MORE, james potter ✔

Par -tothelakes

OLD DRAFT, ella-rose, a strong-willed gryffindor, had always known james. they had been best friends since th... Plus

REWRITTEN
MORE
GRAPHICS
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
interlude : the aftermath
chapter nine
chapter ten
interlude: a conversation between friends
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
interlude: what now?
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
interlude: james' side
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
bonus scene: cuddling

chapter one

35.9K 678 713
Par -tothelakes

CHAPTER ONE.
( JOURNEY HOME.. )

     The start of a new school year had always been exciting and nerve-wracking for Ella. This one was a little different, however, since she had spent most of the summer sleeping with her best-childhood friend who was the main reason she ended up in Gryffindor house. Now, they were both sat on the Hogwarts Express with at least half an hour before it was meant to depart from the station. The turn of events was something that Ella Woods and James Potter had found rather unamusing and frustrating but like everything, they were making the best out of a bad situation.

      The two were sat across from each other in the carriage, trading kicks with each other. The kicks were in no way harsh but they were trying their best to amuse themselves with the little game. The first one to make a noise would be the one that lost and of course, it had been Ella. He always got overly competitive with it and she ended up booting his shin in retaliation which only got her a pout from the Potter. She scoffed at him and then moved to sit next to him instead.

     "Look at 'em, talking like they have nothin' better to do," Ella muttered, narrowing her eyes as she watched her mother and Euphemia talk across the station. Ella's Mancunian accent had become more prominent over the summer despite spending most of the time with James and his family who were considerably posher than Ella was. Her mother, Margaret, was holding Ella's cat - Molly - and even though they were supposed to be leaving to attend to the business they had in London, they had yet to leave or give Molly back to the brunette.

     "At least Molly's not here," He smirked and Ella was quick to smack his head. It was a little awkward due to their close proximity and the height difference but she managed. He even let out a groan at how hard she hit him. But as she did so, her mother looked up from her conversation with Euphemia. The look on her face was not one of amusement and Ella groaned. She looked at James with a playful glare before getting up.

     "I'm goin' to get Mol." Ella said before she pulled the door to the carriage open. She then walked down the corridor to the end of the carriage. Once she'd reached the door onto the platform, she came face-to-face with her mother. Placing Molly into the brunette's arms, she was about to begin a lecture when James appeared. A cocky smile on his lips. Margaret quickly dropped the lecture and instead smiled at James. After a curt farewell, she left. Leaving the pair alone again. Molly now content in Ella's arms.

     "The little furball is here. Wonderful," James said as he stroked the cat. His hand scratching the cats cheek who purred in response to the affection. Ella couldn't help but grin at James. He pretended to hate Molly but even then the adoration was still evident when they were together. James let his hand drop after a moment and then gestured to the sweet trolley, quirking his eyebrow.

     "We aren't stealing 'em. Come on, cough up, you're paying for gettin' me in trouble," Ella quickly said as she turned around to face it. James gave her a small pout before he gave in. He then walked over to the trolley and picked up everything he wanted from it. Ella picking up a few extras, pocketing the chocolate frogs in her cardigan. James then placed the money in the empty register, smiling at Ella before the two of them headed back to their compartment.

     Ella plopped down in her seat. Molly meowing at her before Ella allowed the cat to roam the compartment. They weren't even meant to be having animals in the compartments but Molly had always got anxious when they put her in a carrier so didn't want the hassle. It was nicer this way, especially since Molly usually just lay in Ella's lap and slept for the journey.

     "Why do you have to sit next to me when we have the whole carriage free?" He asked as he looked down at the girl. Ella shrugged and kept her gaze on Molly as James opened his pack of assorted sours. He then took one out, popping it into his mouth. Ella watched as Molly tried to climb out of the window but quickly discovered there was no way out, meowing at the glass before sitting down on the seat.

     "Maybe I like sittin' next to ya, Potter. Is that a problem?" Ella asked as she dipped her hand into his bag of sweets. She then popped one into her mouth, her face scrunching up at the sour taste. She forgot how awful they were and could never understand why James liked them. He chuckled at her face and booped her nose, causing Ella to pout a little.

     "It's not an issue. M'just saying." He shrugged before a smirk spread across his lips, "After all, you spent most of the summer on m-" He began but Ella was quick to elbow him in the stomach. Stopping him from making whatever dirty joke he was about to make. There was also a small part of Ella that feared someone would be listening to their conversation and she didn't really want to expose their hook-ups. Not with the feelings she had began to harbour due to their summer-time trysts. He smirked and ate another sweet, shrugging, "You know where that was going," He said and she rolled her eyes.

     "I do and you've gotta be more careful. You never know who's listening." Ella said as she reached into her pocket to pull out the pack of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. Her fingers were cautious as she opened it up. Making sure not to spill any before she picked one from the top. Every time she had tried to enjoy the jelly beans, she often found herself with the most disgusting flavours. She hoped that maybe this time would be different so she placed it in her mouth and began to chew.

     James watching in anticipation. They had made it a game during the summer. If she got a good flavour, he'd give her something special. If she got a bad flavour, he got something special. That wouldn't exactly work now but he was still curious to what she would get. Ella's face quickly began to scrunch up and she covered her mouth, groaning at the taste.

     "Dirty socks." She muttered as she grabbed a napkin from her satchel. She then put it in there and stuffed it into her pocket, reminding herself to put that in the bin at some point. James chuckled and put another sweet in his mouth in an attempt to cover his smirk. Ella caught it anyway, closing the box and glancing over at him. He was staring out the window, not even trying to hide it now he'd been caught, "James." She warned and he looked at her, cocking an eyebrow. It wasn't like he'd actually done anything. She didn't believe.

     "M'just thinking about the game we played back home," He shrugged and Ella looked at him, smacking his chest before she grabbed a chocolate bar from their stash. She snapped it into smaller chunks before taking a square and popping it into her mouth. She couldn't believe him.

     "All ya think about is sex, 'onestly" She muttered under her breath as she watched Molly. Who was now precariously walking along the back of the seats in an attempt to find a way onto the luggage racks. There was no way but Molly was always determined it seemed. Her bushy tail swishing as she sniffed at the iron railing that kept everything up.

     "Do you not want to continue when we are back at Hogwarts?" He asked, turning to face her now. His body on an angle as he reached out to push some hair behind her ear. His fingers touching her skin causing her to flush a soft pink shade. She did not want it to stop but she knew that when they returned, he would be fawning over Lily again. He would only use her for the sex... again. Not that she disliked it. It made her glad that she could even have a part of him to herself.

     "I do, trust me. I do. We'll just have to be more cautious," She responded, meeting his blue eyes with her brown ones. She hated how gorgeously blue his were. They were so easy to get lost in. Like the sea on a sunny day. But she smiled and looked away from him. Watching as Molly nearly slipped off the back of the seat. Ella chuckled under her breath and called the cat to her. Molly jumping into her lap where Ella began to stroke her. The cat flopping over and purring at the attention.

     "Do you ever let that cat go?" The familiar voice of Sirius made Ella jump. The black-haired boy was stood at the compartment door. A playful frown on his lips as he walked over. Molly looked at him and moved to stand up, jumping down. Sirius moved into the compartment and closed the door, letting the cat rub up against his legs as he smiled softly.

     "Why'd I ever do that?" Ella said as she watched Sirius sit down. Molly following the boy like a lost kitten. She jumped up onto the seats and was quick to snuggle up into Sirius' lap. That made Ella pout but Sirius didn't seem to mind as he gave the little cat all his attention. James looked from his friend and then to Ella, giving her an amused look that she shared.

     "Because I want her," Sirius said as he scratched the cat's belly. Molly purring in approval as she let her eyes close. Ella pouted and watched him. James then took out her Bertie Bott's Beans out and grabbed one, flicking it as Sirius' head. Quickly dumping the packet in Ella's lap to make it look like her. The bean ended on Molly's stomach and Sirius was quick to retrieve it and throw it at Ella's head.

     "You're both such pigs, Mol's mine," Ella pouted as she closed her beans. Her arms crossing over her chest as she pouted. James chuckled and poked her cheek to remove the pout. He then continued to eat his sour sweets. The conversations ebbing off to just quiet words about the school year and why Sirius was nearly as early as Ella and James.

     Soon enough, however, Remus and Peter had appeared. Molly ended up abandoning Sirius at the appearance of Remus. Preferring the werewolf over the dog as she pressed her paws against Remus' chest. Meowing at him for attention. Remus gave Ella a look who simply shrugged in response. Remus chuckled and then began to stroke the cat who seemed content with his attention for the moment.

     Layla was the last to join them just a minute before the train was supposed to leave. She seemed out of breath as she collapsed into her usual seat. However, her seat quickly led to James purposefully pushing against Ella. Pretending like they had no room, he pulled the girl onto his lap so they had more free room.

     "James, let me 'ave me seat back," Ella whined as she turned to face him. Her legs moving to sit more comfortable in his lap. James' eyes sparkling with a hint of glee and mischief. She rolled her eyes and flicked his forehead, giving him a serious look, "Gimme my window seat," She continued to whine. Her hand moving into the pocket of his pants and stealing the bag of sherbet lemons. His eyes narrowed as she tried to take them away from him.

     "Give them back. M'sorry, just give me my sherbet lemons back," He said. He could very easily reach out and grab them if he wanted to. However, he wanted to see how she'd act and if she'd be nice enough to return them. She shook her head and he quickly wrapped an arm around her waist and grabbed them with little to no difficult. She practically screeched as he stole them back.

     But once he had them back, he shuffled and allowed her to have her seat back. Her pouting face causing him to soften. Ella was grinning now and she looked between her friends. Peter and Layla having watched in amusement. Sirius and Remus far too enamoured by Molly to even care about the two. Molly had been pawing at Remus' chest the whole time and they had been giving her special attention.

     Once the seats had been sorted and the train began to move, the conversations began. Ella, Layla, James and Remus had to briefly disappears for their prefect patrol but they were soon back in their rightful seats. The left seat had Ella by the window, James in the middle and Layla closest to the door. The right had Remus by the window, Sirius in the middle and Peter at the end. Layla and Peter often liked to talk quietly, away from the chaotic energy of their friends. Their friends were loud and often talking over each other. Molly eventually fell asleep on Remus' lap after he had return.

     The journey was as it always was for the group. Loud, raucous and filled with various games. Talking about their summers and any stupid stories. Of course, James bragged about his new 'Head Boy' title, something Ella would be endlessly jealous of. Ella and James careful not to share any that they shouldn't have. Ella more cautious than James and his blabber mouth. She didn't mind though and the journey didn't seem to take as long as it usually would. Her gaze on James almost the entire time. Watching him, smile, laugh, scheme all while they were heading back to the school that made them all feel safe.

***

     Ella was sat in the Great Hall. A grin on her lips as she spoke with her friends. The catch-up on the train hadn't nearly been enough to get through the stories from their weeks apart. Sirius always had something else to say and it seemed that Peter had done some interesting stuff too. With the new Gryffindor students having been sorted, there was also a new group of excited students who wanted to hear about the school life.

     Ella, Remus and Layla - along with Lily - were landed with that job since the four were all prefects. There were a few more Gryffindor prefects but most of them were quiet. Lily and Remus talking about the more studious side while Ella and Layla talked about the practical things. The adventures and the wonders of the class. It had enraptured their attention until Ella noticed that Dumbledore was stood on the podium, waiting to speak. Ella quickly getting every to quieten and pay attention to the headmaster.

     Dumbledore looked across the crowd, a hint of a smile on his lips before his eyes seemed to land on Ella. Lingering for a moment before he began his speech. "It's the start of another year at Hogwarts. A very important year for some of you and a very exciting year for others. Nevertheless, I expect all of you to be kind to one another and show respect for everyone around you. At Hogwarts, you make friends that you will have for life and that opportunity should not be taken for granted," Dumbledore began. His usual speech but it never made any difference that she'd heard it before. It always made her look at Layla and the Marauders with a wide grin on her face. She had been incredibly lucky to find friends.

     "Don't look at me like that, you sap," Layla whispered, giving her a nudge and Ella chuckled. She then wrapped her arms around Layla's side and rested her head against her shoulder. Even if it was the start of their last year, Ella was still emotional. She never wanted to leave Hogwarts and the safe space that it brought her. It was her home away from home. Where she felt protected and happy. Layla stroked the brunette's hair, chuckling softly as Dumbledore continued.

     "Whether this is the beginning or the end of your journey at Hogwarts, I hope that you all have friends that will care for you and I know you will begin to learn or have learnt what you need to move on from this castle and do what you have always dreamt of doing." He finished. It was short but it was always something that made Ella grateful. She had friends, she had people that cared for her and she knew that she had learnt what she needed. She could go on and do whatever she wanted thanks to this school and the friends she made.

     "Friends are the most important connection you can have. So, do not let them get away," He said, his eyes on Ella and Layla. Not that Ella noticed with her head resting against Layla's shoulder. A small pout on the brunette's lips. She didn't want to think about leaving her friends behind. Layla found the look strange but just rubbed her friend's back. Ella sitting up now, James watching her even if she didn't notice, "Now, another notice, I would like to announce that come the Christmas holidays, our lovely herbology teacher - Mrs Fernsby - will be leaving to take maternity leave. Her position will be replaced come January and the process of finding a professor to fulfil her role is still in the works. But, never fear, there will be a teacher to stand-in while she is gone." He explained. Ella pouted at the revelation as she slouched over. She didn't want a new professor but she knew it was just another chance to impress a new teacher.

     "Unless I have missed anything," Dumbledore said, looking around waiting for any objection but there were none, "Then left the feast begin," He said with a wave of his hand. The tables were quickly filled with food. Ella grinned as she looked around her. That was the best thing about Hogwarts... the food. It was wonderful. She reached out and filled her plate up. She made sure it was a moderate amount and kept it balanced. Her mother had always taught her to be conscious of her food.

     As they ate, however, that soon went out the window. She managed to eat the whole plate with ease and with James constantly waving unhealthy food in her face, she gave in. Taking a bite right out of the fried chicken in his hand. He looked at her with an incredulous look and she grinned, snatching it from him and eating the rest happily.

     "You cheeky bugger," He scolded and Ella nudged him with her knee under the table. He rolled his eyes at her and then he took another piece, eating the chicken. Ella chuckled and then reached out for the hummus and carrot sticks. She scooped out hummus and then began to dip carrot sticks in. James quickly swooping in with his own carrot stick to steal most of what she had managed to get. The hummus now lost to the rest of the table.

     "Dick," She pouted as she looked up at him. He shrugged and she continued to eat the rest of her hummus with a pout. The conversation, however, quickly picked up and it wasn't long until the feast was over. Ella and James having to lead the first years to the dormitory. Her friends assisting her with crowd control. Lily, the head girl, was guiding the group from the back and James finally taking some responsibility, helped Ella at the front. The Gryffindors were clearly feeling particularly rumbustious that night.

     Once they were all situated and understood the rules, Ella was in her own dorm. It was the same one she'd had for the past six years and she was glad to be there. It felt like home and even with the uncertainty of a new teacher, she felt happy. Her trunk was placed in front of her bed and she was attempting to find her pyjamas in the pile. Layla - who was in the bathroom - was talking through the door at her. Ella only half-paying attention as she became more frustrated.

     "I can hear you sighing from here, what's wrong?" Layla asked as she opened the door. Now dressed in her pyjamas, a simple night gown as she walked over to her friend. Ella just gestured to the trunk and Layla nodded, coming to join her. A silent agreement passing between the two of them as they began to rifle through to find Ella's pyjamas. They were hard to miss underneath the black robes but with two eyes, it should have been easier.

     But before Layla could even find the t-shirts, she laid eyes on something else. A box of condom. Her gaze fixed on it as she stopped moving. Then she glanced at Ella before pulling it out. An incredulous look on her face. Ella's eyes widened and she snatched them from the girl. Her fringe nearly covering her eyebrows due to her expression.

     "I ain't gettin' pregnant at 17," Ella quickly said, stuffing them back into a place that would keep them hidden from sight. Layla scoffed and then began to rifle again. Trying to work out why her friend was even bringing condoms with her to Hogwarts. It certainly was not subtle.

     "Please don't tell me you're still hooking-up with James," Layla stopped as she turned to face her friend. Ella shrugged and then went back to find her clothes. Not willing to hear the lecture she was bound to receive. The girl next to her was the only one other than James himself that was aware of their casual hook-ups. However, Layla knew something James didn't. She knew that Ella was in love with the brown-haired mischievous boy. Insisted that she tell James but it seemed she hadn't.

     "So, what if I am. S'only casual, not like 'e's in love with me," Ella shrugged before Layla went back to searching too. Finding the oversized pair of plaid pyjama pants. They were certainly not Ella's but Layla just showed them to Ella who nodded her head.

     "But you're in love with him. When you started this casual relationship, you'd agreed not to fall in love with him. You should've already told him," Layla scolded as she went back to searching for a graphic tee. Ella managing to find it quicker than Layla could. Once they had replaced the clothes, Ella dropped the shirt onto the bed.

     "What 'e doesn't know can't hurt 'im, Layla. I'm not doing anythin' wrong. He likes the sex, I enjoy the sex and I get to be around 'im more. We both get what we want." Ella shrugged as she pulled her ponytail out. Her fingers then ran through the locks, trying to get rid of any knots or tangles. A small smile on her lips as she thought back to the summer that they had shared. It was the best time of her life.

     "You're being stupid, Ella. You know you are," Layla responded and Ella rolled her eyes, perching on the edge of the bed. She then began to braid her hair, managing to do it with ease as she looked off at the window across the wall. A perfect view of the Hogwarts grounds which Ella had always loved.

     "I'd rather be stupid and get a fraction of James than not have 'im at all. You know 'ow much he means to me and you know what me telling him would do. He's been chasin' after Lily for years. He doesn't want to know his best friend since he was born is crushing on him and has been for months." Ella responded quickly. She knew it was deceptive and selfish. Maybe just a little bit cruel both to herself and to James but she wouldn't want to live without him or let him go. She knew James, she knew what kind of person he was and her admittance that she was in love with him would do two things. One, boost his already massive ego and two, ruin their friendship forever.

     "You're being cruel. You need to be brave, Ella. You've got to have faith that he won't care and he won't reject you," Layla responded and that made Ella roll her eyes. She didn't need to brave or have faith. She knew for a fact what would happen. Faith and bravery had nothing to do with it. James was predictable at the worst of times and she did not want a broken heart.

     "I know what he'll do and I don't wanna face it. I can live in my blissful ignorance until he breaks it off 'cause Lily finally said yeah to him. S'what I'm goin' to do because gettin' my heart broken after knowing I had 'im even just a fraction is better than havin' my heart broken now when he wants to be around me. He doesn't need to know anythin' about my feelings. Let 'im be in his blissful ignorance, Layla." Ella said quickly. Wanting to wrap this argument and lecture up quickly. She honestly just wanted to get into bed and sleep. The day had left her exhausted and she didn't have the energy to argue with Layla anymore. There was no way Layla was going to convince her.

     However, Layla didn't want to give up. Well, she wasn't going to until the door opened. One of their roommates, Dorothea, had just walked in. Someone who did not need to know about Ella and James. So, the two quickly went quiet. Making conversation with Dorothea as Ella changed into her pyjamas. Happy to finally be comfortable in her bed at Hogwarts. The room gave her a different sense of comfort that she only ever achieved when she was snuggled up to James late at night at the Potter manor. It made her feel warm, safe and truly protected from the world.

***

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ! okay i was gonna wait to upload this till i finished the whole book but i want y'all to see these absolute babes so i got this chapter, the chapters are mostly gonna be kinda long so yeah, i think the ones i've written are between like 3-4.5k-ish, i'm not entirely sure but they're longerrr, which idk if y'all will like but i thought i might as well, also this is a super intro chapter but it was neccessary and helps establish everything. so yeah, here ya go! i hope y'all enjoyed <333 ( ALSO EDITING IS BASICALLY NON-EXISTANT I APOLOGISE)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

79.6K 1.6K 24
So I recently started to read soulmate era stories and that lead to poly stories somehow. I really like them and apparently lots of other people do t...
112 22 11
The Marauders and Maraudettes are in their 7th year at Hogwarts...The Dark Lord- Voldemort is rising... Jily and Wolfstar romance included...read to...
196K 7.3K 44
[EDITING] clandestine meetings and longing stares... ( james potter x fem! oc / fabian prewett x fem! oc ) ( marauders era ) ( started: 07/03/22 - f...
734K 20.5K 51
"𝘪 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘫𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘩...