Bolt {Louis Tomlinson AU}

由 LoganEPoole

#658 in Action (10-19-2014) #17 in Action (12-29-2014) #20 Action (1-2-15) _________ By day, Athena Bolton at... 更多

Bolt {Louis Tomlinson AU}
Before You Read
prolouge
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
One Shot Competition. (CLOSED)
eleven
please read..
twelve.
YAY!
Q & A Video!
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
One Shot Contest Results.
sixteen
seventeen
Important: please read.
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
Character Ask Q&A {CLOSED}
Character Ask Answers
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
epilogue
final note.
So..
Final final note
Sequel is up!
New Beginnings

eighteen

7K 374 40
由 LoganEPoole

Dear Commander,

My youngest daughter, Athena, was born only a few months ago. I had taken her to the Team doctor - Doctor Holst - and it had been confirmed that she was born with a certain trait only I can take credit for. She wasn't graced with my healing factor, but she was given my claws. Just like myself, they were made of bone. But Doctor Holst figured out a way to convert them to metal without having her experiencing the pain I did.

With this discovery, I want a small piece of my daughter's future to be planned out. She may grow up to be whatever she wants, but I request that you are to keep an eye on her as she grows up. I want to secure a spot on Team X for her so when she grows up, she'll have a place to call home when she has no where else to go. Though I've made mistakes in my life and done some bad things, I want her to be a good person.

In the years to come, I'll miss a bit of her life. I won't be there for many of the activities she will do. But she'll be great at whatever she chooses to do.

Sincerely,

Logan

<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>

I blinked my eyes at the letter quickly, trying to consume everything that I had just read. By the looks of it, dad wanted me to be on Team X. And the most surprising part of all: he actually cared about me.

I looked down at my hands and stared at them in shock, the idea that my claws were bone before metal surprising me as well.

I flipped through more pages of the binder slowly, each page after the letter being news articles about me; about Bolt. All the killings that happened because of me. I read through a few of the articles and each word hit me like bricks. I was starting to feel like a terrible human being. For reasons, I don't quite understand, yet.

I turned the page once more, only to find yet another letter. Only this time, it was dated to the day before my dad gave me the binder. I mentally prepared myself for the contents, before diving into it.

<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>

Athena,

I know you hate me and that's completely understandable. I'm a shitty father and the way you treat to me is how I deserve to be treated. I've made mistake in my life that I'm not proud of, and not being involved in your life is one of them.

There are so many secrets that you have yet to know. And that's what this letter is about. You deserve answers.

First and foremost, I know you were raised thinking you were an only child, but you're not. You have an older sister named Josie and she's a few years older than you. I don't know where she went after I dropped her off all those years ago. You'll meet her someday hopefully.

You were never supposed to become a killer like me. You were supposed to become a great person who helps people. Father like daughter, right?

Athena, you are in danger. Not only because you're wanted by NYPD, but because you're being targeted. Someone wants you dead. Please listen to me when I say that Niall Horan is not to be trusted. I have worked with him before in the past and I know how he is. Niall has powers stronger than you'll know, and I hope you don't have to witness them first hand.

I don't know how you were convinced into joining Team Z, but you need to find a way out and fast. I know I'm not the most trustworthy person on the earth, but I need you to trust me. I need you to leave as fast as you can. And if you can't leave, shut Niall down. Save yourself from any more trouble.

Love Always,

Dad

<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>

I didn't noticing I was crying till I watched a tear fall onto the paper, the tear disappearing quickly. I sniffled, wiping my face with the back of my hand, before setting the binder down and hiding my face in my hands.

I learned a few things from the letter dad had written to me: I have an older sister named Josie, my life is in even more danger than I thought, and my dad loves me.

"Athena?" I heard a voice say, causing me to uncover my face and see a shirtless Louis standing in my kitchen. "Are you okay?" He asks, his eyes scanning my face from over the counter. Was I okay?

Everything I knew about Niall was a lie. Everything I knew about myself was a lie. Everything was just one big lie. My emotions have been messed with and my thoughts ha e been corrupted. I can't tell the difference between good and bad anymore.

I'm so lost.

I looked at Louis after awhile and shrugged, not knowing how to answer his question. He looked down at the counter top and sighed, running his fingers through his hair. I narrowed my eyes a bit, my gaze never leaving Louis'. I needed answers. "What do you know about me?" I mumbled to him, catching him by surprise.

"I don't-"

"What do you know about me?" I hissed, putting emphasis on each word. Louis stared at me for a while, scratching the back of his neck in nervousness. "And don't you dare lie to me, Tomlinson. I've been lied to enough."

Louis bit his lower lip, as he leaned against the counter, his elbows keeping him up. "My captain found a hidden file a while ago. It was about you, of course, but it held information not only I didn't understand, but he didn't either." He began, his voice deep from still trying to wake up. "You're not supposed to be-"

"On Team Z; blah, blah, blah - I get it." I waved him off, causing him to roll his eyes in a mixture of annoyance and amusement. "What did the file say?"

"Exactly what you said." He replied. I nodded slowly, looking down at my cast and picking at the velcro. "So, I tried to investigate by asking you that day in Starbucks why you do what you do."

"Okay? I could've been lying, you know?" I told him, crossing my arms together and leaning into my seat. I looked down at the counter and sighed, as Louis walked over and leaned against the wall beside me. I looked up at him slightly, only to find him staring at me. "Why are you staring at me?"

"What's the real reason, Athena?" He asked quietly, his arm rubbing against mine.

"I just wanted my dad to accept me finally," I mumbled, Louis looking at me with a gentle stare. "I thought that joining something he was supposedly affiliated with would make him come around, but it didn't. My want to kill Dylan was and still is something I'd love to do. But I won't because I couldn't bring myself to do it. Not now at least." I confessed, refusing to make eye contact with Louis.

"What's changed now?"

"Not being able to do anything the last few weeks has been hell. But it's given me a lot of time to think about the decisions and mistakes I've made the last couple years." I began, swiveling around in the chair and leaning back, my head falling backwards onto Louis' arm by accident. I would've moved, but I'm too tired to do that. "All the killing I did: what did I gain in that? The money I got paid with shouldn't have been given to me. I don't deserve it."

Louis' arm draped over my shoulder, as he sighed in response. He started to run his fingers against my arm, causing me to jump in surprise. This sign of affection was something I wasn't used to at all, but I'm surprisingly enjoying it. "You're realizing your wrongs and you're owning up to then mentally. That's all you can do." He replied, causing me to swivel around and stare at him. I nodded my head slowly, before biting my bottom lip.

"Tell me about Niall." I said, causing Louis to chuckle lightly. "What's so funny?"

"He is a lot more powerful and secretive than people know. He's not only almost as strong as me, but he has telekinesis and electricity shooting from his hands." He stated, as I looked at him with widened eyes. "Oh, and I've been on the other side of both of those powers of his, and I can tell you first hand that that shit hurts."

Niall has been lying to me for a while, it seems. He told me he was a simple powerless mercenary. Now it turns out he has powers - and strong ones, at that. But why would he keep this from me?

"That Irish bastard." I muttered, causing Louis to laugh. I looked up at him and smirked, trying to figure out how I felt about this whole getting along thing. Did I enjoy the civilized manner, the banter, and the way he made me feel?

"I like seeing this side of you," Louis told me, his blue eyes scanning my face with a smile. "It's not often that I see you with a smile on your face and I kinda like it." I felt my cheeks heat up a little bit, causing me to hide my face from him.

I felt like I was in a clichè romance novel. But I really didn't care at this point. Because in all honesty, I'm enjoying it. And what makes it even more clichè is that Louis is my enemy and I'm starting to have feelings for him.

Just as I went to ask him a question, Louis picked me up from the chair and carried me bridal style to my room. "Round two?" He asked, a smirk on his face. I threw my head backwards in laughter, before I felt bed below me and Louis' lips on mine heavily. And it feels great.

But I have a feeling this is only the calm before the storm.

___________________________

I have no idea what to say about this. A lot of questions were answered and a lot of secrets were uncovered. But what's going to happen next? Lemme know what you think is going to happen.

GUYS BOLT IS RANKED 691 IN FANFICTION; I COULD CRY. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU ALL!

I'm honor of the ranking AND over 30k reads, I'm doing another Q&A. So, ask me questions about ANYTHING and possibly dare me to do stuff?

Have a good day ya'll and don't forget I love you. Thank you for everything you do and for being yourselves.

Love,

Logan, xxx

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

27.9K 967 23
Dayla Rain presented as a Mutant at a very young age. She'd been on the run for years before she lost her freedom. Going from being on the run, to be...
Assassin 由 Nexxen

同人小说

25.9K 738 47
A Clint Barton x OC Avengers Fanfic. After getting mind controlled by Loki, the last place Clint Barton wants to be is SHIELD headquarters. Stuck ins...
13.6K 1.3K 45
📖Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading list📖 Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
763K 17.5K 48
MATURE CONTENT: some may say a smut overload EDITING/REWRITING One night. A night filled with passion and longing. The annual ball has finally come...