The Boy From Korea (ChanChang)

By Andy869

Chan lives in Australia. He's a junior in high school. He's captain of the boys volleyball team. Changbin rec... More

The Move
Neighbor
First Day
Practice
Tutor Me
Camp Pt.1
Camp Pt.2
Camp Pt.3
After Camp
Hang out
Hang Out Pt.2
Pratice Match
Practice Match Pt.2
Sleepover
Sleepover Pt.2
Sleepover Pt.3
Morning
New Kid?
We are?
Are you okay?
First Game
Sam
Chans Place
Chans Place Pt.2
Preliminaries
Preliminaries Pt.2
Finals
Graduation (End)

No Way

2.4K 187 90
By Andy869

~3 weeks later
*Changbins POV
"I told you! Did I not tell you this would happen!?" Hyunjin shouts at me as he throws me a towel at my face.

"To say the least, I'm not surprised." Seungmin says, changing into his practice clothes.

"Me either! It was going to happen eventually." Jeongin adds.

I pick up the towel that was thrown at me and yell into it. The fabric poorly covering my scream.

This couldn't be happening.

"So tell us from the start." Seungmin says.

I put the towel down, take a deep breath and exhale, nodding as I try to recollect my memories.

~flashback to 30 minutes ago. (No ones POV)
School had just ended and Changbin was packing up his things in a hurry to not be late for practice.

Sam waiting by his desk so they could walk together and the other can drop him off with the group.

"So uh,, Changbin,,," Sam calls out softly as he stops in the middle of the empty hallway.

The mentioned boy stops and looks back to face Sam.

The taller boy had his head down and was fiddling with his fingers.

Changbin tilts his head. Was Sam okay?

"What's up? Is everything okay?"

Sam nods rapidly. Mentally cursing at himself for taking so long to say what he needed.

"I,, I need to tell you something." He continues.

"Okay. What is it,,,?" Changbin asks. An unnerving feeling building up in his stomach.

Was he going to say what he thinks he's going to say?

Sam takes a deep breath. "I like you."

Changbin stood there, eyes wide and mind blank as he processes what was said.

No way. This wasn't happening. Hyunjin wasn't right. This was all fake.

Sam looks at Changbin. Hurt written all over his face.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything!" He exclaims.

Changbin comes back to reality. "No wait'! I was just surprised! That's all!"

What does he say? What does he do?

"Changbin! Sam! There you are. We're all waiting for you outside." Chan says as he jogs to them.

Noticing the atmosphere, he became a bit concerned.

"Hey, is everything alright?" He asks, placing a hand on Changbins shoulder.

The younger nodding with a small smile.

"Yeah. Sam just forgot something back in class." Changbin lies.

Chan nods and they all walk towards the group.

Things a bit awkward between Sam and Changbin.

~End of flashback (Changbins POV)

"So you lied to Chan?" Hyunjin asks.

I nod.

I had to tell someone. And luckily the right people were changing in the club room.

"What are you going to do now?" Felix asks.

I shrug. I don't know what I was going to do.

Sam was a nice guy and all. But I didn't like him in that way.

As for Chan. Well, I did like him. Just in denial when someone asked.

"Just tell him you don't like him back." Jisung says.

"But in a nice gentle way so you don't hurt his feelings." Jeongin adds.

"Who would've thought that he would like you after a couple weeks of being your friend." Seungmin laughs out.

I groan. "And Chan started liking me after a month."

"He sure does move fast." I hear Hyunjin say.

"I'll text Sam. Apologize for what happened and that I don't feel the same way."

"Ouch, through text?" Seungmin winces out.

I shove my head in the locker. "I don't want to face him and see the hurt written all over him!"

"Text is better. Besides it's the weekend tomorrow." Jeongin adds.

I take my head out and nod rapidly at what the younger said. I can just send Sam a text and not see him for the next two days! Easy!

I pull out my phone and quickly type out a message to Sam.

I got a response not long after.

"Well?" Hyunjin and Seungmin ask.

"He says he understands. He had a feeling that I didn't like him back but still wanted to tell me. You know, get it off his chest." I answer.

"See! No harm done!" Jeongin says and starts to make his way out.

"At least Sam had the guts to confess to you unlike Chan hyung." Seungmin says rolling his eyes a bit at the mentioned elder.

"What about me?"

Chan walks into the club room. Walking to his own locker to get changed.

We all didn't say anything and just look away.

"Time to yeet! Bye!" Jeongin exclaims.

"Same! Gotta get those spikes!" Hyunjin rushes off.

"Uh blocking!" Felix shouts.

Jisung just shrugging. "Laps?"

Seungmin just walking out and leaving Chan and I alone.

"What were you guys talking about?" Chan asks as he takes off his shirt.

I was still looking away.

Should I tell him what happened? Or lie?

"Just volleyball stuff." I lie and gather my water and start to head out the door.

"See you inside!" I exclaim and leave Chan.

As I walk to the court, all I can think was. How was I going to deal with Chan and my feelings for him?

I should just man up and confess to him.

But with preliminaries coming next week, we needed to be in top shape.

And after denying Sams feelings, I wonder how things will between the two of us.

Between all of us.

"Stop stressing about things. We need you to focus on practice." Seungmin says next to me.

I nod. Right focus on practice. On the game.
——
"Nice job everyone. Everyday this team is slowly and surely improving. Next week is the start preliminaries. You will all be excused from your classes for the whole week since this is an all day event." Jake informs us.

We nod at his words. Taking in the information.

"So get plenty of rest. Drink lots of water and eat enough food to regain your energy back." He continues.

"And remember. No matter what happens in the next week, I'm proud of each and every one of you." He finishes.

Those words encouraging us to not fail. To make Jake and all his hard work proud.

"Now clean up and get the hell out of here." He jokes.

"Yes sir!" We chant and run off to clean.

"Hey. Are you busy tomorrow?" Chan asks me as he passes by me.

I look up at the ceiling for a moment. Pretending to think that I actually had plans.

"Yeah. I'm sleeping all day. Why?" I answer and look at him with a smile on my face.

He laughs and smiles back at me.

"Because I was going to ask if you wanna come over to my place and just relax." He answers.

"Gasp! Chan wanting to just relax instead of going out?!" I joke.

"Ha. Ha. Just shut up and say 'yes hyung. I'd love too.'" He says mimicking my voice.

"One. That was terrible. Two. Yes hyung, I'd love too. Who else is coming?" I ask as we continue to help clean.

"No one else. They all have plans of resting before the big week." He answers.

I nod. So it'll just be him and I. Alone. At his house. In his room.

"Alright. Anything I should bring?" I ask as we start making our way to the club room.

I took notice that we were the only ones in the court.

"Snacks. Ben and yourself." He replies.

I nod again.

What I didn't know was that tomorrow was going to be the start of everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 12.7K 42
[แด„แดแดแด˜สŸแด‡แด›แด‡แด…] -๐ก๐ฒ๐ฎ๐ง๐›๐ข๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ฑ Felix walks into his new school catching the eyes of everyone. He different from eveyone. "He isn't from around h...
65.4K 2K 12
hyunjin and felix are best friends and probably one of the closest duo in stray kids. when felix sees videos of the two, he freaks. started: 03/19/23...
60.3K 3.5K 10
changbin finds a crying boy outside his coffee shop at 4 am. started: 2.10.20 completed: 2.14.20
162K 6.5K 46
[[HyunLix]] TW- EXTREME VIOLENCE, MURDER, SELF HARM, CUSSING, A CRAZY PLOT TWIST, AND IN GENERAL A VERY TRIGGERING BOOK Paranoid Hwang Hyunjin is abs...