His Blueberry Eyes

By gaykaito

Pronouns: she/they Y/n L/n and Hinata Shoyo are cousins by marriage, when they decide to head for Karasuno t... More

A/N
1

prologue

58 3 1
By gaykaito

"Shoyo, (N/n) WAIT UP!" (Y/N) heard Izumi calling for Hinata and her, to let them know to slow down. But they were too distracted from running, wow it's been a while. They walked into the gym, and Hinata was immediately starstruck and sniffed the air, "It smells like Axe!" he yelled out.

(Y/N) closed their eyes to hear the familiar sounds in the gym. "Izumi, Koji," She heard and opened her eyes to see Hinata turned to their temporary teammates, "Thanks for being here for moral support!"

"Stop it"
"Well, our tournaments finished early so..."

Both Koji and Izumi were blushing from embarrassment. Picture worthy, (Y/N) snapped a quick photo. Hinata walked to the first years thanking them as well, though they were a bit nervous, they needed all the members they could get. "Um, Captain we should get started," one of the first years spoke. 

"Yea c'mon let's go warm-up!" Koji gave (Y/N) a look, "We still don't know the rules," The (h/c) haired girl patted his back and told him he was right, before being cut off by a group of dark figures creeping up behind them.

"Shoyo, move" (Y/N) called out, Koji and Izumi dragged Hinata to their side, the opponents passing them, heading going to the court. Tall but not as tall as my dad, man is 6'0. (Y/N) thought.

Other teams started to whisper about The King of the Court, wondering why, (Y/N) remembered the girls' team of Kitagawa being good, but just overhearing about the boys. She turned around, They're nervous, of course.

"Okay, I can understand why you're nervous, but you guys got this alright?" (Y/N) had been told they were good at dealing with nervous people, and it was true...in other situations. But the team turned to count on Hinata. And he doesn't do well with- "Bathroom." Oh no.

-------

"Good grief, he's been in the bathroom for way too long and the match is about to start-"

"Calm down (N/n), you know how he is when he's nervous." Izumi spoke in a calm voice, and whenever he talked in that voice, (Y/N) became a simp.

"Maybe we should go check on him?"
"Yea you're right, let's go." 

(Y/N) left Koji in charge, which now seemed like a mistake, but she was getting worried.

The two saw Shoyo talking to Kitagawa's setter, (Y/N) asked Izumi to get him, but Izumi insisted that she go. 

Scaredy cat.

"Fine, I'll go hel-"

"I came here to win, nothing else."

The so-called King of the Court spoke like a dictator being treated as a commoner, the name sticking to his tone. (Y/N) sighed, whispering under her breath, "Shoyo, you're gonna get yourself beat up." Izumi heard her because the next thing they knew, they were pushed into the almost empty hallway. Turning her head, he made hand movements signaling her to help Hinata.

"Oi"

Motherfucker.

"Yes?", (Y/N) walked towards Hinata and tried to drag him back, "I'm not done." (Y/N) stopped in her tracks, turning back around, and stood in front of him, "Alright then, speak."

"The first match, second, playoffs, and nationals, I'm going to win them all." She scoffed at his words.

"Cocky bastard, just because you have a nickname with King in it, doesn't mean you have to act like one and your fucking win isn't set in shitty stone!" They pushed past him, then dragged Hinata and Izumi back to the court.

----------

Hinata jumped to spike, the King had an appalled look on his face because of the unknown middle school's captain being just above the net. (Y/N) took notes on the first years to figure out their mistakes and how to fix them during practice, but when she looked back up, Hinata's attempt was blocked.

Koji and Izumi reassured Hinata that it was fine, but he was aggravated.

"Hey Sensei?"
"Yes (L/N)?"

"Do you know how the girls are doing?" It'd been a while since (Y/No) last talked to their old teammates; she missed playing with them.

"They're doing okay but ever since you left, I've heard that they've been down. Maybe you should go visit and cheer them on in their next game this week."
(Y/N) smiled at the thought, "That sounds like a great idea, I can't wait."

The two looked back at the score.
07-23.

Hinata had tumbled and hit his back on the wall.
"SHOYO!"
(Y/N) ran to him and checked his physical state, of course he said he was fine, he was always 'fine' when he was injured, but they swear he has at least three unchecked concussions.

"We don't want our captain getting injured on us now," Izumi said. One of the first years spoke, "We're out of their league anyways, so why must you go to such lengths?" Hinata stood up and (Y/N) swore the atmosphere changed completely when he spoke. "I don't know what you mean, we haven't lost yet."

No way did they actually- "YOU DID IT!" They finally scored a point spiking.

--------

They've been doing good ever since that last spike, unfortunately, (Y/N) spoke too soon.

No, it's out? BUT THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD SPIKE WHAT THE FUCK?!

Hinata's attempted spike was out.
Ending the game.

Kitagawa had won both sets. 

(Y/N) squeezed Hinata's shoulder, letting him know it was time to go. But the one thing they didn't know was that three high schoolers were watching their match.

The group all walked out wondering what to eat for dinner when Hinata suddenly bolted down the stairs, (Y/N) looked in that direction and saw the King standing there. Hinata and him had spoken about something, but the other three were too far away to hear.

After the King left, the three of them ran down the stairs. Hinata bowed to Koji and Izumi thanking them for their help.
"Hey Koji, why ya crying~" (Y/N) teased, "NO I'M NOT!" He yelled while trying to grab them, she ran with him chasing her.

(Y/N0 had to buy our dinner that evening.

For the few months left of their third year of junior high, the volleyball club practiced with the girls which was great since (Y/N) got to play with old friends again.

Men's Volleyball Prefectural Tournament, Kitagawa Daiichi Bitterly Defeated

Huh...wonder how the King feels.

Soon graduation had come and go from then on, (Y/N) would be staying at her Aunt Tadano's house.

---------

Hinata ran to the gym while (Y/N) trailed behind to see all the other clubs just in case they didn't get accepted as Assistant Manager. They overheard a conversation and being the little chismosa they were, she barged in.

"Sorry for intruding, but I know what it feels like so don't worry about it. It's as he said, it'll grow!" All eyes were on her.
Wow she's hot.
A silver haired boy patted (Y/N)'s back and thanked her for supporting his statement, "It's nothing, also very sorry for the intrusion once again." They bowed their head and walked away.

"What's your name?" The same boy called out.

"I'm Y/N L/N, First Year, and you?"

"Sugawara Koushi, Third Year."

The group of four waved goodbye to (Y/N), her returning the favor.

When (Y/N) reached the gym, they saw Shoyo standing in the doorway, pointing at something. She walked closer and Hinata yelled out-

"KING KAGEYAMA?!"

----------

Welcome to His Blueberry Eyes!
Thank you for reading and I hope to see you next time!

A/N: it's 2.15.23 and my eyes hurt lol, why didn't I put it in 3rd POV in the first place? I have no idea. Now I need to work on my presentation for US/VA Gov, peace out bros

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 49.2K 71
๐…๐‘๐Ž๐™๐„๐ | โYe a cute little thin', aren't ya? I think ye will be mine now...โž โ†โ…โ„โ†โ… ส™แดส€ษด แดา“ แด„แดสŸแด… แด€ษดแด… แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ แด€ษชส€ แด€ษดแด… แดแดแดœษดแด›แด€ษชษด ส€แด€ษชษด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดษชษดษข...
185K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.9M 85.4K 192
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
400K 24.2K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...