The Rose's Shadow

由 GramzonDragon

Beacon has fallen. Our heroes now must travel to Haven to get some answers. But everyone is scattered across... 更多

Prologue
Chapter 1
Noncanon Halloween Special
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 3

501 12 8
由 GramzonDragon

Yang looked out the window and saw Samantha attacking a training dummy. Yang noticed something strange, Samantha noticed it too.

Samantha: WHAT THE HELL?!

She quickly ran inside past Yang and headed straight for the kitchen sink.

Samantha: Nononono.

Yang watched as Samantha frantically tried to scrub the black off her hands.

Yang: Hey, you alright Samantha?

Samantha: Why won't it come off?!

???: It's your semblance forming.

Yang and Samantha looked and saw a man appear from a golden portal.

Yang: Author?

Author: That's me.

Samantha: So what do you mean my Semblance is forming?

The Author sat down in a chair and put his hand on his chin.

Author: Let me confirm something first, did you have a Semblance before you were kidnapped?

Samantha: No, I was told I that I would never have one.

Author: Well, while Y/N did remove the infection from your system... You seemed to have gained the ability to turn into a Grimm.

Yang: Wait... Turn into...

Samantha: A Grimm?

Author: Grimmification, sounds like a good name for it.

Samantha: But how do I turn it off?

Author: Not sure, maybe relax? Because I think it activated due to your strong negative emotions.

Samantha took a deep breath and exhaled. Her arms slowly turned back to normal.

Author: Good, now I want you to think of negative thoughts. How about when you were trapped in a basement with a maniacal man?

Instantly the woman turned into her Grimm form. The Author nodded as he looked at the woman's appearance.

Yang: Are you okay?

Samantha: If I find that asshole, I'll hang with him by his entrails!

Tai: What have I said about swearing?

The Author sighed as he stood up and left the room. Yang and Samantha were confused until they heard what came from the next room.

Tai: Wait, who are you? How did you get in here?

Author: I am the Author, and I used a portal to get in here. Now take this

There was a loud thwack and a thump.

Author: Now when you wake up, take a look at that dictionary, it has every word in it. That includes the swear words.

The Author returned and sat back down.

Author: Sorry, you don't know how long I've been waiting to do that.

Yang: Is he going to be okay?

Author: Probably an ice pack when he wakes up. Now Ms. L/N, try calming down again.

Samantha calmed down and turned back to normal.

Samantha: I think I got it...

Author: Good, now you better get going. Both of your families need you.

Samantha: You're right, my brother needs me. And I'm pretty sure your sister needs you.

Yang: You're right, let's go! I know where we can start too.

Samantha: Hey Author? Author?

Yang and Samantha looked around as a gold portal vanished.

Samantha: Dammit, and I was going to thank him.

Author: No problem.

Yang: Come on, we can take my bike. Wait, what's this?

Samantha: Looks like a note, and it's for Drake.

Meanwhile

Ruby: Haven is a lot farther than I thought.

Ren: Ruby? How long did you think this journey was going to take?

Ruby: I don't know! I grew up in a small area; I've never been this far away from home!

Jaune: Right but... how long?

Ruby: Maybe like, uh... two weeks?

Vernde: Two weeks? Seriously?

Neo: I would've guessed at least four.

Vernde: I would've guessed five.

Ruby: Hey, what's that?

Nora jumped onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead.

Jaune: That's... strange. I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days.

Nora: Are those buildings... damaged?

Jaune: We should search for survivors!

Jaune drops the map and everyone went running into the village, with Nora leaping onto the wall and to a rooftop from there. They discovered the town was empty. Ruby lifted a fallen plank of wood to find only plant outgrowth underneath.

Ruby: Anything?

Ren: Zero.

Nora: Zilch.

Jaune: Nada.

Vernde: I feel like I've been here before.

Ruby: Wait you have?

Vernde closed his eyes and put his hand on one of the buildings. The breeze gently blew past his face.

Vernde: Ah yes... Oniyuri.

Nora: Oniyuri? Never heard of it.

Jaune: Me neither.

Ren: I have.

The other three look at him, surprise on Nora and Ruby's faces.

Ren: You might think of it as Anima's Mountain Glenn, had it never been completed. Years ago, the richest members of Mistral were unhappy with how the Kingdom was being run.

As Ren speaks, Neo looked at the various unfinished buildings, disrepair and neglect of the village.

Ren: Frustrated with the council, they pooled their resources together to build their own city, with their own laws. They hoped that one day, it could maybe even become its own Kingdom. Many thought it would be the future.

Ren walks away from the others.

Ren: I know my parents did.

Ruby: What happened?

Neo: The Grimm.

Everyone looked at Neo who was at a wall that had claw marks.

Vernde: Not just any... Just one single Grimm.

Ruby: Just one?

Ren: Come on, we need to leave.

Vernde: Agreed, this place is giving me the creeps.

As Team RNJR and Co. continued out of Oniyuri, Ren suddenly sensed something. He puts out his hand to stop the others, his eyes closed as he focuses. Somewhere close by a familiar Faunus can be heard running. Ren draws his weapon. Everyone immediately follow suit. Tyrian soon leaps high over the wall to engage them in combat.

He pulled out his weapons and began to attack the group. Neo blocked the attacker with her umbrella and pushed him away.

Neo: Fuck he's fast.

He then ran at Vernde who pulled out Mark's End with the machete out and swung at the Faunus. Tyrian jumped over it and fired his weapons knocking Vernde back.

Neo: Vernde!

Vernde: I'm fine, just starting to hate this asshole.

Tyrian giggled from the top of a building.

Jaune: We're not looking for a fight!

Ren: Who are you?

Tyrian leaned forward, droped from the tower, does a front flip, and lands on his feet in front of them.

Tyrian: Who I am matters not to you. Or you, or you, or you, or— Well... you do interest me Blondie.

Jaune gasped nervously.

Tyrian: No, I only matter to you.

He points to Ruby, and the rest of RNJR and Co. turn to look at her. She tilts her head in confusion.

Ruby: Me?

Tyrian: Hahaha... You, you haven't the slightest clue, do you? Oh, how exciting this must be.

Ruby: What do you want?

Tyrian begins acting dramatically in response to her tone of voice.

Tyrian: Oh, the rose has thorns! My little flower, I'm here to whisk you away with me!

Vernde: Sorry, but I can't let that happen.

Tyrian: Oh, and how are you going to stop me.

Vernde: In any way I can.

Vernde cracked his neck as black wolf ears appeared from his dark green hair. Tyrian closes his eyes and inhales through his teeth. His eyes slowly open, and he happily growls a single word with a dark grin.

Tyrian: Good.

Delighted that they're willing to fight, Tyrian moves fast to attack Vernde from behind.

Ren: Vernde!

Ren shoots at Jaune's shield so that the ricochet hits Tyrian. Tyrian covers his eyes with his arm and then cartwheels onto Jaune's shield, using his claw blades to spin in the air against it. Ruby steps in to face Tyrian on his descent, but he just kicks her to the side. She regains her ground by using Crescent Rose to steady herself. Jaune takes a swing with his sword at Tyrian, but he simply dodges and kicks him away as well.

His next move is to run toward Nora. From across the way, Ruby grins and shoots Nora with lightning Dust. It passes just over Tyrian's left shoulder, and he turns as he senses it. Nora gets knocked down when the bolt makes contact, dropping Magnhild in the process.

Mistaking the move for an error on Ruby's part, Tyrian gives Nora a baffled stare and laughs while the others simply watch and wait.

Tyrian: Well, if that isn't ironic.

Neo: Three... Two... One.

He sensed something is up and loses his mirth. With a determined, satisfied grin, a now upright and supercharged Nora rushes Tyrian from behind, moving over his right shoulder and coming before him just in time to hit him with Magnhild. The blast from the contact has the others covering their eyes from the backwash of dust and air, Jaune actually taking cover behind his shield.

The air clears to reveal a perfectly fine Tyrian in a crouch, using his now unveiled scorpion tail to block Magnhild. He giggles and curls his fingers at Nora.

Tyrian: Surprise.

He kicks Nora twice in the face before leaping backwards and upward onto a roof, leaving his coat behind.

Ren: He's... a Faunus.

Vernde: I thought I smelled something off about him.

Ruby: What is this about? The White Fang? Roman Torchwick?

Tyrian: Plastic soldiers and pawns. My heart and body belong only to our goddess

Ruby: Cinder...

Tyrian: Hmph, only in her wildest dreams.

Vernde: This so called, 'queen'?

Tyrian: My, you're a smart one.

Tyrian leaps back into the fray. He uses his tail to knock Crescent Rose down. Though surprised, Ruby doesn't lose her grip on it. The two both attack each other and miss until Tyrian kicks Ruby backwards again.

Tyrian uses his tail to go after Ren before finally kicking him away and attacking Jaune next.

Vernde noticed a crow flying toward the fray while Tyrian kicks Jaune back and then Nora, and then Ren returns for more only to leap away again. Neo tried to attack Tyrian we he dodged her and changed his target. Without missing a beat, Tyrian lets Neo be and goes after Ruby again. In quick succession, he delivers a right hook to her face and a left blow to her torso, causing red shimmers on her Aura on her head and chest respectively. He turns and swings his tail to knock her back into the air. She flies back several feet and he rushes forward to meet her before she lands. While Ruby's still midair, he kicks her right in the abdomen, causing a large red shimmer over her abdomen and hips.

The incoming crow turned into Qrow who kept running forward after landing.

Tyrian approaches Ruby on the ground and raises his stinger, his eyes turning dark purple. Nora, who is comforting a fallen Ren, and Jaune both look on in horror. Neo and Vernde nodded to each other. Laughing, Tyrian is about to strike with his scorpion tail when Vernde instantly appeared between them, his weapon imbedded in the ground in front of Qrow, stopping him in his tracks. Tyrian's stinger was imbedded into Vernde's chest, more accurately, his heart.

Ruby: Vernde!

Vernde smirked as he grabbed the tail and yelled out something that surprised everyone.

Vernde: Now Y/N!

A part of Tyrian's tail exploded as a bullet ripped through it. Tyrian screamed in pain as he backed away with his mangled tail flailing around. Vernde removed the stinger from his chest and looked to a hilltop in the distance along with everyone else. There stood a figure in a white cloak holding a smoking black pistol.

Qrow: What the hell...

The figure jumped back and vanished. Tyrian yelled in anger as he rushed to a surprised Qrow and slashed him with the severed stinger.

Qrow: Gah!

Ruby: Uncle Qrow!

Tyrian laughed until the hooded figure dropped behind him, Tyrian's back had several ice spikes shoot from it. He then screamed in pain as he was kicked away. The figure's hood fell revealing Y/N's face.

Y/N: Surprise... Now here's a message I want you to take to Salem. If you want to get to the silver-eyed warrior, then you have to kill me first.

Tyrian ignored Y/N as he tried ripping the ice out of his back.

Tyrian: You BITCH!

Tyrian yelled as he threw down a smoke bomb. When the smoke cleared Tyrian was gone. Y/N sighed as he put his dagger away.

Y/N: *tch* He's gonna be trouble, I just know it.

Ruby: Y/N? Is that you?

Y/N turned around and smiled.

Y/N: Of course my Rose. Guess it took me longer to get my self together.

Ruby instantly jumped into Y/N's arms and started to cry.

Y/N: There, there. I'm here. I'm not going to leave you ever again.

Meanwhile

In the middle of a black void, an Atlas warship floated, with a lone man with blood red eyes working on it.

*BOOM*

???: Damn Atlas technology. Ugh, I need to go for a walk before I blow this whole thing up. Maybe watch something on my 70 inch plasma screen TV. Ah fuck it, going for a walk, and there is no one to stop me. Actually, I'll take a very enthusiastic walk... Then watching something on my 70 inch plasma screen TV.

A/N

There we are, another chapter done. So let's see, Samantha and Yang finally decided to head out, Vernde was secretly a Faunus, and Y/N finally made it to Team RNJR and Co.

Now we also have someone who's been waiting to appear for a long time.

So leave a vote, comment, and your support for the story. And please tell me if you find any mistakes, I'll fix em as soon as I can.

Ancestors guide you.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

36.4K 365 10
Since the fall of Beacon, you haven't been functioning properly. You're combat is messed up, you get distracted easily, and you jump over the littles...
40.4K 876 15
Beacon has fallen, Ozpin is gone, and the rest of the world is perplexed on what happened to Beacon, Ruby, Janue, Nora, and Ren have set off to find...
1.7K 98 6
The boy who ran from bis problems. Found his spirit and ran towards then. The story of Y/n and his adventures as a prospective student of Beacon aca...
3K 60 27
The Beacon Academy fell and the group found itself divided. Krystal is on her way to Menagerie, and Night, Dragon, and Resare are in Vacuo, preparing...