Trouble Awaits| R. Lupin

By shawnscum

Annabeth Prewett was not one to follow rules so it only made sense that she was sorted into Gryffindor on Sep... More

Face claim
Chapter two: Chocolate Frogs
Chapter Three: The feast
Chapter four: Unsettling Questions
Chapter five: Potions
Chapter six: Twinky
Chapter seven: Astronomy
Chapter eight: The Plan
Chapter nine: Chat with the boys
Chapter ten: A fathers love
Chapter eleven: Study dates
Chapter twelve: Surprises
Chapter fourteen: Halloween
Chapter fifteen: Feelings expressed
Chapter sixteen: Hogsmeade
announcment
Chapter seventeen: Forgotten Birthdays
Chapter eighteen: Lost friends
Chapter nineteen: New wardrobe
authors note
Chapter twenty: Truth or Dare
Chapter twenty-one: Secrets Revealed
Chapter twenty-two: Boggart
A/N
Chapter twenty-three: Christmas spirit
Chapter Twenty-four: Reunited
hey homies
Chapter Twenty-five: Winter Wonderland
Chapter Twenty-Six: Revelations
update
Chapter Twenty-Seven: decisions
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Regretful Behavior

Chapter one: Kings Cross Station

9.8K 287 123
By shawnscum

" Will you look at that! The troll has awoken" said Fabian as Annabeth trudged down the stairs.

If looks could kill, he'd be dead.

Annabeth found her way to her designated seat at their dining table and eagerly grabbed the orange juice. Breakfast had always been her favorite time of the day, even if she definitely wasn't a morning person.

"Are you excited for your first day of fifth year, love?" questioned Molly.

Annabeth gave a curt nod in response and looked down at her plate. Eggs,bacon, and biscuits. Annabeth was never one to be called picky but she wouldn't be caught dead eating bacon. She simply grabbed her fork and pushed it farther away from her, not wanting to upset her sister who always woke up and cooked breakfast for the siblings.

" Merlin! We must be leaving soon, it's already 10:30!" screeched Molly Weasley

" Do I haveeee to go?" came from Gideon, giving the best puppy eyes he could muster.

Molly just simply shook her head in disapproval and went to wake up her two sons, Bill and Charlie. Annabeth stood from her seat and set her dishes down in the sink, but not before flicking Fabian in the neck.

"Oi! What was that for?!"

" Being an insufferable git, the usual" replied Annabeth as she glided towards the stairs, a pep now in her step.

Making sure she had everything she would need until Christmas, Annabeth triple checked her trunk before making sure to leave her book on the top for easy access. Once she was content with her packing skills, she grabbed her trunk and carried it down the stairs.

" Are you ready to apparate?" she said smugly to her nephew, knowing he hated it.

" I no want to" cried little Charlie as he held his plush dragon closer to his chest.

Annabeth swooped up the toddler and showered him in kisses, causing him to giggle and squirm. Annabeth loved her nephews more than anything on earth, especially Charlie. Her love for dragons had only fueled his desire to be "just like bethy". While she played with Charlie, the rest of the family was preparing for apparation to the station.

" Okay children, on my count. 1....2...3.." yelled Molly

A loud cracking sound could be heard throughout the house then silence. The family of red-heads were now in King Cross Station with a wailing Charlie.

"Shhh, calm down. You're okay, Bethy has you" cooed Annabeth into Charlie's ear.

Charlie almost instantly calmed down and his whimpers got quieter and quieter. Annabeth used this time to run into the wall that separated platforms 9 and 10 and found herself in front of the Hogwarts Express. Surrounded by countless witches and wizards brought her nothing but joy. She felt at home here, with them.

"ANNA!!!" was the last thing Annabeth heard before her and Charlie were in a bone-crushing hug. She already knew it had to be her best friend, Sam. Sam was a handsome young man with dark brown hair and beautiful hazel eyes. He stood around 6'4", towering over Annabeth. They had met many years ago but each time they saw each other, it felt like the first time.

" Look at you, beautiful as always" said Sam with a goofy grin

" Oh hush, you'll make me blush" laughed Annabeth while rolling her eyes

The pair were strictly platonic but didn't hesitate to flirt or tease each other relentlessly. After saying goodbye to Molly and her kids, Annabeth boarded the train in search for a compartment. When suddenly, she met the ground.

" Watch where you're going!" she groaned as she attempted to pull herself up. Only to be met with the most beautiful eyes she has ever seen.

" I'm so sorry! I was trying to find my friends and didn't even see you in front of me" answered none other than Remus Lupin.

The cat never got her tongue but right now, Annabeth was speechless. If it hadn't been for Sam, she would have made a complete fool of herself.

" She's fine, wee little thing is hard to see when you're up in the clouds like us." laughed Sam awkwardly while pulling Annabeth away to the compartment he had found. Which to her luck, was right across from the Marauders

A/N: hi! this is my first ever story, i know this chapter was a little boring BUT hopefully my writing gets better over time :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841 24 14
Maisie Chadwick always wanted to feel at home. She'd never felt like she had a home, especially after a few tragic events unfolded in her life before...
1.7K 102 8
Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter franchise, but... Many people have heard of the McKinnon family. Marlene McKinnon was famous in her time at...
39.7K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
37.4K 894 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...