The Dollhouse

Bởi JKLIZ161

"Perfection was all I ever strived for at a young age, and at a young age it was always easy for me to be...p... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: First Encounters
Chapter 2: First Date
Chapter 3: Minor Surgery
Chapter 4: The Morning After
Chapter 5: After Date Gossip
Chapter 6: Our Day Apart
Chapter 7: Second Date
Chapter 8: An Unforgetable Night
Chapter 9: An Awkward Morning
Chapter 10: Hospital Visit
Chapter 11: The Incident
Chapter 12: Aftermath
Chapter 13: One Month Later
Chapter 14: Taken
Chapter 15: His Rules
Chapter 16: Welcome to the Dollhouse
Chapter 17: Revelations
Chapter 18: Goodnight, Sweetheart
Chapter 19: My First Week
Chapter 21: His For The Taking
Chapter 22: Defeat
Chapter 23: After The Storm
Chapter 24: Be A Good Girl
Chapter 25: Laurel
Chapter 26: Complacency
Chapter 27: Audrey
Chapter 28: Plotting and Planning
Chapter 29: Prelude to Escape
Chapter 30: Escape
Chapter 31: Black and Blue and No Hope For You
Chapter 32: Twenty-Four Days
Chapter 33: Surviving
Chapter 34: The Test
Chapter 35: Abby
Chapter 36: Reactions
Chapter 37: Plans
Chapter 38: The Fight
Chapter 39: Release
Chapter 40: Goodbye
Chapter 41: Fire
Chapter 42: The Hospital
Not An Update, Seeking Advice
Chapter 43: A Visit from the Detectives
Chapter 44: Epilogue
Book 2 Coming Soon???

Chapter 20: Everyone's Got a Past

3.1K 100 59
Bởi JKLIZ161

Evelyn

I was returned to my room after the basement excursion and left alone for the rest of the night, minus my nightly dinner drop off from Hannah.

The next morning, Hannah came in, without the tray she normally carried.

I sat up in the bed eager, curious as to what was going to happen next.

"Liam wants you and I to scrub the floors in the library," she stated flatly. "He wants you to start helping out around here. He thinks that you are ready to be a good doll and wander free from your room. I sure hope that is the case," she continued with raised brows.

"O-okay," I replied sliding off the bed and padding towards her.

"He's home, working in his office, so don't get any ideas," she said with an edge as she left the room and led me into down the inter winding halls and into the library.

The library made a flutter grow from deep within in my heart. Reading had always been a passion of mine. It carried me through happy and dark times, a friend in the face of anything. The room would've been what I had dreamed of escaping away to if it had not been attached to my prison.

A set of buckets and scrub brushes sat on the herringbone wood patterned floors

"Let's get to work," Hannah said dryly, dropping to the floor and beginning to scrub.

I followed suit, an angry bud beginning to bloom from within me at being kidnapped just to end up being a maid to a psychopath.

"Hannah, why do you do this," I asked after twenty or more minutes passed.

She ignored me and continued her scrubbing, her red curls bobbing across her shoulders and back as she scrubbed the floor vigorously.

I bite my lip in frustration and sighed. "Your his sister, can't you just leave whenever you want? Why are you apart of this?"

She glared at me. "Don't you listen," she asked under her breath looking at me and then up at the ceiling where I assumed a camera was, causing my stomach to do a brief somersault at my stupidity. She closed her eyes before continuing at a whisper, "He's my brother and I love him. He's not a bad person, he's just made some questionable choices in his life."

My eyes widened in disbelief that she could consider drugging and kidnapping merely a questionable choice!

"We had a rough life," she said with tears glazing over her eyes as the door to the library was thrown open and banged against the wall.

Liam stood before us, chest heaving, eyebrows slanted, and mouth set in a stern tight line.

"Hannah, get out now," he demanded with short chipped angry words.

"Liam, I-I'm," she stuttered, but was quickly interrupted by Liam's bellowing roar.

"Get out," he yelled, the veins of his neck protruding and throbbing against his skin, his voice echoing throughout the room, his eyes pierced mine, filled with rage and darkness.

He took long sweeping strides towards me. I scuttled backwards like a crab trying to pull myself up, but Liam decided to do that for me. He grabbed me by my neck, pulling me up off the ground as if I weighed nothing.

I dug my nails into his hands, trying to free his grasp on my neck, trying to regain my ability to breathe freely.

He threw me forward. My back colliding with the hard smooth surface of the large wooden desk table, knocking the remaining breath from my lungs.

"Evie, Evie, Evie, what am I going to do with you," he asked as he clucked his tongue, hovering above me before grasping my wrists in his hand and pinning them above my head. "Guess you didn't heed my warning," he spat grinning at me smugly as he  lowered his face down so that it was centimeters from mine.  He placed a faint kiss on my lips, pulling away and with a laugh and said, "You should have. I could take you now, I should, but since you are such a nosy Nelly I'll make you a deal."

My ragged harbored breaths made my chest heave up and down as I choked out, "What do you want?"

"Here's the deal darling, I'll let you know why I am the way that I am, but then afterwards I get to have you, touch you, do whatever I want to you. Maybe you'll even feel sorry for me," he said with a laugh. "So how about it doll, a life's worth of secrets for you to willingly sleep with me again, make love to me again. What will it be?"

My heart stopped at his words. I did not want his hands anywhere near me. I didn't want his love, his affection. I didn't want his body on mine, in mine.

He began to laugh wickedly. "On second thought," he said pulling my dress up to my belly button, exposing the lace cream panties I wore to him.

My body thrashed below him as he laughed a deep throaty laugh, "You took too long to decide. It doesn't matter, I would've had you either way, but I'll still tell you ," he said between laughs as his fingers crept below the lace top of my panties and yanking them down, and throwing them to the floor. A scream tight and ready to be released from my throat before his hand clamped down over my mouth.

Liam

From a young age I always liked fixing things, perfecting them. I liked beautiful unattainable things, and desired them more than the riches that befell me.

My life was far from perfect as a child, abusive neglectful parents "raised" me. They cared more for their riches, their image than taking care of their children. Hannah and I took care of each other. I vowed for my life to be everything I ever wanted, ever dreamed of.

My parents fought constantly, screaming and hitting one another, before releasing their anger upon us instead.

Both rich from family money, neither had to ever work hard for anything, but they were cruel and cold and should never of had children. The had children only because it was what people did as they grew older.

It was just Hannah and I. My baby sister and I against the world.

Hannah had it worse than I did. She was a people pleaser. She tried with all her might to get the slightest bit of affection from our mother, our father, but didn't receive any, only extra slaps and shoved as the shooed her away. As she got older, the worse it got. She never seemed to learn just to give up and let the thought of being loved by our parents go.

I sulked around the home, even from a young age. Quiet, keeping to myself, the help even grew to avoid me.

I heard two of the maids we had, when I was six, discussing my peculiarity they called it. They talked of how I spooked them, how there was something "wrong" with that child, that child being me. I mostly ignored it for the time with clenched fists, but always kept it in the background of my memory.

As Hannah and I grew older things became worse for us, mainly her in our home life. My personal life however, flourished. I was popular in high school. Straight A honors student, Star football player, and dating the hottest most lusted after girl in the school Abigail Benson.

We were named prom king and queen, how beautiful she looked that day, but all that beauty and happiness from that day fell away when Abigail and I returned home, a bit drunk, from the dance.

Hannah's whimpers could be heard, floating down from the bedroom upstairs.

Abby and I looked at each other briefly, before I took the steps three at a time and raced to Hannah's room. I threw open her door, but her room was dark and empty.

I left the room, seeing a light glimmering from beneath the room to my parents room. My heart dropped out of my chest and to the floor. Anger consumed me. All I saw was black as I stormed my way into the room.

The door slammed against the wall. The handle of the it caving into the drywall of the door.

Hannah lay in a fetal position on the floor. Her back bare, red welts covering most of her backs  pale white skin.

My father towered above her, shirtless, belt in hand. The belt was raised his into the air, ready to send a beacon of pain down onto her back again, his eyes turning to me when I entered the room.

"What are you going to do boy," he spat at me, slurring each word. "She deleted it, ungrateful little wretch."

My mind escaped my body at that moment as I rushed forward at him, grabbing the belt from his grasp. He stumbled in his drunkness and fell backward on to the bed. I climbed on top of the bed taking the belt in my hand and wrapped it around his neck, pulling it tighter and tighter until his face turned as red as the welts on my sister. He tried to pry me off, but he was too drunk and I had become too strong. My sister and I would never be abused by this bastard again was all I kept thinking until his body stilled.

With deep ragged breaths, I climbed off the bed, dropping the belt at my feet. The buckle rattling on the floor as I did.

I turned to see Abby standing beside Hannah, arms wrapped around her, rubbing her hair soothingly as she cried into her shoulder.

Abby looked at me with tear stained cheeks before saying in hushed words, "I won't say a thing."

I nodded at her dropping down to the floor to be beside Hannah. I grabbed her shirt and pulled it over her head before taking her up into my arms and letting her release her emotions into my chest.

"Where's mother," I asked.

Hannah looked up and me and pointed to the master bathroom.

I stood up and made my way to it and tried the handle of the door. It was locked.

Filled with adrenaline and knowing the door was weak, I threw my body against it until the wood casing splintered and cracked and I could push my way through.

"Liam," my mother shouted from the tub trying to stand and cover with the towel from the hook.

"How could you sit in here," I screamed, my voice tearing into my vocal cords as I went to volumes I never knew I could reach. "You knew your daughter was out there and you came in here to relax!"

She rolled her eyes at me. Rolled them, setting every inch of my body on fire before responding, "I never wanted a daughter, too dramatic. She deserved it you know, it was the only way to teacher her a.." and before she could continue Hannah stormed in past me and over to our mother.

"I never asked to be your daughter," she said with all the spite she could muster before shoving my mother forward. Her body collided with the tub. Her head hitting the inside edge before sinking down.

"Never again," Hannah shouted as she drove our mother's head down into the water for endless minutes it seemed.

I had to come pull Hannah away from the water and back into the bedroom where Abby stood waiting.

"Now what," she asked as we entered the room.

"Now we leave," I replied leading them out of the house.

Evelyn

"So you see my sweet doll," Liam said as he stroked my tear stained cheek from his vice grip hold on me and his dark monologue of his past. "This is why I am the way that I am. I guess it's true what they say, you can't escape your past, it always comes back to haunt you," he snarled as his hands took either side of my button down white shirt dress and ripped it open. The buttons raining down on the floor, an ominous warning of what was to come.

Pretty dark chapter, but Liam needed his backstory told.

Please remember to vote, comment, and share.

Check out my new book as well, The Hunter and His Prey when you get a chance!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

39.7K 1.2K 51
Evelyn Grey Is what people call nightmare. She can destroy your life before you can blink your eyes. Hell break lose if she's angry... All you can se...
125K 6.7K 68
Scarlett owns a coffee shop in a quiet little town. She wants more from life but doesn't feel like anyone can step up to the plate. Her first love wa...
19.1K 335 38
Knox Carson Knox has never been normal He's always had that itching feeling in his hands to strangle something... someone He always had that dark vo...
177K 5.5K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...