Career Choice || Hachiman x...

By ShitsAndOrGiggles

It is near graduation for Hachiman Hikigaya, Yukino Yukinoshita, and Yui Yuigahama. As they become young adul... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 29

2.9K 83 45
By ShitsAndOrGiggles

"So how is law school going for you? Do you need any help?"

Yukinoshita had gone back to university to take her classes, and she seems to really be struggling right now.

Was it a dumb move to try to act smarter than a college student?

"As if your brain can rival mine. Listen, just bring me a glass of water or something. And then you can go back to sleep."

Yes, it was a dumb move. Now she's probably annoyed by me.

"Is it really worth being a lawyer to go through all this stress."

I asked, grabbing a glass cup and filling it with water.

"To get paid more than you? It sure is."

Ouch.

Once again she goes for my personal stuff.

"I get paid by what happens to me. If I'm sent to capture or kill someone, I get paid a lot."

She seemed really interested by what I just said. Didn't I told her this since day 1?

"If it doesn't affect you that much. Have you ever been in a secret mission or something like that? American action movies are always about secret stuff and hiding the public from classified information."

"I don't like to call it a secret mission, no one likes to call it like that. It's called an operation. Yes, some may be secret, and some may be published into the public."

"Like the people who killed Osama?"

"You mean the Navy Seals? I don't know much about them. All I know is that they're stronger, better, and more smarter than me. Not even I would go through such training."

She showed a huge smile.

Don't let that smile fool you guys.

That smile is when she is about to tease me, hurting my ego as a man and a soldier.

"You mean you're just afraid? Maybe I should look for more stronger and better men. Grab my phone and download Tinder for me."

"I'm not afraid. Their training just screams 'quit now or die trying'. Some people died during their training course. I'm not risking my life just to overtrain my body. And besides, I'm the only man that is able to tolerate you."

"And I'm the only woman that you're gonna get."

Once again, she counters my counter. I have to come up with a way to counter her counter that counters my counter.

"There's always Yui-"

My mouth stopped mid sentence.

"That's not funny, Hikigaya-kun. You shouldn't take advantage of people's feelings. Especially one of my only close friends, and that close friend of mine is also your close friend."

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry. I'm gonna go outside."

"Stay."

"What?"

I turn back to see her puppy eyes again, pleading me to stay. They're too cute. I must resist. I've gone through rougher training before.

Looking at my girlfriend's puppy eyes is nothing compared to being hungry, tired, and out of ammunition. And also the feeling of knowing you're going to die.

"You want me to leave and then to stay with you. Make up your mind or else I'm just gonna leave the apartment for some fresh air."

It's driving me nuts how women change moods faster than men.

"I mean.. I wouldn't mind the presence of my boyfriend. I would also like if he massages my shoulder. Maybe I'll reward him."

It's been a few weeks since we started dating.

Now it is time to put my resistance shield to the test.

"I'm not gonna be blackmailed by someone like you. You may have fooled me previously but you can't fool someone like me twice."

"If that is fine with you, you can leave. I'll just call one of my other boyfriends that are more stronger and smarter than you to massage me, and then I'll give them an award."

Now she was playing with my mind. Something I haven't had a resistance shield towards because of poor technology, or maybe poor mind.

"Prove it. Prove that there is another man that can tolerate you."

This is my last shot.

If all this fails, the future will become a bad one.

"You're lucky he is busy right now."

It seems I have finally won what took ages for mankind to achieve. Be able to win an argument with their girlfriend.

Ding!

Her phone played a notification sound.

"Nevermind."

I quickly run towards her phone faster before she could even have the thought of grabbing it.

I unlocked her password and quickly pressed the green button.

"Who the fuck is this? Don't call my girlfriend again or else I'll track you down with only a binocular and a map!"  

I shout at the caller, waiting for his response.

"H-Hikki.. did I do something wrong?"

The next second, I hear Yukinoshita laughing as hard as she could. This was the most I've seen her laugh, and the most I've ever been humiliated and embarrassed.

"I.. I cannot believe that actually worked! This is way better than making actual progress with my homework, it might've even boosted it up more. Look at how serious you looked! Hahaha!"

I was mixed with bundles of emotion. Anger, relief, frustration.

"Sorry, Yuigahama. It seems your close friend decided to prank me about how she has multiple men on her phone."

Never gonna talk to this girlfriend of mine for the whole day.

"I was just kidding, Hikigaya-kun. It's just a harmless prank."

I chose to ignore her. If I were to say something in a state of anger, I think I would escalate the situation into an even worse one.

"Hello, Yui. It seems my harmless prank has gotten the scary aquaman into a state of anger. And yes, I would like to meet up at the park after I'm done with my homework."

She was leaving?

Good.

Gives me more time to cool off.

"And I am done with my homework for today. I'll see you tonight, Hikigaya-kun. Don't worry, I won't be introducing myself to other men, if that is what you're worried about."

She had a small giggle before locking the door, exiting out of the apartment.

This woman...

Where did she learn how to play with my mind? Maybe she has been secretly taking notes from Haruno. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was Haruno who taught her. She's an expert on controlling men. And if Yukinoshita has that power, I fear for mankind and pray they also don't fall for her.

Wait a minute.. Haven't I already fallen in love with her?

What if I really am one of her boyfriends.

Nah, that can't be right. Unless I'm one of them that is bound to live a successful life. Then again, she does have a wealthy family so it can't be for money.

Maybe she's gonna choose the best out of all of her boyfriends.

This is DEFCON-3.

We are going to have to complete a top secret mission with classified information.

Operation Ice Queen is ready to be launched in T minus 5 minutes.

I hurriedly walked towards our room, into our closet and grabbed some stuff.

Let me list the stuff I had grabbed to turn Operation Ice Queen into a success.

A ghillie suit to cover my entire presence. Now I've got to paint my face green and dark green so nobody with better eyes can actually notice me.

Smell is a problem.

What is there to spray myself on.

Only her perfume... Maybe I'll use a different perfume to prank on her that I was with another woman someday. But right now isn't the time.

It's a good thing I bought a bug spray when me and Yukinoshita went to go camping at the hills. She had a phobia of bugs. Maybe she got back at me because I threw a cockroach at her. In that case, I guess I deserve it. But that prank of hers nearly cost our relationship.

My prank only caused some temporary resentment. And a few nights sleeping on the couch.

I wore the greenest clothes I could find inside my dresser. She said they were going to park. Most likely Chiba Park. That thing is all plains and then a huge forest. I'll use my disguise inside the forest.

...

I was ready to initiate Operation Ice Queen.

I grabbed my paintball gun with me.

Yes, a paintball gun with me. I want to buy some things I like to buy, okay? I don't want to hear your opinion.

It shoots red paint, reminding me of blood. I like to think as if I had actually killed the target or make it more real life. Call me weird but I have different taste.

Okay I need check some things on the list.

A paintball gun with a zooming in scope. Check.

A ghillie suit. Check.

Green paint all over my face and green clothes on me. Check.

Bug spray all over my scent. Check.

In case any dogs decide to blow my cover.

Binoculars. Check.

I got out of my car, that was parked in the parking lot of Chiba Park. I saw Yukinoshita's car which I can confirm she is in the vicinity of Chiba Park.

Now it's time to set up where I'm gonna stay for a few hours.

I'm not really a sniper, but I've taken some notes about it. And the only thing I can do is stay still for hours, and shoot. I don't know how to camouflage well so I just thought up the most cliche ones.

The only smartest one is bringing a ghillie suit.

I simply use my binoculars to confirm Yukinoshita's identity and whereabouts. I want to make sure she is here or else all of this would be a waste of time. I don't have any drones to confirm it so I gotta do it by myself.

"There she is."

She was walking down the park sidewalk, with Yuigahama. They seem to be having a delightful time talking to each other, as expected of close friends.

I put on the ghillie suit, getting a few weird stares from other people inside their cars, parking on the parking lot just to waste time.

Laugh at me, think of me as a weirdo if you will. At least I'm doing what is necessary to think I'm not being cheated on.

Betrayal, is the one thing I cannot forgive or forget.

Why do you think I went nuts over Komachi's ex slave a few weeks ago?

I remember having a one guy who went rogue for no absolute reason. 3 marines got killed because they tried to rescue him. Days later, the Taliban releases him, giving him kisses.

If I ever saw that rouge soldier ever again, I would beat the shit out of him for getting his brothers killed for no reason.

But now is not the time to be talking about military stuff, because we are about to do some military stuff.

I confirmed once again that Yukinoshita and Yuigahama were walking on those park sidewalks. Now they seem to have been sitting on the bench for a while.

Could they be waiting for someone? Or maybe they want to take a rest from walking. Then again, they've only walked for 5 minutes so I find it hard to believe she lacks that much stamina as an adult.

I set up my camp at where I'm gonna stay.

I crouch behind a tree that is inside a large forest of trees. The only thing that could see me now is a thermal scope or an even better sniper.

I look through my scope on my paintball gun to spy an their behavior, their lips to see what they are saying, and their body language.

If they are looking at each other only, they most likely aren't waiting for anyone. But if they look around their surroundings a few times, they are definitely looking for someone to arrive.

Body language is a key factor of being a soldier. Your mistake could lead you to jail or even prison.

...

They seem to be engaging in many conversations. They haven't looked around their surroundings at all.

Sniff! Sniff!

Shoo, dog!

I'm trying to stalk my girlfriend.

Wow.. that came out wrong. Good thing it didn't come out of my mouth. Or else everyone on Twitter would be outraged by that.

A few seconds after the dog had sniffed me a couple times, I suddenly felt something warm on my leg, and it was getting wet. My ghillie suit was getting wet and warmer.

I'm literally being pissed on by a dog. I'll get you back later. Where is your owner?

"Eww.. Riley, did you pee on that bush? I don't like it when you ruin nature's beauty and nature's natural smell. Let me spray some perfume on it so people don't have to smell that."

Well at least the owner has aided me quite a bit. I don't want to smell piss for a couple of hours, and especially once I get back to our apartment.

I hear the sound of a person spraying perfume on my leg.

Turns out, he or she sprayed all over my body. I guess I didn't mind smelling this scent, better than urine.

I feel like I'm forgetting something.. whatever.

Time to watch what she is doing right now.

There are 2 other men...

[ Yukino's POV ]

"I'm deeply sorry if the phone call had scared you. Hikigaya-kun doesn't like my sort of pranks therefore he probably acted on his own."

And I do not regret the results of the prank. It was the first time in a while he had used swear words on a person or something. But I know when he is at his limits. I think it's best if I should leave him be for a few hours.

"It's no problem! Really! I think it goes to show how much he cares and loves you. He's willing to protect you if someone harms you or threatens to ruin your life."

I was instantly given flashbacks about the time he saved both me and Yui's life. He was indeed risking his life for me. But for some reason, it isn't because he was in love with me at the time.

I felt like he was doing it because he was a soldier, just doing his job. But he still saved my life and I owe him. What do I owe him?

"Hello, beautiful girls!"

There was a masculine voice that was talking to us.

2 men just the same age as us politely greeted us.

"H-Hello!"

Yui awkwardly wave, like anyone would do when a stranger comes by.

"Good evening."

"We were wondering if you 2 girls would come and join us to a party. It's gonna be really fun and we'll pay for everything."

I see that these 2 men were trying to bait us and lure us into a trap.

Cases like these actually occurs.

The women is manipulated, the men drug her and commit many evil acts and nobody knows a single clue about it.

Me and Yui were already aware of the situation. A quick glance at each other was enough for us to put some teamwork into this.

"N-No, we're good. We have a couple of friends coming by."

Yui initiated the first counter.

"Are they girls or guys?"

They asked.

"You don't need to know any of that. Our friends are arriving and that is all you need to know. We don't want to join you guys and that is final."

Knowing Yui was going to mess up by answering their question, I had to interrupt and step in to lay the final blow.

"We just want to know, is that alright? Come on, you girls need some fun in your life. You both look extremely exhausted."

We only walked for only 5 minutes, at a slow talking pace.

They were probably watching us by the distance.

And for some reason, I felt someone watching us by the forest. Must be paranoia.

"We are not exhausted. Please leave, or else we'll be calling the police."

This was our last ditch effort. Otherwise I'm forced to use the karate lessons I was taught to defend me and Yui from these disgusting men.

"Tch. But the police can only arrive so late..."

Their hands start reaching towards us.

Splat!

A noise made by a liquid making contact with something solid interrupted his attempt at kidnapping us.

"Ow! What the fuck?"

We looked at the man's face who was covered in red paint.

"What was that? Is that your blood?"

"No it wasn't, it was paint-"

Splat! Splat!

2 more sounds of red paint making contact with the 2 men.

"All those shots went towards my head! What the hell?"

This was our chance to flee. I quickly grabbed Yui's hands and escorted ourselves out of the scene.

Not before hearing their last sentences towards us or someone.

"What the hell? There's a red paint near my heart! Someone is shooting us! They're aiming at our heads and hearts!"

They eventually flee from the area.

Someone saved me and Yui from dropping those 2 men. Well.. saved those 2 men from being laid to the ground by me. I never actually tried my karate lessons in real life but I know for sure I'll be able to surprise them.

It's scientifically proven that men are physically stronger than women. But women who choose to train their bodies can overpower men who choose to not train those bodies. And judging from the appearance of those 2 men, they didn't care a single thing about working out. But they weren't exactly obese. Just skinny.

After a few minutes of making sure the 2 men weren't there anymore. We finally settle in and were now at a comfortable walking pace.

"That was close."

"Indeed."

This was our first time encountering something like this. But as close friends who are 2 extremely beautiful females, we decided to not become one of those dumb ones and actually devise a plan when something like that happened again.

But why weren't we scared? Usually we would be scared for our lives right now.

And then I was reminded once again how me and Yui ran through bullets. We had faced the hands of death before and now we weren't completely scared of it.

It also reminds me that people like Hikigaya-kun go through this everyday.

Woof! Woof!

A German Shepherd rudely invites himself into our conversation.

I am one who is scared of dogs, so I was instantly startled by them. And Yui was the complete opposite of my reaction. She embraced the dog.

"Sorry about that. My dog likes to run up to people because he's so excited he gets to walk in the park."

"It's fine! I really like dogs! Who is a good boy?"

The... scary creature was barking more and more and it was getting louder and louder.

"Riley, why are you barking at the forest?"

Strange.. I thought it was barking because it was overjoyed by Yui.

The dog had gone from barking with happiness, to a low growl. His eyes looking at the forest. I could see the teeth of the dog begin to show.

Usually when a dog growls at something, it's either a threat to their owners or to themselves.

But there was nothing at the forest to begin with.

"Sorry to scare you guys. C'mon, Riley."

A second later the dog whimpered and cowered in fear and ran away to the owner's car before the owner could actually get there.

"Aww.. that dog must've been scared of something in the forest. Okay, I think I should leave now. After all that happened. I really want to thank the guy who saved us back there."

"Indeed. But I'm sure the person who saved us some time will go to jail after what he had just done. Unless we are the key witnesses of his trial."

My lawyer instincts were kicking in.

"Goodbye, Yukinon! We can talk later on the phone!"

"Have a good day, Yui."

[ Hachiman's POV ]

After successfully driving those 2 men away from the girls, I was left the the results of the operation.

Yukinoshita is not cheating on me.

And I probably saved those 2 men from being humiliated by getting beaten up by a smaller and fragile woman.

I made sure to give them a painful goodbye by shooting them where their heart was located and at their head. Don't worry, that is why we humans have bones and a skull for a reason.

Though they wouldn't be able to protect us from bullets.

Then I was able to get the dog back for pissing at me. I only needed to make a few noises that the human ears could not hear and the dog was immediately frightened.

It's not animal cruelty, at least I didn't shoot the dog with my paintball gun.

...

"Where did you go? I thought you would still be at the apartment because you're angry at me."

I arrived after Yukinoshita because I had to clean up my face paint, and throw away the ghillie suit after the dog pissed on it.

"Just to take some fresh air. I'm in a good mood."

"Oh. What did you so exactly that made you go into a good mood? Relieving yourself?"

Never thought I would hear those kinds of words coming out of her mouth.

Wait just a second..

"For the record, I'm not cheating on you. What about you? Where did you go when you left the apartment? Were you cheating on me?"

"Perhaps."

That's a lie.

I saved her ass.

Now I know when she is lying or not. When she puts on that type of smile, and how she looks at me.

"I miss you."

Her arms wrapped around my chest without my consent. I mean, I guess I'm fine whenever she does this.

Moments later I could hear and feel her smelling my scent.

"Is that... perfume?"

Another huge flashback comes into my thought process.

"Eww.. Riley, did you pee on that bush? I don't like it when you ruin nature's beauty and nature's natural smell. Let me spray some perfume on it so people don't have to smell that."

"N-No, just some cologne."

Work.. please..

"I'm a woman, Hikigaya-kun. And I know that it is a woman's perfume that I'm smelling."

She was glaring at me with the intent to destroy my life, my career, my ego, everything.... God knows what would happen to me in these precious few seconds of my life.

What happened to me?

Let's just say...

I had to sleep on the couch for 3 days.

Until she finally was happy and said, "I find it hard to believe you were with another woman because I'm the only one you're ever gonna get."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4.5K 25
"there are times I really need somebody too" in which the strongest seeks solace in the arms of a fellow special grade. warning: major manga spoilers...
29.4K 674 30
A quiet, stoic girl and a quiet, shy boy meet, what will happen? --------------------------------------- (Y/N) (L/N) was never really that popular in...
335K 7.2K 55
You attend U.A. high school and start to make some friends, you thought everyone was nice until you met this one boy. He was hot tempered with a low...
447K 29.6K 69
❝𝗬𝗒𝗨 π—ͺπ—œπ—Ÿπ—Ÿ π—•π—˜ 𝗠𝗬 𝗧𝗒𝗣 𝗣π—₯π—œπ—’π—₯π—œπ—§π—¬ 𝗔𝗑𝗗 π—œ π—ͺπ—œπ—Ÿπ—Ÿ π—•π—˜ 𝗬𝗒𝗨π—₯π—¦βž [First Name] leaped through time and after being given a chanc...