Dark Intentions, Light Benefi...

By gardenknome156

Lord Voldemort gained his body in first year without the knowledge of the light side. Draco came back to Malf... More

Welcome
Chapter One: Last Day of Third Year
Chapter Two: Inquiries and Proposals
Chapter Three: Something to Worry About
Chapter Four: One Down, One to Go
Chapter Five: Law? What Law?
Chapter Six: Guardian Snape
Chapter Seven: A Friendly Lunch
Chapter Eight: Well Thats Shocking
Chapter Nine: Spanner in The Works
Chapter Eleven: Quidditch Quandary

Chapter Ten: The Potter Twins' Birthday

1K 30 13
By gardenknome156

Hey, I'm back. Sorry for the long wait. I have been job hunting and in interviews, and have been offered a job. I will be starting soon.  

I want to thank you all for your patience and I'm glad you are enjoying this story. 

Anyway, I have finally managed to finish this chapter. I can't tell you how many times I have written it and then re-wrote it. I really struggled with this one, but I hope it's okay. 

Right, moving on. Enjoy.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

I don't own the Harry Potter Collection, just the mistakes.

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Spell"

'repeated that someone else has said'

"Twin Speech" "Talking at the same time"

$parseltongue$

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

30th July 1994

It had been busy, preparing for this day, the Potter Twins' Offical introduction to other Wizardkind in their social circle. All the Prince Manor's elves were rushing around, preparing food, setting up the main sitting room for guests who want out of the sun and the garden where it would all take place. The elves were ecstatic, there was lots of work to do.

Sirius Black was still living inside Prince Manor, enjoying his newfound freedom and spending time with James's kids. Andromeda has visited not long after the trial to do Harry and Hermione's routine check-up with mixed results. Harry was healing correctly and could come off his Murtlap Essence, and his Skele-Grow was the same, but the Nutrients potions were halved.

Hermione wasn't the same. She hadn't gained as much as she should have, and her immune system was still weak. If Hermione wasn't so powerful, Andromeda was sure Hermione would constantly be sick. However, she was able to come off the Murtlap Essence, but everything else stayed the same. Hermione admitted her parents' schedule for her and learning everything Severus gave her didn't leave much time to follow Andromeda's program. Hermione said she always had Breakfast and Dinner and the occasional snack Namy sneaked in while no one was around. That was concerning.

However, that wasn't an issue anymore. Isolde Whitley had contacted Severus regarding the Grangers. Whitley did another home check with Madam Bones, and everything she told the Grangers to do hadn't been done. The older Granger's said they hadn't had the time. This could be true, apart from Legilimens showed otherwise. The Grangers' didn't care or want to improve their adopted daughter's living conditions.

Legilimens also showed how Hermione turned up at theirs. Left on the doorstep in November, with a note. Mr Granger knew of magic and dispised it, as his ancestors had been cast out for not possessing it. Mr Granger's mind showed how he thought of taking the child to an orphanage but then changed his mind once he touched the basket. Madam Bones suspected Dumbledore had charmed the basket to compelled the Granger's to keep Hermione. However, there was no proof.

Madam Bone's and Whitley searched the minds of Mr and Mrs Granger. Their minds were full of neglect and abuse towards Hermione. The Grangers used Hermione intelligence to boast to their friends, which made them superior in their minds. After all, gifted children come from intelligent parents, right? That was the only thing they liked about Hermione, her mentality. Not to mention the £1,160 a month they received for Hermione's "care" made keeping Hermione better. £1,160 a month, free, was excellent. They could have an extra luxury every so often.

Anyway, Whitley had sent Severus a detailed letter of the investigation, Sunday Evening, just before Hermione was due back at the Grangers. There was enough evidence to remove Hermione from the Grangers' care permanently. Some injuries in Hermione's youth were from a nudge that caused Hermione to land wrong. Then there was them refusing to take her to a Doctor's practice because they went private. It would cost them a lot. To top that off; the stress, missed meals and exhaustion of Hermione's workload could be linked to her weakened Immune System. The Grangers had signed over their rights to Severus. They never wanted Hermione and were glad she wasn't coming back.

Severus was tasked with telling Hermione the news. Hermione was secretly glad she wouldn't have to return to the Grangers. She didn't let it show too much, though.

Anyway, Hermione living with Severus full-time was better. He wouldn't need to make up an excuse for Hermione to come to the Manor on Tuesday for the party. Harry was also glad Hermione would be living with them too. He would have someone his age to hang out with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DILB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

31st July 1994

The party was to start at 12:00 sharp. Severus had received responses from everyone who were coming. Which was about 95% of the invitees. He only invented those who have children in Hogwarts and are in the Twins' social circle, no lower than a Baronetcy. However, he informs the other families (without children around the Potters age) why they weren't invited. It wasn't out of spite. The invites contained; a dress code, semi-formal; a shirt and trousers for the boys, dresses or a skirt and blouse for the girls.

The elves had done a great job of setting up the garden. Everything was perfect, multiple white tables and chairs, some under gazebos and some in the sun. There was a long buffet table, so guests can pick and choose food after it was served at 2 Pm. The elves had cleaned out the pond to make sure it was crystal, and the koi were clear to see. There was also lots of space for everyone to branch off into groups without feeling cramped. Then there was an ice feature in the middle of the buffet table of a stag and doe to honour the twins' parents. It had a Cooling Charm and Status Charm to ensure it wouldn't melt until the party was over.

The elves had also rearranged the sitting room with the double glass doors to the garden. This would allow anyone to sit inside where it was colder. However, the room would only hold 20 people at most, and only half would be able to sit. Unless they really crammed in.

Severus left the elves to finish and went to get ready. He also told Namy and Harbey to get the Potter's ready. Then asked Hizzy to inform Black to behave and be presentable. Black was such a child and almost was kicked out of the Manor multiple times.

Severus changed into black trousers, a white shirt, a black waistcoat and black button boots. He left his top shirt button undone and added his Prince Crest cufflinks to his shirt. To top it all off, Severus put on the Prince Lordship ring. He didn't wear it as much as he should, but working with potions every day could damage the ring long-term.

The Prince Crest was a dark green shield with gold trim. In the Center was an Imperial Wreath Crown made of golden leaves. The Motto isn't on the cufflinks, but it's Pugnare Aut Opus, Parati Sumus. Meaning: To Fight or Work, We Are Ready.

Severus then went back downstairs to wait for the duo. To his delight, they were already dressed and waiting for him. Severus nodded his approval at them. Harry wore a dark purple shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, and the top button was undone. The shirt was tucked into black trousers, and he wore smart black muggle shoes. Harry also wore a black waistcoat, and his hair was neat. Additionally, he is wearing the Potter's heir ring on his right ring finger, and the Fleamont Scion ring and Evan's heir ring had merged with it. The Peverell ring on his right index finger. The Gryffindor Heir ring on his right middle finger and the Slytherin Heir ring had fused with it, as did the Grant ring. Then the Ermys Scion ring was on his left index finger, and the Pendragon Scion ring was on his left middle finger.

As this was an event that was about showing wealth, family and status, family heirlooms would be on display, so Severus had Ragnok VII owl them. Not all rings would merge together. The ring's magic would only join with bands that had strong family connections. Such as the Potter and Peverell rings, their ties go back centuries.

Hermione wore a simple but elegant dark purple summer dress that fell just above her knees. She wore simple purple heels that strapped around her ankles and showed off her blue painted nails. Her hair was loose, only a clip with a sapphire encrusted butterfly, held some back, in a half-up, half-down style. She also wore light makeup keeping her features natural. She had the Potter daughter ring on her right ring finger. It was just to show the family she came from. However, it would let her know if potions were in her drinks or food. On her index finger, she wore the Lefay Heir ring. The daughter Dagworth-Granger ring on her right middle finger and on her left index finger, she wore the Ravenclaw Heiress ring.

Hermione also looked slightly different. Andromeda removed her glamour Saturday. That was something that would have been tricky to explain to the Grangers. Hermione now took more after Lilly's family. With Lilly's mother's freckles, caramel brown hair with natural auburn hair highlights, but her face and body structure were the same as Lilly's at 14. However, Hermione had her father's brown eyes, but they had unique gold flecks. Sirius mentioned they were a Fleamont family trait. Fallen from Stars, their Motto was because of the gold flecks. Hermione was sad at first because she didn't take more after one parent like Harry did. Harry reassured her, saying it made her Unquie and one of a kind. That made her feel better.

Sirius mentioned that the Potter's hadn't has a girl born into the family in centries as the Potter's were known to have boys. The last girl born before Hermione was during the 1700s. To Lord Hardwin Charles Potter II and Lady Adamaris Potter, née Fawley. Who had twins, one boy and one girl. Beowulf Hardwin Charles and Beatrix Iolanthe Potter. Sirius knew some of the Potter's history and had seen paintings. He claimed while boys always take after their father's but have their mother's eyes. From what Sirius could gather from the portraits and James' parents, Potter daughters always took after the mother's side but had something of her father's. For example, their eyes. Once the twins get the Potter's Grimore, they should be able to get more answers.

Speaking of Sirius, he met the three of them by the stairwell. Sirius wore black trousers, a white shirt with the top button undone and sleeves rolled up. He also wore a dark burgundy waistcoat and button boots. Sirius's usually wild dark hair was cut to brush his shoulders, and it was tamer. The twins' guessed Hizzy got his way, and Sirius had to have a haircut. At least he was allowed to keep his beard which had been neatened too. Sirius wore the Black Heir ring on his right ring finger, as he had not yet claimed the mantel of Earl Black.

"Finally managed to dress properly, Black?" Severus drawls, so Sirius come back with.

"Finally got the grease out of your hair?" The men glared at each other. Hermione and Harry glanced between the two men. They weren't sure how to break or dwindle the childish feud the adults continued to brew. Severus and Sirius didn't stay in the same room long. It was usually Sirius who caused the issues, though. He would distract the Potters as Severus taught them Wizarding lessons or when he allowed them to work on potions with him.

Sirius was trying to be a good Godfather/uncle but was going around it the wrong way. Whereas Severus was teaching them skills to fit in with their new world and status. Sirius wanted to teach them escapades like the Marauders. However, Sirius wanted to be more of a friend than a responsible adult, and the twins thought some of the pranks were mean and not funny. They suspect his time in Azkaban had affected him as he missed out on his 20s. Sirius seemed like an immature teenager sometimes.

Thankfully, Hizzy popped to their location, breaking the tension. "Master, guests be arriving." Severus tore his eyes from Sirius and turned to Hizzy. Hizzy wore a smart black tuxedo with a white shirt and a black bowtie with black boots.

"Very Good. Everything in place?" Hizzy nodded at his Master. "Perfect. Harry, you come with me to the door to greet the guests. Hermione, stick close to us. You are expected to show our guests to the garden. Black," Severus stopped and gave Sirius a firm look. "Just....don't cause trouble. This is important." Sirius tried to match Severus look but failed.

Severus had planned everything. From when the party started to when the event finishes at 4 Pm. He won't have Black messing up the schedule and making it a laughing stock. Harry and Hermione were told they could open their presents once everyone has left because there could be hundreds. It was good manners for every family to bring at least one gift for the host(s). Or, in this case, the birthday children.

Severus thanked Hizzy and sharply turned, gesturing for the twins to follow. As they waited by the front door for the first guests, Severus explained the process. "We only greet our guests for 10 minutes. Anyone running behind or turn up after that don't get greeted personally by us at the door. Hizzy will answer the door and bring them through. They don't deserve our greetings for lateness." The duo nods to show they understood. It made sense.

As expected, the Malfoys were first to arrive. Both Lucius and Draco wore emerald dress shirts, but Draco had the sleeves rolled up. They also donned dark grey waistcoats and trousers with black dragonhide button boots. Lucius decided to wear a dark grey cravat tie with a black gemmed gold pin. They wore their gold Malfoy rings, Baroncey and Heir, respectively. Narcissa wore a dark green summer dress with thin straps and a grey belt to emphasize her curves. Her blond hair was in an elegant half-up, half-down style with a Malfoy Crest clip. Jewellery wise, she wore a gold necklace, her wedding ring, the Malfoy Barroness ring and a few bracelets with emerald or black gems on gold bands.

Severus greeted Lucius first, then kissed the air above Narcissa's knuckles and finally shook Draco's hand. Harry was next to greet them, then Hermione. Draco once again made Hermione blush with a kiss on her knuckle, right above the Ravenclaw Heiress ring and saying how beautiful she looked. The children missed Lucius's knowing look to Severus, who scowled. Nor did they see Narcissa's disapproving look.

The arrival of the Greengrasses and Notts brought the attention away from Lucius's and Severus's silent conversation. They got the same greeting from Severus, Harry and Hermione before Hermione showed them to the garden. This process continued as they greeted the Longbottoms, Tonkses, Professor McGonagall and her niece, Melvina McGonagall, the Lovegoods, Parkinsons (who made disgusted faces at Hermione, which were ignored). The Crabbs, Goyles, the Boots and the Zabinis including, Blaise's new Step-Father, number 6, a wealthy French Half-blood.

They shook a few more hands of a dozen more families before Severus stated it had been 15 minutes, so they should join their guests in the garden. Both Hermione and Harry had lost count of people around the 120 mark.

The average family had 3 people, but the highest so far was the Spinnet family at 7. Harry didn't realise Alicia had 4 brothers, 1 older and 3 younger. However, they knew the Weasley's would likely be the highest number at 8 because Ron said Bill and Charlie wanted to come.

The presents table was overflowing, so the elves had set up another table which was reaching its peak as well. There was still 20 or so families due, and the guest list had approximately 300 names listed. The Twins had never seen so many wrapped gifts in one room before. Not even on Christmas day at Hogwarts in the Gryffindor Common room.

Once outside, Neville walked up to them wanted to catch up. Severus was roped into a conversation with Neville's Gran and Uncle Algie. Hermione was formally introduced to Regent Augusta Longbottom, Dowager of the late-late Earl of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Longbottom. Regent Longbottom had been friends with their Great-Grandmother Edris Potter nee Fleamont and her birth family, so commented on Hermione's unique eyes. At 87, Dowager Longbottom was still going strong and gained lots of respect from her peers.

Harry and Hermione were told to interact with every person of their age. Whether they be a few years above or below. Severus explained it wasn't too important for them to interact with the adults... yet. Maybe when they were 16 and the build-up for them to take their full titles. There were at least 100 people that matched the group Severus told them to meet. Thankfully, Neville agreed to walk with them, as he knew more or less everyone's name. A quarter of the children were in Hogwarts with them, and they had crossed paths with.

The duo enjoyed Susan Bones's company and didn't mind Padma Patil's either. She was nothing like her sister, who was a major gossip. Then Rubie Runcorn, another Ravenclaw their age, was a bit stoic but turned out to be quite funny. She was being raised by her Uncle, older brother and his Fiance, Megan MacDougal.

Soon Draco, Daphne, Tracey, Theodore, Blaise and Millicent Bulstrode joined them, making the group bigger. Both Harry and Hermione were surprised to learn how much they got on with other students outside of Hogwarts. It was like a spell washed over the students, making them cruel to one another once they enter its wards. Hermione excused herself for a minute to bring over Luna Lovegood, who was staring into the Koi pond.

Harry instantly clicked with Luna in a sibling/friendship bond. However, Theodore Nott seemed to be watching the fair-haired witch with interest.

Many of the other students, in their year, joined the group to wish the Twins a Happy Birthday and stayed to chat. Harry and Hermione hadn't seen this many people in one group before, not even in muggle school or at their old families parties.

More and more families turned up. Giving leaving their presents to Hizzy or another elf before hastily walking to Severus to apologise for their lateness. Finally, Remus came out to the garden wearing shabby clothes. A fraying white shirt tucked into brown trousers and a pair of scratched brown shoes. Harry and Hermione excused themself to go and greet Hermione's Godfather. Severus was talking to him, and Remus looked sad.

"Professor Lupin." They speak cheerfully.

"How do you do?" Hermione says.

"You weren't responding to our letters," Harry added.

"You don't have to call me Professor anymore. Remus is fine." Remus responds. Looking at Hermione, he says. "I have been fine, thank you." Then to Harry. "I'm sorry. Professor Dumbledore didn't want to bring... unsavoury people or Sirius to your doors. He was worried they could track you." Then he mumbled. "However, we don't have to worry about the latter anymore."

"You won't have to worry about either. The wards around my Manor stop any letter or people that intend to cause physical harm. My elves will deal with the letters before bringing them to me. At Hogwarts, their personal elves will check everything going directly to them." Severus explained, and Remus nods.

"Remus, can I have a word?" Sirius says from behind the Potter Twins. Remus nods and gives the Twins a pat on their shoulders and a nod to Severus. Severus sent the duo off again to mingle.

No more than 10 minutes later, the Weasley Clan turned up. Arthur, Bill, Charlie and the Twins have all dressed appropriately in shirts, trousers and smart shoes, in shades of blues or greys. All worn, but the two oldest had the best quality clothes than the rest as they only needed to support themselves. Mrs Weasley wore a plain, dark blue dress that came to her knee with simple high heels, a lighter blue shawl and her gold wedding ring. The Potters wondered why she wasn't wearing the Weasley Ladyship ring with the Weasley Crest because Mr Weasley had his Lordship band on.

Ginny was wearing a short, super-short floral grey and blue summer dress that didn't seem appropriate for someone of her age, and she wore way too much makeup. Ron wore a pair of threadbare grey trousers, a pale blue short-sleeved shirt and black shoes. His hair had gotten a bit longer now reaching his shoulders. They wondered why Mrs Weasley had allowed that. She usually complained if the boys' hair was longer than 5 inches. Even when Harry visited before Second Year, she insisted he should let her cut his hair, after which his fringe grew back a day later.

Mr Weasley, Bill and Charlie made a beeline to Severus. While the Twins found their friend, Kenneth Towler and Molly, Ginny and Ron made their way over to Hermione and Harry. "Heya, mate. This is a bit much. Us, Dean and Seamus, woulda been enough?" Ron says before Molly pulled Harry into a bone-crushing hug. Once, she released him, said.

"We wanted to give you our presents personally, but that elf," Molly Pointing at Hizzy, who was surveying the garden for trouble or mess. "Wouldn't let us. Said his Master said you can't have your presents until after the party." Molly tuts at the end, displeased.

"That's right Mrs Wealey. Professor Snape says it's to make sure no one feels bad about what they are giving the hosts." Hermione says. Molly tuts again and observes Hermione up and down.

"That dress is much too short. The skirt should be two inches longer and the neckline higher. Mr Snape has no idea how to dress a young lady." Molly says disapprovingly. The other children and adults who overheard were looking at Molly like she was blind or senile. As her daughter was wearing a dress with a plunging neckline and landed at her thigh. Then her gaze turned to Harry. "And your clothes are too dark. You're at risk of overheating. There is no reason for a waistcoat. I can't believe Mr Snape allowed you to dress like this. And your hair is much too long, both of you. I will sort that right out." Molly ranted, and other's wonder if she was mentally well. Both children looked at the part and dressed appropriately, as their status demanded.

"Cooling charms exist for something." Severus drawls lazily, casing Molly to swing around to look at his imposing form. Standing next to Severus was her husband, Bill and Charlie. "And for future reference, it's Lord Snape outside of Hogwarts business," Severus says firmly.

"Molly, a word," Arthur says, gesturing for her to go with him. Molly had overstepped her position by criticising someone else's wards. Then turned to Harry and Hermione, once Molly walked away grumbling. "I'm sorry you, two," Then to Severus. "I'll talk to her." Severus nods once at him, and Arthur walks off. Severus nodded once at the children and walked away to stand with Lucius, Florian, Theodore Sr, Clarence and a few other adults.

Harry turned back to Ron, finally answering his question. "Er. Sev-er Lord Snape says it's important to connect with others in our circle and make connections for later life." Ron glances down at Harry's hands and spots the Heir rings. His face flushes with anger and grows when he sees Hermione's. He didn't like that they were "showing off" their wealth.

"Well... It's still a bit much. Plus, there are many filthy snakes here. Probably plann' on poising ya." Ron responds. Draco and a few others could see that the Weasle was holding back his jealously, and the golden duo seemed oblivious about it. "Herms, you must be loving this 'cause you're parents don't even send gifts to you at Hogwarts." Hermione glared at him for the nickname. Before she could state her answer, Draco steps forward.

"Hermione, you promised me a tour around the grounds, remember?" This earned him a glare from Ron and Hermione, but he just smirked. Harry nodded his thanks to Draco, so Hermione took his offered arm, and they walked off with one look back. Draco flashed the Weasle a smug smirk before giving his attention back to Hermione.

"I can't believe you're letting her go with that Slytherin," Ron says bitterly. Harry shrugged, not even a bit worried.

"Draco's not too bad once you get to know him. I have seen him quite a bit. Lord Snape left me with him at Malfoy Manor, and we played Quidditch." This did nothing to calm Ron. Instead, it made him more furious. Ginny decided to join the conversation.

"Hey, Harry. You wanna show me the grounds and Manor?" It was probably meant to sound suggestive, but Harry didn't pick it up. Yet, he looked uncomfortable. Not sure if he was allowed to show them inside, Severus rarely let guests free roam of his home. Unless he knew them personally or they were friends of his, and he trusted them. Harry wasn't stupid, he knew Severus didn't like the Weasley's much, other than Mr Weasley, the oldest two and the twins. 

"Er, I'm-" Harry started.

"Sorry, Weasleette, but Harry promised me a personal tour earlier," Daphne interjects, taking Harry's left arm and pulls him away. Leaving both Weasley's angry about being left behind because of the Slytherins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DILB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco was enjoying his walk with Hermione. Draco could keep up with her chatter and telling her every name to the flowers that he recognised. Hermione was a know-it-all, but she truly knew-it-all. He found her very easy-going outside of the school environment. And since Sev becoming her Guardian, she was blossoming into a beautiful woman. Gone with the bushy hair and buck-teeth, and he thought the new look suited her. Draco wasn't going to lie about him fancying her, but the question was whether she likes him back.

Unknown to him, Hermione was in a similar dilemma. Draco was nothing like he was in the first 3 years of Hogwarts and was pleasant company. And his looks were a bonus. Plus, he is intelligent and full of knowledge she didn't know. However, he had enough in common to get on with Harry, and they enjoy playing Quidditch together. Hermione thought it was too early to tell if they were compatible for a romantic relationship and couldn't imagine Draco liking her. He was an Adonis, and she was a plain jane even with her newly improved looks.

Harry, on the other hand, was confused. Daphne had just swooped in and dragged him away from the Weasleys. However, it did save him from making up an excuse as to why he didn't want to show Ginny around. Harry is awkward around people in general, and Ginny had gotten bolder around him since the Basilisk incident. He felt odd around her and couldn't work it out.

Harry listened to Daphne talk as they walked. Harry was enjoying her company. She is intelligent, with enthusiasm about Quidditch, but didn't wish to play the sport. Daphne also has an interest in spell creation. Daphne told Harry she wished to be an Unspeakable. Harry wasn't sure what he wanted to be after Hogwarts. Dumbledore told him his father became an Auror which sounded great. Daphne's disapproving face went unnoticed by Harry, but she smiled brightly at him anyway.

Draco and Hermione got back to the party first and immediately jumped into the conversation with other students. Harry and Daphne weren't too far behind and joined in too.

Harry struck up a conversation with Oliver Wood. He has been accepted as a reserved keeper for the Puddlemere United Quidditch team. Harry met his parents and Uncle, who were big Quidditch fans too. Oliver's father was a chaser for Puddlemere and his Uncle a beater.

The twins and Draco notice that Severus seemed to be spending a lot of time talking with Professor McGonagall's niece, Melvina. Melvina wasn't like her strict aunt and seemed quite fun. She was in her late 20s, around 26, they would guess, with light brown hair, pale green eyes and 5'7. Melvina had spent some time in America to get her Transfiguration Mastery but did go to Hogwarts as a Ravenclaw.

When the elves laid the food out on the buffet table. Harry and Hermione, along with other muggle-raised told the Wizard-raised all about the muggle food Severus served on top of traditional Wizard world party food. Some really loved the wide variety of food muggles had, but some of the purists just stuck their noses up at it.

Ron had rejoined the group again, engaging Harry, Dean and Seamus into Quidditch talk, at the same time of shoving Pizza down his gullet and shirt. Many looked on in disgust but said nothing. Thankfully, Mrs Weasley came and cleaned her son up. Much to her son's charging of his "dignity". After Molly left, the Gryffindor Quidditch team joined in the conversation, with many other Quidditch enthusiasts join hereafter. Everyone seemed to have at least one group they fit into, no matter the topic.

Sirius and the Weasley Twins attempted to make escapades, but Severus had already put Dill and Hizzy on watch. They were doing a great job at stopping the pranks. Severus could see Black getting more frustrated as nothing was working. Remus thankfully tried to keep Sirius from making a ruckus too.

The cake was cut at 3:30 on the dot, with everyone getting a slice. By the time 4 Pm came around, people started to vacate, some taking leftovers with them. Severus didn't want to waste or throw much out and welcomed anyone who wished to take some. He was surprised that the Weasleys, or rather, Mrs Weasley, refused to take any. Molly claimed it was too unhealthy or not done correctly. The Malfoys, Tonkses, Greengrasses and Weasleys were last to leave.

Mrs Weasley wanted to know if Harry and Hermione wanted to stay with her family until school starts. Severus thought Dumbledore had put the idea into the Matriarchs head. Severus told her the twins still had things to do before school. This caused Molly to accuse Severus of "corrupting" the children and not letting them be their age. Thankfully, Arthur walked his wife down the drive with their children following during the middle of Molly's rant.

The Greengrasses and Malfoys thank Severus and the Potter Twins, saying they will see them Sunday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DILB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Prince household change into comfortable clothes once everyone left, and the elves start to clean up. Then they all meet back in the sitting room. Severus handed over gifts so the Twins could open them.

Beginning with the presents on the tables. Lots of the gifts were impersonal, sweets, scented oils, some jewellery and Severus received a few glass mini sculptures and wines. The Twins now understood why Purebloods wait until after the party to open gifts. They couldn't see that they got the identical item as other families nor their reactions. Only, the McGonagalls got them something different. Transfiguration books, one from Britain and one from America.

The twins go through them quickly and move on close family friends. The presents were a bit more personal as they knew the Twins and Severus better. The Malfoy's got Harry a practice snitch. Hermione received a 5 Galleon (£25) voucher for Flourish and Blotts.

The Greengrass gave them a not yet out, Wizarding Board Game each, which Florian helped design. And Nevile got them some sort of magical plant with instruction for their care. While his Grandmother got Severus a new copper cauldron to create larger batches faster. It was much appreciated.

The Weasleys's presents got a laugh out of Hermione and Harry. From Ron, Ginny, Mr and Mrs Weasley, both got a box of homemade pastries and cauldron cakes. Harry also received a pair of knitted socks and a cheap broom servicing kit. Hermione received a book called 'Witch's Guide To Being A Good Wife'. The Twins laugh at this. At first, Severus didn't understand why seeing it was offensive but then realised it was like the Muggle book from the 1950s. 'How To Be A Good Wife'.

Bill gave them both something close to his job. Hermione got a book on warding, and Harry got a ward stone to place in his trunk. It protected it from theft and damage. Hermione would find how to make one from her book. Charlie gave them both a dragon tooth on a dragonhide cord for good luck and fortune, Harry received a red dragonhide and Hermione a blue. The Twins gave Harry a few joke sweets and gadgets made by them. While Hermione received a book on Human Transfiguration linking into the Animagus progress.

Sirius couldn't wait any longer and pushed his gifts to the Twins. Sirius sat up proudly as they open, the prank books and items. Because of the reaction Severus made. A groan and glare towards him. Sirius also got Hermione a Hippogriff (Buckbeaks) feathered self-inking quill and Harry the best quality seeker gloves.

Remus gave the Potter Twins much more mature and sensible gifts. For Hermione, a gold charm bracelet with 2 charms, an H and an otter which Severus now knew it's her Patronus. Harry received a more masculine wristlet, red dragonhide with an H, and a Stag imprinted on. Severus detected a protection charm to defend them against offensive spells, apart from the Unforgivable. He could also sense a mild tracking charm, but it was inactive, meaning Severus could link it to an item of his.

Next came the Tonkses' presents. Ted and Andy got Harry gold cufflinks with his birthstone, Rubies and a few muggle cookbooks, knowing Harry liked experimenting and creating new dishing. When Severus allowed it. Hermione received a pair of Ruby studded golden earing, a muggle knitting kit with an assortment of wool. Knowing Hermione prefers to make items the muggle way. Both pieces of jewellery were charmed with anti-theft and protection.

Harry and Hermione also got each other something small. Hermione got Harry a pocket watch, one he has been eyeing since the second year, but Mrs Weasley said there wasn't a point in having it. She said it was expensive, used to show wealth, and you didn't need a watch at Hogwarts as there was the Tempus charm

Hermione had the pocketwatch slightly altered, though. The outside of the gold case now had the Potter's Crest and Motto: Audax et Honesta sed Intelligentia, Vicerimus. Meaning: Bold and Honest but with Intelligence, We Conquer. On the inside of the case, an Owl, Stag and Doe are engraved. It had an anti-theft charm and could tell the time no matter the timezone, and it was water-resistant.

Harry gave Hermione a new school bag. It fit under Hogwarts standards (barley) because it held the Hogwarts Crest and Motto on the front. However, Harry added the Potter's Crest and Motto and a Stag and Otter surrounding the Hogwarts Arms. It was charmed to be no heavier than 5Kg and could hold up to 30 items. Plus, anti-theft and damage.

Before Severus could hand over his. Hizzy, Namy and Harbey popped in with all holding a largish brown box each. They bow before Hizzy spoke. "Goblin Ragnok the Seventh calls Hizzy to collect these. Says Potter parents wants children to have these." The elves put the boxes down and pop away. Severus checked them for spells, though he was sure the Goblins wouldn't send them if they were. Not to children anyway.

Harry and Hermione opened a crate each. Harry's box had his father's diaries in, and Hermione their mothers. The third one was even better. The Potter's Grimore and a note from Ragnok, explaining that his parents left them in his care until the Twins turn 14. However, the Grimore was meant to be in Harry's trust vault until he turned 7. Dumbledore took it, saying he would deliver it. Ragnok located it in Dumbledore's personal vault.

Finally, Severus handed his presents over. They both receive Mokeskin coin potches linked to their personal values. Capped at 100 Galleons a month, unless Severus allowed them to spend more. All they had to do is think of the amount needed, and it will appear in their hand. Harry then opened the next present, pulling out high quality, almost professional-level seeker armour. He was about to say thank you when Hermione gasped.

Inside her box was a kitten, a white and ginger tabby, pure Kneazle just bigger than a Maincoon kitten. I purred as she strokes its soft fur.

"I thought you like him. He's a pure Kneazle, a rare tabby, loyal, intelligent, but aggressive beast. He will let you know who to trust but need a lot of training. We don't want him to be aggressive to everyone, only out of protection. I have a License, and McGonagall cleared for you to take him with you to Hogwarts. Provided, he gets on with the other animals." Severus says.

"He's gorgeous, thank you," Hermione replies, making a mental note to brush up on their care. And think of a name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DILB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They spend off of the evening putting away the gifts they received in respectable places. Severus gave them the rest of the evening off from lessons. They did act accordingly at their party.

The duo introduced their pets to each other, and they got on well, surprisingly. Harry was sure Hedwig will teach the Kitten how to beg for bacon or chicken soon.

~~~~~Author's Note~~~~

Words: 6129

So, that's that for now. Lol. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter.  

I chose ginger and white kitten because Hermione had Crookshanks in canon. And I had a ginger cat growing up. They are my favourite coloured cats.

I wasn't sure what to name the kitten but wanted to be on theme with the series. I was thinking cat names from books because Hermione is a bookworm and would possibly name her's after a book. 

I had Cheshire (Alice in Wonderland), Aslan (The Chronicles of Narnia), Macavity (Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats and the Musical Cats). Then I thought about Shakespeare, as Hermione's name is featured in A Winter's Tale. I considered Grimalkin from Macbeth because it had Grim, a creature from Harry Potter in its name. However, in the end, I went with Shakespeare, so Shakes for short because why not?

Thank you again, for your patience. I really appreciate it. 

Anyway, I have started on the next chapter already. So, see you then.  😃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 8.3K 20
After his third year at Hogwarts, life for Harry Potter got strange. He began to feel things differently, see things differently, and sometimes even...
472 49 24
15 year old Katianne Potter finally broke out of her little bubble and decided to be friends with not just Elliot Diggory and her brother, but also w...
729K 19K 43
Hermione and Draco had been enemies from the first time they saw each other but something had happened in the years they were, Draco felt something t...
19.1K 1K 15
Draco tumbled out of a distantly familiar bed in a panic. What was he doing in the Manor, in his eleven year old body? How did he travel back in time...