Start-Up

Oleh spencerwolfe81

Follow Kim Minji a girl that seemed to have her life planned out for her. From the outside looking it looks l... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (Fast Forward)
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 19

127 2 0
Oleh spencerwolfe81

He sets her down and goes over to the fridge to grab some water for the two of them. Opening it up for her he hands her the bottle and she thanks him. "Are you alright?"

Minji nodded "Yeah I am. I'm relieved now" there was some awkward tension between the two it's bond to be a given knowing that it's been quite some time since the two have seen or talked to one another. "When did you get here?" trying to keep the conversation going.

"Uh last week" Do San answers

"Are you here for good?" and if even if he was, there was no telling in Minji's head if that's a good or bad thing. He shook his head "No just for vacation"

"Ah, vacation" repeating his words. Not knowing what else to say the two just sat there for a moment. "Oh I was really worried about NoonGil, thank you. I heard it was acquired by some highly acclaimed foundation. Was it K. Jonse?"

"Yes. I met them at a networking event and they deeply empathized with NoonGil's vision"

"Must be nice meeting all of these people" Minji fidgeting with her water bottle. Do San gave her a nod but in reality, it wasn't as great as she puts it. "It's great but can be boring at times"

Minji glances down at herself and notices her coffee-stained blouse. Trying to cover it up she turns her head away from embarrassment "Why did I have to run into him when I look like this" whispering to herself while rubbing her temple scolding herself. 

Overhearing her "Why? You look the same" taking a deep breath in "Yeah I guess. I've always been a hot mess, who's all over the place" looking out at her office thinking about what just happened. 

"That's not what I meant" looking at her 

Changing the topic "I want to thank you for everything today. I don't know what I would have done if you didn't show up." Turning to face him for once "Thank you. I haven't felt a thrill like that in a long time" she gave him a small nod and the two just say there.

Do San excused himself to go to a meeting that he has. Leaving Minji in the office by herself to think at her desk. Looking at her reflection on her desk mirror to see that she looked wreaked "I should have at least put some effort" mumbling to herself putting her head down her with her hands holding it up. 

Not even getting a small break Ji Pyeong steps into the office "Min-. I mean Ms. Kim" correcting himself "What happened? Did you have a ransomware attack?" seeing in the main lobby an IT security team was walking out the building when he was entering.

Leaning in her chair slightly "Yes, but we found the decryption key and all the files restored"

"How?" being curious

"Uh...Do San was here. Along with Yong San, Chul San, and even Sa Ha" Ji Pyeong couldn't help but feel a little hurt that he didn't know about her being company being hacked but it's not like she knew his feelings for here in this time and moment. Trying to sound happy "I'm glad. So it's all sorted out?" he noticed his Do San's jacket on her chair.

"Yeah everything is sorted" giving him a reassuring smile but she noticed his facial expression that he wasn't too thrilled "Trust me when I say this I was going to call you but Do San was calling from a domestic number and I just thought it was an IT security manager calling me back" in a shy tone. 

"Thank you for your honesty.  Are you okay?" laughing a little at his question "You have no idea how many times I've been asked that question." folding her hands together. "Are you okay?" repeating himself. "I'm okay it's just I feel ashamed"

"You're not the first company to have this happen to you" 

Looking everywhere but him "I don't want to use that as an excuse. For someone that's been doing this for most of her life. I didn't even back up everything before the demonstration. What kind of developer is that? And when the problem occurred I was so flustered and confused I didn't even know where to begin when searching for the key" letting her arms fall to her sides and leaning in her chair just thinking of that night. "Out of all those times. Why did he have to show up now." seeing the blazer jacket that belonged to Do San. 

Taking a deep breath she continues on with her ramble "You know I don't think I've been this pathetic in a long time"

"You've never been pathetic" 

"Why is he on vacation now? When I'm experiencing the worse. He didn't even give me a heads up?" at this point Minji was thinking out loud not even caring if Ji Pyeong was there to hear here or not. "This is humiliating. I don't even deserve to cry" fanning herself with her hands. "Please don't tell anyone about this. Like you didn't even see me cry" But then Ji Pyeong heard some footsteps and pushed her down under her desk. 

Two of her co-workers walked in "Ms. Kim?" they called out. Hiding with her Ji Pyeong just told her to stay quiet till they left. After hearing the door closed Ji Pyeong helps her get back on the chair. Turning out he closes her blinds "Stay here until you calm down. Lock the door" Minji gave him a nod before he walks away she reaches out for his wrist and holds on to it "Thank you, as always" he gives her a warm smile, and on his way out of the office he turns of the light for her. 

What felt like forever but merely only hours she sat by herself in the office just thinking about Do San. Tearing up at the thought of him she felt like breaking up with him was a huge mistake wishing she could take it all back. Wiping some tears that were on her cheeks she picked up Do San's jacket brought back all the memories from when they first met to three years ago with Samsan Tech. 

Her phone then started to ring Minji picked it up "Hello?"

"I saw Do San on the way to your office and I said something to him to stop him from going to see you, and I think he got the wrong idea of us. I apologize"

"Well, that's fine" not wanting to sound heartbroken "Don't worry I'll fix it" assuring her. Shaking her head "No it's okay he's going back to the US anyway there's no point. Also, we ended things three years ago"

"Thank you for saying that. Bye" hanging up the phone "You're doing the right thing Minji" her phone then rung again this time with Do San's name on it hovering his finger over the green button she had to stop herself and had to decline the call leaving him to voice mail. Dropping her phone on the table she rubbed her head with her hands just hoping that she's done the right thing. 

Meanwhile, when he got home Do San pulls out the journal Minji had given to him when they broke up. He's kept it ever since and didn't even open it once in those three years. After trying to call Minji it was clear that she didn't want to talk to him anymore so might as well open this journal to see what it was.

Opening it he flipped through the pages quickly due to the fact he's read this once when he was at her house. About to put it away he then noticed new colored ink on the last page. Minji had apparently finished the song. Reading the words he knew exactly what and who this was about. With his eyes watery by the end of he closes the notebook and throws it in the trash not wanting it to be a reminder of Minji anymore. 

The following day it was officially the start of "Tarzan" on its way to being tested and licensed. Minji was setting up a ritual to bring good luck for this but something on the TV stopped everyone in the main lobby to watch. 

The header read that Morning Group AI's self-driving car, Momo wins the temporary permit

Knitting her eyebrows together In Jae mentions how the twins are there for some reason making Minji think back to the time when she saw them in that car park with the CEO's son. "Then Shin Hyeon and Shin Jeong really met with Mr. Wo at that time. They denied it so adamantly so I thought I was wrong."

"That means they been doing this since the start. And just used the ransomware hack as an excuse to work on Morning Group's AI" Ji Pyeong adding on to her analysis. Minji just couldn't believe what she was seeing and hearing. On the other hand, her sister's blood was boiling she made her way to Mr. Won's office to do something about it.

After all of that Minji and In Jae were having a meeting explaining to her that she told her old boss to watch out. "Serves him right" taking a sip of her coffee "I've done the bluffing, now it's your job to sort things out" not really listening to her Minji just said "Yes" but thought about it and backtracked "In Jae, I mean Ms. Won. Wai- what? What are you talking about?"

"I need to find and hire developers with the same criteria as you. More than seven years of experience and suitable C-level positions"

"It's going to take time and effort to hire such developers. We don't have time to find these candidates" reasoning with In Jae

"We have candidates. Nam Do San, Lee Chul San, and Kim Yong San" In Jae said without missing a beat. Making Minji's mind start to scream but she didn't need that to show. Tilting her head a little "I don't think they are going to be in Korea for long"

"Really that's not what I heard" opening the magazine in front of her. She turns to the page with their article on it and gave it to Minji to read. "I heard that they have worked on self-driving cars at 2STO, and looking for partners. Who could be better than that?" Minji looked at her sister "You know them well. Recruit them at all cost" knowing that the company's lifeline depended on this.

Pulling her sister to another room "You know the story of when Do San and I broke up, right?"

"Yes. Go to 2STO. No, I want to stay with you. It's a tear-jerking story" in a monotoned voice. Rolling her eyes "Exactly then how could he do this. You're telling me to be the cruelest person to Do San right now"

"Cruel how?" 

"I tried to let not break his heart so harshly but some words were said and I felt so miserable doing it. So I pushed him away thinking that we would never see each other again. I can't do that to him" turning around to face away from In Jae "I'm shameless but I'm not desperate"

Taking a step closer to her little sister "You think it's shameless if you recruit Do San?"

"I'll find other people. It's a grand task but I'm willing to do it" wanting to find some middle ground. "No, I want you to hire Do San, Chul San, and Yong Sa, or you're fired"

Looking as if she was crazy "You can't be serious"

"And why is that? In Jae company own Cheongmyeong  Company, and I'm a major shareholder of In Jae Company." and with that, she walks away from her "Is that a threat?" Minji questioned. Turning back to face her "No. A chance. I was fired by a major shareholder without a second chance three years ago. I want to be different and I'm giving you a chance." and left Minji to make her choice. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

15.4K 772 12
Four years have passed since Dal-mi decided to stay with Nam Do-san, many things happened until they decided to end the relationship and perceive dif...
Throne | ksj Oleh away

Fiksi Penggemar

22.8K 1.6K 24
- a Kim Seokjin fanfiction - in which an ordinary girl catches the eye of a runaway prince. Without a miss, Han Seri would be dragged to their countr...
665 9 31
Theresa Miller went to that little city in Korea to study. She's always been a simple girl with a simple mind set. You marry a boy with a good name a...
13.7K 426 21
A girl named Y/N is trying to pay her college fees and apartment bills quickly and independently but it's alot for her to pay in a short amount of ti...