The Hard Truth ( a Newt Maze...

Por dancing-with-dragons

Jinx was the first ever girl in the Glade so what happens when she meets Newt? Well Jinx has a stubborn perso... Mais

What did you just say??
My First Run
You Found Me and Ninx?
I Told You So!
2 Years Later
Hangover and a Nightmare.
All Is Lost......Or Is It?
Return Of The Idiots!
The Slammer....
We're Playing Tag!
Author Note
It's All My Fault!
Teresa is Finally Here!
Grievers?..........Ohhhhhhh Shit!
Getting Out Of This Hell Hole
Important!!
Authors Note
Authors note

We Got a Runner

23.8K 325 797
Por dancing-with-dragons

I woke up in a metal cage seeing nothing but pitch blackness and not being able to remember a thing. I try and stand up only to fall down, I try again only to fall flat on my ass again. 

"What the hell?" I say to myself saying as I'm the only one in this...thing. 

After awhile it comes to a stop, I lurch forward and land on my hands and knees, then a blinding light comes from above. I put my hand over my eyes to try and stop the light from blinding me. Once my eyes have adjusted to the light I stand up.

"It's a bloody girl!"

 I hear 'Pfffft boys, such dumb asses' I think to myself. Next thing I know the cage rattles as somebody jumped into the cage, I back up as far as I can to get away from the boy.

 "Hey Greenie I won't hurt ya." I realised that he was the one who proclaimed that I was a girl. 

I finally lift my head to see a tall boy with dirty blonde hair and warm brown eyes. His face was covered in dirt as was his clothes . As I take in his appearance he stands there and smirks at me "Like what ya see aye?" He asks. 

"Hmm. Nope." I reply, I see his smirk disappear but return a couple of seconds after. 

My eyes wonder to his hips and I notice a machete hanging there loosely, I smirk a plan forming in my mind. After a couple of minutes, he finally says something "Well the names Newt." 

"Uhh I can't exactly remember my name..." I tell him confused about the fact that I can't remember something so simple. 

"It's all good it's happened to all of us."

 "Now let's get you out of here." As he said that a rope was thrown down to us, the rope had a loop on the end. I put my foot in the loop and held on tight, I was then pulled up out of the metal cage. Once I was out I looked around only to see boys.

'Oh joy, I'm the only damn female that's in this place.' 

Once Newt was up he came over to me and told me he was going to give me the grand tour after I met Alby. After the pleasantries were out of the way, he took me on the tour. 

"Over here is the garden where we grow our crops-"

 I zoned out after that, thinking of a plan. I remembered Newts' machete that hangs on his hips. I grabbed the machete out of its sheath and ran towards the big concrete walls that had an entrance in it. I heard Newt shouting at me to stop, then shouting at others to get me.

I was running and dodging people as they made a grab for me but kept missing me, when suddenly I was tackled to the ground. I quickly pushed the person off of me and jumped to my feet getting into a fighting position, the machete in my hand ready for a fight. And I was gonna get one.

Turns out Newt is the one that tackled me, he jumped to his feet and pulled out a spear. "What were you thinking!" He shouted.

"Nothing." I simply replied with a shrug of my shoulders, I then made a jab for his stomach but he blocked it with the spear.

I smirked. 'This is gonna be good.' I thought to myself and made jab for his arm this time, only to be blocked again. 

It went on like that for a couple of minutes until I saw an opening chance and took it. He favoured one of his legs so I ran around him and kicked him behind the knees, once he was on the ground I jumped on him and pinned his arms above his head. 

As I was sitting on him I saw him smirk and then heard him chuckle, "What's so funny?" I asked.

"This." I was suddenly on my back with Newt on top of me with my arms pinned above my head. I looked down to see him straddling my waist and saw he had his legs locked over mine so I couldn't kick.

I blushed, 'Really above all the things I do, I blush. Fucking great' 

Newt looked down and saw what position we were in and smirked again. 'I'm gonna slap that smirk off if he does it one more time.' 

I used the little remaining strength I had to push him off. Once he was off I jumped up and ran, pushing past the boys who had formed a circle around us. As I ran I heard Newt shouting at the group "Don't just stand there. Get her!" 

I ran towards the forest, once I was in the forest I ran to a large tree and climbed up so you couldn't see me. Looking down I saw boys run into the forest looking for me. Then I saw Newt directly below me, I covered my mouth with my hand to stop myself from laughing at him. 

I looked down again and saw he wasn't there. Confused I looked around, wondering where he had gone. I lean back only to lean into a chest, my eyes widen and I held my breath as I felt Newt breathing on the back of my neck, I turn around and look at him, he smiled at me. 

I let out a yelp of surprise then slapped him. Hard. After I slapped him I jumped from the tree branch I was on and ran again. 

I was then pushed into a tree with my back against somebodies chest and my chest up against the tree. I was then spun around to come face to face, well face to chest with Newt. I looked up and saw him smirking again. "What?" I asked rather sharply. 

"You can't run from me." He said. 

"Why not?" I asked quite confused. 

"Because there is no place to run." 

I then just saw that Newt had his hands right beside my head so I can't get out. "Fine."

 I finally give in. We then walk back to the clearing with Newts' hand on my back in case I make a run again. I didn't realise  how dark it was until I looked up at the sky and saw it was just on dusk.

Newt and I walked over to a bonfire with heaps of boys around it drinking and celebrating, once I sat down all eyes went over to Newt and me.

 "You caused us some trouble, miss." Said a random boy, I gave him a look and tilted my head 

"And you are?" I asked. 

"Oh, the names Gally." 

"Uh-huh, so I caused some trouble then aye?" 

"Well yeah, Newt was running all around the Glade looking for ya." Gally replied I looked over at Newt with a questioning glance he just shrugged his shoulders then continued to eat. 

After a while, I grew tired and asked Newt where I would be sleeping "Well ya see because you showed up unexpected we don't have any hammocks for you at the moment. So you have to share with me." He said. 

'Oh, Shit.' 

Was all I thought, "Are you joking?" I asked.

 "Nope." was all he said and took me over to his hammock, I took off my combat boots and then climbed into the hammock, I felt the hammock sway lightly as Newt got in. I felt an arm go around my waist and pull me closer to him, I was to tired to argue so I just fell asleep.

When I woke up I had my arms around Newts waist, my head on his bare chest and my legs were tangled in his legs, I let out a yelp of surprise and fell out of the hammock causing Newt to fall out as well, but with my luck, he fell on me. 

"Ahhh get your fat ass off of me," I said.

 "Mmmmmm. No." is all he said then he wrapped is arms around my waist and cuddled into my stomach. I whacked his head.

 "Ow what was that for?" Newt said. 

"You weren't gonna get off me," I replied with a shrug. 

I stood up and stretched my arms and legs then put my combat boots on and walked outside with Newt hot on my heels. "You have to go ask Alby what your job will be," Newt said.

 "Mkay. Where is he?" I asked. 

"Over there." He said pointing over to Alby's direction. 

I walked over to Alby and asked what my job was 

"Well since you like to run so much you will be a runner." He said. I inwardly groaned.

'Great more running.'

"So when do I start?" I asked curious.

"Well, I will give you a couple of days to settle in then you can start," Alby said. 

"Okay." I had started walking around when Newt came up to me.

 "What did Alby say?" Newt asked.

 "He said I'm gonna be a runner."

Newts' face fell for a milli-second but returned back to normal "I start in a couple of days he said as well." I proclaimed. 

"Well, I better introduce you to Minho, the Keeper of the runners." As Newt said that he grabbed my wrist and started pulling me in the direction to Minho.

Once we were over at Minho Newt introduced us 

"Hi I'm Minho, if you haven't already been told." 

"So I have heard," I said with a smile. 

"And your name is?"

 "Oh, I still can't remember that," I said sheepishly.

  "Ahh all good." Minho said. 

Just at that moment a younger boy walked over to us and said hi to Minho and Newt, who both replied at the same time. "JINX!" Shouted Newt. My eyes widened 'that's it that's my name!' 

"YES!" 

I shouted fist pumping the air, I started jumping around like a little kid, I grabbed Newt and made him dance with me whilst I shouted thank you over and over again.

 Minho, Newt and the kid looked at me strangely.

 "That's my name!" I shouted and started dancing again only this time making Minho dance with me.

"Whoa, Your name is what?" Minho asked.

"My name is Jinx!" I said jumping up and down. I then jumped on Newts' back, "Onward Mush!" Newt only responded by shaking his head and walking along, I shouted a bye over my shoulder and waved.

*Time Skip to the end of the day*

It was a long day and I was tired as hell. However, my hammock wasn't done yet so I had to share with Newt again. I took off my combat boots and crawled into Newts' hammock and started to drift off when I felt the hammock sway lightly from Newt getting in, once again an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me into a bare chest I turned around and cuddled deeper into his chest and feel asleep.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

75.6K 1.8K 44
𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖙 𝖝 𝕱𝖊𝖒!𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖗 | in which y/n comes up from the box as a quiet greenie but then soon starts to get close to everyone, she ends up fi...
73.3K 1.3K 47
"And this is the moment I realize, that all the sadness I saw the day he first smiled at me is gone. That this is the purest smile he ever gave me, t...
12.1K 247 17
Y/N was the first girl sent into the maze right before Teresa, the only catch was that she was sent up the Box along with Thomas. Neither of them had...
572 40 17
Determined,astute,ambitious x reckless,loyal,reliable.Teresa wasn't the only girl to ever come up the box.Just two years prior, came Raya,the Glades...