝔢, 𝔴𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔢, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔡 (𝔞 𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯) 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔬𝔫𝔢.
288K 3.9K 43
Maybe tomorrow, I can love you and you can love me back. ( COMPLETED)
72.9K 2K 40
𝔣𝔬𝔯·𝔤𝔢𝔱 /𝔣ə𝔯ˈɡ𝔢𝔱/ 𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔟 𝔣𝔞𝔦𝔩 𝔱𝔬 𝔯𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯.
16.5K 509 7
Don't be afraid Park Chaeyoung, don't be afraid to shoot your shot.