The Harper Boys (Wattpad Vers...

By angel48183

Growing up next to the Harper boys, Tori Williams learned to hold her own with them. Her brother Gabe is best... More

The Harper boys
Changes
Hanging out
Going to the cabin
The start
Camping with the Harper boys
Coming home
First day of school and issues
Babysitter
You got to work or something like that
Returning to issues
Ice cream makes everything better
Well, sh*t
Confusion doesn't explain things
Returning to school
Life is tricky then there are the Harpers
Adjustments
Unexpected friendship
Carnivals and jealousy
Dealing with the fallout
What was that?
You got sisters, I got brothers
Well, that's a fine mess
An understanding
The Gray Brothers' bakery
Let's talk about raincoats
Weekend getaway
Antics galore
It's all fun and games until someone gets beamed with an apple
Crazy is as crazy does
Someone always gets sick
Unconditional Love
Someone is watching
Homecoming, part 1
Homecoming, part 2
All hell breaks loose
Aftermath
Halloween with the Harpers
Normal is a dryer setting
Look who turns 18
Thanksgiving shenanigans
New territory
Christmas chaos
Christmas chaos, part two
Senior year in full effect
Valentine's weekend
Snowstorm
Storm
Curveballs
Planning and hustling
Irish eyes are smiling
Wedding chaos
Reception antics
Spring break
Spring break at Universal Studios
Telling the folks
Prom
Graduation
The Harper Cousins are at it again

Dealing with life

2K 107 22
By angel48183

Nate

After what happened Saturday night, I kept myself busy at the shop. Since the shop is closed on Sunday, I could work on cars without interruptions. I opened the toolbox, grabbed a socket, and sat down on a roller, then rolled underneath the car. I got to work.

I had been working for an hour when I felt hands touch my legs and pull me out. I laid on the roller, looking up to see Dad leaning over me.

"I thought I would find you here," dad mentioned.

"I wanted to get a jump on work," I said, sitting up.

Dad grabbed a crate and set it down, then sat down on it. "Does this have anything to do with last night?"

I didn't answer my dad.

"Nate, I know you're upset, but I know what happens when you have feelings for someone," Dad reasoned.

"It's not that," I said.

My dad looked at me with concern.

"Gabe understands me. He was the first person I came out to and didn't judge me. We're best friends," I explained.

"But you could confuse your friendship with thinking it's romantic," Dad reasoned.

"Gabe kissed me on Saturday night. I was willing to forget the other kiss, but he pursued me," I said.

Dad looked at me, not saying anything. I know people assume I kissed Gabe because I'm selfish, but it's not the reason.

"Okay, what happened?" Dad asked.

I took a deep breath and exhaled. "I had already come out to Gabe. Last week, he said he needed to talk to me. I didn't know anything about it. We went to the park and sat on top of a picnic table. Gabe told me about issues he was having with Gia. It's like something changed in their relationship, but he didn't know what. When I asked what Gabe meant, he said he didn't have an attraction to her or other girls like he thought. Then I kissed him," I explained.

"So you weren't figuring out your feelings for Gabe?" Dad questioned.

"Not at the time, but I felt something in that kiss," I replied with a shrug.

Dad looked at me and sighed.

"I'm not into wrecking someone's relationship with my feelings. I wouldn't want it done to me. That's what Elias missed. The worst part is he thinks I did it for my selfish needs," I said, glancing at Dad.

"It's because Elias has been on the receiving end of someone messing with his relationship. He understands how much it hurts. His tact needs a little work."

I scoffed.

"Nate, I know dealing with your feelings is hard. You meet someone who changes your mind about opening up. It's hard to shut it off when the dam bursts," dad said.

"Is that what happened with mom?" I asked.

"Yeah, it did."

I looked at dad with curiosity.

"I had a girlfriend who had issues. She committed suicide," Dad said, surprising me. "When she died, I felt my world shattered and refused to open myself up to someone again. Then one night at a party, I met your mom. She was the first person to get me to laugh. That night was the first time I opened up to someone, but I also realized it involved another family member," Dad explained.

My dad and I looked at each other. Dad turned his head as I looked to see Gabe standing there.

"Yeah, I'm going to go. I'll see you at home," Dad mentioned, getting up and leaving.

He walked past Gabe and nodded. I sat there as Gabe walked over to me. He sat down on the crate and looked at me.

"Look, I got the message loud and clear last night. I'm the asshole and screwed with your relationship," I said before Gabe said anything.

"Is that what you think?" Gabe asked.

"It's what I know," I answered, getting up and walking over to a toolbox.

"You didn't screw my relationship," Gabe said as I grabbed a tool. I returned to the roller. "I knew there were issues with Gia before that first kiss."

I looked at Gabe.

"Gia's a sweet girl, but feelings change. I thought it I was wrong, but I wasn't," Gabe added.

"How do feelings change? You were with Gia for two years."

"Because you lie to yourself. Nate, we all lie to ourselves and make things worse. The one thing that never changed is our friendship. We talked about everything with each other. You know things about me that I never told anyone else. I trust you."

"That's why I came out to you before my family. I knew you wouldn't judge me."

Gabe's brows raised in surprise. "I'm the last person to judge anyone. I can't figure out my shit, let alone give advice. Plus, Tori told me to stop acting like an idiot and talk to you and Gia."

I chuckled.

"Tori also told Elias it's not his job to tell you what to do," Gabe added, surprising me.

"Why would Tori do that?"

"Because my sister cares about you and your brothers. When other people put you down, she stuck up for you. There were many times she told Bradley to shut up. That's why she felt hurt when Elias referred to her as a kid sister at the cabin. Elias doesn't know it, but he crushed her that day."

I furrowed my brows.

"Tori hesitates with Elias because she's waiting for the other shoe to drop," Gabe said.

Well, shit. I got up and tossed the tool in the toolbox, then left. Gabe followed me as I locked up the shock. I got into my car and drove home. I needed to talk to Elias. The problem is someone would beat me to the punch and cause more issues than needed.

*******
Tori

Elias pulled into the driveway, and we got out as we heard car doors. We turned to see Tim and Bradley Wilson. What the hell do they want?

"Well, well, well, look what we have here," Bradley hissed as Tim stood next to him. "It doesn't surprise me you dumped me to move out with one of the Harper boys."

"You slapped me. That's why I broke up with your stupid ass!" I snapped.

"That's funny since everyone knows Elias wouldn't go for an ugly thing like you!" Bradley spat.

"You're jealous," I remarked, turning to leave.

"Then why don't you ask him why he showed an interest in you in the first place? Why would someone who sees you like a kid sister change their mind?" Bradley yelled.

I stopped and turned my head. "What?"

Two cars pulled up as Gabe and Elias got out.

"Shut the hell up before I beat the living shit out of you!" Nate barked, pointing at Bradley.

"Oh, you mean like your old man did to our old man. Yeah, your dad will be hearing from our attorney!" Bradley shouted.

"Bradley, take your stupid ass home before you get the shit beat out of you!" Gabe snapped.

"Not until Tori learns the truth," Bradley said.

Elias grabbed my hand and squeezed.

"What truth?" I asked.

"Oh, Elias only agreed to date you break us up, and everyone knew, including your brother and his brother. He knew about your so-called crush. Everyone knew," Bradley said.

I furrowed my brows.

"They can't stand us, so they used you to get even," Bradley said as I stood there feeling my heart pound. My body heated, making me feel nauseous.

I looked at Gabe and Nate, who wouldn't look at me. I turned my head and faced Elias, who said nothing. I pulled my hand away.

"Tori," Elias said.

I looked at Elias. What do you say to the truth? I turned and walked away as Gabe ran after me. The thing about crushes, you get crushed.

******
Deacon

After hanging out with Gia and listening to her talk about what a failure she is, I went home. I need to work my magic on her. I stopped to see Elias and Nate beating the hell out of Bradley and Tim Wilson. Eh, they got things covered.

I went to bother Tori. "Tori!" I yelled to her window. She didn't respond. "Tori, if you don't answer me, I will hang your panties on the flagpole at school!"

The screen opened, and Tori stuck her head out. "Go away," she said.

I looked at her with confusion.

"You broke your pinky promise to me," Tori said.

"But I didn't," I said, furrowing my brows.

"Yeah, you did when you helped your brothers conspire to break up Bradley and me," Tori said, pulling her head in and shutting the screen.

I stood there with furrowed brows. I never broke my pinky promise to Tori. I knew how she felt about Elias. I hope Elias and Nate beat the hell out of Bradley and Tim. I walked home and went inside, then went to my room. It seems I lost my best friend today, thanks to some schmuck.

*********
Elias

I landed my fist in Bradley's face then shoved him away. I thought the lawsuit had gotten dropped. I'll have to talk to dad later.

I went over to Tori's house and knocked. Greg let me in, and I made my way to her room. I saw Gabe knocking on her bedroom door.

"Come on, Tori!" Gabe yelled.

"Go away, Gabriel!" Tori yelled.

"Please open the door!"

"No, go plot some more! That's all anyone does! Who cares about my feelings? As Bradley said, Elias would never see me as anything more than a kid sister. I guess I'm the fool," Tori said behind the door.

"You're not, and Bradley's wrong!"

"It doesn't matter. Everything is a lie except me falling in love with Elias."

I stood there, surprised.

"How do you know Elias doesn't feel the same way?" Gabe asked through the door.

"Because of Elias, I will always be a kid sister. I accept the truth," Tori said.

I walked over to the door.

"Then accept I'm falling in love with you!" I yelled.

"What? Gabriel, you better not be pranking me!" Tori yelled.

"Open the door and find out," I said as I stood there.

I heard a click as the door opened. Tori looked at me with wide eyes.

"I agreed to date you to keep you from Bradley, but it's because I wanted to date you. I told my brothers you were like a kid sister, so they didn't tease me for liking you. It was a dumb move on my part, but I did a lot of dumb things," I admitted as Tori stared at me.

I had nothing to lose at this moment and stepped towards Tori. I stood in front of her.

"Bradley spews a lot of shit, but he has no say over how I feel about you." I reached and took her hand and placed it over my heart. "You're the only one who has my heart. I watched you grow up and become this beautiful woman. I had the privilege of falling in love with you."

We stood there. Then I watched Tori break. She wouldn't cry in front of people. I knew why. I pulled her to me and held her as I rubbed her back. She wrapped her arms around me and buried her head into my chest.

What Bradley Wilson forgot is when people fall in love, nothing will stop it. He could try to interfere, but it wouldn't work. If I have to prove to Tori every day how I feel, I would. She did the one thing no girl could get. She captured my heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.6K 3.1K 49
Romeo Harper doesn't have an issue with women. If anything, women flock to him. Romeo decides to create a dating service and offers his services to t...
136K 5.2K 41
Matthew Jones, the son of Alex and Ryan Jones, is attending college with his twin sister Elizabeth along with their cousins and friends. What happens...
121K 6.1K 51
The Gray Family has dealt with a lot through different generations throughout the years. They encountered some profound moments, finding love along t...
10.3K 1.4K 32
Mary Fuller has always had a crush on her older brother, Hank's best friend, Beau Shaw. Beau Shaw has been on and off with his high school girlfriend...