In His Shadow (Draco Malfoy X...

By SCDUnknown16

MOVED --> IS NOW STARTING A REBOOT UNDER THE NAME "Forced into His Shadow" READ THERE! Everyone has heard... More

Heyy Soo...
Chapter One - Her Awakening
Chapter Two - Wait, What's Quidditch Again?
Chapter Three - Oh My Gods, I Hated That
Chapter Four: No Need For An Explanation
Chapter 5: Wow, Didn't Think You'd Lie
Chapter 6: God Dammit Potter
Chapter 7: Ugh, Can't Have Any Fun
Chapter 8: Well, That's Not Good
Chapter 9: You Forgot Me
Chapter 10: Sorry If I Throw Up On You
Chapter 11: All Eyes On Me
Chapter 12: Will You Model For Me?
Chapter 13: The Angel Said Yes
Chapter 14: My Head Hurts
Chapter 15: Thank You So Much!
Chapter 16: Wait what?
Chapter 17: Please Sign This
Chapter 18: What Do You Want?
Chapter 19: Why Is Everyone So Mean?
Chapter 20: I Don't Know...
Chapter 21: Oh...Okay...
Chapter 22: Have I Done Something Wrong?
Chapter 23: Today's A New Day
Chapter 24: Under The Stars With You
Chapter 25: Let's Have Some Fun
Chapter 26: I'm Sorry
Chapter 27: I'm Not Lying
Chapter 28: It's Like The World Is Spinning
Chapter 29: You Know This Stuff, Right?
Chapter 30: Just Keep Smiling
Chapter 32: Oh Fuck Off
Chapter 33: I Just Want To Talk
Chapter 34: I Understand
Chapter 35: OH MY GOSH
Chapter 36: Harry Slow Down
Chapter 37: What The Hell Are You Up To
Chapter 38: No No No Please No
Chapter 39: Told You Fuckers
Chapter 40: Okay, Yeah
Chapter 41: So That Happened
Chapter 42: Get Your Hands Off Him
Chapter 43: Here
Chapter 44: Oops My Bad
Chapter 45: Take Your Time
Chapter 46: I Can't Wait To See You Again
Chapter 47: I'm Sorry...I Think
Chapter 48: That Fucker
Chapter 49: I Hate This Lady
Chapter 50: Wake Up
Chapter 51: Huh. Fun
Chapter 52: Stop...Please
Chapter 53: FUCK YEAH
Chapter 54: Heh, Knew It
Chapter 55: Practice Time
Chapter 56: Look, I Tried
Chapter 57: You Don't Mean That...
Chapter 58: The First Date
Chapter 59: Okay
Chapter 60: I'm Not Soft
Chapter 61: Are You Sure?
Chapter 62: I Should Stop
Chapter 63: Will You Shut The Fuck Up
Chapter 64: And You Think You're Valid Why?
Chapter 65: I Like Scarves
Chapter 66: This Isn't How It Was Supposed To Go
Chapter 67: How Did You Do That?
Chapter 68: Well, Thank You Darling
Chapter 69: Don't Judge Me
Chapter 70: His Sweater
Chapter 71: Oh My Gods
Chapter 72: It's Lovely To Meet You
Chapter 73: Just Say It, Harry
Chapter 74: Monster
Chapter 75: Don't Say Bad Words
Chapter 76: Effie, Of Course (Short Chapter & Announcement At The End)
Chapter 77: Yes, Ma'am!
Chapter 78: I'm Proud of You
Sorry This Is Not An Update - Please Read Though
Chapter 79: I'll Kill Him
Chapter 80: Why I Like Him
Chapter 81: I'll Try My Best
Chapter 82: What The Fuck?
Chapter 83: I Want You
Important Announcement!
The Sparkle in Your Eye: Part One?
The Sparkle in Your Eye: Part Two
I'm Back - Unexpectedly
Chapter 84: Are You Kidding??
Chapter 85: The Battle of the Ministry Part One
Not An Update: But Please Read!

Chapter 31: The Yule Ball

1.2K 36 44
By SCDUnknown16

Epona's POV:

Hermione was outside with the boys having a snowball fight when I called her. We were still on the phone when Ron was giving her a hard time. I laughed when I heard him yell "what was that for?" when she flipped him off.

I was still in the Ravenclaw Common room, because well, I fell asleep in there. Duh. But I was nervous too. As much as I was proud of the dress, I was scared Hermione wouldn't like it?

I'm ninety percent sure pink is her color though.

There was a knock, and I opened the door. I smiled at Hermione and covered her eyes.

"Why are you covering my eyes?" She laughed.

"Because, I want it to be a surprise." I smiled.

She scoffed in a joking way, "It's already a surprise. You wouldn't tell me anything about it."

"Okay. Ready?" I asked, and before she could answer, I removed my hands from over her eyes.

Her hands went up to her mouth, eyes wide. I bit my lip, waiting for her to say something. I couldn't wait anymore so I decided to speak.

"Do...Do you like it?" I didn't know what words were at that moment. It was like all the air was sucked out of my lungs.

Then she flung her arms around me, smiling like crazy, "Are you kidding? I love it! It's absolutely beautiful!" 

I felt myself smile big, and I ushered her behind the changing curtain, "Now you gotta try it on. Now, I'm not a hair person, but August is good at that stuff, so he can style your hair. Oh, and I also found some earrings online. So I asked for some extra materials, and I tried to make them myself, because I thought they were pretty, and I thought that it would work well with your dress and just you overall because your really pretty so I just thought that you would need earrings as well, because well yeah but if you don't like them, that's totally cool-" My rambling was cut off by Hermiones laughter.

"Sometimes you need to stop talking and believe in yourself, Effie." She stepped out from behind the curtain, and smiled nervously, "How do I look?"

My eyes widened, "You look absolutely stunning! Exactly how I pictured it!" I handed her the earrings.

"They're beautiful. You made them?" She asked me and I nodded, "Well, fuck magic. This is your calling." We both laughed.

She put the earrings in as August walked into the room. He smiled, "Looking good, girl. Now, Effie here tells me you need help with your hair."

"Yes, please. Thank you for doing this." Hermione smiled at him.

"Of course. I like style hair. I went through so many phases trying to find my look; you wouldn't believe it. I think the worst was the....emo phase." He shuttered at the last two words, causing both Hermione and I to break out laughing.

"Now you, Effie." I raised an eyebrow at him, "I left the dress for you hanging over the changing room." He walked over and whispered to me, "If you don't like it, I'm sure I can work something out with Phineas-" 

I just smiled and put a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sure it's fine. Now go work on my friend."

He grinned, "You're next! We have to get your hair under control more than hers!" I laughed a bit and went behind the curtain.

I gulped at the dress. It wasn't something I would really wear at all. It was golden, and was sleeveless. Then it hit me again.

Sleeveless... I gulped even more, looking at the scars on my arms. I'm sure I can find a coat to put on over top. Yeah...that's what I'll do. 

I put on the dress, and immediately shifted uncomfortable. It was tight to my skin. Not that I hate they style, it just isn't something I'm comfortable with. I had yelled over to August to grab me the cute white fluffy coat, that was cropped but had long sleeves. I looked at myself in the mirror. It showed a lot more of the patches than I felt comfortable showing. At least on my shoulders they most look like the opposite color of freckles, but still. 

Maybe I'm just overreacting. Phineas will like it, so it's worth it.

Right?

I stepped out from the dressing room, and both Hermione and August turned around -or Hermione spun around in her chair-. I forced a smile. 

They smiled back at me, "You look amazing." Hermione smiled, but it was soft.

August did too, "You really do, Effie. I hope you feel as stunning as you look."

I gave August a small nod, understanding his subtly. He continued to work on Hermiones' hair, and then put in her earrings. He then had her get up, and sat me down in the chair.

"Hm.. I feel like keeping your hair down, except for your front pieces, which will be pulled back and turned into a small braid that travels down the back of your hair. Does that sound good?" He asked me.

"Yeah, that sounds nice." I smiled. 

"Well, first we need to brush through this. You both have crazy knotted hair, girls. Fix that." He sassed, making fun of mean girls and putting his hand on his hip dramatically and snapping.

Hermione and I both broke out laughing. 

"You're a moron." Hermione chuckled, and August pretended to be offended and gasped.

We all started laughing. There was something about the energy of these two that when put together just makes everything feel...nice. It was one of the few things that made me feel nice still.

The other thing, although it makes me feel guilty, is that tingly feeling I get when my hand touches his. And I don't mean Phineas. That's what makes me feel guilty. Because I'm supposed to feel that way around my boyfriend. Because my boyfriend loves me, and only wants the best for me. 

Not Draco Malfoy. He's just my friend. And friends don't get that thing that makes your tummy feel strange, do they? Maybe they do. But it makes me feel horrible because I feel like I'm cheating whenever I'm around Draco.

I guess I deserve to be yelled at.

August had put my earrings in, and I stared at them in the mirror. People would know my birthstone if they knew Harry's birthday. Seeing as we're twins so we were born on the same day. But who would care about me enough to get me those earrings? August said it wasn't him or Phineas. Hermione also said it wasn't her or any of the boys. So who would it be?

Next thing I know, Hermione is dragging me out of the Ravenclaw common room, because August had already left and she was still trying to force me out.

"I look stupid." I said, trying to hide in my non-existent turtle neck sweater. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"No you don't. Now shut up, or we're going to be late. Just wait for the looks on their faces when they see you, Effie. They're going to lose their shit; in a good way , of course." She smiled brightly and dragged me to the staircase leading into the Grand Hall. 

I took a deep breath and walked down the stair with Hermione, who smiled at me. I felt the eyes of almost everyone on us, and I just wanted to run away. Let's add stage fright to my list of flaws. I smiled and waved at Harry and Ron, who both looked like their jaws were dislocated. I laughed, bringing my hand up to my mouth a little to try and cover it up. Hermione made her way to Krum, and I stood next to Ron and his date. I hadn't seen Phineas yet.

"You look...fantastic, Effie." Ron said, who had just started looking at me rather than Hermione.

I smiled and nudged him, "I'm not the one who you should be saying that too, Ron. I'm sure there's a girl who would appreciate it much more." I nodded my head towards Hermione.
he just gulped and looked at his feet.

"You're right. I should be the one to compliment you. But he took the words right out of my mouth." Phineas smiled at me, and I smiled back. 

"Hey, Phineas." He looped his arm in mine while the Champions danced.

They all danced flawlessly. Well, except for Harry, who I think would fall on his face if his date weren't there. When they were done, there was food, most of which I avoided, despite Phineas's efforts to get me to eat pork. 

"I'm a vegetarian." I smiled, brushing it off as him just trying to be kind.

Then, everyone else was allowed to dance. The first one, when I stepped up to dance with Phineas, it felt awkward and uncomfortable. I was stiff the whole time, and I was begging in my thoughts for it to stop. But I also feel bad, for embarrassing him.

"I thought you practiced." He laughed, making it seem like a joke, but I just felt I jab.

"I-I did. I just, um....I'm trying." I whispered "Sorry for embarrassing you."

"It's fine. Hopefully you'll be better the next time we go out for something fancy." 

I found myself biting my lip as the song ended. Then, I felt an arm loop in mine.

"You don't mind if I take her away for a moment, do you? I think you're supposed to find new partners each song." I looked over to see Cedric.

Phineas raised an eyebrow and scoffed, walking away. Although I was still tense, that bad feeling was gone.

We started dancing, but he was more careful, "I thought you looked like you were uncomfortable."

I nodded, "What about Cho?"

I asked him, remembering Harry complaining his crush was dancing with Cedric.

He smiled, "I think she understands." He nodded his head towards her, and she gave me a warm smile and a wave.

"Thank you..." I whispered.

"Well, I'm just the delivery guy. I think theres someone in this room you'd rather be dancing with than him and me." Cedric chuckled and I felt my cheeks heat up when my eyes followed his to Draco Malfoy, who was standing against a wall close to us, Pansy seeming to have disappeared.

"Hey, this is about having a good time. So go relax and dance with whoever you want. It's just a dance." He smiled, and at the end of the song released me into a small twirl, which landed me right across from Draco.

I smiled, "Did you two rehearse this?" I laughed.

He raised an eyebrow and walked towards me, "Like I would talk to that pretty boy."

I sighed, a joking, fun sigh, and laughed, "Then I have to ask. Will you dance with me?"

I don't think I even blinked before he had his arms around me, and our feet were moving to the music. There was nothing said for a moment, but I felt eyes on us both. I kept my voice hushed, my head on his shoulder.

"Was it you?" I asked.

He knew what I was asking, "Depends. Do you like them?"

I nodded, "I love them."

"I just wish you were wearing something you feel comfortable in, not something he forced you to wear." Draco murmured.

I smiled, "I'm getting used to it. Don't worry. I'm just happy I got to dance with you."

For a moment, I could've sworn I saw a smile on his face before I had to walk away, because Phineas's hand was on my arm.

"Hey, Effie, I was wondering..." He paused, "Since we've been together a few months now, I thought that we should kiss."

I felt the air get sucked out of me again, "U-Um...I-I don't know...."

He whispered in my ear, "Oh come on. Think about all the nice things I've done for you. Don't you think you owe me?"

I shuddered, and took a deep breath. He was right. I'd be a bad girlfriend if I don't...."I-I'm sorry, I-I know I do I just..."

"Everybody does it. First kisses are meaningless. Just think of it as practice for later. And like I said, you do owe me something for everything I've done for you." He smirked at me, his brown eyes staring into mine. 

"I-I guess you're right..."

"Of course I am." He then lifted me up slightly, and got closer to me.

And I felt his lips against mine.

Draco's POV:

I was holding a glass of water when it happened. From the other part of the room, I watched as the bastard kissed her. Epona didn't even look like she wanted to .

I squeezed my glass so hard, it shattered into my hand, and glass got all in it. But in the moment, I couldn't feel a thing except for the anger I was feeling. I wanted to fucking deck him. But Pansy grabbed me too quickly to take me to the nurse.

She fixed up my hand and Pansy sat by my side.

"That's not how it works. He can't just force her into kissing him." I growled. And I think for the first time ever, Pansy even looked upset.

"I know...It's appalling. But it's not like we can do anything about it. It's like Phineas said. If we try to break them up, it hurts Effie. Either way; he wins." She shuddered in disgust, "Men are pigs."

"Someone should've been there. Potter should've sensed her uncomfort. He should have stopped it. Because she would've if it were him." I growled, even angrier.

Pansy put her hand on my arm, "Yeah, but we all know Potter is a coward. We just need to hope that Effie can wiggle herself out of this situation just enough to give us an opportunity to stop it."

"You're right. Because no one, and I mean fucking no one, who hurts Epona is going to have their life for much longer." 

Pansy looked worried, "Draco, you're a dick, not a murderer."

"Well looks like I'm going to be."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391K 7.5K 16
!There is quite a few mistakes, please don't correct them this book was written so long ago when i was just a wee lil baby! (Y/n) Potter as you can...
92.3K 1.5K 13
It was a couple years after the Battle of Hogwarts. A lot of people were finally getting over their shock of the war. Well, most. There were still pl...
95.8K 2.7K 53
this is about riley weasley and her life at hogwarts as ron's twin sister. a.n. i wrote this when i was 14 and it's not great but i unpublished it a...