Psychotic

By Jazzifu

"Psychos can't fall in love" "Then you obviously havent met me" More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 29
epilogue

Chapter 28

3.5K 115 15
By Jazzifu

I threw my stuff down in the entryway of my still-new home. Katherine closed the door behind her and walked straight into the office room, which I learned was just a room with a desk, computer, files, stuff like that. She told me she only gets online to check on her family and to answer emails. 

I went to my room and sat down in my bed. All of this still felt very surreal to me; the fact I had a new life in a new home. It was a bit comforting none the less.

"Erika, what do you want for dinner?" I heard Katherine called from the other room. 

"Whatever you want!" I responded, scooting back against the headboard and hugging one of my pillows. I honestly just want to fast forward a few days until I can see Kage again.

I used to love sleeping alone; having the whole bed to myself and not fighting over who gets more blankets, but it has become very lonely now. Cold and lonely.

I laid down on my side, still hugging the pillow while desperately wishing it would be Kage instead...

~

When I opened my eyes, my room was completely dark. Seems like I fell asleep again, still in my jeans but with a blanket thrown over me. That's something Katherine does... she says it's a maternal thing but my mother never did anything sweet like that. 

I looked over and saw the cat, Luna, staring blankly at the light shining through the crack of my door. I couldn't see anything but I saw shadows move across. assuming it was Katherine, I decided to just go back to sleep.

~

When the light flooded into my room, I knew it was time for me to get up. I opened my eyes and saw that my door was cracked open and Luna wasn't in my bed.

Standing up, I gently brushed my fingers through my hair to get rid of a few tangles and went straight to the kitchen for some water. As I stepped through the house, I rubbed my eyes to try and adjust to all the sunlight in the house. Katherine liked it that way; saying it felt cheerful.

"Good morning, snow bear," I heard his voice from across the kitchen, making my heart skip a beat. I took my hands from my eyes and sure enough, I see Kage sitting at the table, drinking coffee with Katherine. I stood in shock, wondering what he was doing here for what felt like forever until Katherine spoke up. 

"You don't have much time before you two need to get going so please, sit down," she said with a concerned tone. I nodded and pulled up a chair at the end of the table.

"Get going? What is going on?" I asked, feeling Kage grab my hand under the table and gently rub his thumb over the back of my hand.

"You and Kage are... meant to be together. I knew that the day you checked in. Nobody has ever gotten to him like you have. No one has given him a chance like you have. Erika, as someone who has been in love before, don't lose him. I have everything set up and I want you two to be out of here by this afternoon," Katherine explained, pouring me a glass of orange juice and handing it to me. Kage sighed and looked at the table.

"Last night... Ms.Miller got an emergency call about me. I got a little violent because they didn't want you to come see me anymore. Long story short, she got me out of there when nobody was looking so now your eyes are now fixed upon an escaped mental patient," he said, only it didn't help but rather make me want to ask more questions. 

"So when they realize you're gone, they come to look for you and arrest us all?" 

"I cleaned up my mess, it'll be a day or so before they realize he's actually missing. That's why you two need to go by tonight," Katherine said, patting me on the shoulder and walking out of the room.

Everything was starting to all settle in.

"Oh my god. Oh... my god, Kage this is insane!" I said, looking back at him. Now that I'm actually looking at him, I notice he's got a busted lip and a black eye, "What happened?"

"Oh it's nothing... guards just got a little excited i guess," he said, trying to make me laugh. I grabbed his hand and flipped it over to show his knuckles were bruised with small amounts of dried blood on them.

"The whole story," Kage looked down at his hand.

"I walked in on something I shouldn't have seen and did something you told me not to."

"Kage, who did you kill?" I said, completely serious. He smirked and gently shook his head.

-Flashback-

Kage's p.o.v.

It was starting to get dark and the ward was going into its lockdown like every night. I walked through the halls leading to my room but I couldn't help from overhearing what was coming from Brandon's. It sounded like things were being thrown and slammed against the walls?

I let my curiosity get the better of me and opened the door, making sure no one was in the hallway.

I peeked inside and saw that Brandon was making out with one of the new nurses that had started working here just a few days ago. He caught sight of me and threw the poor girl on the ground.

"Hey! You startled me," He chuckled like he was glad I walked in, "You'll have to excuse Amy. She really just... gets the job done, y'know?" Brandon nudged the nurse with his foot so she would get up and she sighed in return. She ran past me, zipping up her uniform, while I stared at him in shock.

"Dude, this isn't a good idea. I know we aren't cool anymore but trust me," I said, shoving my hands into my pockets.

"Trust you? She's a nineteen-year-old student, I think ill keep her. I mean she's a good fuck but by no means is she Erika," He said while shooting me with his sadistic smile.

"Just shut the hell up," I mumbled. He reached behind me and closed the door, all while not breaking eye contact.

"Cmon, give a guy a break. It's like every guy's dream to have that tiny girl pinned down... begging," he whispered. 

Every time I encounter this dude he always finds some way to say something so disgusting and immoral that I want to throw up.

"You know... you're right when you say I like to get under your skin. I always have... that's why I screwed Erika just to see if she would scream my name instead of yours..."

"What the hell are you talking about?! You perverted freak!"

"By the way, she's such a nice kisser. That mouth must have practice if you know what I'm saying," he said, giving me a wink. I took a deep breath and looked away, reaching for the door.

"We're done here." 

"I know you want to hit me. She really got to you, huh? You won't hit me because she told you not to but that's really because she doesn't want to see you hurt the man who made her scream so loud the alarm went off while you were in solitary..." he was trying to make me snap and he wasn't going to let up until I gave him a reaction.

"Maybe I wasn't describing it well enough," he continued, getting closer, "You of all people should know how amazing it is to be hovering over such a beautiful creature. For all we know, I could be the father of that child," I clenched my fists tightly and stared at the floor to try and clear his words from my head.

"She isn't pregnant. You NEVER did that. You're so fucking delusional and you can't stand the fact that I'm finally happy," I looked up at him and shot daggers in his eyes, "The fact that you no longer have your sociopathic buddy to hang out with. You're not in love with Erika. You just hate her guts because she's the one that took me away from you. She keeps me in line and makes me think straight and you can't stand it." He frowned and snickered at me.

"you have it all figured out, don't you? I have to admit that this game isn't fun anymore. You're right, I fucking hate her. Not because she stole you away but because no one can see how psycho that bitch is! You tried to murder two people but she still wanted to be with you! I guess she's just a pathetic little bitch that likes being beaten behind closed doors!" He shouted. Those last words echoed throughout the room. 

That's it.

I snapped.

I punched him in the nose that sent him flying backward with blood pouring down his chin and neck. I only ever hit her once and I regret it every day.

"I made that mistake once... do you really think I'm stupid enough to make it again?" I said, towering over him,  the angriest I've been in a while, "You should love Erika. If it weren't for her, you'd be dead right now," I told him. The genuine fear in his eyes is something I haven't seen from him.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, okay? Please stop, I'll leave you and Erika alone," he spoke, his voice shaky and cracking. 

"No use in apologizing now, the damage is done. They catch me and I'm going in the Danger Ward," I reminded him that this was technically the final straw before they put me there.

When I heard the guards bust through the door, I put my hands up and stared down at Brandon. It wasn't enough that he gave up and basically begged me not to kill him. I wanted to see him dead.

The guards slammed me against the wall and put my hands behind my back. They cuffed me and pulled me into the good ol' interrogation room...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 5K 63
You will drown in the sweet sorrow of the passion.
20.9K 747 11
"𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫."
2.6K 112 44
Meeting my crush and falling in and out of love
14K 329 19
"Yᴏᴜᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍɪɴᴇs"