Fears

By m00n_drunk

BOOK 2 OF THE DILEMMAS SERIES. After a drunken kiss, Shaun and Ryan became boyfriends and their relationship... More

author's note
prologue
02
03
04

01

17 0 0
By m00n_drunk

Present

"You nervous?" Shaun asked Caleb as their car pulled over at the space behind the old boy's dorm.

"No." He turned to Shaun and managed a small smile. "I'm kinda excited, actually. Glad I actually made it in this school."

Shaun sighed. "Of course you are." He felt a small sadness inside his chest.

"Okay, boys! We're here!" Shaun's mom, Martha, chirped.

He moved to the side and opened the door on the right side and went out. Immediately he was greeted by the cold wind like it was welcoming an old friend.

He looked around. It was just like last year. Nothing much changed. The canteen remained open and the circular kiosks still stood. Greenery decorated the mountainous school. This time, there were several vehicles parked on the side of the concrete road and the sky was dark gray; a storm was brewing.

"Ooh. That's cold," he heard Caleb say as he opened the trunk of the car. Shaun moved beside him and looked at luggage filled with their stuff.

Martha patted the trunk cover. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay with this? I think you need help bringing this over to the new dorm."

"I think we're okay," Shaun answered for the both of them. Caleb was a bit more hesitant, but he nodded.

"Alright." She smiled. "I trust you, but if you need any help, I'll be there, alright?"

"Yeah, okay. I'm just. . .excited for this new dorm."

"There's a new dorm?" Caleb cut in, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. They built it over the summer. It's nicer than the dorm I lived in last year. At least, that's what I saw from the pictures."

Shaun looked past the canteen and to the building behind it. He heard rumors that it was a new academic building. It had most of the labs, but now with more space. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be used until next school year.

"Well, you better get going, then." Martha closed the trunk after they unpacked their stuff. She turned to Caleb. "You go ahead. I have to talk with Shaun here."

"Where?" he asked.

"Just past the girl's dorm across this one." She pointed at the old boy's dorm building. He nodded and disappeared from view.

Once he was gone, she turned to Shaun. "Has Ryan called you yet?"

Shaun looked down. "No. Not since months ago."

She nodded. "He transferred out, right?"

"Yeah. I hope nothing wrong happened to him."

"Me too." She took a deep breath. "But I think you should put that behind you. It's a new school year. We shouldn't linger on the past and look forward to the future."

"But I miss him, Mom," he insisted. "He's been in my mind all the time."

"I know that. But right now, there are other priorities. Like your grades."

He thought about it for a moment. Then he nodded. "You're right." Last year, he had his undivided attention on Ryan that he forgot about his own studies. He almost failed the final exams, but luckily, his boyfriend helped him catch up. "It won't happen again I promise."

She smirked. "It better. Now you should go. Caleb might get lost."

"I know." Then he went to her for a hug. "Thanks."

"No problem. And if anything goes wrong, please tell me."

"I will," he replied as he dragged his luggage away.

When Shaun caught up to Caleb, his back was already hurting.

"I kinda didn't understand what your mom said," Caleb mumbled. "She meant that the dorm is behind the girl's?"

He managed a small smile. "Yeah, silly. I'll show you." Shaun power-walked past him, the luggage being dragged behind him. It made irregular grinding sounds as he walked on the bumpy pavement.

He walked past the girl's dorm building and to a small gate beside it. Shaun stopped and turned at the building across, the boy's dorm. Many memories were made in that building during his freshman year. He looked at the window on the highest row, closest to the entrance. That was their room.

Where Ryan and Shaun kissed. Unexpectedly.

Then, things were in a constant spiral after that.

He shook his head. This is a new year, he thought. And he isn't here. There isn't time to dwell in the past. Shaun looked away from the building and turned to the gate. Look forward to your future.

"You okay?" Caleb asked.

Shaun yelped in surprise.

He smirked. "You looked flustered. Got something in your mind?"

The sophomore scratched his head. "Uhhhh, no, no, no. I'm fine. It's just. . .we're going to be in a new dorm and—"

"It's Ryan, isn't it?" Caleb's smirk clearly got bigger.

"No it's not—"

"Yes. Yes it is."

Shaun rolled his eyes. "Ugh, whatever. I'm going in now." He walked past the arch of the open gate and onto the path. The road became smoother. On the side were trees and plants. It felt like he was entering someone's rich home.

Ahead, there was an opening on the right. When he reached it, he saw the new dorm building.

At the center was a garden that had a pathway coming from four different directions. He saw benches and some lamp posts. Around the garden was the actual building. People walked around the place; he could see some on all three floors.

Caleb sidled up to Shaun. "Whoa."

Shaun's heart fluttered. This was it. He turned to Caleb. "We should go check our room assignments."

They walked past the garden and onto the front steps. Inside was the open lobby where more people gathered at the counter. There were desks and chairs that looked like those from the study area in the old dorm.

"Where's the list?" Caleb asked.

Shaun scanned across the room. He saw a bulletin board beside the counter. "There." Then he walked over.

He stopped in front of the board and scanned the master list for his room.

Shaun pointed at Caleb's name. "There you are. And. . .we're not in the same room."

"Oh?" He pouted. "That's a shame. We could be room mates."

"Heh." Shaun remembered when he was back at the old dorm with Ryan again. "That's fine, no worries. You'll fit right in."

Caleb elbowed him. "Yeah, okay." He turned to the crowd. Shaun noticed one of the boys waved at them both. Caleb waved back. Then, he turned to you.

"I think this is where we'll separate," Shaun mumbled. "Your dorm is on the third floor."

"Really?" His friend raised an eyebrow. "I thought we could use the same sets of stairs to get to the dorms."

"Nah. You have to take a picture for your ID." Shaun pointed at a line starting to grow at the hallway.

Caleb nodded. "So. . .bye then."

"Yeah. I'll see you around."

Caleb went to line up with the other people. Shaun sighed and looked at the list again. He looked away and walked to the other hallway close to the front desk.

He huffed. This was going to be his first year without Ryan by his side. I hope it doesn't go wrong just like last year, he thought.

After dragging his luggage up the stairs, he stopped and gave himself a breather. He panted in exhaustion.

Almost there. He held the handle of his luggage and turned to his left and saw the empty hallway. On the left side were the rooms and on the right was an open space that overlooked the small park bordered by stone walls. Shaun couldn't help but be amazed. This view is amazing.

Shaun walked over to the door labelled 12C. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Someone opened the door. He recognized the guy instantly. "Gab?"

"Shaun?" the soccer player spoke.

They were both quiet for a while. Then, Gab smiled. "Hey."

He snorted. "Hi." Shaun peeked past him. "Are there other people in the room?"

"Yeah. Seb and Rafael."

"Rafael?" He raised an eyebrow.

"A new student. He's with us."

"Ohhhhh."

He stepped to the side as Shaun walked in, dragging his luggage behind him.

The first thing Shaun noticed was the bright light coming from the window. He saw greenery that extended beyond as far as the eye can see. There were two bunk beds in the place, meaning there were only four people in the room.

He turned and saw the lockers beside the door. The entire place looked just like his old dorm but a bit smaller. Then he realized there was no door in the room.

"Wait, where's the bathroom?" Shaun asked Gab.

"You didn't see it? We have public showers now."

His heart pumped faster. There were public bathrooms now? Imagine all the crazy shit that could happen there.

Shaun saw a boy sitting down on one of the beds. That guy must be Rafael. He had brown hair and striking black eyes. He lay down on the bed, his polo unbuttoned. He yawned. He looked too. . .intimidating for a kid.

Rafael locked eyes with Shaun. "What are you looking at?" He stared daggers into Shaun's soul, contrasting his youthful voice. 

"Uh, nothing," he responded, fidgeting nervously.

Gab sidled up to him. "You're gonna be sleeping on top of his bed. You should settle in."

"Where's Seb?" Shaun asked him.

"He's gone," Rafael cut in. "Obviously."

He was about to berate him for he was starting to get to his nerves when someone else's voice surprised him. "He—ey Gab!"

Shaun turned and his blood boiled even more. He saw some boys dressed in soccer uniforms. He counted four people. They had grins on their faces.

The school soccer team had come to visit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...