A Rose and A Kiss in the Rain

Par Kat7729

Is it possible for your life to flip upside down more than one way with just a kiss? Lilibeth never thought o... Plus

Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke
Lilibeth
Luke

Lilibeth

0 0 0
Par Kat7729

Two weeks have passed already since Charity's incident and she is still on the bench for any kind of dance.

I feel bad for her. That's literally her life and I sometimes watch her on some Colorguard shows I have to go to for the Yearbook staff. I wish I could be snapping some pics of my best friend, but I only get a frowning picture from her. If I weren't carrying a child, she'd probably throw her book at me for getting that pic.

Talking about my child, Luke and I seriously have to tell his mother. I insisted that maybe I should stop by, but this is kind of personal for him. So he prefers to take the first step. But other than that, I'm actually feeling much better. My little one is even bigger, too. I still have the advantage of wearing big clothes and it sort of hides it away. But if I wear something slightly fit to my size, it pops. And I love it.

Mom is all up on my belly now. She always seems to give it a tiny rub or she's even started to talk to it. It's a little odd, but I just giggle with her. My brother seems to grow on it, too. Maybe because he's on better terms with Charity. The other day, he asked me what kind of flowers were her favorite and I gave him the ones she hates. I said to myself that if he ends up not listening to me like always and chooses her favorite, then it's true. A few hours later, I got a message from Charity of a picture with a bouquet. I smiled as I observed the Lilies. It's true love....

Though, I've seen Luke a little off lately. Maybe it's because of the hospital thing. He's thoughtful and quieter than usual. He's been horribly failing all his classes and it's almost Thanksgiving break. In fact, today is the last day of school for Thanksgiving break.

I see Luke scratch the back of his neck in Physics. Worry crosses at my heart for my mechanic boy. So I sigh and lean in my chair for a small break of thinking too hard. I'm wearing something loose but it's tight enough to make it seem like I'm just gaining some weight. My stomach starts to slowly awaken and I know in a few moments, it'll cry out to me as if I haven't eaten in days.

As I reach in my backpack to get a snack, I write down a few answers on the smallest crumpled up paper and kick it by Luke's shoe. He feels it and slowly reaches down to it. He hesitates when he has it in his hands, but he quietly copies some of it down.

The things I do for this boy.....

By the time class ends, we all turn in our papers and step out. Luke waits for me at the door and once again, we walk together in silence.

"Thank you for helping me out," he says after a moment. "I was really struggling there."

"It seems like you've been struggling more than usual," I gently say to him. "Is everything alright?"

Luke tries to hide his exhaustion but let's his walls down and shakes his head. "No. I need a break."

Then a light bulb turns on inside of me and I give him a wide smile. "Say no more, my love. Meet me at the garden after school."

"What? But I have work."

"Then cancel it!" I playfully say as I enter my next class. "You won't regret it! I promise!"

By the end of the day, I quickly drive home and change into something more warmer. I find a long sleeve that used to fit me just right, but now it only shows a small bump popping forward. I nod at the mirror and drive to the house.

By now, my stomach starts with small grumbles so I make a fresh bowl of Luke's favorite fruits and snacks. I set it up at the master bed, bring out a few classics that he likes from the library and smile proudly at the refreshing decoration I've made.

My stomach does a quick growl and I pop a blueberry in my mouth. "All we have to do is wait."

Just as I finish saying this, the sound of the door opening makes me run to greet Luke. His shoulders fall tiredly as he hangs his jacket and I wrap my arms around his broad waist.

"Welcome home, honey," I playfully whisper.

This makes Luke smile and his finger tenderly runs on my cheek. With those gentle gestures I love about him, he brings me in and gives me a long kiss.

"Now this is more like it," he whispers.

His breath on my skin makes my body shiver and I smile at his brown eyes. "Wait until you see the rest..."

"What could be better than you?" he softly says as I lead him to the master room.

I open the door and reveal what I've done. "A break...."

Luke quietly looks at the various things that I've put on the bed for him. He does a small scoff and looks at me. "You did all this?"

"Yes sir," I playfully say. "You can even relax while I read Moby Dick to you."

"Oh really?"

A smirk starts on his lips as he comes closer to me. He takes my hand and then quickly takes my waist and throws me on the bed. A giggle escapes my lips as he lands next to me and wraps an arm around me. His lips gently linger on my neck and his hand slowly moves up to my belly. My heart flutters and I let my whole body experience that warmth like the first time we were together. Our lips moving in sync until he gently pulls away and says, "You don't work today?"

"No," I say as my hand goes up his broad chest. "I prefer to be here with you."

"What about your Mom? Won't she be worried if you were with me?"

"With you?" I chuckle at this and say, "I don't think her main concern is you. But if it makes you feel better, I said that I was going to do a few things before going to the house."

"Few things?" he says with a playful shine in his eyes.

I giggle at this and kiss his lips. "Something like that..."

He gently pulls away and leads his hand on my small bump. His smile turns tender as he looks at it. "Have you eaten?"

"I did. A little bit. I'm not that hungry right now."

Luke nods and starts to softly rub my belly. My heart flies at this new feeling and I put my hand on his. It's funny that his hand still covers most of this belly. But I notice those dark eyes turn distant and I know that his mother must be on his mind.

"You haven't told your mother..."

Luke sighs and shakes his head. "Whenever I'm ready I just...drop my phone again. I reject her calls and I ignore Charity's texts saying that she's looking for me."

"Yeah. Your sister is in a real pickle right now." The mention of a pickle suddenly makes my mouth water and chocolate comes together. My stomach does a small rumble and I giggle at Luke's surprise. "Do you have any pickles?"

"Pickles?!"

"And chocolate?"

"Pickles and chocolate?!" Luke cackles at this and says, "Oh no. The crazy cravings are starting!"

I playfully hit his chest. "Just get me my pickles!"

"Yes sir!"

He stands up and marches out. My heart dancing with joy at this boy that has flipped my life upside down. My stomach does a small rumble, and I put a hand on the top of my small bump and another towards the bottom. Tenderness envelops my heart at this small bump and I wish I can look into those eyes. I wish I can hold it. Tell it the craziest story of how Luke and I met. How a quiet mechanic stole the heart of a young girl who's life was like a photograph. Now this baby has put on different lens on my camera...

Luke comes back with a bowl of pickles, the jar of Nutella, and a spoon. I do a teasing giggle and sit up. "Come here, pickle carrier."

"I'm sorry, miss?" He lays my snack by my side and playfully bows. "Your order, beautiful."

My mouth waters at the chocolate and that's the first thing I taste with the spoon. I close my eyes in satisfaction and start spreading it on a pickle.

Luke gently sits on the edge of the bed in front of me and smiles. He gives my crossed legs a loving touch and then goes back to his thoughtful expression.

As he puts his elbows on his knees, I run a hand on those broad shoulders and softly say, "Baby. If I brought you here it's for a break. Not to worry more."

Luke sits up straight and turns a little to look at me. That determined shine comes back to his eyes as he says, "You're right. Thanksgiving Day. Charity told me that I'm invited to their dinner so I'll tell her on that day."

"That's in three days. Are you sure she could wait that long?"

"Serves her right to wait. I've waited all my life for her to fight for me and I'm still waiting. It's the least she can do after—" I put my bowl to the side and gently wrap my arms around his waist. I lay a soft kiss on his shoulder that makes him breathe and calm down. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to—"

"It's okay. I understand. But if there's something you should remember whenever you feel alone is that I hold your heart. That's how I got better. This baby reminded me that I have you and no can take that away from me..."

Luke turns a little and smiles at my words. His hand slowly goes to my belly and to my waist. His eyes look down at our little one popping out for us to see and says, "You're right. Why ask for a family when I have you two...."

My eyes grow wide at this. It's the first time he's ever called us his family. His cheeks blush but his eyes reflect his dancing heart. I bring him closer and give him a deep kiss.

"Wait," he says as he pulls away. "Your pickles."

"Who cares. You're better..."

Luke smirks at this and we lay on the bed together until our hearts take each other's pieces. We mend it and put it together until we create a beautiful photograph.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

173K 6.7K 29
I was a stupid... thinking he loves me... never he did and never he will do it... i thought his friendship, his care, his talks as love... i was stup...
190 38 10
Growing up never looked so easy . Best friends Eli and Wren have a connection like two half's of a soul. A platonic soul. That is until growing up s...
Smile Par Noémie

Roman pour Adolescents

437 31 23
Once upon a time... That's how all the fairytales begin, right? There's a girl who's mistreated and misunderstood. She meets a guy--probably the most...
206K 8.7K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...