Happy Pills (edgepuff underta...

By Maddyfairyqueen

In a world where it is the law to take joy pills, puff is a reporter, who writes up the news and publish said... More

Ch.1 Pills and Joy
Ch.2 a day in the cell
Ch.3 the runaway
Ch.4 Alleyway trouble
Ch.5 What A Leech...
Ch.6 A Walk In The Park.
Ch. 7 Drunk talk
Ch.8 Fall festival
Q and A/ authors note
Ch.9 Rotten To The Core
Ch.11 Lab Testing
quick update.

Ch. 10 House Visit

160 4 7
By Maddyfairyqueen

The room grew quiet as Raspberry tapped his desk. He looked over at the stuffed puppy. The puppy was now clean and had a bow around its neck. Raspberry was looking over at the pet, softly stroking it's soft ear.

"I deserve some respect here. I worked hard to be in the position I am today! I won't let some officer just come into my office and disrespect me..."

"I only give respect to those that deserve it. You were about to hit my partner....I won't allow that.", Edge shifted, leaning against the wall. He was really hoping to leave soon. Raspberry didn't deserve even a breath from Edge, much less his presence.

Raspberry suddenly froze. The tapping stopped as the corner of his mouth twitched. His pupils shifted around his desk, seemingly going from paper to paper, to his pen and back to the papers. His fists clenched as he swiftly stood up. The window slinged open as he looked outside.

"....How is Puff?"

"He's fine.", Edge clenched his hands into fists. He'll keep things short while they're on the topic of Puff. That bastard doesn't deserve anything other than a simple answer. He didn't like where this was going.

"So he's your lover now?"

"Yes.", While that wasn't completely true...he wasn't going to give Raspberry hope. Edge knew him and Puff needed to work things out however with the way things are going, they'll certainly be dating.

"I see... take care of him for me."

'I'll take much better care of him then what you ever did, asshole.', Edge thought,"Can we get back on track? Away from Puff, please. There are other things we can discuss."

"Why yes, of course!", Raspberry turned, a sickly sweet smile on his lips,"There is much trouble and things we can talk about. Petty stealing, arson, kidnapping.... downers. ", his voice sounded fake. They kind of fake where it had an undertone of venom and hate.

"Downers is a broad subject.... specifically what about them?"

"Well, you see, Edge... I'm not done talking about Puff.  Far...far from it actually. Now that we're on the subject of Debby downers I must bring up something.", he paced around the room," When you transferred here, a file came along here to be added into our records. A file of Puff, who is in your care? I'm not one to judge but I think maybe you shouldn't be falling in love with criminals.", He moved towards filing cabinets, running his finger along the many folders. He pulled out a folder with a bold stamp on it 'Downer Case'. He slammed the file down, his hands firmly gripping the desk, "I think maybe you should keep your emotions in check."

"First of all, he's been in my care for awhile. I've made improvements with Puff and he's back on his pills. One of the reasons I was excited to come in today was to clean Puff's record.", Edge's hand reached over to grab the file.

Raspberry's hand gripped around Edge's wrists, his nails digging in, "Oh no, we're not done talking. I think Puff needs a little more help. He didn't look too well when I last talked to him."

"What makes you think that? Puff recovered and he'll be fine. He's with me now, if anything happens to him I'll just be there to help him. I made sure Puff took his pills throughout the day.

"Throughout the day? Are you sure?", Raspberry pushed Edge's hand away, " When I was talking to him at the festival, his eyes looked normal like a downer. He was off of them Edge, I can't let you make changes to the file."

"Maybe if you didn't kidnap him and drag him into an alley he would've taken them! Hand over the file, I'll be making changes to it."

"No, I won't allow it. Puff will be transferred to the higher ups. Which means me. The way I see it, you have failed your duty as an officer and to rehabilitate Puff into taking Pills. With what I saw, Puff could easily turn into a downer again. I can't let that happen. Puff would be a danger to the public and to himself. If all else fails, I can just send Puff to the labs as a last resort. Perhaps he built up an immunity to joy pills if it wears off on him so quickly. They will take care of him.", A smirk curled upon Raspberry's lips. Edge couldn't allow Raspberry to get a hold of Puff. He couldn't allow that. If he lets Puff go, Puff will go through the same hell as he went through before, only this time nobody can help him. He would be stuck under Raspberry's boot to be 'rehabilitated'.

Edge's hands slammed onto the desk as he snapped, "Don't you dare touch him! Don't even come near him. I know all about you, you won't help him, you'll torture him! You are not a good cop or even a good chief! I won't even let you send him to the labs! I've been in this job long enough to know that that place is a fucking prison! It's inhumane to send anyone there!"

The labs are the last place downers go. Most of the time they never return to see the light of day. That place has a lot of sketchy rumors that nobody officially debunked yet. One of the popular rumors is that downers are sent there not because to make them better, but to use them as experiments for new pills and other things. The way people see it, if they are unwilling to take joy pills then you deserve to be treated like an animal. Downers are sent to the labs to die. Another rumor is that the experiments make downers aggressive. They started to attack and fight each other until they're pulled apart. They act like animals, biting and clawing. Some people say they even growl like beasts. The thought of Puff going there and turning into one of them scared Edge. How could they turn sweet little Puff into a horrid monster? Not even the worst downer deserved to be experimented on...nobody does.

"Believe me Edge I don't want to send Puff there! I don't, I still love him-"

"Don't start on that! If you truly loved him you wouldn't abuse him. You don't care about Puff, it's all about a power fix! You and I both know if Puff doesn't 'obey' you, you'll send him to that lab as a punishment!

"Tch...you want the truth about Puff? Fine!", He smirked,"I don't love him, I obsess over him! I could give a fuck less about his mind and well being. As long as his body is still together and he's cute, I'll use it to my desire. He's a pet and nothing more! You know what I felt like the first time I saw him?", he asked, "I felt like I had to have him! Maybe I was in love but not anymore! I want Puff to myself and you know what Edge?", Raspberry gets in the others face, " I'll fucking have him. The easy way or the hard way. There won't be shit you can do about it. If I have to punish him to make him submit to me, I fucking will!"

"You're a monster! How could you say that!? I won't let you do anything! I'll-"

"You'll do what? You can't do anything, Edge! Nothing! This conversation is over, I'll be making a house visit and taking Puff. That's final. Puff is no longer yours. "

"No! Please! Don't take him! He hasn't done anything wrong! He doesn't deserve any punishment you plan to give him!", Edge was getting desperate, he couldn't let Raspberry take Puff. However he felt powerless and hopeless. He couldn't do anything and he knew that. Tears were slowly building up at the corner of his eyes, "Please...Raspberry, Puff doesn't deserve this...let him go."

"I can't do that. I'm simply following the law. All downers must be rehabilitated. Hell, I'll be nice and give you ten minutes. Run, hide, do whatever. I'll still find him. Go, your time starts now.", he turned away, moving towards the window and staring out.

"Wow...your so fucking nice, you absolute asshole...", Edge sarcastically remarked. He left and glanced at a clock. Ten minutes...that's only enough time to get home on foot. Maybe they can get a small head start. 

'I need to go now...I hope to whatever god there is that Puff will be okay.', Edge's soul was pumping as he quickly left and dashed down that street. All he wanted was for Puff to be safe. Something in the back of Edge's mind told him he wouldn't be able to protect Puff. 

----------

Back at the house, Puff , Fell and Classic finished putting items in the kitchen away. Everyone was tired and wanted to rest for awhile.

"There we go!", Fell smiled, "Done with the kitchen!...Stars, Pap has a lot of cooking utensils. He always did have a thing for cooking."

"Pap?", Puff looked over.

"Yeah! That's my brother's special little nickname. He hates it which is exactly why I call him that. As his sibling, I am required to annoy him every way possible."

"Be nice to him every now and then at least...I appreciate you guys staying here with me but, really you two can leave. I'll just take one more box upstairs then take a nap."

Classic was scrolling through his phone as he looked over, "Are you sure? We can stay Puff...it isn't a problem at all. You're my baby brother after all. You're all that I have left."

"Classic, please...I'll be okay! What's the worst that can happen? I'll put this box up and nap. Maybe I'll make lunch or dinner if Edge arrives late. Can you please not be so over protective over me?"

"I have to be! Especially now! Anything can happen! What if something happens? What if I'm not here for you? What if-", before he could continue, Fell wrapped an arm around Classic and pulled him in.

Fell was getting a little annoyed at the two, "C'mon now sweetheart. Ya goin' to smother him if you always watch what he does. I know you're scared and all but you gotta give him his space. How 'bout this you two...we'll visit Puff again in an hour or so. Maybe in two hours. Does that sound good, Classic?"

"...Fine...two hours. That is going to be torture for me."

"Puff? What do ya say?"

"That's fine by me! I can relax in the meantime. I swear...I'll be okay.", Puff hugged his brother and sighed,"You gotta let me spread my wings and not keep me locked up. I know what just happened but...I'll be okay. You can't always be here for me."

Classic hugged back,"I know...I know. I'm worried. Now that I'm talking to you again...I'm so upset I wasn't there for you. I guess this is my way trying to make it up. Be safe for me?"

"Of course. Anything for you."

Fell sighed and pats Classic's back,"'Alright now...we'll be back in two hours. We'll see you later Puff.", Fell guided Classic away and wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling him close. Classic looked over his shoulder as he sighed. The two left and Puff was all alone.

'I love you Classic but, I really need to be alone with my thoughts right now...', Puff has been feeling a little strained after the run in with Raspberry. His morale has been feeling low and crushed. He needed something, anything to keep his busy mind at bay. His attention turned to a small box, it could easily be tucked under Puff's arm.

'This can distract me for a moment.', As he picked it up, he was surprised at how heavy it was. That's fine, it's only a short trip upstairs. As he went upstairs and into the bedroom the box was slowly slipping out from under Puff's arm. As soon as he managed to get inside the bedroom, the box slipped out of his arms and slammed onto the floor. The box busted open and some papers, files, and pens scattered onto the floor.

"Ugh...I'm too tired for this.", he kneeled down, picking up papers. Some notes were memos, self notes, random scribbles and more. Just as Puff was done picking up papers he found a file that looked worn and used often. There was a marked scribble and a stamp marked 'important'. Curiosity got to the best of Puff, he opened the file and peeked inside. There were a few charts, notes, and a medical record. As Puff's eyes scanned through the papers he found something interesting.

Edge,

This letter was sent to you as an update on your last doctor visit. With your last bone and soul sample, we ran some diagnostics to find out the problem of your mood swings. With a sad heart, some unfortunate news must be said.

We are sorry to inform you that you've been taking too many joy pills then directed over the course of a few years. As a result of this mistake your body has grown a resilience to joy pills. The dose we would have to recommend in order for you to function properly would be extremely harmful to you, your well being, and your soul. There is nothing we can do at this point with the damage. Due to this risk, the most you can do is continue on your normal dosage of joy and use whatever time on the effects to help your self be true to your joyful self. It is recommended to find hobbies to keep busy and to help with your problem. Until medical science improves and we advance to new technology, we will have to make do with what we have.

Keep this letter secure for future reference We advise you to avoid romantic interests until further inspection about your condition.

As Puff read the letter his mouth drooped into a frown, 'Poor thing...no wonder Edge said he was 'fucked up'. Is this also why he isn't as joyful as everyone else?', Puff placed the folder back in the box. The box was then placed onto a desk. Phew! Puff was finally done for the day. The tired skeleton flopped face first into the bed, dragging himself  to pull blankets over him. As he got comfortable, he slowly started to doze off. Just as Puff was about to fall asleep...

WAM!

The front door slammed opened as rushed footsteps headed upstairs. Before Puff could even sit up, the bedroom door was slammed open.

"Puff?! Puff?! Oh thank god you're here!", Edge was panting as his body shuddered. He ran all the way here and looked like he was about to collapse," You need to get up, now! It's important!"

Puff jolted, sitting up,"Whoa, slow down! What's wrong? Why do you look so panicked? You're scaring me...", Puff gets up, holding Edge's hands, " Talk to me..."

Edge's words ran together as he talked quickly, "Puff I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please, I don't want this to happen, I can't. I just wanted to keep you safe but I can't even do that. I'm so sorry!

"What is going on? Why are you apologizing to me? You never did anything wrong..."

"Puff... Puff I tried to clear your name b-but I ran into a problem and now you and me are in trouble...we have to go now!", Edge gripped the other's hand and started to drag him out of the room, down the stairs.

"What do you mean? You're leaving out a lot of details here!"

"In summary of what happened, I met Raspberry in an office. He's a chief and didn't like that I wanted to clear your file. He deemed you too unstable for me and wants to transfer you to the higher ups which is him!", at that moment Puff felt his soul sick in his chest. Fear overcame him as he shook. 

"What?! No,no,no! I can't go back to him, especially like this! He'll hurt me! He'll do so much to me! Edge please! Don't let me get dragged to him!"

"I won't! I won't let him take you Puff! That's why we're leaving. We're going now! Before Raspberry gets here and takes you. I don't know what I would do if he took you. I don't know if I even can do anything!", Edge and Puff make it outside and try to get into the car. As Edge fumbled with the keys, it slipped out of his fingers and fall onto the floor,"Fuck!"

Snatching up the keys, Edge heard a car pull up in front of the home. As he looked over at Puff, he could see him shaking and covering his mouth. Puff's eyes were fixed onto something, Edge already knew who was there. Edge turned to see Raspberry stepping out of a police car. A wide grin was on that monster's face.

"Sorry to intrude fellas...but I have to make a house visit. I'm afraid Puff is coming with me."

(Hey important author's note here. I'll be starting college an unsure when I'll have free time to write. Please excuse long periods of absence. On that note, wow!! This book is almost done! A few more chapters and we'll see the end :)  )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 12.3K 47
[Completed] [[Lemon and Swear Warning]] [2019 Jan Note: This book dates back to 2017, where my grammar and spelling checks weren't efficient due to m...
7.6K 234 15
As Undertale Sans begins a love triangle with his alternate versions, Underfell and Underswap, he aids Underfell Papyrus in a scheme for revenge agai...
8K 400 34
Fonttale is an AU where skeletons have a special power related to their font name. A Normal Font Comic Sans for example, can force people to laugh. H...
5.7K 173 25
after losing a bet, Red has to take sans out on a date. Red doesn't like his alternate, but it's nothing personal. He just dislikes how the 'Tale bro...