A very intriguing predicament...

By Ashen_Kitten04

She was quite an average person, good grades, liked spending her free time watching her favourite shows.But o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
35k!
Temporary Discontinument and Future Rewrite

Chapter 18

1.8K 109 23
By Ashen_Kitten04

Turns out that my injury wasn't that bad, all it needed was one kiss from Recovery Girl and I was sent back to the Classroom. Honestly, I was relieved that I didn't have to stay in the Nurses Office, that way I don't have to encounter Midoriya, All Might and Tsukauchi.

Because I don't know whether or not Tsukauchi will recognise me, and as far as I know all of the U.A. Teachers, excluding All Might, know that I'm from another dimension. I wonder why All Might hasn't been told of my situation? Or he has, and I haven't been told that he has been.

--------------------------

Walking into the Classroom I knew that I needed to explain what happened at the U.S.J. when Tomura called me by my first name. Sitting down at my desk, it wasn't long for Bakugo to march over as he slammed his hand down onto the desk.

" You owe us a God damn explanation Copy Cat! Why did that Hand Villain refer to you by your first name?! " Bakugo barked loudly.

Looking up at Bakugo, I answered him while looking him in the eye. " I didn't know that Tomura was a Villain before today, I had asked him to because I prefer to be referred to by my first name, we became friends over video games since it was something we both liked. Hell, we even hung out and played video games together. ". By now, everyone in the Class was listening.

" Tomura didn't know I go to U.A. I didn't mention it because I had wanted to surprise him when the Sports Festival happened. " I added. I mentally sighed in relief, I had made my explanation reasonable and made sense with my character.

For a while, it was deathly silent in the classroom.

" Aww! You two sound like you'd make a great couple, it's such a shame he is a Villain because I'd totally set up a date for you two! " Mina spoke as she hung her head back and let out a sigh. I slowly turned my head to face Mina, my normally stoic expression now was one of wide eyed confusion.

" We have known each other for barely a week, I think I'd prefer to at least be really close friends with a person before going on a date with them. Not to mention the obvious, he is a Villain and I am a Hero in training. " I stated.

It was quiet for a few seconds. " That reminds me, I don't think I managed to catch your quirk! Ashido, right? " I decided to deflect the conversation, pulling out my notebook of quirks from my bag and holding a pen as I approached her with a stare that showed enthusiasm.

Knowing Mina, she wouldn't pass up the opportunity to hold the conversation such as the social butterfly she is. " My quirk is Acid, I can produce a corrosive liquid from my body, I can change the solubility and viscosity. My skin is also resistant to it too, but only for a certain amount of time. " Mina answered with mirrored enthusiasm.

" I wonder what would happen if I imitated your quirk, would my skin turn pink in the areas I use it so I don't injure myself? I could test that, but just in case, Recovery Girl would need to supervise... " I began to mumble.

" Afterall, if my skin doesn't alter to be resistant in the same way Ashido's skin is, then the acid burns will need to be immediately treated by Recovery Girl. " As my train of thought continued, I began to bite at my thumbs fingernail.

Then I broke from my train of thought, " Sorry if I scared you, train of thought. Though I have to say, that is quite useful and versatile. But admittedly dangerous to people who are not you, you might need to be careful and add something to help treat acid burns as a precaution. " I spoke.

" Thanks! That's very nice coming from you, you wouldn't mind if I called you Kathryn, right? " Mina asked.

I smiled and gave her a dismissive wave, " I don't mind if anyone wants to call me that, I'll tell someone if I prefer them to call me by my last name. "I answered.

This seemed to make her smile brighten, how can she do that for so long? I can already feel my cheeks starting to hurt. " You know, I wouldn't mind if you sat with me at lunch. At first you looked like a carbon copy of Aizawa-sensei, but you do let your personality shine through on occasion! " Mina exclaimed.

" Speaking of, I never got to ask about Aizawa... " I spoke, my expression falling back to a stoic stare. I sighed, " I should have done more, if I trained more with those wings I could have pulled Aizawa out of that Nomu's reach using a feather... " I grumbled, my frustration increasing.

And I had an idea, Aizawa would still be in the hospital for a day or so. I can go to Gym Gamma tonight and practice with the quirks I know, I need to prepare for the Sports Festival.

" You couldn't have known that the U.S.J. was going to get attacked, we all were caught off guard. Aizawa-sensei wouldn't want you to blame yourself for what happened to him, only for you to learn from your mistakes. " Tsuyu spoke, I felt a hand pat my back.

I turned to face Tsuyu.

That's just the thing, I knew!! I know what is going to happen before it happens!! That's why I planned to help Aizawa, to prevent him from getting those injuries. But all I did was reveal my association with him and get injured too!!

How can Aizawa's current injuries not be my fault?! All that late night planning, and it all went to shit!!

I should have held my hand on the Nomu no matter what, I should have turned that damned thing into dust right then and there!

To hell with getting swatted away by the fucker, I should have held on like the most stubborn tick in the world. " Uh... Kathryn, your pen? " I broke out of my spiral of thoughts, confusion in my expression as I turned to face Mina who had just spoke.

Who pointed down at my hand which I had my pen in, my gaze followed downwards to my hand, the pen was gone... reduced to dust in my grasp. My teeth grit and my eyes widened, " God damnit... stupid train of thought mistaking thoughts for what Quirk I wanna use... " I hissed under my breath as I wiped the dust off of my hand.

--------------------------

The school day ended quickly, we were let out early and I headed back to Aizawa's apartment. The thought sunk in, Aizawa wouldn't be there today, or tomorrow... he's in the hospital recovering from his injuries.

The injuries I could have prevented or lessened.

Getting close, I paused upon seeing a familiar trench coat and fedora wearing guy standing outside the door to Aizawa's apartment. I continued walking, catching his attention as he turned to face me. " Long time no see... it's been like, quite a few months. " I started.

" Yes it has Walker, I was hoping to ask a few questions earlier but you were sent to Recovery Girl and then sent back to class. " Tsukauchi spoke as he removed his fedora and moved out of the way so I could open the apartment door.

"I'm taking a bet that this is going to be about the fact that I was referred to by first name by the head honcho of the U.S.J. attack? " I spoke as I unlocked the door, opening it and entering the apartment, petting Hitomi and giving her scratches behind the ears as she gently purred away.

I smiled, Hitomi actually quite enjoyed hanging out with me in my room, laying across my lap while I did research and occasionally at night to cuddle up to me when she didn't want to cuddle with Aizawa. " You can come in, Hitomi won't scratch unless you get close and she doesn't like you. " I chuckled.

" Right, you're correct, I do need to ask a few questions pertaining to your association to the leader of the attack. " Tsukauchi entered, putting his hat on the coat rack and sitting down on the couch.

I closed the door and sat down in the couch that faced him. "Ask away, " I spoke as I gestured for him to start.

" How did you first meet the leader of the attack? "

" First off, his name is Tomura, Tomura Shigaraki. I met him when I had gone to the park to clear my head and read my notebook on Quirks. I sat down at a bench and he sat down beside me and was playing a video game.

I broke the ice by asking about the game and we hit it off, talking about video games, my preference being ones that are apparently 'old' here.

We mainly just talked about video games, we made other bits of small talk, him asking about what school I go to when I brought up that I couldn't play video games due to school. But I had decided not to tell as we had just met.

He then asked about my opinion on Heroes. " I spoke.

This seemed to intrigue Tsukauchi who was writing it down as I spoke, " What did you say? " Tsukauchi inquired.

" I told him the truth, that I think that Heroes are human, just like everyone else. They have their fatal flaws in their character, that to think Heroes don't have flaws, or shouldn't is delusional. " I replied.

" After that, I asked him the same, but he looked awkward and so I dropped it as I didn't want to pressure him into answering. We exchanged names and said our 'see you soon's. After that, I only hung out with him once to play video games, which was when I met Kurogiri.

Kurogiri was nice to me, acting like Tomura's babysitter until I eventually had to go home. I was dropped off at the park by Kurogiri and went home. " I added.

" The next time I saw him was today when he showed up at the U.S.J. and that is everything, I had done a kind gesture when we were hanging out by making him a pair of gloves which only had three fingers and two missing fingers. " I finished.

Tsukauchi nodded as his hans was writing down the notes onto his notepad. When he had finished, he closed the notepad. " Does he know about your situation? " Tsukauchi asked.

I shook my head, no. " The only people who know, as far as I know, is: You, Aizawa, Kayama, Yamada, Nezu, Lunch Rush, Cementoss, Snipe, Ectoplasm and that is all. I don't know if Aizawa or Nezu have told All Might yet so I'll need to ask about that later. No one in my class knows, and neither does Tomura or Kurogiri. " answered with a straight face.

--------------------------

Soon, Tsukauchi left once he had finished his inquisition.

So I decided to get a bag ready to bring with me to Gym Gamma, when the sound of my phone ringing caught my attention. My phone rested on my bedside table and was alive, and vibrating.

Picking it up, I looked at the caller ID.

GAMER BOI IS CALLING.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 5.1K 65
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
7.2K 228 31
Izuku Modoriya always felt alone. Hidden behind his glasses, he stayed away from the world. The world was too dangerous. Too unpredictable. He hated...
503 20 12
Back story... (Y/n) (L/n), a sixteen year old girl who dreamt of becoming a hero all of the time. She was born in Japan and lived there for 3 years o...
5.5K 193 54
[COMPLETED] Heiress to the richest company in the world. The government of Japan has good relationships with your grandfather. It was the duty of the...