The city of love (kelena fan...

By Kelenafanfic

Elena hates Katherine but that all changes when Katherine revels a secret. More

Chapter 1: the city of love
Chapter 2: red wine
Chapter 3: sparks
Chapter 4: what a night
Chapter 5: love
Chapter 7: another day, another problem
Chapter 8: A love to last forever may not last
Chapter 9: home

Chapter 6: old friends

2.4K 58 38
By Kelenafanfic

Katherine had woken early, before the sun had risen above the buildings. A glimpse of the moon could be seen in the colorful morning sky, but it would soon disappear. The vampire walked downstairs to the kitchen and searched the cabinets and refrigerator. A small chuckle escaped her lips when she found everything to be empty, the only thing that remained were several blood bags in the fridge.

Who knew Elena ate so much? Katherine thought to herself.

The wheels in Katherine's mind began turning and a smile crept onto her face. She decided she would surprise the girl with breakfast, seeing as she most likely wouldn't wake up for another few hours. In case Elena did decide to wake up early Katherine left a note for her before grabbing her jacket and leaving the mansion.

She'd always been in love with Paris. The city of love, the city of lights, no matter what the name, Katherine loved it. It was beautiful, but she found it to be rather simple. The vampire had been in many towns in almost every country in the world, and Paris could be compared to any city in terms of the people and lifestyle, but not in its beauty.

As she arrived at the market she smiled to herself at how simple it was. The simplicity was nice to see, especially in a city with so much beautiful architecture. She grabbed an apple and let it sit in her hand for a moment. Her thoughts drifted back to Elena.

A sigh escaped her throat and she smiled. The doppelganger, whom she had hated in the beginning, had turned out to be her source of joy. The love she felt for the girl was stronger than anything she'd felt before, even while human she hadn't experienced such emotion.

"Excuse me, but you look very familiar."

The vampire tensed, she immediately recognized the voice behind her, but prayed she was wrong. Slowly, she turned and took several steps backward to put distance between the two of them. She gulped down her fear and after seconds of silence she spoke.

"Klaus," she breathed out. He had specifically found her, and that was not a good sign.

"Hello, love," he greeted, the corner of his lips curling into a smirk.

"What do you want?" her tone was filled with anger, but underneath was a fear she'd felt continuously over the past five centuries. She knew he'd find her, but because he hadn't immediately taken her and tortured her she was curious as to what he really wanted.

"Perhaps we should take this conversation somewhere else."

"Why? So you can kill me?" Katherine was always suspicious when it came to Klaus. No matter what he said, he could never be trusted.

"I want to have a friendly chat, just us vampires. I can't do that when there's people around, now can I?"

The Original walked away from her, but stopped after several steps to turn his head over his shoulder, making sure she was following. Katherine was hesitant to follow him, knowing she may not return to Elena if she went with him, but curiosity got the best of her. She followed the Original into an alley just beside the market.

"Now," Klaus said as he turned to face her, "Where's my doppelganger?"

"You're looking at her," she replied slyly, curling her lips into a smirk.

"Cute," he huffed, "but I meant Elena."

"Why don't you ask the Salvatores?" Katherine crossed her arms in front of her chest and cocked her hip to the side, "They worship at her altar."

"You know, it's funny, I asked them and they said you took her. I'll ask you again: where is she?"

Klaus had closed the distance between them, leaving Katherine very little room to escape. She couldn't tell him the truth; she couldn't let him take Elena from her.

"Why would I take her?" Katherine replied, taking a step back from him. Her back hit the wall, and she knew she was trapped.

"Don't play games with me, Katerina."

"What game could I possibly be playing, Klaus?" the smirk she'd plastered on her lips was quickly faltering. The longer she stayed in his presence the worse it would be.

Klaus' only response was an evil smirk that sent shivers through Katherine's spine. She was in danger, and she could easily tell. As quick as she could she sped to the entrance of the alley only to be blocked by a familiar blonde.

"You know, you really shouldn't go into alleys with strangers," Rebekah said, tilting her head with a smirk.

"Rebekah," Katherine breathed as she backed up, only to be thrown against the wall by Klaus.

She fell to the ground, but quickly stood up. Katherine refused to show them fear, but as she felt the stinging of the cut on her head fade she knew her injuries were only just beginning.

"All right, sweetheart here's how this is going to work," Klaus said, sadistically cheerful. "You're going to tell me where Elena is or you're going to die."

"I don't know," Katherine replied, gritting her teeth.

"She's lying, Nik."

Katherine glared at Rebekah, who only gave an innocent seeming smile in response. The blonde Original was the weakest of the two, but still much stronger than Katherine.

"One last time, love. Where is she?"

Katherine apparently didn't respond fast enough to Klaus' liking. Rebekah pushed her against the wall, crushing her rib cage in the process. The vampire bit her lip as she felt the bones crack beneath her skin. It kept the cries of pain from slipping out, but as Rebekah finally cracked her last rib a small whimper escaped her throat.

"Are you going to tell me where she is?" Klaus asked, still smiling, a cruel glint in his eyes.

"I don't know," Katherine lied again, wincing as the blonde original pulled her arms behind her back, dislocating her shoulders.

"More lies," Klaus mused as he walked closer to her, "Oh, well. It's your funeral, love."

Elena had barely woken up and turned over on her bed, reaching out to wrap her arm around the vampire, but only felt the cold sheet beneath her hand. She sat up with a start, looking around the room for any sign of the vampire but finding none.

Quickly, the girl walked downstairs to find a note on the counter. It relieved some of her worry, but not all of it. How long had Katherine been gone? What if something happened?

She paced the kitchen for an unknown amount of time before jumping at the sound of her phone ringing. The girl ran to her phone and quickly answered.

"Hello?"

"Elena," she heard Katherine reply, but something was off. The vampire's voice sounded hoarse and weak, not like the voice she had learned to love.

"Katherine? What's wrong? Where are you?" the girl ran her hand through her hair, desperate to know what was going on.

"Alley beside the market," her replies were short and her breath was ragged, something was definitely wrong, "Elena, I need you to come get me."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Elena just come get me!"

The phone line went dead and Elena immediately ran into her car and drove to the market, dreading what she'd find.

The sun was setting over the city, or at least that's how it looked from where Katherine could see it. She was sitting on the floor of the alley; it wasn't as if she had another choice. Rebekah had stabbed a metal pole into her abdomen and right arm, restricting her range of motion. She was far too weak to remove the rods herself.

She closed her eyes, for what only seemed to be a moment. When she heard footsteps running towards her she opened them to see the stars peeking out of the night sky. Her vision was blurred, and it took several moments to make out the face in front of her.

"Elena?" she whispered, her throat in too much pain to speak any louder.

"I'm here," Elena replied shakily, looking at the wounds on Katherine's body, "What happened to you?"

"Klaus."

Elena used all her strength to pull the rods from Katherine's body, cringing as Katherine whimpered in pain. She wrapped an arm around the vampire's waist and quickly sat her in the passenger seat in the car. As she moved into the driver's seat she moved and looked at Katherine's injuries.

The girl ran a hand over a bruise on Katherine's arm, and quickly pulled away at the vampire's groan.

"Sorry," she quickly replied, placing a gentle kiss to her cheek.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she saw a mark on Katherine's neck. Slowly and carefully, she pulled her jacket away from her neck and gasped at the sight, putting her free hand over her mouth.

"Katherine," Elena said softly.

"I know," Katherine responded, looking at the bite she received from Klaus with a sorrowful expression. Elena had tears in her eyes and her hand still over her mouth. Katherine was hurt, that she could deal with, but she couldn't deal with what was coming.

She would die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 215 14
Damon Love Story.
Promises to Keep By Ocean

Mystery / Thriller

23.6K 965 15
When Hannibal attempts to confess his secrets, Will's reaction isn't what he'd hoped it would be.
192 2 21
When there is a secret as big as from Amberley, its save to say that she would find out who this secret is! First in secrets of family.
16.4K 455 31
After a failed attempt to seduce a billionaire, Katherine Pierce devises a brilliant scheme for revenge. Elena, Caroline and Bonnie find themselves i...