𝐎𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬

By Lancaliii

Opposites More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
33.5
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
45.5
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
60.5
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Fanart

37

215K 9.8K 73K
By Lancaliii

Thank you for the support. Leave me pretty analytical comments hehe. <3

Remember to click the little star at the bottom :)

***

P A R T 2

Becoming your own person is something most people learn from the time they know what a person is. They live and breathe for themselves, build their own goals, and want to achieve their own desired futures.

It took you a little longer.

Approximately sixteen years longer.
But once you felt the weight of all your burdens fall from your shoulders- when you re-discovered your sibling, lost your power to realize its value, got it back, and even found someone to fight alongside with...

Standing alone didn't seem so frightening anymore.

Your quirk may have taken its sweet time healing itself, but when it did return, it did so with a vengeance. Never again would it left itself be defeated by something so measly as ice and fire.

It resurfaced slowly, then all at once, perhaps just at an opportune time, but also- you wondered staring down at your bruises suddenly disappearing; if it came back to protect Bakugo. Afterall, nervous systems act on hormones, signals, all of that. Maybe it associated him with someone who made you feel safe, someone who was needed. And when he was in his own sort of panic brought on by his nightmares- it let you know it was there if you needed- even for someone else.

After you spent that night together, in your bed, in each other's own little world for a few hours, you woke to find your quirk was still there. And Bakugo too... His bare chest rising and falling, half covered in the bedsheets, one of his hands spread across your stomach as he kept you close even in his sleep.

Now that you had your quirk back, all it took was gazing his way and you knew he was okay. Could hear his heart, feel his breaths, everything even without touching him.

It was like that for the rest of the internship. Everyday, you felt the small skills you thought you lost come back to you. Observing a single invisible reaction in the air, playing around with it, picturing it, controlling it. It made you sigh in relief as slowly, but surely your quirk got back in the swing of things.

You little bastard. You thought with a smile, dressed in your hero costume during training with Jeanist as you once again could hear the world without any hindrance. You just needed a little time, huh?

As if answering you, a blow of wind passed through your hair, and by instinct you put up an arm to feel its contents, to revel in the knowledge that unlike everyone else in the world you could hold that wind in your hands... Talk about not knowing what you have until you lose it.

There was more though. Confirming your suspicions, it was stronger now. It tore itself apart only to rebuild itself with just... more. Like a broken bone growing back harder to never break again. Everything was far more organized now when you felt the sensations and the noise become information. It was easier to control almost instantly. And if you wanted to change a single reaction with your thoughts, changing the rest surrounding became an automatic reflex.

You kept what Bakugo taught you in mind. That everything was a win to rack up- to just keep working, keep fighting, to strike first. And over the days, everything seemed to fall into place.

Even Jeanist noticed while he was training you- how far more alive you seemed, more motivated. You ate more, your muscles grew faster, you ran further, you even smiled more.

Only issue was once the internship was over, he didn't overlook the fact that Bakugo's room had enough food charges for two people and your room had none. Add the noise complaints and it wasn't difficult for him to connect the dots.

You got scolded.

Of course when you tried to deny anything ever happened for both yours and Bakugo's sake, the fucker sort of threw you under the bus as he couldn't stop smirking. You weren't sure why you didn't expect him to be a smug asshat when Jeanist implied that you two... yeah- he was too proud of his little conquest to not get slapped on the arm.

Despite that fiasco, Jeanist still pulled you aside after the week was over. Said he was impressed by how much you'd progressed in only seven days. Said you did good with patrols and were starting to get more comfortable talking to people as a soon-to-be-hero. It was his own fault he got hugged when he said he was proud of you...

The train ride home with Bakugo was quiet.
But a good kind of quiet too.

For the first time in forever, you listened to music, bought a cheap pair of earbuds at the station and just let the music flow through your ears with a smile on your face. Bakugo sat besides you, his chin in his palm as he stared out the window. Subtly, every now and then, he'd interlace your fingers with his, caress your knuckles with this thumb.

Maybe he was just glad that gesture was no longer a way to pretend you were his. Glad it was an affirmation, a reassurance.

He was still afraid. Still a tad inhibited when it came to whatever you two were now. But he didn't want to let your hand go. Though you had to reassure him, you wouldn't let go either. Something about that made him feel safe.

The unsaid agreement that no one could know about your little relationship and what happened remained unsaid. But it didn't need saying. You both valued each other enough to know it. And in any sense, though you'd both work harder than anyone to be heroes- what happened behind closed doors wouldn't change that.

When you got back to the city, Shoto and Fuyumi were waiting at the station. Her with a big smile on her face, Shoto with a tiny, little-bit-forced one. You jumped to hug Shoto so fast the poor boy fell over. Fuyumi almost did too, but you were careful to be gentle with her.

Bakugo walked up behind you as you tackled your poor sibling, the promise you made to not make a scene going out the window.

"Hello," Your older sister wiped her jacket off in the aftermath of your affectionate assault. "I'm Fuyumi, I'm Y/n's uh-"

"Yeah, you're the sister." Bakugo grumbled, his hands in his pockets. "She doesn't shut up about you."

He gave a side-eye to the sight of Shoto taking your bag and undergoing an attack of platonic forehead kisses. Scoffing, he held his hand out bruskly, as if he was displeased to be here, but hey no one made him stay so; "Katsuki Bakugo."

"Oh, yes!" Fuyumi said gladly, shaking his hand, "The boyfriend."

"Heh?"

"SHOTO!" You yelled in embarrassment, overhearing Bakugo and Fuyumi's introductions. When the two of them looked over, you were smacking him on the head, the poor kid trying to dodge every which way as he got punished for his assumptions and telling Fuyumi things he was told not to say.

After you squabbled for a bit, you finally calmed down and looked back at Bakugo. He stood there, holding his bag and suddenly all the memories of that week with him came flooding back. Made you nostalgic and a tad... happy? too?

"See you at school, Katsuki." You said, your smile resembling a smirk too much for him to not get annoyed.

"Mm." He hummed in agreement nodding his head and turning to say goodbye to Fuyumi.

Shoto tapped your shoulder and whispered nosely, "Why didn't you kiss him goodbye?"

He didn't learn did he. First telling his siblings that you were dating Bakugo before you were even aware you had feelings for him and then assuming things like that, who the heck did he think he was!?

"Shoto, I already told you," you whispered back, "He's not- hmph!"

You were interrupted as Bakugo grabbed you by the waist from behind, turned you around, and pressed his lips to yours.

Shoto smirked at the sight, crossing his arms and giving an "i told you" sort of look at Fuyumi who was trying to politely look away.

When Bakugo finally tore his mouth away, you had to blink a few times from how roughly and without warning he'd kissed you. He put you back down, a neutral expression on his face as he shoved your earbuds in your hand, swiping his thumb across your knuckles one last time.

"Don't forget your shit on the train, idiot."

With that, he poked your cheek playfully and started on his walk home.

Of course he has to pass the smug looking Todoroki too proud of himself for knowing about each of your feelings even before either of you did.

"Tell anyone and I kill you, get it Icy Hot?" He growled up at him.

Todoroki's smile didn't fade as he nodded with a little, "Mhm."

Watching him walk away, you could only think about what he was feeling. Probably the same type of quiet joy you felt. Still a little insecure about his own abilities, his own drive to get better.

Maybe with this internship he swore he hated every minute of, except those moments in each other's rooms, he actually learned something. You hoped that would help him with his little self-deprecating habit of comparing himself to others in the end.

Anyway, he was probably happy to be back in his own bed, with his own family.

You were.

That night, you and Shoto talked about your internships for what seemed like forever, each of you bragging and going over the things you saw and did. Natsuo came home for the night, brought ingredients to make soba from scratch. Fuyumi helped of course as the three of you had no idea where to even start making that kind of thing. In any case, it was fun. It was a night filled with laughter and tiresome conversations.

And for the first time in a long time, that house finally felt like home.

***

"There's only one week left during your final exams. I'm sure you're all studying constantly, right?"

Anxiety would've crawled up your spine like a bug at the sound of Aizawa saying those words. At least a weeks ago it would've.

You were back in class again. And those classes were slow and training was fast, but at least you'd had your quirk back for about a month now. Your hearing too. You'd trained almost everyday. You knew your power and how to use it like the back of your hand. Made you nearly smirk up at your teacher in response to his little warnings about the practical.

"Don't forget to keep training." He went on, the rest of the class quiet and listening. "The written exam is only one element."

The training exercise from the day before was a clear test of where everyone stood in terms of skill when it came to their quirks. Three groups of you had to race against one another and the clock, across an industrial ground. Most people used their quirks to go faster, test their speeds.

Not you though. While you observed other groups and even took part, the only thing you could think was that speed was your own quirk's weakness. Still, it didn't really discourage you at all.

There was the matter of the practical. You thought about that during the exercise. Realized nobody really thought ahead as much as you did. It's when that overthinking flaw really came in handy actually.

You could run without running out of breath, keep moving without hindrance, but there was no real way to make you faster other than use your skill and your surroundings.

You'd trained with Best Jeanist for a week, on your own, and with Shoto and Bakugo for four weeks after that. You had your muscles back, your strength, a bettered mentality, you were strong enough now. But still there was the question of what the practical exam would even be. Most of your classmates expected robots such as the ones from their entrance exam, but that seemed far too simple for the likes of your often deceptive teachers.

It was going to be hard.

It was going to test your greatest weaknesses, and not ones simple as lack of speed.

No, if they were going to test how far you'd come from the beginning of the year, it would be something far more personal than some robots.

You took that into account everyday. Like your own personal way of studying.

"I trust that you will all use your quirks and work ethic to the best of your ability." Aizawa glanced at you for a moment.

You'd told him your quirk had returned, explained to him how you trained and actually felt stronger than you ever had. He was a tad pissed off you still chose to not use in the exercise the day before. You'd gotten additions to your costume too: little vials like on Shoto's, at the waist that contained different solutions made of compounds that could be useful when manipulated.

Still though, during that race you just walked.
Didn't even run.
Came in dead last and gave a cheery smile when you finally crossed the finish line.

You had your reasons. And even if Aizawa didn't know, it had nothing to do with fear. He probably thought you were falling back into your old ways of thinking when you thought winning didn't matter and your success came second to everything else. But he'd find out soon enough why you were holding back. Made you smile that he wouldn't be expecting it either.

"God, I really need to ace these coming tests and then there's the practical!?" The moment Aizawa left the room, Class 1-A went back to its usual state of constant loudness. Kaminari especially. "Jesus I'm not readyyyyy."

"Me too." Mina joined in with him and considering from the past tests they were 19th and 20th in the class their complaints were meritted. Those were the last two places possible after all.

Kaminari grabbed at his hair, getting to his knees in utter desperation, "I've barely even taken notes this semester!"

"As class rep I have faith in all of you!" Iiida yelled, trying and failing to comfort his classmates.

You smiled at the sight anyhow. You missed your peers, even the ones you didn't really know too well. Watching how much they'd grown just gave you more confidence than you already had.

"It's pretty hard to fail if you just pay attention in class isn't it?" Shoto asked them, putting the strap of his backpack over his shoulder. He was 6th. Surprised you a bit considering he didn't really study all that much. But for what he lacked in general social intelligence he made up for in being a good test taker.

"Why you gotta cut me down like that?" Kaminari and Mina bowed their heads in shame. They were always so kind, full of life, a little loud, but funny too. Even when they were disappointed there was a hilarity to them.

Made you smile just staring at them from your seat even more.

"I've been studying too, but I'm having some trouble." Jirou walked up besides your desk. She was 7th. Looking down to you while scratching the back of her head, she asked, "Do you think you could help me out?"

You didn't realize she was talking to you for a second, had to sit straight up and break out of your haze.

"Me?" You asked, pulling your earbuds out of your ears and pointing at your chest.

"Oh sorry," She said, suddenly guilty looking, "Are your ears ringing?"

Ever since you got your hearing back a lot of people were curious about that, a bit tip toey about the situation too. Since no one knew about the whole 'quirk-went-missing' endeavor except Shoto and Bakugo, you sort of expected that.

Kaminari was nosey about it, pulled your face in both his hands and looked around your head the moment he noticed your hearing aids were missing like a worried mom.

Where did your hearing aids go!? He asked, the day you got back to class. Did Bakugo steal them from you at your internship!? He's such a bully! Kirishima! You have to-

No, no, no, Denki, I'm fine, I'm good. You said, pulling his hands from your head and holding them to calm him down. When you explained that your hearing had just come back, he was just happy. Didn't question it.

Most of your other friends were happy too, but still wary. At least now, Bakugo stopped yelling at everyone to speak up, which was nice.

Of course, when Sero and Kaminari surrounded you the moment you took your seat the first day back to ask about your internship, it was a bit awkward.

So Y/n. Sero said, pulling a chair and twisting it to sit on it backwards and lean his elbows on your desk with a mischievous sort of grin. Denki followed right behind. How was your internship?

Uh. Good. You said, twisting your earbuds around your hand and putting them back in your bag.

That's awesome, awesome, yeah- So was Bakugo any trouble? Kaminari asked, raising his eyebrows as if he was suggesting something.

Oh. That's what this was.

You gave a smile and answered, quickly, Nope. Was your internship satisfactory?

Sure. Was Bakugo satisfactory? Sero asked, smirking at you. He wanted to make it seem like Bakugo'd said something to them to get more information out of you.

Little did you know those two made a bet about whether or not Bakugo ended up having the courage to confess. Even made a side bet about whether or not he'd done even more than that.

Sure. You said, smirking back at him. He trained really hard actually. But I'm sure some of the other interns were bothered by him. You know, he's always been loud.

Sero licked his lips and laughed a little, but still he wasn't sure if you were being dense or implying anything.

Did you train hard too? Sero asked, raising a brow. Get your cardio in? Must've been hard to find the time, but hey maybe at night-

You do cardio in a lot of hotel rooms, Sero? You asked, returning his look.

I wish. He scoffed. Maybe I should ask Bakugo for tips first?

This is so confusing. What the hell are you talking about? Denki asked, you and Sero both looking over at him with a sigh. Y/n, are you and Bakugo dating or not?

I have no idea what you're talking about. You said, actually sort of convincingly.

Aha! Sero, I win, pay up! He said, outstretching hand and pointing to it.

What are you idiots doing? Kirishima asked, arriving into the classroom and throwing his bag down before joining them around your desk. Hi Y/n, I heard you're feeling better. He said with a little smile, squeezing your shoulder.

Hi Kiri, you smiled back with shut eyes. I missed you.

Same here. Glad to have you back. He turned to Kaminari and Sero who were looking around the room, avoiding his gaze as if they were guilty children not wanting to look their parents in the eye.

So, you guys made a bet I hear? Kirishima asked.

Yes, and I won. Kaminari said proudly.

Hey hey, she didn't say anything conclusive yet. Sero argued.

Conclusive, Shmoclusive- They're not dating, e.i he didn't confess that he totally likes her and I win.

DENKI! Kirishima yelled, covering your ears so bruskly you almost fell backwards out of your chair. Kaminari didn't seem to care. He just crossed his arms with an upturned chin and eyes closed in a sort of proud stance.

No, no, let him continue. Sero went on, smirking at the kid. Little did Denki know, someone who would probably not take this bet too well had just walked in the room and was already within hearing distance.

What do you mean, 'continue'? Denki yelled. Kirishima still had his hands on your ears, staring at Kaminari and looking up at the person who was nearing your desk. Given that Denki didn't listen to him, he didn't warn the kid. You bet that he would man up and accidentally blurt out his feelings and I said that would never happen. I mean he basically acts like he's in love with her half the time anyway, he's obviously too scared to just tell her. Plus, Y/n- Kirishima take your hands off her ears- Y/n, do you even like him? I feel like he wouldn't be a good kisser cuz of the whole yelling thing. You two would be good together though if he wasn't so chicken-

Kaminari stopped when he noticed that Sero, Kirishima, and you were looking at something right behind him, a little over his head.

The boy blinked a few times.

He's behind me, isn't he?

All three of you nodded, Denki slowly turning around in the chair with frightened puppy eyes.

When he did, he saw Bakugo glaring down at him, his bag over his shoulder as he squinted.

Hi buddy-

Get the hell out of my seat before I blow you up and throw your lanky corpse out the window.

That wasn't a very safe day for Kaminari. He spent most of it looking over his shoulder.

Anyways, most of the class either didn't suspect a thing or were just too polite to say anything. Seemed your little plan was working well. When Bakugo took his seat that day, you smirked a little, winked at him, and kept to yourself the rest of the time. He was pretty good at acting like he wasn't texting you outside of class all the time too. If anything, he seemed even more annoyed than ever. It was perfect.

As days went on, Sero and Kaminari even kept their teasing to themselves- at least in school. You did feel a little bad for Sero that he didn't get the money he should've earned though...

You looked up at Jirou, blinking a few times remembering all the times people in class were careful when talking about your hearing now.

"Oh- no, no, they don't ring like that anymore." You said, breaking out of your thoughts, seeing her ease up a bit. "but it's still, ya know, a lot of noise," You said, making motions to point to the air. Quirk might've been a bit more laid back and obedient now that you were mentaly in a good place, but it still was uncomfortable when no one was talking. "Did you say you wanted my help?"

"Yeah." She admitted, putting her hands in her pockets, shyly. "I mean you were third in the class weren't you?"

"HEH!?"

Oh good. Bakugo was still alive.

He sat in front of you, hunched over test results, his blazer gone missing somewhere as he still refused to wear it or his tie. He'd been ignoring you most of the day which was common since to be fair, he kind of ignored everybody unless it was to yell at them.

"We tied again!?" He bitched, turning around as he spread his arms like he did when he was about to use his explosions. "How did you get ahead of me!?"

"I'm behind you actually." You said, unchanged from his aggression.

He growled, his eyes big and angry and animated.

"Is it hard for you being this stupid!?"

"No," You admitted, handing Jirou your papers so she could go over them as she went back to her desk. You put your elbows on the desk, chin on your fists as you smiled up at him. "But you know what was hard? Figuring out which questions you'd get wrong and flunking them on purpose so we'd get the same score. Bit tricky, but, then again, I'm just an idiot right?"

"Hah," Kirishima sounded, his arms crossed as he stood by Bakugo's desk.

Eijiro was a bit more confident in himself too since his internship. Had a little bit more daringness, a better ability to prioritize. He was kind as ever too. Hung out with you and Mina a few times, though he wasn't successful at getting Bakugo to ever come. Neither were you. He didn't like groups of people. Preferred it when it was just Kirishima or just you.

"Maybe I should study with Y/n and Momo instead." Kirishima joked, Bakugo still fuming as you smirked at him proudly. You didn't actually orchestrate being third in the class, you just studied with him so it was expected that you'd get a similar score on the preliminary exams.

"You think I don't know enough?! Maybe I should beat the lessons into your skull!"

"Kiriiii." You called, tugging on his sleeve so he'd face you. "You're coming to Momo's right?"

"Sure." He smiled with his cute sharp teeth. Momo was having a large gathering at her house for all the students to study considering she was first in the class. Kaminari was excited to see her 'fancy digs' while everyone else was just desperate to pass. "You're gonna help me out with math right?"

"Nope," You said, jumping up, ready to follow Shoto who was waiting at the door. "but I'll totally be here for emotional support." You put a thumbs up which Kirishima promptly rolled his eyes at and went back to his desk to pack his stuff.

You went to do the same, excited to go home and copy Shoto's homework, eat something, maybe train with him a little bit since your quirk was fun to play around with now. Also, Bakugo's mom texted you that morning. Put the biggest, happiest smile on your face when you recalled it.

8:30 am
Mitsuki
Hi Y/n! It's Mitsuki, I'm not sure if you have my number saved 😅. I'm always so happy to have you over and I know Katsuki's a stubborn brat so he won't admit you're his little girlfriend when I ask 🙄, but sometimes I hear him on the phone with you, it's just so cute ☺️. I wanted to invite you to dinner again since we're celebrating Katsuki's grades tonight and I'm sure yours are excellent too. Of course you can bring your brother with you, he seems very polite 😇. I know you might have to study so no worries if you can't make it dear. Just let me know ❤️.

What a delightful woman.
You couldn't wait to see how angry Bakugo would get when you showed up at his door with flowers and an awkward half and half boy.

"Hey, Y/n."

"Hm?" You looked up from the bag you were packing your notebooks into at the sound of your name.

When you did, you caught sight of some big green eyes shyly waiting for your attention, some darker green hair and freckles to pair them.

Midoriya.

He looked a lot better than you remembered him being at the festival. After his internship, he'd grown in terms of muscle and general confidence just like Kirishima. He was also doing so much better in school, the training exercise from yesterday a real proof of what he'd been learning.

"I just wanted to say, even though you didn't really race in the exercise yesterday, it's awesome to see you back on your feet." He said, coy as ever, his hand fumbling around as he spoke. "You've been doing so well. I just wanted to let you know. It's just been so cool to see you grow with your quirk like this."

You and him had always related to each other in the barest sense that your quirks used to both frighten- no not frighten- as much as hurt you physically. Watching him grow gave you second hand pride. It probably did the same for him when he saw your progression.

"Yeah, same to you, Izuku." You said softly, the tone you always used with him, a gentler less brusk one than with others.

Bakugo made a noise from where he'd sat back down, facing the other way. He was displeased about something, but given he got upset over you dropping a pencil once, you ignored him.

"I still remember the first time you broke your finger with that softball." You said, reminiscing. "You've come so far."

"Yeah, you and Todoroki too!" Deku joined in, feeling more excited now that he felt he was able to talk to you about this without crossing some sort of line. "Honestly, I still felt so bad since the festival about everything that happened, but now I feel like it only made us all so much stronger."

"Right!?" You said, excited yourself. Nobody else could really relate to your or Midoriya's quirk's adverse effects. "My quirk feels so much better now, it's way more sensitive but at the same time it doesn't feel out of control you know?"

"Same with mine!" Deku chimed in, laughing.

Was nice to see some joy light his face. Afterall, it was cool to finally talk to someone who understood what you were going through.

"Oh!" Deku said, pointing his finger up as if he'd gotten an idea. "Kachann!" He called, Bakugo's hair spiking up higher as if just the sound of Deku's nickname for him made his entire body angry. "You know, you and Y/n's quirk would actually be pretty cool if you teamed up-"

"Did anyone ask for your opinion!?" He yelled back over his shoulder, Izuku's face falling as he stepped back. Baring his teeth, Bakugo made his little 'tch' sound and turned back around. "Get out of my sight."

"S-sorry." Deku stuttered and you felt a little bad for him again. You thought Bakugo'd at least gotten over his little problem with Midoriya a little bit, but maybe- "I'll talk to you later, Y/n, okay?" He said, probably wanting to return to his friends who wouldn't yell hurtful or dismissive things.

"Okay." You breathed, watching him walk back as he waved goodbye.

Sighing once he was in his group, you looked back at the grumpy mess of hair and overly large always, unnaturally hunched shoulders.

"Boom boy?" You called, lightly, realizing no one was actually in your corner of the room to notice you were talking to him. "You okay?"

Bakugo made a grumbling sort of nose, flipped one of his pages, probably analyzing his score to the bone. Honestly though, it didn't even look like he was reading, just going through the same paragraphs over and over like something was preoccupying his mind.

Once you were standing in front of his desk, he gave you a hooded sort of glare.

"Since when is he Izuku?"

Your eyes went wide.
Seriously? That was what was bothering him?

You stayed quiet for a second, blinking at him, trying to figure out if this some kind of new jealousy thing.

Bakugo was possessive to a degree. You knew he didn't like the idea of other girls with him, he'd told you that, and he certainly didn't like the idea of anyone else with you either. But he never showed any distrust. You talked to the boys in your class all the time and there was never a time he even really cared to notice.

But yesterday, in the exercise, when Deku did really well, he also used Bakugo's moves. He was getting better with a power he once couldn't control and though you were doing the same, maybe that made things all the harder for Bakugo because he felt like he wasn't progressing at all.

He was.
In mentality.
In physical build and skill too.
But when you're already so strong to begin with, you don't rise at the same level as those who are, well, like you told before, just born weak- he had to understand that right?

Still.
The prospect that he might be jealous made the corners of your lips twitch upward.

"Don't you dare smile!" He yelled.

"Sorry, sorry." You responded by raising your arms in surrender and taking a seat across from him. He obviously didn't want to talk about it.

Laying your arms on his desk at the brim of his papers, you tucked your chin onto them, gazing at his face.

He was frowning. Cause you know, why wouldn't he be.

But he was still pretty. You let yourself admit that you thought that now. Whenever you practiced with him or you two just hung out at his house sometimes, you'd sneak a kiss on his cheek because he was too lost in whatever he was doing. He never kissed or touched you when his mom was close, but every now and then, he'd give a side glance to make sure his parents weren't peeking in the door and caress his hand over your knee or your knuckles. Was a cute gesture. One that told you he hadn't forgotten your little wordless promise.

"So are you coming to hang out with all of us at Momo's?" You asked. "Kirishima's coming."

"Is this your way of getting me to be social or are you trying to annoy me?"

"C'mon, please." you poked his cheek, his face contorting as you did, pulling away playfully. "You never hang with me and our friends."

He grumbled again, as if the word 'our' felt sour to him because noooo, a tough guy like him could never have friends, right?
The big baby.

You poked his cheek again.

"Quit it." He mumbled, baring his teeth like he was threatening to bite.

"You know, Yaoyorozu's house is pretty big." You said, licking your teeth behind your lips like you'd just gotten a devious idea. You leaned forward, got up from your seat, and bent over the desk to be closer, glancing over his shoulder to make sure the rest of the class was distracted. Bakugo looked you right in the eye as you did. You said with a straight face, "We could always get lost and go over that training from our internship. I know you don't like me saying other boys' first names, but maybe you wouldn't mind hearing yours a few times like in that hotel room, right?"

It was Bakugos' eyes' turn to get all wide and shocked.
They were like for a hot second, because it'd been a month and never once had you expressed any intention of doing something like that again with him. It's not that you didn't want to. It's not that he didn't want to either. But there was just always someone around. His mom. His dad. Todoroki (who always made it abundantly and overly clear he was willing to leave the room if you ever want to do anything which was nice but frankly awkward to announce in front of you both).

Bakugo's lips opened as if he wanted to say something, but no words actually came out.
You rose your brows, waiting for a response. His face turned to an aggressive sort of frown then as he was finally using his head to realize what you were doing.

"Are you trying to bribe me so I'll study with your stupid friends!?" He yelled, a little loud, but not loud enough to raise suspicion.

"Maybe." You laughed, sitting yourself back in the seat across from him and leaning backwards lazily.

He squinted at you, picking his papers and leaned back like you.

"Don't make empty threats, Headset." He said, under his breath, low and serious.

"Who says they're empty?"

"Mm." He hummed suspiciously since you were known for your teasing anyhow.

You quickly changed the subject.

"Your mom texted me and asked if I wanted to come over for dinner. Is that okay with you?"

"I don't care."

"I'm sorry I don't know if I heard that right." You said with a hint of sarcasm he despised. "Was that, 'Yes, Headset, I'd love to have you over so you can see my mom and dad who I know you really miss. Then, if I'm well-behaved, we can make out in my room once I give you back that beautiful plane I still haven't returned'?"

"Would you keep your voice down." He said in a whisper, but the threat behind his words was still very much alive.

You shrugged your shoulders, nonchalant about it.

"Or what?"

"Wanna find out!?" He yelled, standing up and smashing his hands onto the desk.

You rolled your eyes, picked up your bag as you caught Shoto staring at you in the doorway like he was getting impatient, but also too polite to interrupt your conversation.

You motioned you'd be right there.

"I was just offering a way to relieve a little stress, Katsuki-kun." You said, and though your tone was a tad mocking, you were serious about wanting to calm him. He probably needed it after the stress he was going through. Bakugo swung his back over his shoulder and you teased, "No need to get feisty about it."

As you both went to leave, Bakugo didn't say anything for a second. When you crossed paths though, his body blocked yours from view of the rest of the class for a second. He took the opportunity and grabbed your hip bone tightly with one of his hands, pressed you up against him.

Your breath hitched and he whispered in your ear, "You better have meant that."

Looking back at him innocently, over your shoulder you realized he probably needed to be taken care of more than you'd originally thought. Something was bothering him and though you were probably one of the only things that actually brought him comfort other than his Shojo manga and rock climbing, it seemed like he was too preoccupied for even those things to calm him down.

"I'll see you tonight then." You whispered.

He nodded once, subtly, swiped his thumb up and down on the line of your skirt and moved out of the way.

His walk was a bit slower than usual, his face pensive and quiet as he started to walk out. Something stopped him then, the sound of some of your classmates having a conversation as laughter erupted among them- Iida, Kaminari, Mineta, Tsuyu, Uraraka, Izuku too.

When he looked back, anger overtook his expression.
Not because of his classmates.
Rather a single person smiling because he was nowhere as insecure.

"Hey!" Bakugo yelled, so loud now the whole room's attention gravitated towards him. He bent his chin down, looking at that group with hooded eyes. "Deku." He couldn't have said the name without any more hatred behind it. "I don't know what's going with your power, but I saw the way you're using it now and I want you to know it's seriously pissing me off. I won't have another half assed win like the festival. We'll be getting individual scores in the finals. New rankings. So we'll all know exactly where we're standing. I'll show you how much better I am." He turned back around in the doorway where Shoto was still waiting. "And Todoroki? I'll beat you too."

With that, he walked out the door.
Leaving the whole to wonder what the hell was going on that he'd suddenly act out like that. When you walked over to his desk earlier you'd had the intention of distracting him, making him feel a little better. You could just tell when he was upset, but right now, this seemed like more than just insecurity, this seemed targeted.

Honestly.
You weren't even sure how to start helping him.
You were just as shocked as everyone else.

"I thought he was doing better now that you were in his corner."

Shoto walked up to you, looking down with concern.

"What do you mean?" You asked, still looking at the doorway Bakugo'd already walked out of.

"You beat him at the sports festival." Shoto said, looking at that same doorway as if you both knew something more was going on, like him walking out alone meant more than just going home. "Even if that wasn't a real win because of the rules. But he didn't say he wanted to beat you. Why don't you go talk to him?"

"No. He needs his space. I think it's better I let him be for now."

"Are you and him okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine, I-... I think this is something he wants to deal with on his own."

EXTRA CHAPTER

Bakugo's house actually wasn't far from you and Shoto's. In fact, if you all took the train home from school, you'd get off at the same stop. Explained why he was able to walk those few miles to carry you home without collapsing that one night.

You stood outside his house now. It was around seven. Of course, Shoto stood beside you. When you asked if he wanted to come, he looked up from his book and blinked a few times as if he needed a few seconds to realize you were actually inviting him. To go to Bakugo's house. A boy who less than liked him. But you said there'd be food. And that it would be polite to go. So he came.

You got flowers too. For Mitsuki. Cause it was polite.

You'd been here a bunch of times in the past month, but now it felt slightly more daunting. You'd never gotten invited by his mother before. It was always Bakugo dragging you out of class saying were stupid and had to study harder. Then he'd eventually drag you back to his house and make you stay with him while he did his homework. He never actually asked you to come over. Always just gave his little excuses and demanded:

Come to my house.

Why?

Cause I said so! It's not like I wanna see you or anything! You're probably not doing anything and you're still a mess! You need to train more! Come on!

Or something along the lines of:

You idiot, you forgot your jacket.

I didn't wear a jacket yesterday.

Well then whose jacket is this! It's not mine! Come get it, you moron!

Or even-

Oi. Dumbass. Did you watch any of those movies I told you to watch.

Not yet, no.

Why are you so lazy! Get over here and watch them then!

He knew you were coming over now. Still, he hadn't texted you since earlier. And since his little outburst at the end of class you couldn't help but be a little concerned about what his reaction would be to having to have dinner with everyone. He never liked large groups of people, you were considerate of that.

You rang the doorbell, Shoto standing beside you like a stick figure.

The flowers in your arms shifted as you fumbled anxiously.

"You think his mom will like these?" You asked, holding them up a little.

Shoto looked them up and down, then back at you without a change in expression.

"I'm sorry, I don't know her." He said, blinking slowly as always.

"Yeah, but-," You looked into his dense little eyes and sighed. "Oh nevermind, just try and be normal."

"Okay." He nodded, wearing his nice designer turtleneck Fuyumi'd gotten him. "Thank you for bringing me."

"Sure-"

"KATSUKI!" You heard a woman inside yell, you and Shoto both jumping slightly. "GET THE DOOR!"

"WHY ME!?" Her boy yelled back, somewhere else in the house.

"BECAUSE I SAID SO! AND BE POLITE TO OUR GUESTS!"

"IT'S JUST HER, WOULD YOU RELAX!?"

No matter how many times you heard Bakugo and his mother argue in their less than gentle manners, it was always really difficult to get used to. It usually came out of nowhere too. When his dad was around, you and him would make eye contact and both give sad, sort of 'oh well' smiles and wait for the yelling to stop.

"Oh." Shoto said, as if realizing suddenly that maybe Bakugo's temper and yelling factor was indeed genetic. "Okay, I get it now."

"Shut up." You ordered, tapping his shin with your foot.

"Yes ma'am." He responded, dipping his chin.

The door clicked open then, the boy on the other side far less dressed than either you or Todoroki. He wore his black skull shirt, his baggy black pants, his hair messy and big as always.

He was mumbling something under his breath as he swung the door open, "Stupid old ha-"

His mouth closed shut the moment he saw you standing on his front steps. You smiled up at him coyly, but he was far more concerned with the thing standing next to you.

Looking back and forth between you and Shoto and into his house with confusion, words eventually fell from his lips.

"What the hell are you doing here!" He yelled, hanging off the door frame and pointing at Todoroki.

"I was invited." Shoto responded, forcing a little smile to his face.

"No you weren't!" He yelled in response.

"I was."

"HEADSET!?"

"He was." You confirmed.

"Well-I-Wha-" Bakugo stuttered, not exactly forming coherent words or sentences. And since the two of you just stood there with blank expressions- well- it- he- It just annoyed him!

You were supposed to come alone and how the hell was he supposed to relax with Icy hot around.

"Whatever!" He grumbled, kicking the door open. "Get inside!" And with that he marched back into his mudroom, skidding the ground with his hands in his pockets and a frown on his face heavier than the one he'd opened the door with.

Shoto walked in first. A tad rudely. Sort of just took off his shoes and walked straight through the entrance and into the kitchen and living room without so much as announcing his presence or observing the house. Bakugo squinted at the fact that he didn't even say thank you to him or acknowledge his existence, a low humming growl emitting his throat.

You smiled as if suppressing a laugh, holding the flowers in your arms as you kicked your shoes off and placed them neatly next to Shoto's.

Bakugo looked down at you like he was pissed. Not mad mad pissed, but genuinely annoyed you forgot to mention your brother'd be tagging along.

"You think this is funny, headset?" he asked, arms crossed as you chuckled under your breath.

"Um, Yeah." You laughed quietly, enjoying seeing him in a more casual light than in school.

Sometimes, you and him got so good at pretending you hated each other that it was hard to remember all the times you and him shared a lot more than just hate. There was a little of that still- as all relationships between two passionate people do. But experiencing his existence when he wore childish clothes and walked with an unguarded expression- you were just able to appreciate him without the burden of wearing a mask.

Looking over your shoulder for a moment to make sure the coast was clear, you turned back around, reached up, put your hand at the center of his chest, and gave him a kiss on the lips.

He closed his eyes immediately, reflexively relieved by your taste. It'd been too long and though it only lasted a second, he felt your nose brush his, your closeness too, and that was enough for him to remember- Neither of you were pretending to be one another's anymore.

"Better?" You whispered, once you pulled away, looking at his mouth like you were planning to repeat those actions on it later. Your hand caressed his chest gently before pulling back too.

His face was rendered all soft and surprised for a few seconds too. But alas, that didn't last as he didn't forget why he was angry at all.

"No!" He yelled and finally caught sight of what was in your arms. "And I hate flowers! Why'd you bring flowers!?"

"They're for your mom, not you." You said, holding them closely.

"Why would you get her something!? That's just stupid!"

"KATSUKI!" a familiar voice yelled right before a roll of paper towels hit Katsuki square in the head. Mitsuki walked in right after, suddenly behind you, placing both her hands on your shoulders protectively. "Stop being rude to your girlfriend!"

"She's not my girlfriend!" Bakugo yelled back at her, rubbing his forehead. "And what is it with you women and throwing things at me!?"

"Shut up! Go set the table!" She ordered pointing to the doorway where Shoto was standing sort of awkwardly, just waiting.

He'd introduced himself- said something along the lines of, Hello. I'm Shoto Todoroki. Your son and I are classmates.- and then let out his hand to the man and woman surprised as to why a boy they didn't know yet was standing alone in their kitchen.

But they were warm people- welcomed him the moment they realized who he was. Masaru and him actually got along very well from the get go. Spoke for a moment about boring things as Bakugo's mom started throwing things at her son.

Katsuki was quick to swipe the roll of paper towels off the floor and start stomping into the kitchen to start setting it as he was told. Not without any angry mumbling to pair of course.

Once he was gone, Mitsuki's tone and facial expression softened completely, a closed eye smile pairing her gentle voice.

"Hi sweets," She said, looking down at you, wrapping her arms around your shoulders, "How are you, How was your day?"

"Uh, good," you responded, the affection she gave always sort of surprising, but at the same time... extremely validating. Sometimes when she gave you a hug or just patted your head, it took you a moment to remember where you were standing. She wasn't your mom, but- "These are for you." you said, remembering where you were standing and holding up the flowers.

"Aw that's so kind," She said, taking them tenderly and observing the colors. "You shouldn't have- MASARU!" She yelled for her husband, causing you to jump again. "Put these in some water would you!?"

"Yes dear." Her husband seemingly appeared from nowhere, wearing his apron and taking the flowers gently from his wife.

"I'm so happy you're both here." Mitsuki ruffled both you and Todoroki's hair as she guided you inside. "I made something special for dinner. Come sit, come sit."

She walked on ahead, making sure her husband and son were doing as they were told like a natural leader of a house should.

God you admired her.

"This house is nice." Shoto said, a genuine little smile on his face. "So are they."

You smiled back. It was nice that he supported you now. That he was starting to be more confident in himself, more secure in his attachments. In all honesty, you thought he'd be sour about the time you spent with new people still considering he had some difficulty. But he saw his mom, hung out with Midoriya, Iida, Uraraka too sometimes. He was getting his life together. So were you. Side by side. Made you smile even more.

"I'm glad you like them."

"Mm." He nodded, politely walking to the dining room. "It's odd how such delightful people gave birth to someone like Bakugo."

"Alright, ease up on the sass iceman." You chuckled, patting his back.

And with that you both sat at the dinner table with the Bakugos.

***

Their dining room was lit kindly, like a restaurant. Five places were neatly laid out, Bakugo aligning the utensils perfectly with the plates when he was asked to set the table. It's odd how even annoyed or completely uninterested with the task he managed to do everything perfectly.

Whenever you set the table at home, Fuyumi had to fix your mistakes- put the knife on the left rather than the right, fix the alignments- all subtly of course so as to not hurt your feelings.

Some of that irrational jealousy arose as you looked at Bakugo across the table because of that. Why did he get to be good at everything, that wasn't fair!

He made a face at you as you squinted at him, putting more food aggressively into his mouth as his parents droned on.

You sat across from him at the end of the table, Mitsuki on your side, and Masaru at the end.

Bakugo was less than pleased as that left him to sit next to Shoto, but since his mom wanted to be next to you, he just had to shut up and take it. It's not that he didn't like that his mom liked you- He just couldn't give less of a shit- he knew she'd like you from the beginning.

You were always really polite with women for some reason. Maybe it was the whole mom thing because you sure as hell gave your share of unwarranted sassy comments to Aizawa and All Might in class. But you were nice to his dad. You always gave a little giggly smile when he'd greet you at the door. Bakugo'd tell him he was going to study since finals were coming up, and Masaru'd wave to you as you walked up the stairs and ask how you were and stuff.

Whatever! It would be a good enough dynamic if his stupid mom didn't always butt in and try and talk to you all the time! And now he had to deal with Icy Hot on top of it today- urgh- he was just annoyed, even if the food was good or whatever.

"That's interesting." Todoroki said, responding to something his parents had said he wasn't listening to. "Fashion design seems like a difficult brand to build."

"Oh it wasn't too difficult, we both started off at a small company, it's how Katsuki and I's father met actually." Mitsuki said, rubbing her husband's arm affectionately.

"So long ago."

"Urgh." Bakugo grumbled, rolling his eyes. He'd heard the story before of how his mom hit on his dad so much they ended up just dating and somehow eventually got married. Made him lose respect for his dad for a while till he realized he had to put up with mom for over twenty years. In all honesty, he just sucked at saying no so it was his own fault for getting stuck with her. Even if they loved each other or whatever.

Todoroki looked over at Bakugo when he made that noise and started angrily stabbing the food on his plate. He turned back around to face his parents right after.

"I'd love to hear about it." He smiled, the boy sitting next to him nearly exploding his head off for his deliberate annoyance.

"Ah of course," Mitsuki laughed, getting ready to tell her story as she- without asking- put more food on your plate. You weren't made about it, you just started eating.

Made Bakugo scoff at your appetite. You were eating so much lately. And though he'd never show any sign, he was relieved. You were more than getting back to normal. You were getting even stronger than before. That didn't just make him happy. It gave him a second hand pride he wasn't exactly sure how to describe, even as you ate more than him. Gave him incentive to see you fight again, see you really use your power, your new skills, see you show everyone what he knew you were capable of.

"It was our first year at this design firm and Katsuki's dad was such a cutie I couldn't resist just going up to him and asking for his number." Of course he'd have to wait for that as currently, he was going through the hell of having to hear the backstory of how his parents met for the tenth time.

"She was very persistent." Masaru smiled in agreement with his wife, making you chuckle lightly when Bakugo just looked away.

He gave a little side glance as you stared at his parents while they told their boring stories. You were so attentive, actually interested, which baffled him because, how on earth was any of this interesting. But you were invested. Not just in his parents' little tangents, but in whatever this was: Knowing about his family, getting to know people that were tied to him...

He'd forgotten how pretty you were then.

It's not that he found you ugly or anything at school, it's just most of the time he was so focused on himself, bettering himself, sometimes he forgot to really notice you. The way your eyes shown now, gently, a bit tired, a bit restless at once, catching the light- he noticed them. And for some reason the kindness in their reflection made him want to reach out with two fingers and try and memorize your features.

"I was persistent, I was," His mother begrudgingly agreed, remembering how Masaru had to ask her out eventually because of all the times she hit on him. "But you know so many people at that age tend to get into relationships and not be serious about it. They stay with someone a few months and call it quits, so-"

"That's bullshit." Bakugo interrupted, calmly though- the first thing he'd said all dinner that wasn't a grumble, an angry sound, or a banging sound.

His mom sighed, "It's just a reality, Katsuki."

"Doesn't matter." He said, looking to his mom with a neutral sort of expression. And though he always meant what he said, you could tell he meant this even more. "You don't go out with somebody unless you wanna stick with em. It's like wanting to be a hero or a stupid fashion designer, you gotta stay committed to what matters to ya."

His parents smiled at their son, probably proud that although he was a mean, spiteful, loud little gremlin of a spawn, his morals never faltered. Neither did his integrity.

"Good on you for always being so passionate, son." His father said, tipping his glass to him.

"I'm not being passionate! I'm being a decent human being!" He said, going back to yelling.

But he didn't take the time to look at how what he said affected you. Because you took the time to notice how much he meant what he said. You saw it in his eyes. And though you'd never once been insecure about what you and him had- it was nice to hear it out loud; that he didn't regret what happened a month ago. More than that... It felt like he was thankful it happened at all.

"I agree with you Bakugo." Shoto bowed his head to him slightly, hands politely in his lap.

Katsuki 'tch-ed' and swiped his glass off the table saying, "Don't. That makes me uncomfortable." before taking a drink.

"Y/N!" His mother yelled, once again wrapping her arm around your shoulders, probably a little more drunk than before. "You have to remember to be tough with Katsuki." She said, making you laugh anxiously. "I know he's stubborn as an ass, but it's okay, evidently, he has a little soft spot for you."

"HEH!?" Bakugo jumped up from his seat, smashing his hands down on the table. "What the hell are you talking about, woman!? I got no soft spots for nobody!"

"KATSUKI! Stop yelling at the table! Sit down!"

Him and his mom continued to squabble for a little at the table. Eventually, when everybody calmed down, you and Shoto glanced at each other across the table, funny smiles creeping to your faces as you couldn't help but find the whole thing a tad funny.

Dinner went on for a while- peaceful and not- a beautifully, weirdly different place to your home. But for some reason, it was still comfortable. Warm. For you and Shoto both. And even here. Even in a house that wasn't yours. You felt right at home...

***

"Honey, I'm getting a call from the office, I'll be right back." Masaru said, his hand on the receiver of their home phone as he started to walk out of the living room.

You were all sitting in there now, Todoroki alone in one of the chairs after declining to have any tea. After dinner, he was full, but tea wasn't really his thing anyways.

Bakugo sat on the sofa, his arms crossed behind his head as he laid back into the cushions without a care for anything. He was annoyed. His mom again sat next to you, blocking you from his sight as she pestered you with questions, just wanting to talk. She'd spent the whole dinner talking to you! What the hell else did she have to say?!

"Yes, yes go deal with it-" Mitsuki said, waving off her husband as she faced you. "Y/N, tell me about your hair, is it naturally a pretty gray like this?" She asked, holding a few strands between her fingertips, gently observing them.

"Yes it is." You said, grabbing the ends and looking at them yourself. Didn't seem insecure about it. Just curious. "It used to be darker when I was younger I think. I'm not sure why it turned this color."

You peered up at Mitsuki then, noting her gentle eyes and the way her hair was almost the same as Katsuki's. That beautiful ashen blonde that you thought you paled in comparison to.

"I like your hair color a lot." You said, making her smile sweetly. Looking over her shoulder at the careless boy who looked like he was falling asleep, you thought a little teasing might wake him. "It's a little nicer than Katsuki's in my opinion."

"We have the same color hair, you moron." He grumbled, his eyes still shut. Made you smirk to know he was listening.

"You know," Mitsuki said, completely ignoring her son. Her back was turned to him for a reason anyhow. "I think it would look really nice if you wore blue, it'd pair the silver nicely- what do you think, Katsuki?"

"Why do I give a shit? It's not me you're asking to wear an ugly color."

He got hit for that.

"Ah!" He grumbled, suddenly completely awake. "You hag! Quit it!"

"Pipe down and answer the question!" She growled down at her son, their facial expressions so similar it was honestly kinda hard to tell apart. Kinda made Shoto's brain hurt to look back and forth between the two.

"Well if you're gonna annoy it out of me, she should wear red!" Katsuki yelled at his mom. "It'd go better with her eyes and it suits her personality better! You can't just think of her hair! I thought you did this for a living! Why are you bad at it!?"

They kept yelling at each other, as they did, some tiny slaps going back and forth for a while. You just laughed at the sight of their little unashamed fighting. Couldn't even really be called fighting. More of something you'd witness on a sitcom. The love Mitsuki had for him was so apparent, the respect he had for her too, even if they didn't show it outwardly.

"Hm." Shoto sounded from his seat where he'd been quiet, observing from a distance as he always did.

You turned to him, sounding out the volume of the overly loud Bakugos next to you on the sofa. You scooted closer to him, noticed Shoto was looking at you. As if observing your features even in the dim light of their living room.

"You okay?" You asked, cocking your head to the side, your hair framing your face.

"Yes." He nodded, his eyes flickering around your features. "I think he's right though. Red would suit you."

You smiled sweetly.

"Thanks Shoto."

"You're welcome."

Walking in on his wife yelling something no longer decipherable at Bakugo, Masaru peeked back into the living room then.

"Honey?"

"WHAT!?" She yelled up at him. "Can't you see I'm busy arguing with your son!"

"Um, sorry, but there was an issue with a shipment and no one is sure how to handle it, I think we should head out there."

"What? Now? We haven't even had desert yet."

"I think it's pretty urgent, look."

He handed the phone to his wife, let her scroll through while Bakugo frowned at the two of them. You caught his eye over his mom's shoulder, gave him a coy little smile as if to say, this went so well. He rolled his eyes at how nauseatingly happy you looked.

"Urgh, I'm sorry Katsuki, looks like we're going to be home late again." His mother said, handing the phone back to her husband.

"I don't give a shi-"

"Ah!" She hit him again.

"It's alright," You said to his mother, "We can go home-

"No, no, no, honey, you stay right here," Mitsuki kissed the top of your head quickly and smoothed your hair down, making you blink a few times at the affection. She grabbed her purse, her husband getting the keys. "There's some cake in the fridge you three can share."

"Your business is important! Go take care of it, damn it!" Bakugo yelled, pointing at the door like they weren't already rushing out.

"Oh, Y/N! Maybe you can come to my office one day," Mitsuki said, her husband with his hand at her lower back as they started to walk out. "We can give you a bunch of clothes and stuff for free, don't even worry, about it, okay, I'll see you so-

"GO!" Bakugo yelled from the couch, Masaru already running to the car.

"It was nice to meet you Shoto." Mitsuki yelled, putting her shoes.

"Yes, you as well Mrs. Baku-" Then she shut the door, interrupting poor Shoto before he got to finish his little goodbye...

Well.

Now it was just the three of you.

Bakugo sat on the edge of the couch, his elbows on his knees as he scoffed and shook his head at his parents. Shoto was in his chair, hands on his legs, staring awkwardly. You were sitting back into the sofa still.

The three of you looked back and forth between each other for a few moments.

None of you really knew what to say now. You were all just kind of tired. Shoto got exhausted after even one hour of social interaction, so this must've been trying. To be honest, you were still sort of reeling from Mitsuki's attention. God you needed to visit Rei soon. And Bakugo, well he'd been yelling almost all dinner, even he got fed up of it.

It was quiet now.

Too quiet.

Like those awkward moments in class when Aizawa had to step out and no one spoke for a while.

Eventually, when the sound of your awkward breathing came to be enough- "I'm gonna go."

Shoto stood up right after he announced that, got up and started to walk around the coffee table and into the entryway.

"Huh?" You asked, standing from the sofa, Bakugo grumbling under his breath and throwing himself up to follow as if he'd been raised to lead people out.

"This was nice. But I'm tired." Shoto said, taking out his phone as he started to put his shoes on. "Fuyumi sent us train passes. I'll see you at home."

"Shot wait- you don't want me to come with you?" You asked, sort of wondering why he was so quick to assume he'd be leaving by himself. He could manage himself in the dark, he was in high school, but still-

"Not really." He answered and suddenly you weren't so worried about him anymore. "Plus you want to stay, so-"

"I do?"

"You do." He said, and when his shoes were on, he turned to look at you- who was still a tad confused- and Bakugo who was leaning against the door frame of the mudroom, hands in his pockets with tired eyes. He gave a forced smile and bowed his head. "Goodnight."

"Yeah, see you at home I guess." You said, raising one eyebrow and watching the boy step out the house.

Once the door clicked shut, you just stood there. Breathed out a sigh. Ran a hand up your arm awkwardly.

Bakugo was quiet. He pushed off the doorway, the home so silent now, his footsteps were audible as he walked into the room, hands in his pockets still, neck bent back as he looked at the doorway.

You looked up at him as soon as he was beside you. Took in his light, warmer than the one he emitted in school or even in front of his family. His face was already far more relaxed, his lids falling just the slightest bit longer as he blinked.

He looked down at you. Took in your light, more gentle and unguarded than the one you emitted in school, but just slightly more mischievous than in front of his family. Your face was already far more suggestive, a small curve to your lips as you remembered how he said he'd like you in red.

And suddenly, the two of you were painfully aware you were alone...

The door swung opened again as Shoto peeked his head in.

"You still have those condoms I gave you right?"

"Get out!" You and Bakugo yelled at the same time, Shoto quickly closing the door again and making his way out.

You laughed, wondering what he'd think if you told him you'd already used them. But he didn't need to know the details. You were thankful that he was kind enough to accept whomever you wished to care about anyhow.

"That kid," You chuckled, still looking at the door he'd shut. "He really is a charact-hmph!"

You didn't get to finish what you were about to say.

Because Bakugo'd smashed his lips to yours and picked you up before you even had a chance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.7K 34
❝𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭.❞ ʙᴀᴋᴜɢᴏᴜ ᴋᴀᴛꜱᴜᴋɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ. ...
142K 3K 74
**GENDER NEUTRAL Y/N** there are a lot of chapters but they're really quick reads <3 ✧༺ ♡༻∞ ❁ ∞༺ ♡༻✧ 🏅 #1 - #animeoneshots 🏅#2 - #mhafanfics 🏅 #3...
289K 11.5K 28
ꗃ 𝐬. 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝: 𝟎𝟕/𝟏𝟕/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝: 𝟏𝟎/𝟎𝟗/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 !𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫! 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐥...
2.3K 82 8
𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨𝐮 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦! 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 *𝒊'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖.....𝒊 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒊�...