Somebody to Love- Queen/Fredd...

By mercuryscoolcat

As Queen had emerging success, Freddie meets a fashion designer, Arrietty, who had unbelievable talent. They... More

A/N
Prologue
One-
Two-
Three-
Four-
Six-

Five-

77 8 0
By mercuryscoolcat

August-7-1974

All she saw was the attractive man standing there, his hands on his hips and smiling. "Oh, uh, hi Freddie," Arrietty stopped and looked at him with great attention.

"I told you I'd come back, and it looks like I came here right on time," Freddie smiled at Arrietty and turned to Belle also greeting her, "Hello, miss."

"Excuse me, that would be a ma'am to you!" Belle jokingly said. Arrietty and Belle burst into laughter again. Freddie stood there, tilted his head, and faintly squinted his eyes in bewilderment, wondering why she had said that.

"Shh..." Arrietty shushed Belle, "I'm sorry Freddie, it was- it was a joke. It's 'cause this old lady thought she was all that and that's what she said just a few moments before- before you got here," Arrietty responded, laughing in between words.

"Yeah, I didn't mean that, sorry," Belle apologized.

"Oh no, it's ok. Was it that woman I saw that stormed off of the store with a fur coat hanging on her arms?" Freddie wondered.

"You saw her?" Arrietty asked laughing then realized she was too loud, "Ok, sorry, this is not an appropriate time to be laughing."

To his amusement, he loved her laugh. He listened to her laugh and never heard such an adorable thing. Enough to be very contagious. Freddie stretched a big smile upon his face, "No worries, I came here to check out more clothes, alright? I'll ask for your help if I need it." Arrietty looked into his eyes, nodded, and just thought why a stylish man like him would need her help.

"Uh, yes, certainly, " Arrietty responded still staring at his enchanting sharp eyes.

Freddie thanked her and soon walked around the store, hands behind his back, looking at all the clothing there was. The clothing went from plain, simple, solid-colored shirts, to semi-formal suits and dresses, pretty much anything. He picked up a few clothing he thought he liked and put them back. He looked at some hats on the display table he saw big brims, French berets, and Breton hats.

Meanwhile, Arrietty just stared at him. She really couldn't take her eyes off of him as he walked between the clothing stalls with such style. He moved with a hint of sophistication like no other person she ever saw before. Belle noticed this, like if Arrietty was in her world of thought, but didn't say a word to not interrupt her. Arrietty now could only see Freddie's back since he was already a bit farther from the cash register, where she was. To gain a better view, she just kept moving her head slightly to see him better from the distance, trying to make it not too obvious.

He kept wandering, looking in the mirror, and putting some clothes in front of his chest to see if they looked good on him. Being indecisive, he walked back just a little closer to Arrietty's location, his face and body more visible to her. He pretended to not know what to pick and being a few feet away from Arrietty, he raised his hand to capture her attention.

Arrietty kept thinking if she has been staring for too much when she heard Belle giggle. "Uh, would you do me the favor to-to, uh, help the customers when they come here to pay, Belle?" Arrietty asked, hinting at the singer.

"Why are you always the lucky one?" Belle whispered to her. Arrietty simply smiled and walked towards Freddie.

"Yes, Freddie? How may I help?" Arrietty asked as she got closer and stood in front of him, realizing he is taller than she remembered.

"Oh well, I just needed some assistance and company, I usually don't go many places without one of the boys, as I'm accustomed."

Arrietty chortled, "Ok sure, I- I'd love to help."

Freddie beckoned and lead Arrietty to a clothing stall where there was a black and white floral silk jacket. He grabbed it from the hanger and showed Arrietty.

"Well you see, I saw this nice jacket which I like... but I need a judge to tell me if it looks good on me," Freddie grinned.

She squinted her eyes a bit, "I don't think that's how customer service works around places like these. An employee doesn't, you know, just hang with the customer as if one was shopping with them," Arrietty over thought.

"I mean yeah, but don't tell me you'd rather be sitting at the cash register than being here with me," he playfully grinned at her.

Arrietty looked at the floor and sighed. She usually did this when she didn't know what to think and respond. But instead, she raised her head and nodded, "I guess so."

"Well then," he lifted the floral jacket again and asked, "What do you think, hm?"

She took a closer look at the jacket knowing it will fit her but not him, "Don't you think it's too small? Uh, this is women's clothing, which can explain why it's small."

Freddie looked around the stalls and hesitated, "There was no sign here so I just..." he looked at the jacket and back at the girl.

"I mean it's ok, it doesn't matter, does it," Arrietty stated it rather than asking. She then looked at the same clothing stall where he had found the silk jacket. She searched and found an extra-large jacket, of the same model, took off the hanger, and gave it to Freddie.

"I like your style anyway," Arrietty compliment, which caused him to form a slight grin. She strangely found it attractive what he wore, it suited him a lot and accentuated his mien.

"Thank you, but I like your style a lot better." Freddie scanned and pointed to Arrietty's stylish outfit.

"Oh, thank you. I bought it, in-in case you were wondering, I didn't make it."

"But you still look stunning in it, darling."

Arrietty blushed at his comment and looked down at the floor. Freddie, not wanting it to make it awkward, lifted her head with his hand and continued, "Well, tell me what you think, honey." He put on the floral silk jacket and left it unopened. He glanced at the mirror and asked her again what she thought.

"Absolutely beautiful," she replied.

Freddie hanged it in his arms, indicating that he was going to take it. "Any more suggestions? You can give me clothes you think will fit my likings and I'll take them."

Arrietty agreed then looked at some clothing she thought Freddie would like as he was also looking around. Arrietty collected some clothes and showed them to Freddie.

"Look, I think this would look great on you," Arrietty said as she gave the singer a black slightly tight trousers, a white shirt, a burgundy-colored overcoat, and black leather desert boots. What she had in mind was a bit different. "Try them on, I'll be back, let me get something else."

She went and left Freddie in the fitting room. They were all empty since there were not many people this day. Freddie closed the door and changed into the clothes Arrietty gave him. Once he did, he opened the door, stood there, and didn't see Arrietty anywhere in sight. He turned his head in all directions with no such luck. He turned back to the mirror inside the small room, leaving the door open, and checked how he appeared, which honestly wasn't his usual style, but liked it very much.

After a few moments, Freddie noticed the girl was behind him in the mirror and turned back, "You took quite a long time, dear."

"Yeah, sorry. Here," Arrietty gave him a black homburg hat. Freddie looked at the hat and put it on, accommodating it on his head. When he did, Arrietty took out a snood scarf from which she had been holding behind her back, got closer to Freddie just a few inches apart, and gently placed it around him. Freddie looked right into her glassy silver eyes, where he could stare at them for ages and still admire the beauty. Arrietty noticed his staring and felt her heart accelerate. She tried not to make direct eye contact as she fixed the scarf into the right position on his neck.

"Um, there you go. I know we're still in summer but fall is coming pretty soon, and I mean it's always cold here in London, anyway." Arrietty told him.

He smiled at her, showing a few of his teeth, and quickly tightened his lips together in an attempt to cover his teeth, in embarrassment. He turned back to the mirror where he could see the complete outfit. He liked it, a new look for him and a nice combination he thought.

Arrietty was right behind Freddie and observed at him through the mirror, not taking her eyes off him.

She thought he had such beautiful facial features, a very attractive man, at least she thought. His nose was slightly pointy that matched his other features. The fluffy layered hair no girl could possibly possess. His sharp jawline, the most attractive feature of his, which she liked. But, of course, there were also his eyes, the russet brown colored eyes that can make anyone hypnotized. Although, like most people, she always thought blue or green eyes were more beautiful than boring common eyes. But with Freddie's, there was something that pulled her like a magnet, changing her mind, and now saw that she fancies brown eyes too, well, his specially.

As soon as realization came in, she jumped back to reality. "Oh my, I'm not even supposed to be in here," she said as she noticed she was practically inside the fitting room with Freddie.

"It's ok," he moved his head in all directions as if searching for people, "Is your boss here?"

"No, not now, but-"

"Then it's fine, darling... Hey, I really like this," Freddie finally avowed and looked back at Arrietty, "I'll be buying this too."

"I'll leave you to change," was all she said and Arrietty left the room. Meanwhile, to not waste time, she started to arrange messy disorganized clothes.

Freddie changed back to his original clothing he came in. He got out and continued to shop for more clothing and got help from Arrietty. And as Freddie tried on suits, shoes, jeans, and anything between.

Arrietty thought about how everything fits his overall appearance. Any clothes that could be thrown at him would automatically make him stunning. it was not a matter of clothes, she thought it was his overall charisma.

"I think that's all, thank you for your help, really. I love the clothing you chose too, dear," Freddie thanked.

"Yeah, no problem," she smiled.

"Well, let me pay for this, alright?"

"Yes, let me lead you." They made their way to their destination, quiet through the way. As Arrietty and Freddie walked to the cash register, Belle was helping someone count the big amount of coins the customer was using to pay. Belle looked up to see both of them, raised her eyebrows, and mockingly smirked at Arrietty, knowing exactly how she felt at the moment. Arrietty rolled her eyes and Belle, distracted, looked back at the coins and shook her head, losing count.

"Sorry sir, I lost count," Belle told the young man. He sighed, and both got back to counting from the beginning.

Meanwhile, Arrietty got in front of the cash register as Freddie was handing her all of the items he was going to buy. He inspected the jewelry stand that was at the same table as the cash register. He grabbed metal bracelets and a chain and took a closer look. He put some on his wrist and stretched his arm further to see how it would look. Freddie took it off and gave it to Arrietty as she was scanning the last item. Arrietty looked at Freddie, chuckled, and scanned the bracelets and chain.

"Uh, your total will be three hundred and sixty-seven pounds," she thought for a while and proceeded to say, "Although I'm not allowed to give random discounts," she looked at Belle, hinting her to not say a single word to Ms. Haslet, "I'll let you pay less than half of it, one hundred will be fine."

"Oh darling, no. It's alright," Freddie got his wallet and took out five hundred pounds, which truthfully was all he had but was worth giving to her. "Here," he handed her the money and put back his wallet into his pocket

"Oh, Freddie this is too much. This is more than the total price," Arrietty reminded him.

"I'll pay full price and the rest is yours."

"Freddie, no, you don't have to." Arrietty attempted to give him back his money but Freddie closed her hands and pushed them back to her body.

"No arguing about this. Trust me, you deserve it, dear, you've been a big help," Freddie insisted.

"No, I'm serious, this isn't allowed, I think. Tips are meant for restaurants not for clothing shops."

Freddie looked unconvinced. Arrietty wanted to give him back his money but thought it would be silly if she even tried to keep convincing him, knowing he wouldn't give up. So she did as she was told and nodded. Arrietty put in the money, that he owed for the clothing, in the cash register and placed the rest of the money on the side. She then took all the clothing and put it all in a large bag for him to carry.

She sighed when she realized that he was already leaving although she didn't want him to. She enjoyed being with him, she got the chance to help him with his shopping, she felt privileged. Giving him the bag, she said, "Thank you for coming by, it was a pleasure helping you."

"I should be thanking you, dear. I loved being here and get the chance to talk to you," Freddie went silent for some seconds and asked, "Well, uh, since I had a good time, would you mind if, I don't know, would you like to... to go get coffee sometime, maybe?"

Arrietty felt rather surprised that Freddie was inviting her to get coffee, nothing too much, but it meant a lot to her. She quickly and confidentially, without a doubt answered, "Sure, I'd love to."

"Alright, how about next week on, Tuesday, maybe. Sorry, it's just that I got things to do, if not I would've made it sooner, you know?"

"Yes, of course, there's no problem. I actually don't work Tuesday, so it's perfect." As much as Arrietty tried to act as normal as possible, deep inside she was ecstatic. She kept thinking to herself: Did he find her that interesting for him to invite her somewhere? Or is he just doing it to be nice? Whatever it was, she was more than happy to accept.

"Great! Well, what about we go to... Crave Café, it's close here, that's why. Maybe, ten in the morning?"

"Yes, at ten it is!" She forgot to keep her tone neutral, instead, maybe said it too excitedly.

"Alright, then see you later," Freddie told Arrietty. She saw his last smile right before he walked to the front door of the store, and left. Arrietty spaced off for a few seconds when Belle snapped back.

"Hello?! Earth to Arrietty!" Belle mockingly ridiculed her.

"What... Are you already done counting the money? Did the customer leave?"

Belle laughed, "Yes, I was done when I heard you didn't want to take his money. You know I was here the whole time. I was kinda' third-wheeling, honestly. I've never seen you so distracted."

"What? I wasn't distracted. I was just..." and whispered a bit lowly, clutching her teeth so it wasn't audible enough, "captivated from his charm, is all, just like any other girl would." Arrietty said this rather embarrassed.

"Ok then, Ms. Mercury," Belle gibed.

"Shut up," Arrietty grunted and laughed. Although that doesn't sound bad.

A/N-

Thank you for reading!! More is coming.

Here's a little something :

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 308 37
When a young Queen fan unexpectedly meets the man of her dreams, they begin a friendship that slowly becomes love
104K 5.1K 62
Life can be tough. Everyone knows that. But what if you realise you have been making someone else's life hard? Do you pretend nothing happened or do...
88.2K 1.4K 38
Yes, I know there are many imagines out there but whatevs... Hope you enjoy! :) Did I mention this is my first ever book? I will not tolerate any hat...
4.2K 110 30
On one day Ella comes across her old classmate Roger Taylor. They never liked each other, actually hated. They get to know eachother better after all...