Common Sense Not Found (Dnf)

By nolongerNofTD

After many years of being "just friends", an incident including alcohol and a simple game of Seven Minutes in... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Epilogue
Karlnap Spin-off
My Other Story!

Chapter Seven

28.2K 852 1.9K
By nolongerNofTD

Quick author's note:

I never expected to get this many reads on a story, much less a fanfiction. This book isn't even close to my best work and it may go a little quick from here because I have a new story I'm putting a lot more work into, especially with the plot and characters.

I literally just- wow.

I have convinced my friend I'm famous. Hi, Ella. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George woke up with the worst headache he had ever experienced in his life. Blurry visions of what had gone on the night before replayed in his mind as he made his way across his bedroom which was littered with soiled clothes and water bottles. A bottle of Advil sat spilled on his bedside table, so he scooped them all into his hand and placed the brownish pills back into their rightful place.

Making sure not to wake his sleeping friends, George walked towards the bathroom. It must have been extremely early hours of the morning, seeing as the normal sounds of breakfast being made and his sisters talking were nowhere to be found.

The shuffling of his slippers was currently the only thing he could make out as the world faded around him. The bathroom door was wide open, as if telling him to go in. George did as told and entered the bathroom, squinting as he turned on the lights.

The decision to take a shower was made almost instantly after George met his own gaze in the mirror. The bags under his eyes were dark and could even be mistaken for black eyes at first glance. His hair was messy and worst of all, his eyes were bloodshot.

George winced as the heavy water droplets hit the empty tub, causing a loud noise that surely spread through the majority of his house. He could only hope he didn't wake anyone as he stepped into the shower.

The water was refreshing and seemed to empty his mind, making room for his thoughts to go wild.

Unsurprisingly, the first and only thing George could think about was Dream.

The kiss had been magical. Even thinking about it, he felt as if he were floating.

'We were drunk.' George reminded himself, bringing his hands to his face, groaning.

Nothing seemed to make sense as George placed himself on the floor of the shower, just as he had weeks ago. He found his eyes closing and his thoughts became distorted.

Suddenly George jerked awake in his bed, eyes wide. He glanced around his room that seemed overgrown by vines and assorted flowers.

It was a beautiful sight, the flowers being different shades of blue and the vines were wrapped around his furniture, shifting every once in awhile.

George got up to explore the jungle that had formed in his home, but his feet failed to meet the floor and suddenly he was falling through darkness, nothing else in sight.

He clawed at the air, screaming as loud as he could.

Finally, George gave in and let himself fall. He fell faster and faster, but he didn't seem to care anymore.

Something hit him in the back and completely knocked the air out of him. He choked, trying to look around and find the cause of his injury. The only thing that met his gaze however, was Dream.

Dream reached out a helping hand and George took it carefully yet confused. His friend only giggled, pulling him to his feet.

"Fancy seeing you here," Dream laughed, still holding onto George's hand, even though he was safely standing up now.

"You're one to talk. Where are we?" The room was completely dark except for a fireplace and some white furniture. It smelled like the library that George adored so much and he was quick to find comfort in the situation he had placed himself in.

"I'm not sure, but at least we're together,"

"Yeah," George admitted.

A silence was quick to come over the two as they set themselves on a couch in front of the fireplace. Sparks bounced around the burning log and it emitted a great amount of heat, abnormal for how small the fire itself was. The room had proven to be very homely and George no longer felt trapped.

A hand met George's and as he looked over, he was met with the green eyes of his best friend. Although he was considerably confused, George took advantage of the fact that he was sitting in his very own dreamland where nearly anything was possible.

George reached his free hand over to Dream and grasped his jaw in his hand, slowing leaning in. Dream took the hint and also moved closer. They were about to close the gap when Dream moved away, pushing George in the process.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Dream yelled, now staring down at George as he had grown at least twice his size. George didn't move as he listened to his "friend" scream at him, "You're worthless, George! Did you really think I meant that first kiss? You're dumber than I thought!"

Insult after insult left Dream's mouth, causing George to shrink into himself, gripping his knees to his chest. Tears streaked down his face and he gasped for air.

All of a sudden, the room he sat in seemed to fade.

George was now sitting in his bathtub once again, hugging his knees to his chest, tears spilling from his eyes.

The water was now freezing, revealing that he had been sitting in the water for far too long. He shut off the water and moved the shower curtain to the side so he could step out into the bathroom.

The mirror had been fogged over, so he located the hand towel hanging next to him, and swiped away the remaining fog.

His reflection appeared to be even drowsier than before, seeing as not much had changed except now his hair was wet.

Upon reminding himself of the state he had previously been in, the horrid headache returned, causing him to wince in pain. He didn't remember taking any medication, but he didn't risk taking anymore considering he also couldn't seem to remember arriving home the night before.

The moonlight shone through the small window above the toilet and reminded him of what time it was.

George sighed, realizing he had forgotten to grab extra clothes. Instinctively, he slipped on his hoodie and boxers so he could make his way back to his room. It felt like forever before he finally made it back to his room but as soon as he made it, he flopped onto his bed in defeat.

'I'm never going to another party,' He thought as he pulled the covers over his head, groaning obnoxiously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something poked George in the cheek and then again in the arm. He swatted at it, but was only greeted with the sounds of giggling. To his misfortune, George opened his eyes to the sight of Nick standing directly over him.

"Get the fuck up!" Sapnap screamed, laughing loudly.

"No way, dude." George rolled over again, wrapping himself up in the blanket.

The blanket burrito he lied in didn't last long as it was ripped off of him.

"Woah! Georgie's not wearing any pants!" This was all George had to hear for him to be up and out of bed.

That was until he realized he was in fact wearing underwear and he lied back down for a few more minutes of sleep.

"Whatever, man. I'm gonna leave to go get some coffee or something. Want anything from Starbucks?" George only mumbled something incoherent and Sapnap left with a simple scoff.

"How is he not horribly hungover?" A groggy voice spoke from behind George and he rolled over to find Dream rubbing his eyes on the floor next to him.

"I dunno, he must do this often," George nearly forgot about what had happened at the party, but it suddenly came back to him in a rush of disappointment.

Just thinking about the fact that he had accidentally kissed the person sitting right next to him made him want to run out his bedroom door and into the street, but he refrained, instead stuffing his head in a pillow.

Dream chuckled, getting up and sitting on the bed next to George.

'Oh my god, he must not remember what happened!'

George looked up at Dream and couldn't help but notice the slight smile on his face.

'What the hell is that about?'

"Is there anyway you would be willing to talk about last night?" Dream spoke as if he weren't embarrassed or disappointed by his actions in the least bit.

'Fuck.'

"Sure." George's answer was the complete opposite of confident and it made Dream laugh.

"Look, I don't want anything to be weird between us, so I'm just gonna come out and say it."

'Oh god, here it comes.'

"George, I don't regret the kiss at all."

'What?'

"I want to apologize to you for taking advantage of how drunk you were, but it's something I've been wanting to do for awhile anyway."

"What?!" George's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head and he became extremely flustered.

"So I guess I should be apologizing?" Dream scratched the back of his neck, uncomfortably and began to play with his hoodie strings.

"Hell no!" George looked up at the concerned look on his friend's face and laughed, "I mean, you don't have to apologize for anything because I feel the same way."

They seemed to be thinking the same thing as Dream leaned forward, looking directly into George's eyes. It wasn't long before George was pulled towards Dream and they were locked in a kiss.

This kiss wasn't anything like the drunken "closet kiss" they had experienced the night before. It was thought out and understanding.

When they finally pulled away from one another, it was only to gather more air so they could kiss once again.

This kiss was shorter, but it was filled with just as much passion as the one before. Nothing could possibly ruin this moment. This was their moment and their moment only.

"I love you, George."

"I love you too, Dream."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a wrap for now.

An epilogue may be in order, though....

Word count: 1,645

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 12.9K 30
dream and george are well-known enemies throughout the whole school. what happens when they get partnered up for a school project? will it be a disas...
120K 5.2K 31
17 year old Ryan Ross was just a normal kid living in Las Vegas until he fell for his new best friend who also happened to be his bandmate. When thei...
622K 17.2K 37
DreamNotFound/Gream George and Clay have been best friends for a little over 2 years now, and George thinks he is starting to have feelings towards C...
377K 7.8K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.