Night

By crimsonteresa

Naruto is popular singer in a popular group, and Sasuke is someone who just appeared out of nowhere. They end... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Chapter Five

327 13 5
By crimsonteresa

Disclaimer: Naruto characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto, not me.

Rose

A soft, flowery scent wafted across the scene, sprinkling lightly onto each working nose. It was strong enough of a smell to find its way into a few clogged up noses as well. The more sensitive sniffers wrinkled reflexively at the strength of it. Most heads turned to check the source, and they weren't quite expecting what they saw. (A/N: My humor for the chapter. I'm done now... Probably...)

Accompanying the flower perfume was a masterpiece of a girl. She had soft, white-blond locks of hair that curled gently around her figure, reaching down to her lower back. Her eyes were a brilliant blue-grey, shifting with each second. Her face was a combination of the soft edges of a youth and the harsh lines of an adult. The clothes adorning the girl were modest; a white button-up under a dark grey windbreaker, a black, plaited skirt that reached just above the knees with white stockings going above the the line, and simple black flats. The dark colors contrasted nicely with her pale skin.

"Miss Rose," a man called out to the girl, walking over swiftly. He towered over her at 6'1" when he finally stood in front, and the girl was forced to look up to meet his eyes. She looked small and defenseless compared to the man, who was sporting baggy jeans with chain loops, a tight black T-shirt that showed off muscles, and several piercings. Rather, she should have. The small, gentle-looking girl in reality handed a death glare to the man who had approached, causing sweat to roll down his face and neck. "Miss Rose," he continued, taking a step back submissively, "I'm glad you could make it today. We were prepared to start filming without you, but such is difficult when the one missing is the main role."

"Thank you, Mr. Maddox." The context of the reply was denied severely by both the expression and tone in which it was given. The girl took a breath, though, and managed to keep her killing intent to a minimum. "I will be able to be here at this time Monday through Friday unless circumstances prevent my coming, and weekends will for the most part be entirely open. I will also be sure to notify everyone of the days I find myself unable to make it."

"Brilliant," Maddox said, relief in his voice when it no longer seemed as if death was imminent. "If you would follow me then, I will show you to your changing room."

The females in the room turned back to what they were doing after they had gathered sizable portions of envy, but the men found it a little harder. Rose had captured their attention completely, without even doing anything. She could only think to herself that it was going to be a very long rehearsal.

The dressing rooms weren't too far from the main filming areas for ease of access, so the walk wasn't long. There were not actual separate rooms with each gender's side, but curtains could be drawn in multiple areas for privacy.

Rose gave a slight nod of the head, then turned back to the filming being prepared for. "What scene has been planned first? I'm afraid I haven't received the schedule, if you couldn't tell."

"Oh, terribly sorry!" Maddox apologized. "The only explanation I can give is we handed them out at the second meeting and nobody got one for you. If you will wait here for one second I will go and grab one for you."

Rose's eye twitched, but she was doing rather well on not killing anyone today. She was already irritated that the director of her contracted company had signed her up for this movie, and it took a lot of energy to not fume over that. Somehow she had enough energy to stay relatively calm as well.

"Here you are, Miss Rose," Maddox said hurriedly when he returned. He was trying to please the star of the show, but so far it was proving difficult. Almost as if she was deliberately resisting his efforts. Which she probably was. It was not unknown that Rose carried an eternal grudge against tall people.

Rose looked over the schedule quickly before nodding her thanks. She would never let anyone say she was impolite unless she just could not deal with them. The plan for today was to film a little about her past, her life before she was the popular singer Rose.

Because this whole movie was centered on Rose, she only had a script that told her the gist of what she should say so she was basically improvising. The movie was set up to show what Rose did and who she was. According to her script, she was the type of person that put on a "horned cape" to protect her softer insides. She didn't know about actually being soft but she was pretty okay with the cold, indifferent, sometimes mean part. It probably fit her personality to the T.

The filming for the day started out slow, as everyone was getting used to who Rose was. It was the type of thing where as much truth should be integrated in as possible. The past provided by the director was a family that had broken apart at an early stage in life, leaving her an orphan that needed to toughen up, thus the thick skin. It was actually partially true, but Rose had refused to give her real past so it was technically fake.

The day finished with little trouble after they had reached the goal. Rose returned to her changing room to switch back into her clothes and sighed as soon as she was safely alone. It was difficult to be careful among so many people, as anyone could catch something she accidentally let slip out. The blonde hurried out of the area, not bothering to say "good-bye" to anyone. She discreetly slipped into a mediocre hotel, using the back entrance available to people with rooms, a rushed up to her own on the third floor. Once inside she allowed herself to relax a little.

Rose went straight for the bathroom, and there she relaxed a little more. On the closed toilet seat laid a pair of clothes accompanied by shoes and a bottle of spray cologne. She gently lifted her hair until it was off of her head, being careful to keep it neat. Underneath the now-gone blond hair was black hair suppressed by a fishnet cap. Rose took that off with care as well so she didn't tangle it up. The ravenette, as she now was, pulled her shirt off and wrapped bandages around her chest to bind it, careful not to go too tight for fear of damage to her ribs. After this she changed to a different button-up, this time a man's style (which sides the buttons are on, don't remember specific sides for Britain), and her skirt was switched with slacks. Having done this, she started on fixing up her hair. The blue-grey eyed girl grabbed her comb from the sink and began brushing through her short black hair, arranging it carefully. The final touch was spiking up the back.

The last thing Rose did before pulling on her other pair of shoes, which were men's dress shoes, by the way, was get real close to the mirror, holding her right eye open, and take out a blue-grey contact. She did the same for her left eye, and then Rose was gone. Standing in her place was a young man with delicate features, black hair, and black eyes.

'He' walked confidently out of the room and then the hotel, and on to a mansion that was really an apartment complex. Out of 'his' right pants pocket came the key ring 'he' used, and 'he' unlocked the front door, followed by 'his' own apartment's door.

"Sasuke!" a sun-kissed blonde shouted as soon as the girl-masquerading-as-a-boy walked in. "Where were you?" he quickly started interrogating her.

"Out," she replied simply, suddenly in a deeper voice than her counter-part identity.

"Out?" the blonde whined. "Come on, roommates should be honest with each other..."

'Sasuke' only sent a glare the blonde's way in response. After a moment of thinking, she commented seemingly offhandedly, "I suppose a reputable roommate shouldn't share desserts with a nosy roommate."

The blonde gasped. He clutched at his chest as if wounded. "But you said..." he started, but when he just received a worse glare than before he tried again. "I won't be nosy if you give me dessert," he bargained weakly.

Sasuke smiled minutely in satisfaction at a bribe well done. She nodded in response and then headed down to her room to do homework.

::

Alright, so this is incredibly pitiful, but it's actually about 200 words longer than chapter 3... Eh, there's no excuse for the short length. Alright, how many people didn't see that coming and are going to drop this story now? *sweatdrop* I feel that just inserting "femsasuke" in the tags was not my smartest idea... I should really be more clear sometimes, but that would ruin the surprise... Eh, no excuses :( Well, this may be the last update for a little while because I need to figure out where the plot is going. This is probably my least planned-out story, and it's the most popular! There is irony here somewhere...

Anyways, I wanted to update at least this pitiful thing that doesn't deserve to be a chapter and tell you guys what's going on. Never fear that I will end up dropping a story, 'cause my pride doesn't allow me. Er, see you later?

And for anyone else that started school today, have a good year!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.9K 2.5K 35
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
162K 5.9K 27
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
69.9K 3.9K 81
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
5.3M 46.3K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...