Inglorious Bastards [Theodore...

By Y_Allen

This is the rewrite of my fanfic BLACK. It is a series and has a different ending! CARINA BLACK could not be... More

The Seven Prophecies
Prologue
PART I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
PART II
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
PART III
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
PART IV
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
PART V
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
PART VI
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
PART VII
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Thank you!
SEQUEL

Chapter Seventy-Three

4.8K 174 145
By Y_Allen

The following morning, as much as Carina wanted to see Theodore, she was needed to stay with the Gryffindors as it was their first Quidditch match. It was Gryffindor against Slytherin. Maisie has asked Carina to join her for breakfast to braid her hair since the last time she played Quidditch she found it a hassle to have her ponytail flying around her face.

"Ouch! Not too tight!" Maisie cried out.

"You don't want your hair flying around, right?" Carina told her.

"Fine, but don't pull my hair off of my head!" Maisie grumbled.

Ginny snickered at the sight of Maisie and Carina arguing. Now she was having second thoughts on having Carina braid her hair as well. They all sat with Harry, Ron, and Hermione to give Ron the support he needed for the match. The last time he played did not go so well, especially with Slytherin's little cheer. It was a good thing that Roman was now Quidditch Captain and banned the Slytherin team from doing such acts again, and threatened to kick them off the team if they even tried to sing the song Malfoy made.

"Good luck, eh, Ron?" Neville patted Ron at the back as he passed them.

"Counting on you, Ron, I've got two Galleons on Gryffindor!" Seamus added.

Their words of encouragement did not help him at all.

"So, how was it?" Ron asked.

"How was what?" Hermione asked.

"Your dinner party," Ron said.

"Dead boring. Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert," Hermione smiled. "Ol' Sluggy's having a Christmas do, you know. And we're meant to bring someone..."

"I expect you'll be going with McLaggen. Isn't he a member of the Slug Club?" Ron asked with a frown.

"Actually, I was going to ask you."

"Really?" Ron asked.

"Really. But seeing as you have such a distaste for the idea –" Hermione began.

"Carina!" Maisie cried.

"I think that's a bit too tight, Carina," Harry said as he saw Maisie's tears.

"Well, it's done," Carina patted Maisie's back and had her eat her breakfast. "Ginny?"

Ginny's eyes widened. Maybe she shouldn't let Carina braid her hair, but Carina already had her in position and started her work.

"Good luck today, Ron!" Lavender Brown said, blushing. "I know you'll be brilliant."

"She is the weirdest girl I know," Carina muttered just as Lavender left.

Ginny slightly winced at the tightness of the braid, but not long, Carina finished and lets Ginny see Dean before the match.

"I'm resigning. After today's match. McLaggen can have my spot," Ron said.

"Have it your way. Juice?" Harry held out the juice.

Carina, Hermione, Maisie, and Ginny turned to Harry, surprised that he was actually taking Ron's resignation.

"You're serious?" Carina asked him.

"Sure..." Ron said.

Just as Ron was going to get the goblet, Luna arrived at the table wearing a hat that resembles to a real lion. Maisie was impressed with her hat and complimented her for it, and Luna thanked her.

"You look dreadful, Ron," Luna said, her voice dreamily.

Ron nods grimly. He lifts his glass –

"Is that why you just put something in his cup?" Luna suddenly asked, "Is it a tonic?"

A tiny vial of Felix Felicis glint in Harry's palm. Carina's brows raised at the sight of the vial whilst Hermione was in shock but later her face stoned.

"Don't drink that, Ron!" Hermione said in a hushed tone.

Ron immediately took the cup and drank until the last drop.

"You could be expelled for that," Hermione said to Harry, her voice hard.

"Dunno what you're talking about," Harry said.

"Carina, do something," Hermione told her.

"Wh-What do you want me to do?" Carina said, "Make him vomit to get it out of his system."

Ron finally finished the juice, placed down the cup on the table with a loud thump then got up with the biggest smile he's got.

"C'mon you two. We've got a game to win," Ron said.

Harry got up and patted Ron at the back and they both left the Hall. Maisie followed after them, she sent a sorry look at Carina and Hermione before she jogged after Harry and Ron.

~*~

The Quaffle was tossed and in an instant, the Slytherins snatched it and rushed towards the Gryffindor's hoops. Maisie dove towards the Slytherin that held the Quaffle trying to reach it out of his hands, but just before she even clashes with the Slytherin Chaser, a bludger came hurling past her that had her maneuver the other way. She turned her attention to the Beater who sent the bludger her way and saw glared at the Beater.

"Sorry, Maisie, I'm not going to let Slytherin lose this year!" Roman laughed, "Not when I'm Captain!"

"We'll see about that, Alston," Maisie smirked.

Just as the Quaffle was thrown to the Gryffindor hoop, Ron came to block it and had the Quaffle flying in the other direction. Ginny, who was at that area of the field caught the Quaffle and was now flying towards the Slytherin hoops and was able to shoot it. Maisie immediately caught the Quaffle before it fell to the opposing team's Chaser and flew down to get rid of the Chasers after her tail, then maneuvered upward where she had tossed the Quaffle to Ginny. They flew side by side, dodging Slytherins and diving to outfly them. When they got close to Slytherin's hoops, Ginny threw and scored. The two girls high-fived.

Throughout the game, Ron was full of energy, blocking every Quaffle that was sent his way. He roared like a lion when he had punched a Quaffle coming at the Gryffindor hoop and the crowd of Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw cheered for Ron – Maisie was even sure she saw Luna's lion hat roar whenever Ron stopped a Quaffle.

"Not what you're expecting, huh, Alston?" Carina called out from the stands when Roman hovered by the Gryffindor stands.

"The game isn't over until the Snitch is caught!" Roman argued.

In the end, Gryffindor won the match when Harry caught the Snitch. Everyone celebrated their victory – aside from the Slytherins – and the Gryffindors held a "small party" for their victory – and for Ron. Carian stood by the side with her drink, smiled at the sight of Ron in the middle of the crowd as they cheered "Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!" It was the first time that he was given the spotlight, and he was enjoying it.

"I see Ron's loving the spotlight," Roman came to her side.

"I see you found a way inside the common room," Carina said. They both clinked their bottles of butterbeer. "A bit bitter that Gryffindor won?"

"Should be, but it wouldn't be fair – Harry got the Snitch fair and square – and this girl –" Roman grabbed Maisie just as she was to past by them and had her to a brotherly embrace. "—was flying like a pro!"

"ROMAN!" Maisie laughed.

"You outflew all of my Chasers! And dodged all of my Bludgers!" Roman messed with Maisie's hair.

"What can I say, I learned from the best," She winked at him.

Roman released Maisie and lets her return to Luna with their drinks.

"They grow up so fast," Roman sighed.

Carina laughed and patted Roman at the back, "There, there, Rome, it was eventually going to happen."

Hermione soon joined Carina and Roman, then as followed by Harry. Hermione had her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes on Ron. Carina could see that she tried to stay mad because of what Ron had taken for Gryffindors to win, but she couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"Ron seems to be enjoying himself," Hermione said.

"Yep," Harry said. "Apparently it's his lucky day."

"You shouldn't have done it," Hermione chastised him.

"Done what?" Roman asked.

Carina leaned to Roman's ear and whispered what had happened during breakfast and what Harry did. Roman had a face of disappointment and anger when Carina finally said sorry to him at the end, he turned to Harry with a glowering glare.

"You cheating – I can't believe you!" Roman said.

Harry then got the vial of Felix Felicis out of his pocket and dangled it just before Roman's eyes. The vial was still sealed with its sealing wax, unbroken.

"So, you didn't put it." Carina smiled.

Harry shook his head.

"Ron only thought you did?" Hermione said.

Harry nodded then turned to Roman.

"Cheating what?" Harry asked with a smirk.

"I take it back then," Roman simply said.

Just as they turned back to Ron, they saw Lavender walk up to where Ron stood and then pulled him to a kiss. Carina and Roman were both in shock when they saw the boldness of Lavender when she kissed Ron.

"That was unexpected," Roman said.

Carina then turned to Hermione, but just as she turned, she saw her friend missing and so was Harry. Carina sighed, she tugged Roman by his jumper and then motioned him to follow her out of the room. They both went out of Gryffindor Tower and went to look for Hermione, but was unable to find her.

"How long has that been happening?" Roman asked Carina.

"A while," Carina answered.

"I don't blame her." Roman turned to his wristwatch and saw the time. Theodore should be out of bed by now. "I better get going."

"Tired from the game or are you going to cry in the shower about it?" Carina teased.

Roman placed his hand on his chest, "You know me so well!"

"Goodnight!"

"Goodnight!"

After Roman disappeared, Carina decided to return to the common room, hoping to find Hermione along the way. A hand suddenly grabbed Carina, startling her, and pulled her to a dark corridor. Carina thrashed around and tried to punch her abductor, but she stopped when he spoke.

"Seriously, your first instinct is to punch your abductor and not hex him?" Theodore grinned.

"Theodore!" Carina exclaimed. "Why did you –"

Theodore cut her off with a deep kiss. Carina gladly held on to his firm shoulders as he still had a firm hold around her.

"I didn't see you all day," Carina whispered to him.

"Got busy," Theodore said. His eyes went to her chest and saw the necklace. "Glad you're still wearing it."

"It's a necklace, it's supposed to be worn."

Theodore led them both by the window. He sat down on the bench and pulled Carina to sit beside him. The whole time, he never let go of his hold on her.

"Slughorn said it's called La Dame Blanche – after a witch from France who discovered the stone," Carina began. "She was called a White Witch in France, so they just named the stone after her."

"Don't tell me you tested it," Theodore teased. "Found any poison in your food?"

Carina smiled, but her smile faltered, "Why did you give me this necklace, Theodore? I feel like you're trying to tell me something... but you're not..." she reached to cup his face, he looked tired; the bags under his eyes were more prominent, and it looked like he was losing weight. "You don't look so good, tell me, what's wrong. Please."

Theodore's jaw clenched. He hoped that Carina wouldn't notice but her perception was clear as ever. He didn't want to lie. He never liked lying to her. So, he decided to give her half of the truth.

"I guess, the war is just getting to me... people are not too fond of the idea of having a Death Eater's son as a classmate, after all."

"Who's giving you a hard time?" Carina asked, brows furrowed. "McLaggen? Smith? Tell me, I'll make sure to give them a piece of Bastard-payback."

Theodore chuckled. Carina's love and loyalty to her friends would never cease to amaze him. There were times he would forget that the girl before him – though, she looked fragile and small – actually gave Malfoy a bloody nose, sent Crabbe and Goyle to the hospital wing multiple times because of a fight, and even fought Montague and won. She was strong, brave, and intelligent. She was unlike any girl in Hogwarts.

"Don't worry, about it. I made sure to give that they won't cross paths with me," Theodore said. "By the way, how was Slughorn's party? What did he serve in your honor?"

Carina and Theodore laughed. Carina pulled her legs up on the bench and rested her head on her knees.

"He gave me a rather large bowl of gelato," Carina said. "And it was delicious."

"I'm glad you enjoyed your evening..."

"Slughorn is actually going to host a Christmas Party, and he's letting us bring someone outside of the Slug Club," Carina grinned when she saw Theodore frown. "Don't worry, I know you and Roman are not keen with the idea of becoming Sluggy's toys."

"Then who are you going to ask then?"

"Probably Morgan," Carina shrugged.

Theodore took Carina's hand. He traced his finger across the lines at her palm.

"Do you know what's great about dating your best friend?" Theodore spoke.

"You don't have to be awkward when you fart?"

"Well, there's that... and because you don't have to go through all that awkward first dates to get to know each other," Theodore pulled Carina closer to him. He had her sprawl her legs over his so she could be close. "And in our case, I've spent six years to get to know you, that this just normal to us."

"Yes, normal, but we also get to do things friends don't."

"And what's that?"

Carina leaned into Theodore and kissed him lightly on the lips.

~*~

In the shadows, Malfoy scowled at the sight of Theodore kissing Carina. He never thought that Theodore would actually do something so reckless. A wizard who he has always known to have calculated decisions, who always made sure that his actions were precise, was now sneaking in the halls after curfew just to snog with Carina Black. There was only one thing that could blind a smart and precise man like Theodore Nott. It was love.

After Carian got up from the bench and pulled Theodore with her to go leave, Malfoy walked away, muttering under his breath. Theodore was distracted, and they did not have time for distractions. Time was moving too quickly for them. And they need to fix the cabinet soon before the term ends, or else everyone they hold dear would die, and so would they.

~*~

Unknowing to Malfoy, a wolf has been shadowing him since he got out of the Room of Requirement. Roman hid perfectly in the dark because of his auburn fur, and though there were no lights, his sight and sense of smell helped him in looking for Malfoy in the dark, but just as he thought Malfoy was to return to the common room, he saw the boy stop in the shadows. Watching someone. He took a peek to see what it was. He saw the last thing he wanted Carina to be doing.

A whine escaped Roman's snout. He was conflicted. He was happy for his best friends of after years of being oblivious and stubborn about the obvious attraction to one another, they were finally snogging in the corridor after curfew! But, after seeing Theodore and Malfoy exit the Room of Requirement, he knew that his and Harry's suspicion of Theodore and Malfoy were true. And the last thing he needed was for Carina's heart to be broken once she finds out.

Or if she finds out.

~*~

Come morning, Roman woke up early, wanting to have a word with Theodore, but when he woke up, Theodore was already gone. He quickly went to freshen up and change into his school uniform before running to the Great Hall, hoping to find Theodore alone, but it seems Carina was there. Before he could leave the Great Hall, Carina spotted him and waved at his direction asking him to join them. Roman took a breath before walking towards them with a smile.

"You both look happy," Roman said.

"Well, Gryffindor did win yesterday, and I got two Galleons from Morgan," Carina said.

"Diggory's being too supportive, he should really think his odds before betting on Slytherin," Theodore said.

"Hey!" Roman pouted.

Theodore rolled his eyes, "I didn't say that your play was shite, all I'm saying is that, it's Potter and his Firebolt you were against on – and not to mention Weasley's odd behavior – Slytherin was bound to lose."

"Glad to see that my best mate is so supportive," Roman said.

Throughout breakfast, Roman observed Carina and Theodore to see if they would act differently now than they were a couple, but it seems nothing changed with them. They acted the same way – they teased, annoyed, argued, and helped each other in their homework – just the same mornings he would spend with them. And neither of them has brought up their relationship! Were they keeping it a secret?! After breakfast, Carina had free period, which she will be spending with Harry and Ron, while Theodore and Roman had Care for Magical Creatures.

"Say hi to Hagrid for me!" Carina told them before she left to join Harry and Ron.

"We wouldn't have to if you just took his class!" Theodore called out.

Before they left the castle to go to Hagrid's hut, Theodore made an excuse to go to the bathroom. Roman offered to go with him but Theodore sent him a deadpan look that says "that's not part of our relationship" which had Roman go ahead. When the rest of the class appeared at Hagrid's hut, Theodore has still not come back from his trip to the bathroom. Halfway through the lesson, and still no Theodore.

"Well, now tha' we 'ave discussed 'bout Wargs, I 'ave asked the Headmaster 'bout let'in yer see one – an' he approved!" Hagrid said.

"We're going to see a Ward?" Roman asked, surprised.

"Aye, but yer 'ave ter be careful now, though Wargs can turn into humans, they're still magical creatures, an' won't be nice when they smell a threat."

Hagrid went into the forest. He was gone for a while, but then he returned he was accompanied by something. It was a wolf. A large wolf. Many of the students gasped at the sight of the wolf and backed away, but Roman was fixed on his place, marveled at the sight of the creature.

"This 'ere is Hati, go on, say hello," Hagrid told them.

No one dared, they were too frightened. But Roman took a step forward and held out his hand to the large wolf. The wolf growled at Roman at first ("Move back, Roman, move back," Hagrid said) but after Roman knelt down and carefully reached out his hand again, the Warg looked at him. Studying his movement. The warg then approached Roman and placed its paw on Roman's palm.

"I think Hati likes yer," Hagrid said. "Normally, wargs are very territorial – because of humans hunting them down, they don't like them very much – but don't worry, the wargs that roam the forest won't harm ye', Dumbledore and them had a treaty yer see."

"A treaty?" Roman asked. The warg sat before Roman and continued to watch him.

"Yes! As long as they do not harm the students and staff, Dumbledore would let them stay and even protect them from harm! Good man, Dumbledore, good man."

At the mention of Dumbledore, the warg got up from its feet and then padded back into the Forest. It stopped before it reached the darkness, turning to Roman, and then ran inside.

"Well, it looks like Hati was not in the mood to remove his fur, maybe next time," Hagrid said.

Unknowing to Hagrid, Roman knew exactly the reason why Hati did not remove his fur. The warg told him. And it was quite obvious why though, because if Hati were to stand on his two feet like a human, his fur would not be enough to cover his whole body. And the warg was not keen on the idea of letting the students seeing him naked.

~*~

Theodore was in trouble. Since morning came, he didn't bother to go to class. No, he was at the Room of Requirement trying to fix the cabinet since last night and was doing so little progress at it. Malfoy, who went to his classes, had told Theodore that his absence would attract unwanted attention and that it was best that if they went to classes and fix the cabinet during breaks and after curfew, but Theodore didn't care.

"What do you think you're doing?" Malfoy demanded as he came walking towards Theodore, who was still slumped at the ground.

"Trying to fix this bloody cabinet," Theodore muttered.

"You're going to draw attention to yourself," Draco sneered.

"And you walking into the Room of Requirement won't?" Theodore asked, "How did you get in anyway? It's the middle of the day!"

"The corridor was empty," Malfoy said, "And Crabbe and Goyle are standing guard outside."

"Crabbe and Goyle?" Theodore raised a brow at him, "Those two stick out like a sore-thumb, it's better to have Zabini as lookout than those lumps – have you forgotten? If there's two dimwitted-gorillas there's expected to be a ferret near."

"Watch it, Nott," Malfoy said in a threatening tone.

"That might have worked on some first years, Malfoy, but not on me," Theodore said.

Theodore got up from the ground; he dusted his trousers and hid his wand in the pocket of his robe. He picked up his bag from the pile that was beside him and went his way towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Draco asked.

"Lunch," Theodore said, "Then class. You did say that I need to go."

"What about the cabinet?"

"It's your turn."

~*~

Carina spent her day with Harry and Roman as they trailed after Ron and Hermione, who seemed to be ignoring each other after the night that happened during the after-party. They – Ron and Hermione – have been going on like this for days and it wasn't getting any better, not only for Ron and Hermione but for Harry, Carina, and Roman – who seems to be spending more time together now that Harry was left in the middle of the crossfire.

"Look, I can't help it if she's got her knickers in a twist," Ron said. Harry was walked beside him whilst Carina and Roman followed after them completely annoyed that Harry had dragged them along. "What Lav and I have – well, let's just say there was no stopping it."

"Is he serious right now?" Roman asked, completely flabbergasted and annoyed at what Ron was saying now.

"It's chemical. Will it last? Who knows? Point is, I'm a free agent." Ron continued.

"So, she's a fling then?" Carina scoffed, "A short term girlfriend to say that actually snogged a girl."

Ron did not hear Carina and just walked off, leaving Harry with Carina and Roman. With a sigh, Harry returned to Carina and Roman's side and walked beside them, he'd be lying if he didn't say that I was weird to be between the two of them since he was so used to have Hermione and Ron beside him, but he'd rather have them than go back and forth with his two best friends who were in war with each other.

"Have you seen Theodore anywhere?" Carina asked Roman.

"No, he –" Roman stopped himself from saying that he hasn't seen Theodore since Care for Magical Creatures since it could rise suspicion. "— haven't seen since we separated at Care for Magical Creatures. Why?"

"He's not at Ancient Runes earlier, which is weird since he's always there."

Roman frowned when he saw Carina's worried look, "Maybe he went to the hospital wing, he's been having trouble sleeping since the start of the term."

"I hope he's alright."

Roman saw Harry looking at his way. Glancing at their bespectacled friend, Roman knew that Harry was suspicion of Theodore, and now of him.

Night came and Carina, Roman, Morgan, and Harry found Hermione at the library. They approached her as she placed back the books she had borrowed and finished using. Harry was the first to speak, telling her about Ron – that they should just make up and that they should go to the Christmas part together. But Hermione was taking none of it.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes," Hermione said. "I really couldn't care less. Was I under the impression that he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes. Of course, now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements."

Carina, Roman, and Morgan were holding the other books that Hermione borrowed and were handing them to her as she asked for them. They knew that they shouldn't be surprised by the number of books Hermione borrowed, but the volume they were carrying was just too much for them. Even for Carina, who is an avid reader. Well, it seems that there is an avid reader, and then there's a Granger-reader. Roman had handed her the very thick book – bigger than his own hand – and struggled to balance it as Hermione paused with what she was doing to face Harry.

"Have you?" Harry asked.

"Yes. Why?" Hermione asked.

"Seriously?" Roman groaned as he placed the heavy book back in his arms.

Carina, who had just thought of a plan to make their lives better, placed her stack on books on Roman's – gaining a glare from him – got out her wand then muttered the incantation Wingardium Leviosa to the books, then slowly they levitated out of Roman's hands and were in midair. Morgan quickly placed his stack on books with the floating one.

"Why didn't we think of that sooner?" Roman asked as he stretched his arms.

"I just thought, you know, since neither one of us can take who we'd really like... maybe we'd go together. As friends," Harry said.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Hermione said.

"So, who are you taking?" Harry asked.

"Um... it's a surprise. Besides, it's you we need to worry about. And you can't pick just anyone," Hermione said, then she gestured to the girl at the corner of the library, who had been glancing their way. "See that girl over there. That's Romilda Vane."

"We know her," Roman muttered, "Not the best of people to have around."

"Rumor has it she's trying to slip you a love potion," Hermione told Harry.

"Really?" Harry asked in surprise and a bit of fear.

"A love potion?" Morgan said, wide-eyed.

"How desperate is she?" Carina snickered.

"She's interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One. You know that, right?" Hermione said.

"But I am the Chosen One," Harry said.

Hermione took a book from the levitating pile and hits Harry at the head.

"Okay. Kidding."

"How about Carina?" Hermione asked.

"Already asked Morgan to go with me," Carina hooked her arm around Morgan's. The golden-haired boy chuckled.

"And I'm happy to lend her my Morgan because I'm such a good friend," Roman turned to Carina with a pout.

"Alright, and that's when I would say that you're at the borderline of possessive," Morgan told Roman.

"Well, Harry?" Hermione turned to him.

"I'll just ask someone I like. Someone cool," Harry said.

"So, it's settled then, Carina and Morgan will go together –"

"As friends," Roman added. Carina and Morgan took a book from the stack and whacked Roman at the shoulder.

"— and I'll go with mine."

"You mean your contingency date?" Roman smirked as he placed the heavy book back to the shelf with a spell. "If I were to guess though, Mione, does your date happen to be a disgusting prick who can't stop taking his eyes off you?" Roman teased.

Hermione took the hard covered book from the remaining pile and smacked it at Roman's shoulder. Hard.

"Ow!" Roman rubbed the abused part of his shoulder and turned to Hermione with slight fear. "Merlin, woman, I was just..."

"Well don't," Hermione told him.

"What is it with women and violence anyway?" Roman turned to Hermione then Carina.

"You're lucky that she only used the book," Carina smirked.

"Sometimes you just ask for it, Rome," Morgan sighed.

~*~

It was the middle of the night when Theodore got out of bed, he woke his shoes, took his Slytherin robe from the chair where he had placed it and then his wand that he always placed under his pillow – in fear o someone taking it or if someone thinks of attacking him in his sleep. Once he was sure that the coast was clear – that Roman was in his bed, behind his shut curtains, Theodore left his dorm and snuck down to the Slytherin common room where he was to meet Malfoy, who was supposed to be waiting for him since the boy had many homework to do to catch up with his lessons.

"Draco, come on," Theodore called.

"Where are you going?"

Theodore froze. Standing at the middle of the common room wasn't Theodore. He felt his blood run cold when he saw Roman's glare at him, he looked around the common room and did not find Malfoy.

"I thought you were in bed," Theodore said.

Theodore saw Roman walk towards him, but then stopped when he was a couple of feet away.

"I know that you've been sneaking out at night, Theodore," Roman said.

Theodore said nothing.

"I just hope that it's not what I thought it to be," Roman muttered.

Roman brushed past Theodore, whilst Theodore stood completely frozen on his spot.

"What do you think it to be?" Theodore asked anger filled his voice as he turned to meet Roman's eyes.

Roman stopped at the middle of the stairs and turned to Theodore.

"It amazes me on how Carina trusts her friends... never had she thought badly of them... she always saw the good in them, even if she knew of the bad... and I'm willing to believe the same thing she does..." Roman said, "I just hope that you don't break that trust... it's the last thing Carina needs."

Theodore said nothing. He just watched as Roman send him a last look before he returned to climbing the stairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 424 54
Kacie Elektra Black, the twin of Sirius Black, was part of the Marauders. Part of the group of Gryffindor's that was the closest groups of friends yo...
256K 8.4K 74
*Completed* **Editing** Her father left when she was eight. Her mother went into a fit of depression, only coming out when her and her brother went t...
87.7K 3K 29
"Let's all get a butterbeer." The war was over with Harry Potter defeating the Dark Lord, but that doesn't mean all was finished. Escaped Death Eater...
8.2K 364 199
Every family has its black sheep...even the Black family. Althea Black. When she was young, she never understood why her mother refused to speak of...