I See Dead People

By MarshMarrow

(Bnha x Reader) ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ; ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴏʀɢᴀɴɪꜱᴍ You were a pretty normal girl with a happy... More

Character introduction + Ghost introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven: Part One
Seven: Part Two
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five

Twenty-Six

4.3K 277 107
By MarshMarrow

^^[Hito and Shin, new and improved! Imma delete and replace the artwork on the character introduction later,,, probably]

        One short introduction later and (Y/n) discovered that the supposed caterpillar was actually a man—employed as class 1-A's teacher—Aizawa Shota. The tired looking male had bags that rivaled Nanashi's, which stood out in contrast to his paler skin. With his long, tangled hair and baggy clothes, the medium could've easily mistaken the man as a ghost.

Aizawa barley spared a glance at the mass of teenagers before passing out blue tracksuits and ordering for them all to meet him in the school's field—which ashamedly took (Y/n) a while to find, as she was the last one to leave the changing room. The girl aimlessly wandered the identical hallways for a few moments before remembering the abilities of her undead companions. With the assistance of a paranormal GPS, (Y/n) was eventually able to join the rest of her classmates outside—her previous absence going luckily unnoticed by Aizawa.

Swiftly moving through the small crowd formed, the girl recognized a familiar curly bush near the front. Manuvering to Midoriya's side, the medium gently bumped shoulders in a silent greeting, offering a small smile when he glanced her way. (Y/n) observed the large field she ended up in and noticed the white drawings scattered around the dusty ground, along with a few camera-looking objects placed near each marking—the last of them being set up by her dark haired teacher. An awkward silence hung over the class as they watched the man fumble with the technology, Hito and Shin leaning over the medium's shoulder with confused, yet amused expressions.

"So...what exactly are we doing out here?" Shin asked the question everyone was thinking, receiving a shrug from the equally clueless female.

"Yeah, we weren't in school for long, but I think you're supposed to have some kind of welcoming thing on the first day right?" Hito continued, his azure eyes locked onto the teacher's form. Instead of getting a response from (Y/n), a new voice in the crowd spoke up.

"Um, Mr.Aizawa...What are we doing out here?" Momo timidly asked, her hand raised slightly above her head. The grown man didn't bother turning to face her as he finished setting up the tripod-like object. Aizawa pulled out what looked like his phone as he went to answer the girl's question, though he responded so fast and in such a low tone that (Y/n) almost missed it. "A quirk assessment test," He responded nonchalantly, making the field of teenagers double take.

"A QUIRK ASSESMENT TEST?!"

The sudden outburst earned a surprised jolt from (Y/n), who also wasn't expecting what Aizawa had suddenly sprung on them. Visible expressions of shock and confusion shown on the various students' faces as (Y/n) looked to Izuku—the two making eyecontact with equal expressions of bewilderment. "Huh? But what about the entrance ceremony? Or the orientation?" Uraraka spoke up for the rest of the class, also voicing Hito's previous inquiry.

Though his back was to the teenagers, (Y/n) could feel the disappointment and irritation radiating from her homeroom teacher as he spoke.

"If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events. U.A.'s selling point is how unrestricted its school traditions are. That's also how the teachers run their classes," Aizawa stated, moving to face the kids as he continued. The man's lax stance contrasted the chilling glower he'd directed to his students. "You kids have been doing these since junior high too, right? Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your quirks." (Y/n) remembered back to her days in Aldera, frowning at the thought. She'd always hated the mandatory fitness exams they had once a semester, as the medium was always ranked somewhere near the lower categories—along with Izuku. By the end of the day, the teen was usually left a sweaty, exhausted mess.

It wasn't all bad, however, as (Y/n) recalled her first fitness exam. She'd scored pretty badly and felt bummed about it at first, but Nanashi and Izuku had been there—the latter also scoring pretty low in the ranks—both doing their best to cheer the medium up, which eventually worked when the freckled male offered to take them out for ice cream with his mom. It soon became tradition for the duo to go get ice cream after fitness exams—sometimes joined by Adelaide, Ichigo, or Hana—and was a nice memory to hold onto.

Zoning back into the present, it seemed that Aizawa was done with his lecture as he called Bakugo to his side, motioning for the blond to step into the circle drawn on the ground. Tossing the boy a ball, the elder continued. "You can do anything you want as long as you stay in the circle. Now hurry up. Give it all you've got." With the lackluster encouragement, Aizawa left the boy to his own. "Really? Well then..."

(Y/n) watched the ash blond do a few quick warmup stretches, and before she could blink-

"DIE!" 

The (h/l) haired girl covered her eyes from the bright light that Katsuki's explosion emitted—Hito and Shin stepping up to block any debris from hitting the mortal. When the dust had cleared the ball was nowhere in sight, but instead several meters away to where it almost looked like a speck in the dirt. Despite her dislike towards the blond, the medium had to admit she was impressed—the awe clearly displayed on her face. Sparing one last glance at his device, Aizawa then turned to face the kids, his droopy face an exact contrast to the group. "That is the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero." The man referred to Katsuki's example while facing his phone for the class to see; 705.2 m.

Various exclamations of shock and surprise were heard among 1-A from the blond's throw whilst Hito scoffed. "Pshh, we can do way better than that!" The blue eyed twin boasted, bringing a cocky smile to his brother's face as he nodded in agreement. "Yeah! Just leave it to us (Y/n)!" The medium giggled in amusement at the duo's competitive spirit before some of her classmates began speaking up.

"No way! 750 meters?!" A blond exclaimed.

"This is ten times as fun as some boring entrance ceremony!" The pink haired girl that had been hanging out with Kirishima before also shouted out.

"As expected from the hero course! We can use our quirks without a limit!" Another boy with black hair excitedly pumped his fists.

Though just as the mood had begun to pick up, it did a complete 180. The air was with tension as an unreadable expression settled on Aizawa's face. "Sounds like fun huh..." The man's tone was monotonous, yet (Y/n) could sense his anger and irritation directed towards her class—who quieted down as the man continued. "In total, you all have three years to become a hero. Do you really think you can keep up an attitude like that the whole time?" Aizawa mocked his students, putting a damper on the previously chipper mood.

(Y/n) let a frown carve onto her face while knitting her eyebrows, suppressing a huff from escaping her lips. The day barley started and the (s/t) medium had already been put in a bad mood. She couldn't say that she liked her teacher so far, and based on the annoyed expressions that the twins held on their faces, it was safe to say that they most likely agreed. "What a killjoy," Shin remarked, and (Y/n) mentally agreed.

A bad feeling settled within the girl's gut as a toothy grin suddenly sprouted onto Aizawa's face. The man's dull eye's seemed to light up in amusement as he gazed at his students' mixture of upset and confused faces while a lightbulb went off in his head. "All right," He began. "Whoever come's in last place in all eight tests will be judged to have no potential in U.A. and as a consequence, will face immediate expulsion." The dark haired man's grin only seemed to widen as several jaws dropped—including (Y/n)'s. The class let out a simultaneous noise of shock and suddenly (Y/n) could barley breathe.

'He-he can't be serious...right?!'

=======

Artwork used is mine!

Unedited

Hey yall,, just wanted to drop in real quick and say that I'm not dead! Just took an unannounced break from quotev(and wattpad) and wanted to drop something while i still have motivation to write. My bad, this break took a bit longer than I expected, but school work got busy during the last few weeks before winter break and im ngl, I just wanted to relax during the break cause I have exams as soon as I get back. Initially I wanted to post something around christmas, but got side tracked with life and stalled a bit. But today's also a special occasion bc of my birthday so I wanted to make sure I got something out(officially 15 lets gooooooo!!) Sorry for the short chapter tho bros I'm feelin a bit rusty lol so I'll try to post again sooner. Once again, thank you for reading, stay safe and happy new years!!

-M.M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.9K 6
[ 𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦! 𝗠𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗢 𝗔𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗔 𝗫 𝗙𝗘𝗠! 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗥 , 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎, 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 ] ❝...
25.7K 597 15
Having a quirk was considered normal in society. In fact, it was welcomed. 80% of the entire population had some sort of uncanny ability, whether it...
2.8K 122 33
┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐ 𝐿𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝑜𝓁 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓈𝓈, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓋𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓋...
165K 5.9K 14
❝ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑝𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑦𝑒𝑡?❞ ❝𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑑*𝑚𝑛 𝑑𝑒𝑘𝑢.❞ ...