one night with the alpha

Da jtoughkat

Tired of her family not seeing her, Cressida bails from a family gathering to drink away her pain. There she... Altro

001
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010

002

342 29 1
Da jtoughkat

Finally.

For the first time since arriving in the States Jasper had managed to evade his security team. It was something he'd never dare do in his own country, even here it was dangerous. Even if his people who lived here recognised him, it wouldn't be as bad as in his native Europe.

He kept his head down, just in case, and had on a pair of pre-worn jeans and a t-shirt. His hair was mussed up unlike its normal put together no hair out of place style. Last was a pair of snickers, he'd never worn snickers before and was surprised how comfortable they were.

Walking into the bar people turned to him and he internally froze, until he realised none had recognition in their eyes. He almost smiled at that. Even in regular clothes, he stood out enough that people took note of him. As long as they didn't recognise him, he didn't mind.

It was even tempting to find a woman to spend the rest of the night with. One who wouldn't know who he was, who wouldn't see dollar signs when she looked at him. A woman he could be sure desired him more than the wealth he came with.

That though, couldn't be. So he came to the bar to enjoy what would most likely turn out to be his last experience with freedom. The weight of responsibility was already being placed on him. Whether he liked it or not and he definitely didn't like it.

The bar he'd chosen was in a three-star hotel. He might want to slum it, be ordinary, but he wasn't stupid. There wasn't any need to make it easy for any kidnappers. Not that he wasn't capable of taking care of himself.

Finding an empty seat he was immediately approached by the bartender. She was skinny, with a chest that seemed too big for her frame and hair dyed a brutal black. Her smile was sultry and inviting, her eyes calculating as she gave him a heavy-lidded look. They were a deep ocean blue, made even more so by the heavy eyeliner she had on.

She was beautiful, he conceded. While her low ridding leather outfit was a departure from the women he was used to, the mercenary look of her was just the same. He wasn't sure if he wanted to while away the last moments of his freedom with a random female. But if he did, he'd take one like her as a last resort.

"What will it be darling?" She asked.

He gave her a bland but charming smile. "A beer."

"Hmm, local or foreign like you?" She teased, her voice becoming even more sultry.

"Local." He replied.

"Well darling, we have a few of those. What'll be your poison?"

His smile widened a bit. "Surprise me." He invited.

"A man after my own heart." She teased as she went to get his beer.

Jasper looked around the place to see quite a few of the people in the bar avert their eyes. A number of women gave him slow suggestive smiles. None of them though piqued his interest.

He really just wanted to be on his own, he realised. To contemplate the change his life was about to take. Besides, human women really wouldn't cut it tonight. He had that restlessness in him that could only be gratified by sex with another shifter and that, he couldn't afford. Not anymore.

Turning back to the bar, he saw the bartender placing his beer on a coaster. She winked at him before going to tend to another patron. He took a swig out of his beer and was surprised by its taste. Maybe he was being a European snob but he hadn't expected the beer to be this good.

It had a rich taste he normally associated with wine but was undoubtedly beer. It was a perfect blend with a unique flavour he couldn't place and rather refreshing. He looked at the label noting it so that he could have his people import it for him.

"I think you've had enough honey." The bartender said of the woman sitting besides him. For some reason, Jasper hadn't noted her. "A pretty girl like you doesn't need to risk being taken advantage of. There're way too many men trawling for someone to take advantage of."

His assessment of the bartender changed as he appreciated the honest concern in her voice. Then the female besides him spoke and everything in him stilled. Her voice was husky, sexy, like a woman who'd just woken up after being thoroughly satisfied by her lover. It took a while for what she said to sink in, then he frowned.

"I'm not pretty." She stated.

"Now who told you that?" The bartender asked, indignant.

From the corner of his eye Jasper studied the female and realised the bartender was wrong. She was seated with her face somewhat turned to him and this female went past pretty to downright stunning. She had dark brown skin with just a dash of cream to it. Her nose was rounded and she had high cheekbones in a square-jawed face that was delicately formed.

A hint of a cleft crowned her chin and her lips had him grinding his teeth to stop the desire that suddenly gripped him. Even his cat sat up to take notice. What the heck? He wondered.

"Mi abuela says I'm too dark to be pretty." The woman explained with a measure of dignity.

Jasper wondered who this Mi Abuela was. Probably another female jealous of the obvious beauty. Only an insecure female would look at this stunning wide-eyed female and call her ugly.

"I'm sure your abuela didn't mean it like that." The bartender soothed. "You're gorgeous girl. I'd kill to have a figure like yours but I can't gain any weight to save my life and I really love your skin tone."

The female besides him laughed. "I'd kill to be as slender as you and have skin close to yours."

The bartender joined in with her laugh. "Here's to being a woman." She acknowledged by raising an imaginary glass.

The female raised her shot glass. "Here here." She agreed.

"I'll get you a cup of coffee."

"Okay. That'll sober me up for a few more drinks."

The bartender paused over that for a moment then shook her head in exasperation. She went and got the coffee for the female. Somehow Jasper struck up a conversation with her. He was surprised to see she was quite intelligent and without guile unlike most beautiful human females her age.

"I ruined my little cousin's quinceañera." She moaned at one point."

While his jeans tightened at the moan, Jasper kept his face friendly and curious. "What's a quinceañera?" He questioned.

"Oh, it's a coming of age celebration for a Latina when she turns fifteen."

He frowned at that. "I thought you Americans celebrated a girl's sixteenth birthday."

"Yes, but traditionally, Latinas become women at age fifteen and we are a traditional people. Some now celebrate their quinceañera at sixteen but that's just crazy. My family celebrates the quinceañera with family and friends and then we have a sweet sixteen to celebrate with friends."

"That must cost so much." He mused.

She shrugged. "A quinceañera is a rite of passage and my family keeps it traditional. Anyone who's not Latino might feel uncomfortable so we don't have many non Latinos there. Besides, my family loves to get together."

Jasper loved her accent, especially the way she pronounced her t's. It was almost like a blend between t- and th-. He found he could listen to her talk about anything, even topics he'd have found annoying. He was even listening to her talk about her family when he normally found such conversations tedious.

He smiled as he hadn't in a long time, laughed as he listened to the exploits of her extended family. She had a family even larger than his own and they seemed to be just as nosy. Somehow though, their nosiness seemed more endearing than that of his family.

As exasperated as she was by them, every word she spoke of her numerous cousins, aunts, uncles greataunts and greatuncles was tinged with love. He listened to her with a freedom he hadn't known he was capable of and even told her some of his own tales with his family.

Time seemed to flow, to run and soon they were an island that no one even considered intruding. "Don't take advantage of her." The bartender warned him as she left with a huge male who held onto her as if she were fragile and precious. He laughed at himself, realising how full of himself he was to assume she had an interest in him. It was humbling.

"I won't." He promised.

The bartender squeezed Cress' shoulder. "Be safe." She advised.

"Thanks," Cress replied.

Jasper had no intention of talking advantage of her, he was a gentleman born and raised. And he realised the bartender was right. Something about Cressida brought out a protective sense. She was innocent in a way females of their time lost early on in childhood. Not to say she was naive or anything, no she just had something about her that held pure.

They went up to the suite he'd booked in case he chose to hide from his people for longer. Both were adamant nothing would happen. The bar had gotten crowded and they still desired to talk.

Inside they kept a respectable distance that shrunk as the hours went by and still they had so much to talk about. They ordered dinner and afterwards sat about content and talking in near whispers, their heads too close.

It was inevitable that a kiss resulted. Inevitable that they lost themselves with the first slow sensual taste. Heated pleasure lingered, simmered between them. Slow wondering hands disrobed the other and soon they led to the wide soft bed the room held.

Soft murmurs filled the room. Appreciative. They explored with unhurried tenderness as fire built between them. Everything seemed choreographed, as if time itself had waited for this moment. None of the awkwardness between new lovers was to be found.

A cry of pain escaped her as he joined their bodies and Jasper stilled at the realisation of just how innocent she was. "Don't stop." She pleaded and he headed her, becoming even more gentle.

Once again they lost themselves to the passion and soon they were both crying their ecstasy to the an uncaring world. He held her close afterwards, marvelling at how comfortable they still were.

The rest of the night was spent further exploring the wonder of what they'd found together. Something so rare people never dreamt of finding it.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

11.1K 337 37
A powerful witch collides with the primal allure of a dominant alpha wolf. Lilian, a fiery witch with a penchant for chaos, finds herself thrust into...
10.9K 690 21
**supernatural book** "Have you ever heard the quote by Aristotle that says, "Learning is not child's play; we cannot learn without pain?", she smil...
892 189 55
As I walked around trying to find Daniella, I stumbled upon someone. I looked up and was met with his mysterious hazel eyes, he stared at me and coul...
2.3M 67.9K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...