๐Ÿฅ€//Eternally Us//๐Ÿฅ€

By _anushree

"Eternally?" "For an eternity and even more." __________ Coincidences; are they merely occurring by chance? T... More

Introduction //๐Ÿฅ€
Job interview //๐Ÿฅ€
Birthday celebrations //๐Ÿฅ€
Lashing up in chains //๐Ÿฅ€
A game of flirting //๐Ÿฅ€
Advertisement filming //๐Ÿฅ€
Party preparations //๐Ÿฅ€
Her dilemma //๐Ÿฅ€
Announcement party //๐Ÿฅ€
Shopping //๐Ÿฅ€
Growing connections //๐Ÿฅ€
Surfacing emotions //๐Ÿฅ€
Engagement ceremony //๐Ÿฅ€
Falling again //๐Ÿฅ€
Drinking diaries //๐Ÿฅ€
Stuck with you //๐Ÿฅ€
Mehandi //๐Ÿฅ€
Surmise //๐Ÿฅ€
Pool party //๐Ÿฅ€
Wedding ceremony //๐Ÿฅ€
Business trip //๐Ÿฅ€
Planning surprises //๐Ÿฅ€
Reuniting //๐Ÿฅ€
Barbeque and chill //๐Ÿฅ€
Opera house //๐Ÿฅ€
Fallout //๐Ÿฅ€
Molesting //๐Ÿฅ€
Wounds //๐Ÿฅ€
Knowing his past //๐Ÿฅ€
Heartbreak //๐Ÿฅ€
Sufferings //๐Ÿฅ€
Remorse //๐Ÿฅ€
Unveiled //๐Ÿฅ€
Consequences //๐Ÿฅ€
Ruined //๐Ÿฅ€
Disclosing truth //๐Ÿฅ€
Dilemma //๐Ÿฅ€
Losing her calm //๐Ÿฅ€
Accident //๐Ÿฅ€
Weight of the ring //๐Ÿฅ€
First kiss //๐Ÿฅ€
Confessing his love //๐Ÿฅ€
Down the memory lane //๐Ÿฅ€
Love finds a way //๐Ÿฅ€
Proposal //๐Ÿฅ€
Seventh heaven //๐Ÿฅ€
Euphoria //๐Ÿฅ€
Marriage preparations //๐Ÿฅ€
Night stay //๐Ÿฅ€
Togetherness //๐Ÿฅ€
Serendipity //๐Ÿฅ€
Truth or dare //๐Ÿฅ€
New memories //๐Ÿฅ€
Their bonding //๐Ÿฅ€
Sangeet //๐Ÿฅ€
Beach party //๐Ÿฅ€
Breaking hearts //๐Ÿฅ€
Apologies //๐Ÿฅ€
Jealousy //๐Ÿฅ€
New year's //๐Ÿฅ€
Marriage //๐Ÿฅ€
Head over heels //๐Ÿฅ€
Meant to be //๐Ÿฅ€
Reliving moments //๐Ÿฅ€
Honeymoon //๐Ÿฅ€
Hand in hand //๐Ÿฅ€
Epilogue (Part I) //๐Ÿฅ€

First night //๐Ÿฅ€

1.2K 60 80
By _anushree

Anushree's viewpoint :

My breath hitched and heart started pounding again as Shubman picked up the mangalsutra and brought it close to me.

His hands touched my skin as he made me wear the holy pendant and I shut my eyes at the feel of it. He's giving me such serious goosebumps right now.

I'm just one step away from being called Shubman's wife. My heart is rushing so badly.

I felt the same during saat phere. Taking vows with him for our new journey made me feel so close to him. I haven't felt this way ever before.

As instructed by the priest, Shubman picked up sindoor next and inched his arm closer to me.

With his free hand he displaced my forehead jewelry a bit and deposited the holy powder in the middle parting of my hair.

Wearing the sindoor makes me feel so complete. I'm officially married now, it feels so different.

"Vivah sampanna hua." The priest announced a little later.

Shubman held my hand in his and helped me get up. At first the priest gave us several blessings for a happy married life.

We then touched feet of all our elder family members and relatives who gave us blessings and gifts as well.

My parents are so happy at the fact that they've sent me to a very trustworthy, loyal and loving family. Their eyes are filled with happy tears right now.

I rushed towards them and hugged them tightly, letting out all my tears on their shoulders.

I want them to be happy and that's the reason I'll never want them to know how I actually feel at this moment.

I don't know what the future holds for me but knowing that Shubman must be unhappy right now, doesn't give me any reason to feel contended.

However, I'm glad he's behaving so well in front of my family. At least he makes them smile and that is all I want.

"Vidaai ka time ho gaya hai, ab Anu hamare saath ghar aayegi." Shahneel di smiled while giving me a side hug.

I threw several handful of rice, wheat and coins as we moved outside, for the vidaai ceremony.

Then Shubman and I were made to sit in a new car, in which we'll be leaving for his home.

Keart mumma, Shahneel di and some other relatives of Shubman are following us in another car, along with our gifts to complete some rituals at his place.

Shubman and I stayed silent through the entire ride. He doesn't seem angry, but he doesn't seem happy either. He just looks neutral, whereas I'm way too nervous.

Up until now I had my family backing up with me, but what will happen to us now?

We're officially married but I don't know what's going on in Shubman's mind. Will he even accept me as his wife?

The car stopped at Shubman's apartment and we were taken upstairs, where Keart mumma welcomed us by applying tilak on our foreheads.

Then I pushed the jar filled with rice at the entrance and dipped my feet in red kumkum water, before entering the house.

"Ab tumlog aaram karo, hum sab subah milne aayenge." Mummy ji told us and then hugged me.

She makes me feel so comfortable and loved. I'm glad I have her in my life.

"Anushree, tum room mein jaao. Main aata hu thodi derr mein." Shubman told me and I nodded lightly.

"Come, I'll take you." Shahneel di smiled to me and led me towards Shubman's bedroom.

She opened the door and my jaw fell at the beauty of the decoration. Its really so mesmerizing!

"I wanted to decorate the room myself but I was busy all day, so Ishan and Samikhya did it. It's really pretty na?" Di asked me with a smile on her face.

"Very pretty. Thank you di." I thanked her.

"No worries. Now enjoy and have fun." She giggled while making me sit on the bed and I slightly blushed at it.

Shubman's family is really so sweet. I love them with all my heart.

I could hear the sound of the door shut after a few minutes and then Shubman's footsteps approaching his bedroom.

I don't even know how he's going to react. My heart started rushing abruptly as Shubman entered the room and shut the door.

At first he went towards his wardrobe and took out some night clothes for himself.

Maybe he's going to change his clothes and sleep. Should I do the same? But I don't even know where my clothes are.

"Baahar niklo." I heard Shubman's harsh voice just a few seconds later.

What do I do? Where does he want me to go? I just froze at my position on hearing his voice, which is somewhat scaring me.

"Can't you hear me? I said get out!" He shouted all of a sudden and I timidly clutched onto my lehenga.

"I don't believe in this bullshit marriage. You are not my wife!" He added furiously as I stood up and he started destroying the decoration.

"Aap gussa mat kariye, main jaa rahi hu." I tried calming him down with watery eyes.

"Meri life se jaa sakti ho? If you can then just leave!" Shubman yelled, making tears escape my eyes.

I ran out of the room with heavy tears escaping my eyes and then heard sounds of glasses breaking, coming from Shubman's bedroom.

Why does he make me feel so miserable? I can't stop my tears now. I've nowhere to go, what should I even do?

I went to the adjacent bedroom and cried my heart out. What wrong did I do to get this in return?

Shubman is treating me so bad and I can't even complain, its not like he ever promised me a happy life with him.

Was it foolish of me to stay despite of everything going against me?

The entire night, I couldn't sleep. The incident from our first night kept replaying in my head. Shubman's aggressive behavior has really scared me.

Its morning now and Shubman's family will be visiting us. I must clean up everything before doubts arise.

At first I found my travel bags among the heap of gifts and then went for a bath.

I dressed myself in a lemon yellow colored suit and left my hair open. Unlike all the days, today I've applied sindoor as well.

Slowly I gathered courage to walk up to Shubman's bedroom. The door is open and he's still sleeping, I can go in.

I did so and looked around to see broken candles and vases all around in the room. He has destroyed every bits and pieces of the decoration in the room, he must've been way too annoyed.

At first I cleaned up the broken glass pieces laying on the floor and then the rest the of the room.

I've left the bed as it is since he's still sleeping and I've no intention of waking him up, even by mistake.

Since Shubman's family is coming over, I must cook for them. However, the kitchen is in a worse condition than before.

There are just some instant noodles, fruits, juices, protein shakes and hard drinks.

What should I do? I can't even go buy groceries right now.

While I was trying to think of what to do, I heard the sound of the doorbell ring. Who's here at this hour? Its just seven in the morning right now.

I went to the door and saw Shubman's friends in the mini camera at the entrance. Why are they here?

I opened the gate and welcomed them.

"Aaplog abhi..?" I asked them nervously.

"Shub ne humein invite kiya tha. Tumhe jo bhi help chahiye ho, humein bata dena, we'll help you." Kamlesh smiled at me.

He's really such a sweet guy. He's the only one among Shubman's close friends whom I feel is not indifferent towards me.

I met all of them before Shubman's birthday, to organize the party and they were sweet to me then. But since the time our marriage came into talks, I felt Abhishek and Ishan develop hatred towards me.

I don't know why they did so, but it makes me sad. I'm glad at least Kamlesh doesn't hate me.

"Beh yaar, formality kyu kar raha hai?" Abhishek rolled his eyes at Kamlesh and then shifted his gaze towards me.

"Listen behenji, Shubman hates you. So stop interfering in his life okay? If it wasn't clear to you until now, let me tell you that we all hate you. We're here to console our friend, you can just go to hell." He added harshly for me, which really hurt me to the core.

Why did he refer to me as behenji? Is it because of the traditional clothes I wear?

What's wrong in following my culture? I've been born and brought up in a small city of Punjab and always taught to be like this. Shubman's family also appreciates my values since childhood.

"Don't mind him, he's crazy. I'm really sorry at his behavior Anushree. I swear I don't hate you. In fact, I like you as my sister. I'm always there for you, please don't cry." Kamlesh requested me with sad eyes, after Abhishek and Ishan went to Shubman's bedroom.

I could feel the genuine emotions in his eyes so I decided to trust Kamlesh. He has anyway always been kind to me.

"Thank you." I slowly whispered after wiping away my tear and then I heard the doorbell ring again.

"Its Shubman's maid." Kamlesh informed me while opening the gate and she came in.

She congratulated me on our wedding and I thanked her with a smile. She then started her work and I went back into the kitchen.

"Main chai banau ya coffee?" I asked Kamlesh.

"We all prefer coffee." He answered.

He's really helping. I should share the grocery issue with him as well, maybe he'll help me out.

"Kamlesh, kitchen mein kuch nahi hai. Main khaana kaise banaungi?" I asked him while preparing coffee for the boys.

"Tum mujhe grocery list dedo, Ishan sab le aayega. I'll stay here, in case tumhe koi help chahiye ho." He smiled and I thanked him.

I made a list of everything I need for today's lunch and gave it to Kamlesh. Then I handed him his coffee and took the other three mugs towards Shubman's bedroom.

I'm scared to death right now. What if Shubman scolds me again for entering his bedroom? I don't want to annoy him.

I knocked at the door at first, even though it was open and Shubman looked up at me.

"Kya hai yeh?" He asked me rudely.

"Coffee." I answered timidly.

"Rakho aur jaao." He added in the same tone and I did so.

Kamlesh then sent Ishan to buy groceries and he unwillingly agreed, after loads of requests made by Kamlesh.

Meanwhile I cleaned all the rooms and the other bedroom. When the boys came out in the living room, I cleaned Shubman's bedroom as well.

"Anushree, yeh sab pooja ka samaan hai. Shubman ke relatives aayenge toh tumhari muh dikhai hogi." Kamlesh told me while placing stuff in the living room.

"Okay." I nodded slightly.

Kamlesh is really so helping and well cultured. The girl he'll be marrying is gonna be so lucky inside out.

Since Kamlesh doesn't know how to cook, he helped me with other things.

Soon Shubman's family and close relatives came over and we had the pooja.

For pehli rasoi, I had prepared fish as per the tradition and some desserts as well, which everyone liked a lot. I'm glad things went well.

"Aur batao, honeymoon ke liye kahan jaa rahe ho tumlog?" Shubman's bua questioned both of us.

"Abhi toh mera Australia tour aa raha hai, toh wahan se wapas aaunga tab decide karenge." Shubman answered her and I just smiled awkwardly.

"Wahan toh Anu bhi jaayegi na." Keart mummy ji smiled while touching my chin.

"Nahi... mummy ji. Maine bohat leave liye the shaadi ke liye, ab shayad aur na mile." I tried excusing myself.

I don't want Shubman to get mad at me again, thinking I've used his family to accompany him on his tour.

"Kuch din aur toh leave le sakti hai tu, bas ek mahine ka hi tour hai." Mummy ji told me.

"Abhi leave nahi mili toh koi baat nahi, next tour par chalna mere saath." Shubman passed me a fake smile, along with a fake proposal.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Abhi shaadi hui hai tumlog ki, tu itne din akele kyu rahegi? Tu bhi jaa." Mummy ji persuaded me.

"Main leave ke liye request karungi." I smiled awkwardly.

We then talked a little more, after which they left. Shubman's friends also left along with them, leaving both of us alone again.

I'm really scared of Shubman's reaction right now.

"I'm not taking you anywhere." He told me right after closing the main door.

"Okay." I nodded timidly.

"Tumhe jo chahiye tha woh toh tumhe mil chuka hai. Ab raho yahin aur mere jitne paise use karne hai karo, par mujhe bother mat karna." He harshly spoke while moving towards his bedroom and slammed the door.

So that is what he thinks of me, a gold digger.

I can't even defend myself cause he won't listen to a word I say, so I'll just let it be. I can't change him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

778K 28.9K 21
"Bu...But we are married" I tried to defend myself "But I don't consider you my wife, get the hell out of my room" He yelled I couldn't help but ju...
20.9K 985 23
An Arrange Marriage that changed their life An Obstacle that tried to cause breakage A Bond of love that tied them together and helped them defeat it...
20.6K 1.2K 16
It was bound to happen. Ishan knew it was. He was just optimistic all these months thinking that there might be a chance. Well, now he could feel how...
318K 20.5K 53
๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š 1 ๐Ž๐… ๐ƒ๐„๐’๐“๐ˆ๐๐„๐ƒ ๐’๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐’ "๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ซ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฒ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช, ๐“ณ๐“ธ ๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ถ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ช๐“ป ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐”‚๐“ช ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฒ" โ‹† หš๏ฝก โ‹†เญจโ™กเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝก โ‹†ห–โบโ€งโ‚Šหš โ™ก หšโ‚Šโ€งโบห–...