The Masked Fighter

By kh36267

Alexis, or Lexi to her friends, is a 17 year old girl with a very troubling past nobody but her knows about... More

Author's Note-More Info on Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 9

20.4K 671 90
By kh36267

Alexis' POV

After the race last night I just went home and went to bed. Dylan and Lil decided to stay and hang out for a little bit which means they probably both have hangovers right now.

Even though I don't drink, they drink whenever and I usually just keep an eye on them to make sure they aren't being drugged in their drunken state or whatever else could happen.

So, now, here I am on a fine Sunday morning. Since the gang meeting yesterday was cancelled because of my inability to get there on time, it's today at 1.

Looking over at the clock next to my bed I see that it's already 11:30. I get out of bed slowly and practically drag myself over to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and then get ready.

Once I have my makeup on and I'm dressed I put my long hair in a ponytail and go downstairs to eat. It's already 12:15 so I just grab an apple and some bread and then head out the door.

I know I'm going to be early but it's better than being late I guess plus I have some paperwork I need to do in my office.

After the 30 min drive I get out and go straight inside to be greeted by Dylan.

"Wow. look at that. You managed to get here on time today, early actually." Dylan says with fake pride in his voice.

"Whatever." I mumble before pushing past him and walking to my office. As I walked by I couldn't help but realize the bags under his eyes which meant my theory was correct, and he did get wasted last night.

As I continue to walk to my office i get hi's and hellos all the way there. The only girls in our gang are me and Lil, but it never really gets awkward. They're all pretty much like brothers to me, I have no love interest in any of them what so ever.

After about a half an hour of paperwork I get out of my chair and stretch my limbs. When I'm done stretching I head out the door and towards the gang's meeting room. It's basically just one giant circle table really.

Once everyone was in I could see Lil with her head on the table sleeping, which means she drank also. I just casually walk towards her and clap my hands really loud right next to her ear.

She sits up startled and looks around. When her eyes land on me they narrow, making her look like she's going to kill me. But she thinks better and just yawns and props her head up on her hand. Once everyone was settled the meeting began.

For two hours all we talked about was other gangs and the location of our rival gang and when we are going to attack them for the first time. We've been planning this attack for over two months now because they are the strongest and largest gang there is.

After a long two hours I finally get up from my chair and head out after saying bye to everyone.

As soon as I get home I go upstairs and jump into bed, not even bothering to change.
----------------------------------------------
Beep. beep. beep.

Ugh. I roll over and look at the time. 7 a.m. I groan and carefully get out of bed, making sure not to hurt my side.

Once I'm up I head over the bathroom and shower. I then do the usual for school days once I get out. I put on baggy clothes and put on my wig and contacts.

Once I'm done I go downstairs and pop two waffles into the toaster. When the waffles pop up I grab them and head out the door.

I walk slowly to school taking my time. As I'm walking my thoughts wander to Jackson, Austin, and Caden. I have to try my best to avoid all of them, which shouldn't really be a problem considering they don't talk to many other people at school. I sigh, realizing how difficult this might become.

When I get to school I head over to my locker and get the books that I need out. Before I have the chance to shut my locker, it's slammed shut.

There, standing in all her slutty glory, is the queen bee herself, Lydia. Ever since middle school Lydia has made my school life hell. She throws insults, knocks me down, and humiliates me whenever possible.

It doesn't really get to me but I have to pretend it does to make people think I'm "weak". And it works, which is why I am pretending to be scared out of my mind right now.

I'm cowering away from her and thinking of something sad to even make my eyes water. Dang, I should get an award for best actress because this is amazing, one of my best acts yet.

As she sees my "fear" she smirks and looks me up and down, a look of disgust coming onto her caked features.

"Ugly nerd" she sneers before slapping me across the face. I pretend to wince in pain even though she hits like the wind. I hold in my snide remarks and snickers and watch as she smiles in satisfaction.

Right before she leaves she kicks me hard in the side where I got shot, sending into the lockers and wincing in actual pain this time.

"Don't mess with me bitch." she says with a smirk. As soon as the crowd starts to leave the bell for first period rings.

Once the crowd is almost cleared Lil
and Dylan come running up to me and instantly both start firing questions.

"Are you okay?"

"Where did she hurt you?" And some other random questions.
"You guys, Im fine. She hits like wind. She just managed to kick my bad side." I say with a shrug wiping away my fake tears.

I begin walking towards the girls bathroom, trying not to cry in pain. I know it will just make them worry more and they'd never stop asking if I was ok.

Sometimes that's not bad thing, but I just want to go get fixed up and then sleep. So I continue to the bathroom with both of them hot on my trail.

As soon as I get to the bathroom I call Damien and tell him to come pick me up out back and that it's an emergency. He agrees and we both hang up.

As I exit the bathroom I come face to face with Lil and Dylan.

"Don't worry. I just called Damien and he's on his way to pick me up." I say to reassure them I'll be fine.

"Okay" they both say in unison adding a sigh at the end showing their concern. I smile at them and head to the back door, looking around me before opening it and walking out.

Once the door shuts and I'm safely outside I look around once more before cautiously pulling my shirt up and looking at the bullet wound in my side that's already turning black and blue making it look nasty.

I bite down on my lip to keep me from crying out in pain as I slowly pull my sweatshirt back down. Deciding I needed to hit something I go over the nearest tree and punch it a couple times with all my power.

I sigh and go back over the school and wait for Damien to get here. After not even a minute Damien pulls up in his red Ferrari and I hop into the passenger seat.

I hesitantly look over at him to see that he looks beyond pissed. I knew he would be, but I had to call him and he's one of the few people I actually trust.

"What happened."he says trying not to yell. He doesn't like the fact that I'm a nerd at school, he thinks I should just still wear the wig and contacts just, dress a little nicer.

But I can't do that. I need to be able to keep to myself and make everyone think I'm a boring nerd.

But nonetheless, I tell him everything that happened today. And by the time I'm done he's clutching the steering wheel and has a pissed off expression on his face.

Knowing that I'm getting ready to be lectured I just look out the window and say

"I know Damien, I know." in a whisper, as we continue towards the gang house.
----------------------------------------------
Jackson's POV

As I'm walking down the hallway I see a large group of people around one of the locker pods.

As I walk up, Caden to my left and Austin on my right, I hear that bitch Lydia making fun of someone else once again.

"Ugly nerd" she sneers before slapping her across the face, making her wince in pain. I'm pretty sure that girl is in my English class, but I'm not really sure.

Right before Lydia walks away she says
"Don't mess with me bitch." and kicked her in the side sending her into the lockers and wincing in pain once again.

Once the crowd started to clear and everyone was gone except me, even Austin and Caden, I heard three people start talking.

Asking all kinds if questions on whether she's okay or not. And for the first time I hear the nerd speak.
"You guys, I'm fine. She hits like the wind. She just managed to kick my bad side." she said wiping away her tears and looking as if nothing just happened.

Why did she look like it hurt if it didn't? Most girls would be crying right now, but not her, she just starts to walk away like that didn't affect her at all. Honestly, I'm hella confused.

As she begins to walk away, i can't help but to be curious and follow her. I'm nosy, what can I say.

Following her I see her go into the girls bathroom. Once she comes out she says to the two people by the door, "don't worry, Damien's on his way to pick me up." Hmmm...I wonder who Damien is.

I thought that nerds didn't have friends. Getting even more curious, I continue to follow her until she comes to the schools back door.

Wow. She's skipping, why wouldn't she just go to the nurse if her side hurt? She hesitantly looks around before opening the back doors and walking out.

Once she's outside she looks around once again before gently lifting up her sweatshirt to reveal a nasty looking black and blue bruise.

How did she get that bad of a bruise? She had to have gotten into more than one fight for that big of a bruise to appear, Lydia couldn't have caused that. Is that what she meant by bad side?

As I continue to look out the glass door I see her bite her lip and slowly pull her sweatshirt back down.

She then goes over and starts to punch a tree. Hard. Once her knuckles look like they're about to bleed she stops and goes back over to the school, making me duck out of the door.

Dang, this girl is very confusing. One minute she's cowering away from Lydia and the next she's throwing punches at a tree that look like they could knock a person out.

Not even a minute later a guy in a red Ferrari pulls up and she gets up and hops in the passenger seat, before they speed out of the school parking lot.

Leaving me there with a thousand questions running through my head but the one that keeps coming back is...

"Who is she?"

----------------------------------------------
Hey please comment on what you think!

Jackson's getting closer and things are about to get serious!

Hint: their English partner project is coming up!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.3K 28
IMPORTANT!!!! MUST READ She Can Fight TO UNDERSTAND STORY LINE Lexi Carson has just left Callie her old fosters house. She has been kicked out and is...
483 155 30
Ever read that story where the bad boy dates the nerd because a dare or bet? Well, in Lexi's story, it's the other way round. Alexis Hill is forced b...
25K 351 60
Her name is Lexi Daniƫls. Her dad is a mafia-boss and her mom was a champion in kickboxing. Lexis herself does kickboxing too. Lexi doesn't have fri...
386K 12.1K 48
COVER BY @TheStoryWriterWrites Anna Louise Bennet. The school's nerd, loner, punch bag, personal homework slave to the 'popular crowd'. Wears baggy c...