Expectations // Soukoku

De zelouqin

Dazai Osamu does everything just to meet his parents' expectations Then Nakahara Chuuya turns his whole life... Mais

1 // The way it goes
2 // Call
3 // Plans
4 // The mall
5 // Free food
6 // School, school, school
7 // Company
8 // It's my life
9 // Not one bit
10 // Then you showed up
12 // Coffee dates (Update!)
13 // Pretend all you want
14 // 3AM
15 // Cloudy dreams over the river
16 //My dopamine (lips like a masterpiece)
17 // Water flows in only to flow out
18 // Share it with you all day long
19 // Your smile (brightened up my days)
20 // Flowers blooming in me (END)

11 // So... What now?

2.1K 100 29
De zelouqin

Oop, ya boi been busy with sum K and C dramas

Seriously tho y'all gotta watch the Crash landing on you, it's so good

Cover: Xiao Zhan as Wei Wuxian in 'The Untamed'

---------

Chuuya groggily opened his eyes and yawned. He looked at the ceiling and then his eyes slowly closed again. There was a source of warmth that he had snuggled into while sleeping and he wanted to be drowned in the nice feeling it gave him, so he cuddled the soft warmth, snuggling against what seemed to be a shirt. He let out a quiet hum of satisfaction. Then something wrapped around him. Pulling him closer with a firm yet in a way soft grip. That's when he realised what was happening.

Chuuya's eyes shot open and he quickly pushed Dazai away in embarrassment. He was blushing from ear to ear and tried to cover it up by hiding his face in the soft pillow beneath him. He carefully glanced at Dazai from the cushion. Dazai looked clueless about what just happened. But seeing Chuuya peeping from the pillow made him chuckle. "What're you doing?", Dazai asked, his voice coarse from just having woken up.

Chuuya felt his face get even warmer. He grabbed the pillow's edges and tried to cover his whole head with it. "Shut up, Dazai!" Chuuya yelled from inside his pillow. And then there was silence. Chuuya finally released his grip on the pillow and rolled onto his side, facing Dazai. "I didn't think you'd actually shut up..." Chuuya mumbled apologetically.

Dazai smiled and said: "You sounded so serious I thought it was best to let you have a moment." 

Chuuya rolled his eyes. "Stop taking everything so seriously, you dork." He said as his eyes went back to meet Dazai's. And frankly, that was a mistake. Chuuya gulped as he stared into Dazai's eyes. They seemed so intimidating at first but the way he was looking at Chuuya was so warm. Chuuya found his words to be stuck in his throat and he couldn't move his gaze. It felt like Dazai had turned him into stone on the spot. Like a superpower in a way.

If given the choice they would've just laid there until the end of time, but that wasn't up to them. Just as Dazai reached out to move a strand of hair that had fallen on Chuuya's face, the door opened. "Breakfast is ready," Kouyou said in a stern tone. She seemed protective of her son. And not quite fond of Dazai. Chuuya immediately jumped up from the bed and told her that they would be there in 5. Then Kouyou left, but not before giving Dazai a stern glance.

Dazai sat up and moved to the edge of the bed. "Now I know who you get your cold stare from.", He said with a chuckle.

Chuuya turned to look at him with clear confusion. "What do you mean?" He asked.

Dazai shook his head. "Nothing, let's get ready. I'm starving."

Breakfast went just as you'd expect it to. Kouyou kept giving Dazai some weird looks at first but once he saw how the boy had great manners she softened up a bit. Meanwhile, Chuuya was completely oblivious as always.

After eating they went back to Chuuya's room and sat on the bed. Both were scrolling through social media on their phones. Chuuya closed his phone and put it down on the white covers. "So, anything you wanna do?" He asked in obvious boredom.

Dazai looked up from his phone and then back at it with a shake of his head. "Not really," he said in a quiet voice like he wasn't paying attention.

Chuuya snatched his phone in frustration to see what kept him so distracted. His eyes went wide. "Wha- How did you even find my Instagram page?!" He yelled and looked at Dazai who felt exposed and kind of betrayed.

Then Dazai smirked and said: "I just searched up your name out of boredom and found it. Your feed is very aesthetic though, hot pics!" He winked and Chuuya blushed.

"I-", He tried to start. "Umm... Well, thanks, I guess..." He said nervously as he tightly held on to Dazai's phone.

"Hey, I have an idea!" Chuuya suddenly said. "Since you looked through my stuff already, what about I get to look through some of yours as well." He explained, clearly proud of having come up with it.

Dazai shook his head and immediately replied with a cold: "No."

Chuuya just smirked. "Oh, come on, Osamu! It can't be that secretive!"

But Dazai's answer was set in stone... Only to be crushed to bits -as if hit by lighting- after Chuuya got close to his face and whispered please five times in a row. And that, that had a big effect on Dazai. If he didn't know any better he might have suspected having a chronic heart disease with the way his heart was banging against his ribcage. "Fine!" Dazai had yelled after he moved his head to the side, giving up but heart still wild as a stray dog (no pun intended). Chuuya had then pecked his cheek with a vicious smile and plopped back to his previous seating on the bed, the phone still in his hands from previously snatching it.

First, Chuuya scrolled through Dazai's gallery. He wanted to find some embarrassing photos -possibly even blackmail material- but Dazai didn't even have a single photo of himself on the entire device. "Have you ever taken a selfie?" Chuuya asked, looking stunned.

Dazai thought about it for a second and then shook his head. "Nope. Haven't felt the need to." He said with his lips slightly curved up in what appeared to be a fake smile. Chuuya decided not to push it as he figured it might have been a sensitive topic for Dazai. So he merely nodded with a small frown. His eyes drifted over to the bandages wrapped around Dazai's arms. Chuuya's eyes went dark as he could only imagine what was hidden underneath. But again, he decided against saying anything about the matter. Dazai seemed to notice the concern in Chuuya's eyes though. And gave him a warm smile as if to reassure that it was nothing to worry about — even if deep inside both of them knew that was untrue.

The sound of some sort of classical piano song broke the silence like a knife cutting through indium. Chuuya felt the phone in his hands start to vibrate. Caught off-guard, he answered the call almost instinctively, like he forgot the phone wasn't his. "Hello?" He greeted, his voice filled with curiosity.

"Hello. Is Dazai there?" A monotone voice said back to him.

From what Chuuya could gather just from the tone; the person calling sounded like an extremely strict person. "Yes of course, sorry," Chuuya mumbled awkwardly and handed the phone to Dazai, who took the phone and left the room to continue the call. Before Dazai stepped out Chuuya could see the immediate degradation in Dazai's mood.

A good five minutes passed before Dazai came back into the room, and now he looked even upset than when he was leaving. Chuuya was hesitant to ask why the call made Dazai look so troubled but he eventually did once Dazai sat back down. "I don't really get along with my parents. They asked me to come over next weekend." Dazai had explained straightforwardly. Chuuya could only nod at that as he was worried that saying the wrong thing might put salt in a wound.

"I could come with you so it wouldn't be so horrible" Chuuya eventually said after a 'genius realisation' he'd had. And Dazai had looked like anything he might have wanted to say got stuck in his throat.

It went dead silent. 

"I- Umm- Huh?" Dazai finally managed to stutter out. Chuuya couldn't really grasp what Dazai was thinking just from his face so it was hard to tell whether this was a good or bad reaction.

"I could come with you," Chuuya repeated, more confident in his idea this time. Dazai had met his mum so it wouldn't be so weird for him to meet Dazai's parents too right?

And once again Dazai was left looking dumbfounded. He cleared his throat and looked away with a hint of sadness clouding his brown eyes. "I don't know. My parents have always been kinda strict." He said, sounding kind of... disappointed?

Chuuya placed a hand on Dazai's shoulder and put on a bright smile. "Exactly. That's why I want to come! So you'll have someone to protect you from them."

Dazai looked back at Chuuya and his lips curved up in a smile against his will. This was too good of an opportunity for teasing Chuuya to miss out on. "As if someone as short as Chuuya could ever 'protect' me." Dazai voiced teasingly with a big grin on his face. It genuinely surprised Chuuya that even at a time like this Dazai could still tease him. And it must have been the first time but... Chuuya laughed. Instead of getting mad. He laughed.

Dazai's heart skipped a beat when he saw Chuuya laugh at something he said. His chest felt tight and his face hot. It might have been the first time he'd ever made Chuuya laugh. Something had to be wrong. This couldn't be the real Chuuya. Maybe it was an impostor trying to get close to his family for money. The real Chuuya would never laugh at his short jokes. Right?

Or maybe he was thinking too much into it. Perhaps Chuuya was laughing at the ways he could murder Dazai right then and there was his poor choice of timing for teasing.

All that tossed aside Dazai did approve of Chuuya coming with him after a little bit of thought. Was it the mistake of the century? He would soon find out.

------------

YES I FINISHED IT

Today's chapter was inspired by the works of sarah-yyy on Tumblr

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

61.7K 2.1K 15
''You used yourself as bait .'' Dazai couldn't see the problem here. What's the shorty upset about ? ''You could've died YOU IDIOT !'' Chuuya snappe...
151K 6.4K 45
Dazai x Isekaid OC "For Dazai-san, I can light the world up in flames, and you think I can't kill myself a second time?" Synopsis: Waking up in the w...
14K 511 9
''It... it wasn't you...'' That was the worst way possible to break the truth to him. On a job in Hiroshima, Chuuya was drunk. He had a one-night-sta...
42.4K 1K 20
What if Soukoku went to a highschool? . Chuuya is a loner at school. He doesn't have any friends and doesn't get good grades. Dazai is a transfer st...