Yuno x Reader||Competition

By yuri-chin

⚠️!!SEMI-SLOWBURN!!⚠️ According to legend, when an owner of a five-leaf clover grimoire defeats the demon tha... More

Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
Authors note.
6.
7.
8.
9.
! discontinued :(

5.

4.4K 141 63
By yuri-chin

Reader pov:

I roamed around the headquarters with Yuno. I wore the squad's signature robe that was given to me by Captain Vangeance earlier, as did Yuno. The robe is made of gold-coloured fabric with faint gold patterns on the surface and only covers my torso. The hood has blue fur around the edges and a pair of blue rope coming out the left-hand side.

As for the base, it was a palace-like structure atop a hill. It is located in an unknown region of the Clover Kingdom. It was so different from the small foster church. My eyes gleamed as we reached the courtyard. We walked down the pavement. In the absence of flaming torches, the dimness gave the impression of twilight. A fountain stood in the middle of the grassy plain. The water sparkled underneath the moonlight.

Footsteps echoed across the courtyard as my gaze met with a male that looked around to my age. I tilted my head as he pushed his dark glasses with rectangular frames. A diamond-like shape protrudes from the bridge of these glasses. He wore a pair of gold, hooped earrings. The man had a slender build, around the same height as Yuno. His light blue coloured hair is short and pushed to the sides and back while also having an angular fringe to his left-hand side.

I stood there in silence along with Yuno who was beside me.

"So you two are our new members this year? What are your names?" the unnamed male broke the awkward silence.

"It's Yuno," my childhood friend spoke.

"My name is [Y/n], nice to meet you..." I smiled. There was a stop at the end of my sentence, waiting for him to tell us his name.

"Klaus Lunettes. You two are neither a royal nor a noble, but a peasant from the boonies, and he let you join our squad. What in the world is Captain Vangeance thinking?" he blabbered. I clenched my fist, hearing enough provoking for the day. "Don't get a big head just because all the captains raised their hands for the both of you at the exam. You won't be accepted as a member of the Golden Dawn that easily."

Second-person pov:

You bit the inside of your mouth, looking at the ground as you tried to keep your composure. Yuno noticed that you were getting irritated and decided to speak up. "We'll see to it that you accept us soon."

"That's some mouth you have," Klaus responded, making your blood boil. You took a deep breath trying to calm yourself down, it worked. The light-blue-haired male walked away, gesturing to follow him. So you two did just that. Klaus gave you a small tour of the gigantic place. Although, it was mostly just the three of you walking around the place in silence. You wondered how Asta was doing. You hoped that he was doing ok, considering the aggressive captain that he has. You smiled to yourself knowing that he would be happy and wouldn't give up under any circumstances. He was probably training himself.

Klaus led the two of you to Yuno's room. He opened the white door with floral golden print, stepping inside as the two of you followed him in. Cyan and gold covered the walls in fancy neat designs. A crimson-coloured carpet laid on top of the maroon marble floors. A golden chandelier decorated with gemstones hung above the three of you. One window faced the bed on the opposite side of the room. Mostly everything was made out of gold, wood,  and expensive-looking things.

"Tomorrow, I'll be lecturing you on your duties as a Magic Knight. I'd rather not be your instructor, but the captain ordered me to do so, and as such, I have no choice. Are you listening?" Klaus turned to Yuno. "It's Yuno. I have a name, and it's Yuno, Klaus," the ravenette narrowed his brows.

"I'm your senior. You'll address me with respect," Klaus growled.

"Understood."

"[Y/n], follow me, I'll show you your room next door and introduce you to Naila, your instructor," the light-blue-haired male turned to you. You were too busy admiring the room to notice that your name was called. "[Y/n]."

"Yes?" you looked up at Klaus, slightly tilting your head. "Come on. And Yuno, don't be late."

"Sayonara Yuno-san!" you waved at Yuno with a smile on your face. He simply smiled and nodded, with that, you followed Klaus out of Yuno's room. He showed you your room. It was beside Yuno's.

After walking for a while you saw a woman with long straight blonde hair that went down to her waist and emerald eyes come to view. She looked angelic. She had food in her mouth but, she quickly ate it up when she saw you and your senior.

"Good to see you, Klaus! Is this one of our new members?" she had sparkles in her eyes as she stared at you. "Is she the one I'm supposed to be instructing?!" she gasped, looking up at Klaus with a huge grin on her face.

You sheepishly smiled at her as your senior nodded his head. "[Y/n], this is Naila. Naila, this is [Y/n]," he introduced the two of you before walking away. Naila straightened herself up before extending her hand out towards you. "Nice to meet you [Y/n], I'm your instructor. I'll be explaining your duties as a Magic Knights with Klaus tomorrow so get some rest ok?"

You took her hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you too Naila-senpai. I won't be late!" you gave her a close-eyed smiled before you let go of her hand. "Do you know where your room is?" the woman asked. You nodded. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow [Y/n]. Sweet dreams," Naila waved goodbye as you waved back. You walked to your room, opening the fancy door before stepping in. It looked identical to Yuno's although, the colour theme was different. Instead of yellow-gold and cyan covering the walls, it is instead covered with white and silver.

You change into a beige nightgown that was provided in the walk-in closet. It was so different compared to the old wooden drawer that you had in Hage. You turned off your night lamp. Jumping onto your queen-sized bed, you reverently rubbed your fingers along the silken mattress. You pressed your cheek to the chilly, white, velvet pillows. The comforter was thick and irresistibly soft, like a billowing cloud. It felt like heaven compared to your thin floor mattress back at Hage. You let out a comfortable sigh before drifting off to sleep.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You woke up to the sound of soft laughter. Your eyes fluttered open. You see a woman with [h/c] hair. Her eyes were unique. Her left eye was a beautiful shade of gold, while her right was a dull gray. She had a healed scar on the right side of her face. It was in a diagonal line as if a beast had scratched that part of her face with its sharp claw. Beside her stood a man with [e/c]. Two dark small horns sat visibly atop of his head.

'Who are you?'  you tried to speak, but nothing came out. You felt paralyzed, unable to control any part of your body but your eyes. You looked down to see an infant's body in the place of yours. 'What the hell?'

"Celeste, she's beautiful..." the man smiled, intertwining his fingers with the [h/c]-haired woman's.

"I hope you'll become one powerful mage one day, my love, [Y/n]... I know you will." The angelic-looking woman put her free hand on your cheek, rubbing it softly. You couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. You couldn't control your actions.

Unexpectedly, the scene changed. You were now in the woman's arms wailing uncontrollably. The atmosphere changed completely. It was no longer day. Dark velvety clouds enveloped the skies. Tall trees towered over the two of you as the woman ran. The bare branches spiked into the sky - no sign of life to be found anywhere. There were small sounds of rustling bushes and the howl of the wind, along with loud explosions. You focused on the woman's face under the moonlight. Her left golden eye was now a hue of crimson. Her right eye was submerged in pure darkness. The woman had tears in her eyes. The man was no longer in sight. The [h/c]-haired woman placed you in a wicker bassinet. "Shhh...don't cry, my love. I'm here..." Celeste hummed a tune that seemed to calm you down. The woman had a warm smile on her face, tears falling down her cheek as she caressed yours.

A loud explosion ringed in your ears. To the sound of the explosion came the terrible echo. You began to cry again. Celeste whipped her head to where the booming sound came from. She glanced back at you as her smile faded. She stood up, raising her hand as if she was about to cast a spell. "Fallen Angel's Gate!"

A portal appeared behind you. The woman carried you in your wicker bassinet through the portal. Her body was halfway through. Celeste brought a hand to your cheek. "Farewell [Y/n], my beloved daughter. I'm sorry that I can't go with you. Sadly, I won't get to see you grow up, but I wish you the very best. I love you..." her voice was soft. She went back through the portal, disappearing along with it.

'Wait!' You didn't understand why your heart ached. You didn't even know this woman. Or did you? You were wailing uncontrollably in front of a familiar-looking old church.

"[Y/n]..." a voice echoed in your ears in a whisper.

"[Y/n]"  there it was again.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Reader pov:

"[Y/n]!"

My body shot upward as I breathed heavily. I look up to see Yuno. He was wearing his Golden Dawn robe over his black turtle neck and beige pants. His brows were knitted in concern as he stood next to my bed. My breathing slowed down as I realized that I was back in my room. The blinding sun hit my face, causing me to squint.

"Are you okay?" Yuno asked. I raised my brow in confusion, wondering why he was in my room and why he was asking me if I was okay.

"Yuno?.." I croaked. "What are you doing here? and what do you mean?"

"I came to check up on you and wake you up. Knowing you, you would normally oversleep and be late," the ravenette said bluntly. "And, you looked like death."

I pursed my lips. "Thanks, tall tree sloth," I swung my legs over the side of my bed, stretching my arms out as I got on my feet. "And it's really nothing to worry about. Honest."

"Boke. You were practically sobbing and kept murmuring things. You're telling me that 'it's really nothing to worry about'?" He had a stoic expression on his face.

My hand darted up to my face, connecting with my cheek. Surely enough, it was wet. My eyes widened. I cringed, wiping my face with my arms to get rid of the tear tracks. I glanced back at my bed to see a tear-stained pillow. Why was I crying? It wasn't even a nightmare...right? I don't even know who those people are. So why do I feel like I have such a deep connection with them? How did they even know my name? What happened to the woman that called me her daughter? I furrowed my brows as I was deep in thought. I stood there with my back facing Yuno.

"[Y/n]." the amber-eyed male blurted, bringing me back to my senses. I blinked once or twice before turning to the ravenette with a reassuring smile. "It's fine. It was just night-terror."

"If you don't wanna tell me, that's fine. You should get ready, I'll wait for you outside," Yuno walked to the door, opening it before stepping out. As the door closed behind him, I sighed. I honestly didn't know what that dream was about or why I remember it clearly. I would normally forget about my dreams. Odd.

I threw on my Golden Dawn robe over a random outfit that I picked out [Authors note above this chapter].  I walked to the door with my grimoire in hand. I turned the silver nob, swinging it open. Yuno stood beside the door with his arms crossed.

"Let's go," before I could say anything, the ravenette spoke. I nodded as Yuno walked in front of me. We walked down the halls, going down a few stairs before we reached the lounge. We saw Klaus and Naila chatting by a pillar as we advanced towards them. Naila grinned as she saw me, waving her hand enthusiastically. I waved back with a smile. Klaus, on the other hand, just stood there with his arms crossed.

"Ohayo [Y/n]!" the blonde-haired woman shouted, forming an 'O' shape with her hands over her mouth.

"Ohayo Naila-senpai!" I continued to wave as we finally got to them.

"Alright, let's cut to the chase, shall we?" Klaus spoke, pushing up his glasses. "Magic Knights have a noble duty, protecting the Kingdom from various threats, such as invasions from foreign countries, to local crimes within the Kingdom itself. These duties are treated as missions that can be accomplished by any Magic Knight, where they could nominate themselves for the duty, or be nominated by a higher-ranked Magic Knight."

Naila nodded as Klaus explained our duties as Magic Knights. I noticed the blonde-haired woman looking at me weird. Her brow was raised as she was frowning at me. "Ano... Naila-senpai, why are you looking at me like that?"

"[Y/n], have you been crying?"

I froze, glancing at Yuno. He had his normal stoic look on his face as he glanced back at me. "Oh, no, why do you ask?" I turned my attention back to my senior, forcing a smile.

"Your eyes are slightly red, and there are small pink streaks on your face," she explained, furrowing her brows.

"She's right, and your eyes are kinda puffy too... not that I care," Klaus stared down at me, observing my face. I chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of my neck. Yuno stayed silent. I didn't think that Naila was this observant. I was about to say something until a voice interrupted me.

"Klaus, Naila, did you explain their duties as Magic Knights?"

I turned to where the voice was coming from. It was captain Vangeance. I sighed in relief, knowing that I was safe for now. Both of my seniors did the Magic Knights' salute, holding three fingers in front of their chest. The three fingers symbolized the clover. I read a book about it once. "Yes, captain," Klaus and Naila responded in unison.

"Good. Now, would the two of you please follow me?" the captain pointed at Yuno and I, indicating to follow him.

We both nodded, trailing behind the masked captain.

"As the two of you should know, as a Magic Knight, you have duties that are treated as missions. I wanted to wait to give the two of you your first mission, but something came up. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity," captain Vangeance spoke. "Do you accept?"

"Yes, sir," Yuno responded, saluting to the captain. I mimicked the ravenette's actions. I honestly wasn't surprised to be given a mission on the first day. We are Magic Knights, after all...it's our duty. I wondered what the mission was about as we continued to follow the captain.

To be continued...

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

[A/n]: Kinda short chapter because next chapter is the continuation. It would take too long to write the whole first mission thing in this chapter because there's gonna be some fight scenes plus I haven't fully planned it out yet so I decided to make it two parts

TYSM FOR THE SPAM VOTES I LOVE READING YOU GUYS' COMMENTS AHHHH IDK WHY BUT IT MOTIVATES ME A LOT.

Also, school started again and I have like two assignments due on Wednesday and I haven't even started lksjliufdleshkb next chapter might be published later than 1-4 days because I acc need to focus more on school I honestly just hate online classes like I can't focus a lot, but yeah sorry if there are any grammar/spelling mistakes

Anywhooo see yall next chapter

word count: 2785

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

542K 11.7K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
831K 38.4K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
3.4K 133 21
Just imagine falling in love with the person you think is the one. But there's a downside, what if 'the one' in your eyes likes someone else? Who wil...
213K 5K 39
Got a secret Can you keep it? Swear this one You'll save Better lock it In your pocket Taking this one To the grave If I show you Then I know you Wo...