supernaturals [nct 127 x rea...

By universaja

More

[prolouge.]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]
[61]
[62]
[63]
[64]
[65]
[66]
[67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
[71]
[72]
[73]
[75]
[76]
[77]
[78]
[79]
[80]
[81]
[82]
[83]
[84]
[85]
[86]
[87]
[88]
[89]
[90]
[91]
[92]
[93]
[94]
[95]
[96]
[97]
[98]
[99]
[100]
[101]
[102]
[103]
[104]
[105]
[106]
[107]
[108]
[109]
[110]: The Last Chapter
Ncity Lobby

[74]

2.9K 159 103
By universaja

c h a p t e r - s e v e n t y f o u r

"I have control now." You claimed, even if your voice echoes on the outlines of your ear. You can still hear your own voice from another person's perspective. "But.. I.. still can't.. move."

"What do you mean?" Taeyong asked rapidly, approaching you in a safe distance.

You closed your eyes, trying to take fully control.

You are still not in your body completely, but it does not move without your permission. And that makes you in control now.

"W-What is she doing?" Lucas asked, his self duplication one by one disappearing.

"She's trying to focus," Jungwoo blinked his eyelids and never let his gaze flew off from you. "Give her more time."

"And?" Kun sighed raspily. "There are monsters and we are dying. You expect us-"

Their conversation was abruptly stopped when their whole attention jumped towards you. A sound of screeching monster in pain hurt their ears.

You were ahead, glowing as you float with your barefoot. Your blue hair was glowing from the very back and you were holding two monsters on both your hands, at the same time, squeezing their throats.

Your brows were frowning — there were emotions.

There was you.

But the difference is that you are mercilessly making sure that the creatures you would have feared of if you are with yourself will disappear.

No one could bring themselves in reality. No one could make their frozen limbs free.

No one dared to make a sound, each of them trying to be careful not to trigger what's unstoppable inside of you.

Some reasons because they will die in an instant, but some reasons because it will hurt you. Either way, the mutual reason they have is not because of any damaging effects of your new self.

It's simply because they are genuinely surprised to see another persona hiding deep within the fearless yet average human.

You were still not yet done on the two from your arm when another one leaped on your back, but you were quick to turn around and throw dodge it.

Soon after, you threw the two off your arms before looking at the other one you dodged blankly. You raised your palm and it started floating together with you in the air.

You smirked shortly before crumpling your palms, and the creature turned the same, like a sheet of paper.

Green blood drips on your wrist as you threw the creature off your way.

The guys wanted so bad to help, but even if they know they can bring themself to move, they still can't.

You had freeze them.

You closed your eyes and slowly got back on the ground, eyes all dark as you look around. You then spun to face the guys who's looking you with wide eyes, them definitely screaming for you to make them move; but you simply ignored them.

Of course, they are left with no choice but to let you do your thing. If they used their ability against you just for their own good, it will surely clash with each other. Just imagine how the most powerful naturals fought against a human who's ability are uncontrollable.

No thanks.

Besides, they know you won't harm them.

"Stay still," Your voice was the same, but the vibe was entirely different. You sounded so dark and merciless. "It'll end in a blink."

Living up with your words, you dipped your fingers on the monster's blood and stared on it. After you got the source, fire started to burn on it and it caused a series of screeching creatures, echoing loudly.

The lights flickered shortly until it was back. You flinched with the sudden brightness and the power that holds them to freeze seemed to disappear as they all managed to move freely.

Yuta wasted no time. His head was still spinning from the sudden motion but he still run to you first, catching you in a protective stance.

"Are you okay?" He asked, not hesitating to be this close to you because he know that it is you.

"Yuta, go-"

"Hell no." He turned serious.

"I'm afraid I will hurt you," You blankly spoke, eyes still void of any emotions. "I am in control, but it drains me to keep being in control."

"It's better to be in control than to keep pushing us away just to kesp us safe so you should fight it." Yuta gulped, pulling you on the nearest couch and holding you tightly. He held your cold cheeks and cupped it with his warm palms. "You can do it."

"And you did it." Doyoung's usual tone came back. His cheeks are still flushed red but compared to earlier, he is not that completely drunk. "You swept all the monster dogs!"

You blinked tiredly. "All?"

He smiled, his perfect teeth showing. "Yes, all! Everything! Without anyone's help."

To cut off and disagree with his statement, a squelching sound wrapped into Mark's palm.

There's still one alive.

"No worries," He goofily said, still with the alcohol. "I will handle it."

"Well, aside from Mark." Johnny mumbled adorably.

A series of ice spikes slowly came out from the monster's body, making everyone look away, grossed out.

Taeyong scratched the back of his head, looking at you with his every inch of attention. "Make her rest-"

"No, don't let me sleep." You insisted. "I think I'll not be able to grasp on my inner self once I let myself rest."

Johnny sat upright with a worried frown, "But-"

"No. I don't want." It surprised everyone a little to hear another side from you.

Your voice would have sound whiny and adorable. But now it sounds so firm, not even the most convincing person could change it.

"What do you want to do then?" Donghyuck managed to called out with his gentle voice.

You shrugged Yuta's hands off your cheeks and it made him pout slightly. "Bathroom."

"Bath..?" Yangyang trailed off after receiving a look from Ten to just be quiet.

"I want to wake myself up." You answered straightly.

Yuta nodded enthusiastically. "Sure. I will bring you there."

"Can you?" Ten asked immediately. The man was easily triggered by the question and Ten was also quick to read his thoughts. "I mean.. the alcohol."

"I can handle her." Yuta claimed, grabbing you by your wrist and refusing to look back or he will be really pissed.

Kun cleared his throat. "Uh, the bathroom is on the other way."

How supportive his brothers for snickering laughters.

Yuta simply ignored them and went at the bathroom, filling the tub with a warm water.

"Make it cold." You ordered.

He smirked shortly, having no plan to do it. "No thanks, Ma'am. Even if you are completely unrecognizable right now, you don't like cold bath."

"I said I want-" You came to a stop when he spun around and grabbed you on your waist, making you fall into his arms.

His eyes hazily looked at you and a playful smile decorated his face. He leaned close and licked his lips teasingly. "I said no."

However, your next move surprised the hell out of him.

You scoot closer to him and cupped his cheek, your thumb grazing his lips. "What are you doing? Teasing me?"

The Manipulator's heart increased rapidly.

Although his heart usually swells when you do something that amazes him, and his eyes twinkle everytime he sees you, the current moment caught him off guard.

Yuta jerked his head away to get rid of your hands. "Just go at the tub tho, let's finish this."

You grinned quietly, enjoying this kind of Yuta who's opposite of being confident and flirty towards you. "Alright."

You did not bother removing your clothes and just let yourself got wrapped into the warm water.

Perhaps Yuta really knows you well.

You changed your mind the moment you were in the tub. You realized you liked the warm water more.

He smiled proudly seeing you relax once you were laying down. His gaze flowed into your glowing blue hair that starts to be dim.

"Beautiful." He mumbled.

You looked up, your eyes slowly having more and more emotions as you succeed on bringing yourself back. "What?"

He shook his head, crossing his legs and sitting at the ground. "Nothing."

You were slowly dozing off the more minutes passing by because it makes you feel relaxed. Yuta humming an unusual song didn't helped at all.

Quickly, you forced yourself to sat upright and face him, scrunching your nose and opening a topic. "You reek of alcohol."

Yuta squinted his eyes, "Do I?"

"Why do you guys drink? And you didn't allowed me?" You mumbled with a scowl.

Yuta can't help but to grin. "Because you are not allowed."

"What kind of answer is that?" The high pitch voice and emotional eyes are slowly being seen, and you don't even know about it.

Yuta, on the other hand, likes to see you that way for some reasons. He witnesses how strong you are to be back with yourself.

He sighed and tilted his head at you. "You don't drink right? You are not allowed."

"I drink!" You quickly defended, even though if it was a lie.

His satisfied and peaceful face literally all swept away. "What do you mean?"

"I.. drink," Your urge to push the topic dissipated.

"What? You do?" His lips curved slightly and he looked at you, entirely serious and matured. "With who? When? Was it before you met us? Did you repeat it? Did you have a drinking time with the other guys out of my knowledge?"

"W-Well, you did not let me finish my sentence." You reasoned shortly, hoping it'll work.

He raised his brow shortly. "Huh?"

"I was going to say that I.. drink.. juice," You scratched your neck, obviously lying. "Not the thing you drank."

"Your bad at lying. And there's no use of dodging the topic." He scowled, splashing a water making you flinch. "There's nothing wrong with drinking. I was just asking so that I'll know what type of drink you like and how do you want to happen. It's not a crime to drink, I am just knowing you."

"Ahh," You scratched your brows in realization and relief. "You sound like a different person, thought you'll not like it."

"Why would I? It's your life, I'm in no place to be mad just because you drink." It's Yuta and his meaningful words again. "Speaking of a different person, I'm proud your back."

Like a rock hitting you in reality, you realized how you can easily gaze around you without having difficulties, how easy for you to talk to him, how easy to process you thoughts.

You're back in your body.

You felt tears foaming your eyes. You did it!

Before it falls and creates an unnecessary scene, you immediately shook your head and decided to change the whole topic. "I think the water is getting cold. I wanna get out of the tub."

Yuta eyed you before smirking, amused on how adorable that mere action from you entertains him. He stood up and washed his feet with the handshower beside. "I'll get your clothes."

"Thanks."

He closed the bathroom door and started thinking of questions and words to make you realize how much you've improved and how amazing you were from having control.

While on his way, he stopped midway to see his brothers all scurrying around.

"What's.. up?"

Jaehyun sighed, brushing his hair up. "How is she?"

"She's okay, yeah, and.. what's the fuss? Why is everyone looking for anything?" He raised his brow.

"Chenle and Jisung is missing," Jaehyun took a deep breath and buried his face in his palms.

Yuta was dumbfounded, he straightened his back and gulped. "H-How?"

"I don't fucking know," Jaehyun closed his eyes. "I have no idea why I fucking care with two humans but we have to find them. They have to be back."

Well, the reason he know is that it's because Jaehyun knows you'll not rest until the two humans around found. Jisung and Chenle also have some useful information about their kidnapper — which could be the big enemy.

But if he'll look in his heart closesly, he will realize that it's because he simply care.

His long dead emotions are still there, in his heart. It just needs a little warm touch, and you manage to make it flutter.

Therefore, Jaehyun is undeniably stressed because he freaking cares for the two adorable ones.

"Fuck," Yuta sharply said. "I'll just bring Y/N her clothes because she's probably freezing right now-"

"Hey," Jaehyun looked up, stressed, while he shake his head. "Don't tell her anything about it."

"Of course. But if she opens the topic about her favourite humans, then goodluck to us." Yuta scoffed, patting his brother in the shoulder and speeding up.

He hastily grabbed the most comfortable clothes and rushed in the bathroom, knocking as soon as he arrived.

"Y/N? I brought the clothes."

"Mm!" You hummed, opening it with enough space where clothes can fit as well as your open palms out, he could put the clothes over it.

After closing the door, an eternal silence stood between you and him with the door being a barricade.

Yuta impatiently tapped his foot. He's good, as long as the topic about your abilities does not come out-

"Hey, you wanna know how I overcame the monster inside me?" You playfully asked.

This made the man tightly shut his eyes.

After time passing by and Yuta was not replying, you sighed in defeat. "You seemed to not having plan on replying, but I'll tell you anyway."

He wanted to cut you off, but he can't. You sound so enthusiastic and he's not gonna break it.

"Soooo! It's all because of Chenle and Jisung!" You cheered, unlocking sound echoing. Yuta sighed, massaging his temple in stress. "You guys must have hate them but look how much they helped me."

Yuta lost his balance the second you opened the door. His mind was too occupied and he was panicking that he forgot he is leaning on the door.

Luckily, you managed to put your palm on his lower back.

And the next events surprised the both of you.

You have the strength. You can stop his whole weight from falling just by your palm.

You literally pushed him back in his standing position while you looked at him, surprised. "Did you see that?!"

"Y-Yeah, w-woah." Yuta gulped, his mind even more getting destroyed. "You were strong."

"Wooaaahhhh. This is lowkey freaking me out." You clicked your tounge, glancing on your palm and looking up at him. "That's cool."

"Yeah, you s-sure are." He pressed his lips into thin line. "Definitely."

You examined Yuta's tensed facial features for a moment before crossing your arms. "Is something going on?"

"Of course there's none."

"And I have this instincts where it strongly tells that you are lying. Why are you lying?" You furrowed your brows. Of course you have to make sure that your inner instincts and unusually strong sense is not fooling around.

Your trust issues are bad to the point that even your abilities are suspicious.

The thing is, it is indeed not fooling you around. Yuta is lying.

His shoulders dropped. Yuta looked like he lost the bet where he dropped his every treasure and now he is regretting it. He thought you can read lies and truths, so he have no choice but to tell the truth. "Let's.. go downstairs."

Your curiousity grew wilder. It's giving you freak outs almost the same amount as when someone tells you 'Let's talk' out of nowhere.

"Sure-"

"Where the hell is that dolphin and the chick?" Donghyuck's loud voice echoed, him appearing on the room and checking. "Why are they nowhere to be seen-

His eyes widened when he arrived on the place where you and Yuta are standing.

Your brows furrowed. "Did I hear it right? It's Jisung and Chenle you were referring?"

"O-Oh.." He forced a smile, slowly looking at Yuta who's giving him warning flash. Donghyuck turned around and run, yelling, "I'm sorry Yuta hyung, you can handle it!"

You threw your head to the man left with you and cocked your brow upwards. "What was that?"

"Well.. I.." He let out his breath slowly, almost like it was a sin. "I will kill you Haechan Lee."

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

Currently on the wide round table, everyone's voicing out their concerns, suggestions, and knowledge about what is happening.

"Where was the last time you saw them?" You asked loud, making sure Hendery from the other side can hear it — the tenth person you asked with that question today.

Yup. You are making sure that you know where was the two last seen by every people in this household since it can be a conclusion if ever they decided to run away because of the fear.

You just can't think they'd be kidnapped again.

Your advanced vision checked the whole place and there are no other people than the little creatures you all killed. Even Yangyang agrees he did not sense anyone that can kidnap the two humans.

I mean, the monster creatures can't even walk properly. Jisung and Chenle can hurt them back .

You were seated closely beside Jaehyun who's arms are wrapped over your shoulders since he thought you'll need a support. You confessed you are feeling weak, like usual, when your other self comes on your body.

Jaehyun did not mind. He was dying to be this close to you anyway.

"Before we watched movies, I saw them playing slimes." Hendery shrugged. "I was disgusted so I simply left."

You sighed. "Your answers are all not making sense."

"They could be taken away," Ten approached beside you and passed you a cup of liquid. "Drink up. It will help your weak feeling to boost. We drink it when we feel drained and overused."

You elbowed him softly. "Thanks."

"No prob." He just watched you sip some for a few seconds, amusement in his eyes.

Until Johnny snapped his fingers.

"You can stop staring at her like some sort of anything," The man scratched his ear. "Oh. And can we get hangover soups? Seems like the only person you want to give here some 'drink' is just Y/N."

"Get it yourself." Ten teased.

"Anyway," Kun called out once he noticed the topic is getting out of the world again. "What do we do now? Their traces are nowhere to be found."

"They could've left message to us.." Taeyong trailed off. "Wait. When that Jaemin guy visited the mansion, he must've left a message."

"Like?" You frowned.

"Like the necklace. It could mean something." Jungwoo added. "It could lead us to what place the villain is."

Everyone's head enlighten up. Lucas clapped his hands excitedly. "That is beyond possible!"

"So once we know where they are, we suddenly attack?" Xioajun facepalmed. "We don't even finalized with the plan. It's risky."

"Then we wait until it all gets settled," Taeil looked at you and smiled. "And maybe until her wings comes out."

"Nah, don't base it on my wings coming out." You muttered.

Everyone gave you a questioning look, in sync with Jaehyun squeezing your shoulders.

You looked up and shrugged. "Cause it means we will be attacking soon."

"What?" Sicheng sat straight in his chair.

"Cause I feel like my wings are coming out soon."

|     |     |     |     |

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
25.3M 762K 76
"You are mine!" He roars. "I will do whatever it takes to make you know that. Whether it means I lock you up in a prison and throw away the key." Foo...
12.3K 128 12
This is a story about forbidden love. This is the first book in the trilogy. Follow Katherine Conway and her twin brother on the adventure of going f...
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...