A very intriguing predicament...

By Ashen_Kitten04

She was quite an average person, good grades, liked spending her free time watching her favourite shows.But o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
35k!
Temporary Discontinument and Future Rewrite

Chapter 17

1.8K 101 19
By Ashen_Kitten04

I let out an internal sigh of relief when I heard the bellowing voice of All Might.

" I've been waiting, Hero. You're worthless trash. " Tomura spoke, I decided to use this opportunity, now that his attention was off of me and was now on All Might.

My gaze honed onto the unconscious body of Aizawa, quickly diving down but then landing softly, my focus was on Aizawa as I wasn't watching while All Might quickly came down to the plaza. Putting my hands and arms under Aizawa's neck and legs. I decided to use the quirk Strong Arms as I picked up Aizawa.

I turned, and saw All Might look at me as I held Aizawa. He then turned to the Nomu, before swiftly getting Midoriya, Tsuyu and Mineta out of harm's way. With Aizawa in my arms, I gently elevated myself and flew over to where All Might was.

" EVERYONE TO THE ENTRANCE. TAKE AIZAWA. HE'S UNCONSCIOUS, SO HURRY!! " All Might spoke.

" Huh?! Wait?! What?! So fast...!! " Mineta exclaimed.

Turning to face All Might, I watched as Tomura went and grabbed the hand of his Father which had bee knocked to the floor. " Ahhhhhh... No good... I'm sorry...! Father... ".

He then put it back over his face as he began to scratch again. " Throwing punches to save people... ha ha ha. That's our state-sponsored violence. You're fast. Too fast to keep up with, but not as fast as expected. Could it really be true...? That you're getting weaker...? " Tomura spoke as he began to grin.

" It's no use, All Might!! That Brain Villain!! One for- I mean, my attack wasn't strong enough to break my own arm, but...He didn't even flinch!! Up against that, you... " Midoriya spoke, I could hear him, including his slight slip up.

However, Midoriya was interrupted by All Might. " MIDORIYA . KID. FEAR NOT! " All Might gave Midoriya a kawaii gesture as he smiled. I fought off the urge to gag right there and then, deciding to turn my head away and have my back to the fight as I hovered.

Because to hell if I am going to try and stand on my injured ankle when I can use a nice pair of Vermillion feathered wings. I blocked out everything as I began to lift myself higher and make a beeline for the Entrance.

Afterall, I already knew what would happen. So I might as well just quickly get Aizawa to the Entrance so he can get medical attention. I flew at a reasonable speed, being mindful that I couldn't go too fast and risk agitating his injuries due to air resistance while not going at a snail's pace either.

Getting to the Entrance, I laid down Aizawa as gently as I could. " Good... Aizawa is out of harm's way. " I muttered under my breath with a sigh of relief and a glad smile. Getting to my feet, I grit my teeth at the pain in my ankle, quickly going to hover.

I turned and saw what was currently happening in the plaza. Bakugo had just pinned down Kurogiri, Todoroki and Kirishima arrived there as well. Stretching my wings, I quickly went up high as I began to essentially dive in towards the fight once more. I might be injured, but I can still fight.

Hovering a few inches off the ground, I made sure not to land. Knowing that it would agitate my injured ankle, " You've pinned down our way out... Well... this is a problem... " Tomura spoke. But the his gaze went over towards me.

" And I see you're back in the fight again Kathryn... that quirk you're using is awfully irritating... " Tomura added. Upon that comment, I noticed that Bakugo, Kirishima and Todoroki gave me a quick glance upon Tomura referring to me by my first name... I'm definitely going to have to explain that later...

Bakugo had Kurogiri pinned down as he had his hand tensed and pushing down onto Kurogiri's neck brace. " You slipped up, you bastard! And it's just like I thought! The parts you can turn into that foggy warp gate are limited! And, you're using that misty crap to hide your real body, yeah?! Am I right?! " Bakugo spoke as he looked down at Kurogiri.

" If your whole body was mist and physical attacks didn't work... you'd never say, "That was a close one" !! " Bakugo added. Kurogiri tried to move, making a light groan as he tried.

But Bakugo was quick to react, " Don't move!! If I decide you're doing anything fishy... I'll blow you straight to Kingdom come!! " Bakugo barked as he leaned in to threaten Kurogiri while holding up his gloved hand which had one of his gauntlets on it.

" That's not very Hero-like dude... " Kirishima spoke.

" Don't do that Bakugo... unless you'd like to be in prison for 1st degree murder. " I added as I glanced over at Bakugo.

He turned to face me, " Says you Copy Cat!! And mind telling us why that Villain just referred to you by your first name!! " Bakugo shouted back at me.

" I'll explain that later, but now isn't the best time. " I turned to the direction of Tomura as I grit my teeth. I'll have to explain this to the entirety of Class 1A, Nezu, the Police and the Teachers of U.A. I'll tell a white lie, but it'll have to make sense.

" Not only have you beaten our level, but you're at full health... Today's kids really are something... our League of Villains should be ashamed...! " Tomura began, then he turned to face the Nomu. " Nomu. Take out the Explosive Brat. We need our escape route back. " Tomura added.

The Nomu began to strain, pulling itself up as it cracked and the frozen half of it began to shatter and crumble away as it wobbled in one leg. My gaze snapped over to it, reaching up for my capture weapon while being on guard.

" HIS BODY'S FALLING APART, BUT... HE'S STILL MOVING...?! GET BACK EVERYONE!! WHAT THE...?! I THOUGHT HIS QUIRK WAS SHOCK ABSORPTION. " All Might spoke as he gestured for us to get back. The flesh of the Nomu quickly burst out as it began to regenerate the lost half of its body.

" I don't remember saying that's all he can do. This is Hyper-Regeneration. Nomu is a super-powered living sandbag designed to withstand everything you've got. " Tomura spoke as the Nomu then quickly charged towards Bakugo with a raised fist. It was going faster than I could keep up with.

But I knew what had happened... thanks to my knowledge from the Manga. All Might quickly leaped, moving Bakugo out of the way and taking the hit for him. " Kaachan!! " Midoriya shouted as we were hit by the shockwave, my hair wipping back and I grit my teeth as the wind made my ankle sting as I was forced back by the force of it.

" Kaachan?! " Midoriya exclaimed as he saw a stunned Bakugo beside him. " You dodged that?! Wow...! " Midoriya spoke with shock and awe.

" I didn't. Shut up, you. " Bakugo spoke as his expression morphed into frustration.

But then, we turned to see All Might in Bakugo's place, he had his arms raised in defence. It was clear to see that he had taken the hit for Bakugo. " This guy doesn't know how to hold back... " All Might coughed as a spurt of blood came from his mouth.

There were tread mark's from where All Might had skidded to a halt. " Anything to save a comrade, right? Just like earlier when, uh... that one... that plain one. He came at me with everything he had. But violence in the name of others is admirable? Isn't it, Hero? " Tomura began as the dust cleared.

" You know what, All Might? That pisses me off! Heroes and Villains thrive on violence, but we're still categorised. "You're good." "You're evil." That's how it is!! Symbol of Peace? Hah!! In the end you're just  a tool for violence, made to keep us down! And violence only breeds more violence. I'll show the world that by killing you! " Tomura ranted.

" WHAT A LOAD OF HOOEY. IDEALISTIC CRIMINALS HAVE A DIFFERENT SORT OF FIRE IN THEIR EYES. BUT YOU'RE JUST ENJOYING YOURSELF, YOU BIG LIAR. " All Might spoke. And I could see the sneer that Tomura was giving All Might through the hand on his face.

" You got me. Saw right through... " Tomura muttered out.

I quickly thought up a plan, Tomura's fighting style is a lot like how he plays a game; he rushes in to clear the level with brute force. When we played together, I was the one who thought of how we could take on the boss while taking as little damage as possible while factoring in the occasional hit taken and memerized the boss's attack pattern after a few fails at beating the boss. " It's three-on-six. " Todoroki spoke.

" But Kaachan showed us The Mist Man's weak point...!! " Midoriya added.

" These are some brutal dudes, but with us supporting All Might... We can beat' em back!! " Kirishima spoke as he had his arms raised and he looked determined, ready to fight.

" The Hand Villains quirk is dangerous, don't let him get close enough to put all five fingers on you. " I spoke up as I landed onto the ground, balancing on my good foot as I decided to switch to using Cementos' quirk as I knelt down and put my hand on the ground as I knew the floor was made from cement.

" NO!! GET OUT OF HERE. " All Might bellowed as he gestured for us to step back as he had his arm held out.

But, Todoroki decided to speak up. " Things wouldn't have gone well if I hadn't just stepped in. ".

" All Might, you're bleeding... And I think your time's u- ah... " Midoriya added.

" RIGHT YOU ARE TODOROKI!! SO THANKS FOR THAT!! BUT FEAR NOT!! SIT BACK AND WATCH A PRO GET SERIOUS!! " All Mightspoke as he clenched his fist.

My gaze went over All Might as it landed on Kurogiri, the Nomu and Tomura. " Nomu. Kurogiri. Take him. I'll handle Kathryn and the kids. " Tomura spoke.

And he quickly lunged towards us as he began to run at us. " Let's clear the game and go home! " Tomura spoke, my eyes narrowed and my gaze sharpened.

" He's coming. Get ready, guys!! " Kirishima exclaimed.

Quickly taking in a large breath, I quickly made the cement ground between Tomura and Kirishima quickly rise and bend around in the reverse of how a bubble would pop. " Your fighting style is the same as how you fight an enemy or Boss in a game, you rush in head on and try to overpower your foe before they can attack back. " I spoke as I saw Tomura skid to a stop and leap back a few times, dodging my attack and avoiding getting trapped into a cement bubble.

" He's got shock absorption... you already saw it yourself. " Tomura spoke.

" THAT'S RIGHT!! " All Might spoke as his and the Nomu's fists began to slam against each other as they threw blow after blow at one another in quick succession. The shockwave from their attacks caused a strong wind to pick up the dust around them. The winds had such force I fell onto my left side.

I slightly hissed as I landed on my ankle and felt the stinging increase to feeling like a stabbing pain. " IT'S "ABSORPTION," NOT "NEGATION"!! SO HE MUST HAVE A LIMIT, NO?! BUILT TO COUNTER ME, YOU SAY?! MADE TO WITHSTAND EVERYTHING I'VE GOT?! THEN I'LL JUST GO BEYOND THAT!! " All Might loudly bellowed as the Nomu and him kept on matching each other blow for blow.

And I watched with wide eyes, the manga could never have portrayed just how epic the sight was. " A HERO'S ALWAYS READY TO SMASH THROUGH TROUBLE! TELL ME VILLAIN. DO YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF... PLUS... ULTRA!! " All  Might spoke as he punched the Nomu so hard, it flew through the air and broke through the roof of the building, and it kept on going...

I watched with wide eyes and my mouth agape, twitching with a smile as a thought screamed at me, to ask All Might what his quirk is so I could use it myself.

" Like straight outta the comics. He just smashed his way past the absorption. The Ultimate Bruiser... And against that power... the Regeneration  wasn't able to keep up with that rush of attacks... " Kirishima spoke as we looked in awe as the dust began to disperse.

Showing is a still smiling All Might, despite the steam coming from his body and the obvious grazes and blood coming from his mouth and injury from the Nomu digging its claws into his chest. " WELL, VILLAIN. HOW ABOUT WE HURRY UP AND FINISH THIS? " All Might stepped over and turned to face Tomura.

Tomura began scratching at his neck again, and God was I tempted to yell at Tomura to stop scratching otherwise I'd place a dog cone around his neck like I had threatened to the other night.

" You cheated...! You've weakened? Not that I can see... were completely outmatched. How dare you do that to my Nomu... You cheated...! He's not weak at all!! They... they lied to me!! " Tomura spoke as he scratched more and more at his neck, he was scratching like a dog does when it has fleas.

" WELL? COMING TO GET ME?! WHAT HAPPENED TO CLEARING THE GAME...? IF YOU CAN TAKE ME, THEN BRING IT ON!! " All Might bellowed as he glared at Tomura, however... I knew that it was just talk coming from All Might. One move... and he'll revert to his skinny form. He's bluffing...

Getting to my feet, I just grit my teeth and ignored the pain in my left ankle. " Right... we're not ready for this level yet... " Todoroki spoke.

" Midoriya! Walker! We oughta just hang back for now. Rush in and they might take you hostage or something... " Kirishima spoke as he reached out for Midoriya.

" WELL? WHAT'S KEEPING YOU?! " All Might bellowed out once more.

My gaze was sharp as I looked at All Might, from this distance, it would be difficult to see All Might's light trembling. He was barely holding himself together, " He's bluffing... " I mumbled under my breath, Midoriya's eyes quickly snapped over to me.

I turned my head slightly in Midoriya's direction, his eyes were on me. But then they quickly flickered back to All Might.

" If only we still had Nomu!! If only!! He was taking those hits so well...! " Tomura angrily spoke as he began to scratch more violently at his neck.

" Tomura Shigaraki... Calm yourself.  It's apparent that Nomu did manage to deal some real damage. " Kurogiri began as he consoled Tomura. " The kids are holding back for some reason. And reinforcements from the School are bound to arrive in a few minutes. But if the two of us double-team him, we still have a chance... " Kurogiri explained.

This stopped Tomura's scratching, " Yes... yes, yes... Right... tight... right... We can do this... The Final Boss is standing right there..." Tomura spokas he let out a breath.

" All Might'll take care of the big bads. Let's go see if we can help the others... " Kirishima spoke as he and the other, other than Midoriya and I, began to walk away. But,  I saw as Kirishima turned to Midoriya and I, his gaze lowered as saw my ankle. " Walker! Let me carry you, your ankle is hurt! " Kirishima spoke as he approached me.

While, Todoroki looked at the nervously sweating Midoriya, " Midoriya. ".

" I'm... the only one who knows... Thinking about it, the mist guy's probably the more dangerous one... and All Might's probably at his limit...! If the mist manages to suck him in... " Midoriya murmured.

" This is... revenge for a Nomu. " Tomura spoke as he and Kurogiri charged towards All Might.

But... then Midoriya quickly jumped towards All Might, kicking off with a burst of One for All in his leg. My eyes widened, I quickly dropped as I placed my hand down, using Cementos' quirk.

" Get away from... All Might! " Midoriya shouted as he went to punch Kurogiri but Tomura's hand emerged from Kurogiri and was heading towards Midoriya.

BANG!

A bullet quickly went through Tomura's hand, my head quickly snapped over to the Entrance as we saw Snipe, gun in hand as some smoke drifted from it. " Sorry everyone. We're a little late. We brought everyone we could. " Nezu spoke.

" President of Class 1A, Tenya Ida!! Reporting for duty!! " Ida shouted as he was surrounded by every teacher in U.A. alongside him.

" Ahhh, they're here... game over. Guess we gotta try again another time, Kurogiri... " Tomura spoke.

But was cut off as he was soon showered in bullets as Snipe fired at him, to which Kurogiri quickly swirled around to protect Tomura and covering him as they began to disappear while Thirteen tried to suck up Kurogiri into her Quirks black hole.

" I may have failed here, Symbol of Peace... But the next time we meet... you're Dead All Might. " Tomura spoke as he and Kurogiri then dissapeared. I let out a sigh as I fell back and sat down.

My gaze went over to where Midoriya and All Might were, my eyes narrowed as I saw that All Might was skinny.

Good thing my visor has black tinted glass, I don't think that Midoriya or All Might particularly noticed that I am looking at them right now. " Our teachers... All those Pros, gathered here. Looks like there was no attack on the School itself. Midoriya!! You okay?! " Kirishima exclaimed as he began running over to Midoriya and All Might.

So, I decided to raise my head at Midoriya and All Might, I gave them a thumbs up with a smile. I saw Midoriya and All Might's faces shift to panic at me.

Then a tall wall blocked our view of Midoriya and All Might. I let out a chuckle, would Midoriya and All Might mention that I had seen them from all the way from where I was? " We need to make sure all you students are safe, so head over to the gate. I'll deal with the wounded. " Cementos spoke.

" Makes sense! Roger that!! " Kirishima spoke as he ran back over to Bakugo and Todoroki, though, his eyes widened as he looked at me. Taking off my visor, I rubbed my dry eyes as I just now noticed this.

Grabbing the eyedrops from my utility belt, I hydrated my dry eyes with a sigh of satisfaction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.7K 4.3K 72
Mirianne Shotomoto has a mother with a tough set of morals. Being the arch-nemesis of Endeavor, her mother, Nightmare, actively searched for ways of...
130K 4.2K 52
"I can see it, too, Toshi, hope. A light like yours.. Those two have the heart of a Hero" βž½β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β₯ With 80% of the world's population obtain...
215K 6.1K 39
this book is a total joke btw i didn't take it super seriously while writing to the point it's embarrassing lol completed β€’Intro β€’30 chapters β€’Hal...
3.8K 141 30
Despite not having the best quirk for hero work you decide to apply to U.A anyway and unknowingly become the one and only candidate to inherit One Fo...