πΏπ‘‚π‘‰πΈπ‘…π΅π‘‚π‘Œ (𝐢. 𝐷𝑖𝑔�...

By simply_simps_

"Are you playing hard to get?" "Oh please, you think I'd play anything for you? I'm just simply hard to get"... More

Prologue & Cast
Chapter 1: Friendly Faces
Chapter 2: The Grand Staircase
Chapter 3: Sleeping Bags
Chapter 4: Black Lake
Chapter 5: Wrong Man
Chapter 6: Leaving Home
Chapter 7: Manor Rescue
Chapter 8: Quidditch World Cup
Chapter 9: Friend or Foe
Chapter 10: A Glorified Idiot
Chapter 11: Heartbreak
Chapter 12: Two Sides To A Story
Chapter 13: The First Task
Chapter 14: Deals and Dates
Chapter 15: Amortentia
Chapter 16: Bruises
Chapter 17: Astronomy Tower
Chapter 18: Polyjuice Potion
Chapter 19: The Final Task
Chapter 20: Ghost in the Graveyard
Chapter 21: Remembering
Chapter 22: Cursed Scars
Chapter 23: Summer Loving
Chapter 24: Orders
Chapter 25: Nosebleed Nougats
Chapter 26: Padfoot
Chapter 27: Just Pink Not Pretty
Chapter 28: Quills
Chapter 29: The D.A.
Chapter 30: Quidditch Brawl
Chapter 31: Betrothed
Chapter 32: Mistletoe
Chapter 34: Great Escapes
Chapter 35: Catch
Chapter 36: Department of Mysteries
Chapter 37: Thestrals
Chapter 38: Graduation
Chapter 39: The New Longbottom
Chapter 40: Forever
Chapter 41: Stomach
Chapter 42: Andromeda Tonks
Chapter 43: Wedding Crashers
Chapter 44: Forgetting
Chapter 45: Tyler LeStrange
Chapter 46: Astrid Black
Chapter 47: Cassie Diggory
Chapter 48: Aaron LeStrange
Chapter 49: Rey Quigley
Chapter 50: Belle Quinn
Chapter 51: Ned Longbottom
Chapter 52: Aspen LeStrange
Chapter 53: Cedric Diggory
Chapter 54: Amora Diggory
Epilogue

Chapter 33: Expecto Patronum

2.1K 60 33
By simply_simps_

"This bloody spell won't work!" Ned shouted as he frantically waved his wand. A couple of the members of the D.A. stopped and laughed at Ned's predicament before continuing their spell practice.

"Just think of a happy memory," Harry explained as he helped Luna straighten her stance.

"Easier said than done," Ned muttered under his breath as he aimlessly waved his wand. Belle walked over to Ned, glancing over at Luna who had just conjured a hare made of light.

"Remember when we first met?" Belle asked him quietly.

"Gram was so proud of you! Ned doesn't get many girls..." Neville trailed off as Ned shot him a glare. Neville had been walking over to Belle at the most random times for the past week and trying to touch her stomach to feel a kick. Belle was more than happy too, excited about his enthusiasm to be an uncle, but she didn't have the heart to tell him that the baby wasn't kicking yet.

"Yeah...I walked over to your house and you almost punched me," Ned chuckled. His eyes wandered off, somewhat lost in the memory and Belle grinned.

"What happened next?" Belle asked softly.

"I welcomed you into our neighborhood like the idiot I was and then...I asked you to hang out," Ned told her.

"What did I say?" Belle asked.

"Yes," Ned beamed.

"Give it another try," Belle urged him.

"Expecto Patronum," Ned chanted. Suddenly, a bright glowing blue mist burst from the tip of his wand. A ferocious roar rang throughout the Room of Requirement as a lion emerged from the spell, dashing around the room.

"Expecto Patronum," Belle said, also smiling fondly from the memory. To her surprise, a tiger sprang from her wand. What didn't surprise her was her tiger running right over to Ned's lion as they tackled each other playfully, leaving a trail of light behind them.

"They make it look so easy," Amora muttered under her breath.

"Relationships, or the spell?" Cedric asked.

"Both," Amora grumbled. Cedric threw his head back and laughed before returning back to the moment.

"It's really simple. I saved you back in fifth year, remember?" Cedric reminded her.

"That felt like ages ago," Amora told him.

"Just think of something that brings you joy," Cedric told her. His hands wrapped around her waist firmly as he twisted her stance. One of his arms extended and helped her straighten her arm to point at nothing in particular.

Amora furrowed her brow and squeezed her eyes shut.

"Expecto Patronum," she whispered. She couldn't see her wand or if it was even working. Instead, she was searching her mind for memories that made her happy. She first thought of the first time she rode a broom.

"Hurry! Uncle Lucius will kill us if he sees us on his brooms!" A young Aspen shouted as he expertly mounted a broom and lifted off into the clear blue sky. It was another summer break being spent at the Malfoy Manor, but eleven year old Amora had never ridden a broom before. She cautiously approached the seemingly household item and raised her hand over it.

"Amora don't! You'll get hurt!" Aaron warned her as nine year old Tyler and Draco watched from a distance. Aaron dashed through the freshly cut bright green lawn as Amora furrowed her brows at the broomstick, confused how to use it.

"Just fly up already, you stupid broomstick!" Amora whined. Once the word "up" had left her lips, the broom instantly hovered right up to her hand.

"Amora stop! I swear to god, if you get hurt!" Aaron bellowed as he raced across the lawn.

"What are you kids doing on my new brooms?" Lucius' voice roared from inside the house. Amora turned her head around and saw a flash of pale blonde hair glaring at her.

"Come on, Mores! We can fly to Diagon Alley!" Aspen urged her. Without thinking, Amora clambered onto the broom. She looked up into the sky, slightly blinded by the sun.

She planted her feet firmly into the ground right as Aaron had reached her. When she kicked off of the ground, she felt his small arms wrap around her waist. The adrenaline of shooting into the air, faster than a bird, was exhilarating. Aaron clung onto Amora for dear life as the trio soared into the sky.

"Fly us back down, THIS INSTANT!" Aaron screamed. Amora was too happy to notice as she watched the Manor drift away like a distant memory. The landscape below was filled with rolling hills and streams. Amora floated up and she opened her mouth as clouds drifted by her face.

"Watch this!" Fifteen year old Aspen whooped as he flew upside down on his broom. It was one of the first times Amora had been so free, that she grinned until her stomach hurt.

"I see something! Keep going, I think something's forming," Cedric told her. Amora squeezed her eyes tighter as she gripped her wand, letting herself drift into another memory. She then thought of when she was sorted into Slytherin.

"Slytherin!" The Sorting Hat bellowed. Professor McGonagall lifted the hat off of a grinning Aaron. He practically ran over to the Slytherin table, even giving a high five to the prefect.

"Pretty cocky for a LeStrange, eh?" A twelve year old Ned Longbottom whispered to Amora.

"LeStrange, Amora!" McGonagall read off of her list. When Amora stepped forward, Ned's face went pale, unaware that Aaron had a twin sister.

Amora nervously settled on the small wooden stool as everyone in the Great Hall curiously stared at the young LeStrange, even some of the professors. Her only comfort was Aspen who was sitting at the Gryffindor table giving her a double thumbs up and grinning at her. That was the last thing she saw before the Sorting Hat fell on top of her head and covered her eyes.

"Another LeStrange, eh? I know just what to do with you," the Sorting Hat's voice shouted.

"What's this? I sense a bit of confliction! Ambition of a Slytherin, Bravery of a Gryffindor, Loyalty of a Hufflepuff, and the Wits of a Ravenclaw..." the Sorting Hat muttered. Amora then heard mutters and whispers spread around the Great Hall.

"Has she actually confused the Sorting Hat?"
"Must be dark magic..."
"...LeStrange in Hufflepuff? No way!"
"Just put her in Slytherin already!"
"She could be Ravenclaw..."

"Shut it! My sister is trying to get sorted!" Aspen roared from the Gryffindor table.

"Hmmm...very interesting...qualities of polar opposites... loyal and ambitious...Hufflepuff and Slytherin, all in one girl," The Sorting Hat's voice rang throughout the hall.

"Please in Slytherin...I can't leave my brother alone...my family will be upset if I'm not..." Amora silently thought, crossing her fingers.

"Those were some awfully Hufflepuff thoughts of you," The Sorting Hat chuckled.

"You can read my mind?" Amora asked, shocked.

"Hmmm...better be...Slytherin!" The Sorting Hat shouted. Suddenly, the hat was lifted and the blinding light of the Great Hall came back into focus. The Slytherin table roared with cheers as Amora stumbled down the steps and to the table, still a bit dazed and confused. Little did she know that she had just caught the attention of a certain young Hufflepuff boy...

"Mores! I see ears! Keep focusing! One more happy memory should do it...You can do this, I know you can," Cedric's voice rang out, his voice filled with enthusiasm. Amora racked her brain for more memories, anything. Then she thought of the first time she met Cedric, without knowing it.

"Flint has the Quaffle, closely pursued by Preece! He's going in for the score... and it's blocked by Fleet!" The announcer's voice rang throughout the Quidditch stands.

Second year Amora shivered, trying her best to keep her nerves down. It was her first Quidditch game since Flint found out she had a knack for flying and put her right in the Seeker's position. Her only comfort was knowing that the Hufflepuff's seeker was also a second year. She noticed the young Hufflepuff boy out of the corner of her eye, but something was off. While she was frantically looking for the small golden Snitch, he seemed to be looking at her. Amora became distracted, turning her attention to the Hufflepuff seeker, until she noticed a small golden glint of sunlight hovering near his head.

In an instant, she took off, right in the direction of him. He smiled and waved hello, but was caught off guard when she sped right past him, chasing the Snitch.

"LeStrange has spotted the Snitch! Closely pursued by Diggory!" The announcer's voice shouted, followed by cheers from the stands.

"Diggory...so that's his name," Amora thought silently to herself. She expertly weaved her way through the cluster of players on both teams clashed. Her eyes were focused on the Snitch, mimicking it's movements as she slowly grew closer to the small victory.

The Snitch suddenly dove down, and Amora dipped her broom down. The Diggory boy was now neck and neck with her as they both raced for the Snitch. She grit her teeth as she extended her arm, clawing at nothing but she air. The Hufflepuff Seeker did the same, his sharp grey eyes focused on the Snitch. Everything then happened in slow motion. She reached forward for the Snitch and leaned off of her broom. Her fingers wrapped around the Snitch and she closed her eyes shut, certain that the impact of the ground would collide with her soon.

Instead, a pair of arms wrapped around her. She hit the ground, but not as hard as she expected. She opened her eyes and saw a flash of yellow as her and someone else rolled on the ground, slowing down slowly. Once they came to a complete stop, Amora slowly opened her eyes and looked over to her right. To her surprise, the Diggory boy was also on the ground, wincing as he got to his feet.

Did the Diggory boy protect her from the fall? With his own body? For a girl he didn't even know?

Before Amora could ponder more on these thoughts, she noticed a group of Slytherins storming the field, cheering and hollering triumphantly. She quickly scooped the Snitch back up and climbed to her feet slowly. She then looked over to the group of students calling her over.

Instead, she walked over to the Diggory boy who's face was beet red from the embarrassing loss. When he looked up, he noticed Amora who extended her hand. He accepted and she helped him up. Once they were both standing up, they stood there silently, not sure what to say.

"Good game," Amora said, shaking his hand.

"Good game," Cedric agreed. Then, just like that, Aaron and Marcus Flint hoisted Amora on their shoulders, cheering. Amora turned around for a moment, but hesitated. She then celebrated her victory, sure she was never going to see the Diggory boy again.

Suddenly, memories of Cedric began flying throughout her mind.

Him saving her from the dementors...
Landing on him in the Grand Staircase...
Diving into the Black Lake for him...
Their first date under the stars...
Him saving her from the Black Lake...
Dancing in the Astronomy Tower...
Peaceful mornings over the summer with him...
Christmas with him...
All of their kisses...
All of their love...

And suddenly, all there was was him...

"Sunshine, you did it!" Cedric whooped. Amora opened her eyes and a small gasp left her mouth. A elephant made of light emerged from her wand as it wandered around the room, it's trunk trumpeting. Some students paused and watched in wonder and awe as the elephant walked around, interacting with other patronuses.

"A dragon! That's sick!" Aaron whooped.

"Aaron hush! People are trying to focus!" Rey chastised him. Amora looked over and couldn't help but to smile as Aaron's dragon swooped around the room, glowing a bright blue.

"Oh you're just jealous that I got a cool dragon and you got a little lamb," Aaron snickered. Sure enough, a small lamb was resting at Rey's feet, small wisps of blue surrounding it.

"This lamb could kick your arse," Rey growled.

"Sorry Bo Peep, I doubt so," Aaron chuckled. Amora then chuckled as Rey chased Aaron around the room, shooting hexes at him.

"Look out!" Hazel's voice shouted. Suddenly, Cedric lifted Amora up into the air as a small white mare dashed under them.

"Oh wait, a patronus can't run into you guys...sorry!" Hazel giggled as she chased her white mare around the room, giggling.

"Whoa...Ced look," Amora said, shaking her boyfriend.

"Hm? What is-...oh bloody hell," Cedric muttered.

Cassie had her wand raised in the air as a phoenix gracefully soared into the air. It then swooped down low and flew right through Amora and Cedric.

The blue mist swirled around the pair as Amora turned to Cedric.

"Let's see your patronus," she said.

"Expecto Patronum," Cedric chanted. A small badger dashed from his wand as it began running around the room, full of energy.

"How did you conjure it so fast?" Amora asked, confused.

"I just think of you," Cedric murmured calmly. The couple then watched as the badger and elephant drifted together before peacefully settling together. The moment really held magic as patronuses drifted around the room and friends laughed together. It felt like Hogwarts was alive again.

"Mister Harry Potter!" Dobby's voice shrieked. Everyone in the room stopped moving, his voice breaking the peace. Amora watched sadly as her patronus disappeared, desperately wishing to bring back the moment.

"What is it Dobby?" Harry asked the frantic house elf. The students gathered began exchanging nervous glances and Aaron's hand wrapped around Rey's.

"She..." Dobby started, but he clamped his hands over his mouth, green eyes wide.

"Is it Umbridge?" Harry questioned.

"She knows, Harry Potter! She's coming!" Dobby squealed.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

A/N: Did I just write this chapter for 3 hours straight? ... yes, yes I did :)

TYSM FOR 16K READS. IF YOURE READING THIS, HUG YOURSELF. GREAT CAUSE THAT WAS ME, I JUST HUGGED YOU <3

Extra question, what's everyone's patronus? (Mine is a unicorn! I got it on the Pottermore Quiz)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 53 16
People say that love is the strongest force there is, but how true is that? Love can overcome many things, yes, but can it overcome everything? Harry...
686 38 6
[EDITED] [BOOK ONE] In Hermione Granger's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she finds herself falling for the most popular...
783K 20.5K 35
Cedric Diggory has just started his sixth year at Hogwarts with his best friend by his side. He's excited for another year of Quidditch and finally l...
8.3K 304 34
❝i know i'm not supposed to, and i know you don't want me to, but i love you. ❞ love. it's not what lauren miller expected to find at hogwarts, let a...