The Dead Melody Maestro Deku...

By OwlyPersona125

Midoriya can't believe it. Dead from a stupid accident. Dead. They say that if you travel through Musutafu at... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Not an Update
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Again, no update
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Sorry!
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
2 Week Hiatus
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Story Up For Adoption
Story has been Adopted
Link!

Chapter 1

8.7K 281 163
By OwlyPersona125

They say that if you travel through Musutafu at night, you'll hear piano music and singing.

They say that if you have worries, they will disappear.

They call the ghost 'Deku'.

[Note: this is not a Bakudeku]

------------------------------------------

If Bakugou knew one thing, it was that Deku was going to be the best musician. Deku had this dream since they were kids. He was going to be the number one hero and Deku would compose his music and travel all over Japan and compose music for him. 

That would never happen.

Bakugou went down the streets when the sun started to set and walked towards the beach. Dagobah beach to be exact. Back then, Deku had encouraged (read: forced) him to clean the beach for training since they were around six or so. The beach was practically sparkling from all their efforts.

He stood by the water's edge, barely touching the lapping waves. "Hey, Deku? You there?"

A soft note rings through the air and Bakugou could recognize the song. He quietly smiled and stood there for a while, listening to the song, listening to Deku sing. When it stopped and Bakugou waited for a while in case Deku wanted say something. "I'm going to UA tomorrow, I got first in the entrance exam and saved some random brown-haired extra. Happy?" 

Some notes passed by, making Bakugou smile wider. "Yeah, I'm going to show all those shitty extras who's boss." 

Bakugou could hear Deku's laughter before it faded away. "See ya later nerd."

That night, locals could hear the songs louder and happier. They knew that the ghost was happy.

------------------------------------------

The name 'Deku' came from Midoriya's friend, Bakugou. Midoriya was a musician, one who had attended many concerts and competed in competitions, making Midoriya a local favorite, especially when he played for the retirement home. 

That all changed when a slime monster killed him. 

So when they heard the familiar yet ghostly music around Bakugou during the day and at the beach during night, the neighborhoods had figured out Midoriya was here to stay. And so, they decided a local nickname for Midoriya:

Deku.

------------------------------------------

The sun rose early as Midoriya looked at the town below. He 'sat' on the tallest building nearby and watched the people wake up and go out. Finally spotting Bakugou, he flew down and tapped his shoulder. Bakugou shivered slightly and smiled slightly at where he thought Midoriya was.

"Hello, you damn nerd."

Midoriya swatted the side of Bakugou's head. Bakugou chuckled. "Yeah, yeah, you're not a damn nerd."

Running his hand through his hair, Bakugou jerked his head towards the shiny, glass building of UA. "Didn't ya want to go to UA? Come on, you're a fucking ghost."

Midoriya snorted. He knew that Bakugou couldn't hear. He had quickly learned when he first died ten months ago that no one could hear him unless he was singing. Midoriya was weird like that. Midoriya told this to Bakugou through song and Bakugou had called him a 'fucking Disney princess'. Midoriya had to admit - he wasn't wrong.

The two walked (well, Bakugou walked. Midoriya floated.) towards UA and as they passed the entrance, Bakugou suddenly stopped. "We're fucking here. And you're with me in some sort of shitty sense. Can't fucking believe it."

Midoriya put a hand onto Bakugou's shoulder, causing him to shiver. "Yeah, let's just go fucking in."

As the two got into the building, Midoriya felt a rush of adrenaline and he smiled. Not that anyone would notice. 

When they (finally) got to the door, Midoriya's jaw dropped. Did giants come here or something? Bakugou seemed to share his astonishment and said, "Why the fuck is the door so fucking big?"

Walking into the classroom, Midoriya noticed several people. First, there was a person who had two hair colors, another had bird head, one had tentacles, and another had tape dispensers as elbows. Midoriya ran through types of quirks they could have and what they could do with it. His thinking was soon put to a halt when Bakugou sat down at one of the desks and put his feet up. 

"What are you doing, defacing the property of the school?! Heroes have sat there before you and right now you are insulting them!" 

"Shaddup Four-eyes!" Bakugou yelled.

Midoriya looked around and spotted something that wasn't there before. A yellow thing. 

He swiped at Bakugou and Bakugou looked over, in the direction he had hit him at. Bakugou's eyebrows furrowed as he said, "What the fuck is that shitty overgrown caterpillar?"

Those who heard him looked over and those who didn't hear him copied what their other classmates did to see a yellow thing lying by the door. It turned over to show a face as it stood up and unzipped itself like a banana.

"Good, but pay attention. If you're here just to make friends, I suggest you to leave. My name is Aizawa and I will be your homeroom teacher for the rest of the year. Now put these uniforms on and meet me outside. We're going to have a Quirk Apprehension Test."

Midoriya zoomed through the walls to the outside. For once, he was glad that he was a ghost. He didn't have to worry about walls anymore. Or tripping. Bakugou had often commented that he was clumsy.

After looking around for a few seconds, he spotted Aizawa and flew down to him. 

Several minutes passed as the class slowly came. Bakugou was among one of the first. Midoriya grinned. Back when he was alive, he practically drilled it into Bakugou's head to be punctual and always early or at least on time.

It took a total of ten minutes for everyone to come out and Aizawa faintly let out a sound of disapproval. "That sort of time could mean life or death on the field. Being a hero isn't always about being flashy or famous. Make sure you know that."

The class let out a 'Hai, sensei!' and Aizawa continued, "Now, Bakugou, how far could you throw a baseball in middle school?"

Bakugou smirked. "67 meters."

"Good, now throw this with your quirk."

Midoriya watched as Bakugou sauntered up to the white line and caught the ball Aizawa had thrown. He sighed. He was going to have to teach Bakugou more about humbleness later. That attitude could gain him some major enemies. 

Floating over, he carefully swatted the top of Bakugou's head, who shaked so faintly, almost no one, except Midoriya, could see that.

"Thanks, Deku," Bakugou murmured under his breath as he prepared to throw the ball.

"DIE!!!!!!!"

Midoriya nodded in approval when Aizawa's phone showed that he had thrown it 702.3 meters. It seemed as though training paid off.

"This seems like fun!" a pink-skinned girl said.

Midoriya face-palmed himself when he heard that. 

"Fun? The person in last place will be expelled."

"What?"

"No way!"

"That isn't fair!" a girl with brown hair said. Midoriya tilted his head slightly. Was this the girl Bakugou saved?

"Li-"

"Life isn't fucking fair at all! If you can say that this isn't fair, you are nowhere near fucking ready to be a fucking hero! Fuck, there are natural disasters, shitty villians, and people are fucking dying every fucking day! So shut the fuck up and deal with this shit or you can go fucking away and stop dreaming to be a hero!" Bakugou practically growled at the girl who flinched at the intensity of Bakugou's words.

Midoriya couldn't blame him. After all, Midoriya did die in front of him. Bakugou had exploded the slime villain's eyes and got him out but not fast enough to save Midoriya.

It must've taken a mental toll on him.

"Well, now that Bakugou has finished, we can now start the test," Aizawa said, and everyone tensed up slightly.

"Show me you want to be here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267 4 7
In a world where Izuku Midoriya is slowly falling into a deeper depressive state. Enough that he becomes almost unrecognizable by the people around h...
1.4K 63 2
Midoriya heads off to explore the world, but runs into some bandits and gets killed. However he's not exactly dead, he's a ghost! Then one day a wolf...
96.6K 615 17
I just gave up on the title, its just basically like every singer deku story, with my own twist ok? Characters incluced: Class 1-A (Yes there are Mid...
639K 19.8K 76
Izuku Midoriya, aspiring hero with a big secret. In a world full of quirks and werewolves, mates are a huge deal. However, Izuku is forced to watch n...