Opia

By sheens199

Alora Cole is the girl everyone dreams of having, including the Gryffindor's. When she transfers to Hogwarts... More

A/N
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
A/N

19

11.8K 308 501
By sheens199

Planning and Timetables;

TW: Mentions of bulimia

"Okay, as your official best friend I have created a dining plan for your 'challenge'," Leona said as we sat by the fireplace in the common room. 

It was finally the Christmas holiday and Leona decided to stay with me, considering my mother told me I couldn't come home. Despite how much I refused, she wouldn't budge. Theo was a piece of work to get onto the train, we practically tricked him in there. 

"My challenge?" I questioned her, tilting my head a little to the side as I looked at her weirdly.  

She nodded her head, "We're going to start calling your problem a challenge. A challenge which we shall face and conquer together." I shook my head as she showed me her plan.

"Whoah- hold up- I have to have breakfast and dinner?" I asked, disbelief written across my face.

She nodded her head, taking the planner back and using her pen to explain everything. "I'll be there with you through it all. Breakfast you'll have to eat a good amount. For lunch you can have minimal food and dinner you will need to eat a very good amount. It's a constant pattern," she explained. 

I threw my head back in defeat as I knew there was no going back from this. As if on cue, Draco enters the common room with a book in his hand. "Scrooge decided to stay here for Christmas I see," Leona snorts, causing Draco to look up at us. 

He walked over to us with a bored expression, "I see you're not welcomed home again. And you? Homeless or just accompanying your lost friend?" My eyes widened before I excused his words, not in the mood to talk to him. 

"His boyfriend's went back home so he's been salty these past couple of days. Finally comes out of his cocoon," Leona whispered to me. 

I held in my chuckle as Draco flicked Leona's head, "It's Christmas and I'm hungry. Not that I owe you an explanation." We rolled our eyes as he left.

"Come on," Leona clapped her hands as she got up. I looked at her weirdly. "Dinner? Come on," she groaned and dragged me on the floor until I got up. 

-

"Leona, I don't even like meat," I groaned. She somehow convinced me to come into the Great Hall and eat, there was surprisingly not that many people here. Of course, Draco forced himself to sit with us which was uncomfortable. 

Leona rolled her eyes as she glanced at Draco who was keeping in his laughter. "You've sucked Draco's meat, this is just tastier," she shrugged and shoved the fork in my mouth. 

My eyes widened but I swallowed the food down, regretting ever apologising to her. Draco's cheeks turned red but he went back to his book, trying to ignore us.

Not wanting to hear any more of Leona's disgusting commentary, I open my journal and draw whilst I take small bites. "Oh my-" I heard her gasp, I looked up to see her staring at someone. 

Turning my head around, I noticed Pansy walk in with a friend of hers and they're walking towards us. "Hey- eh- Leona, would you like to come outside with us?" Pansy asked, slightly waving at me to which I returned with a smile. 

"Oh- I-I'm kind of bus-" Leona began but I interrupted her, "She would love to, Pansy." Leona rose her brows before I gave her a long stare, letting her know it's okay to go. 

Leona got up and mouthed a thank you to me but stopped quickly, "Draco, make sure she finishes her dinner. If she doesn't, you report to me." Draco didn't have a second to object as Leona grabbed Pansy's hand and ran off outside with her. 

I chuckled before looking down and continuing with my drawings until I was disturbed by a figure sitting in front of me. I looked up to see Draco who shuffled himself opposite me. "Can I help you?"

He shook his head, "No. But if I were you I'd hurry up and finish your food." I rose my brows at him as I rolled my eyes, "You don't have to listen to her y'know."

"I know but I don't want you to get sicker," he muttered and I stared into those bright blue eyes as I repeated his words in my head. 

"What did you just say?" He took his fork and put it in his mouth as he locked his eyes on me, not removing them as he took out his fork. 

"You know, I don't know if you're aware but I'm the smartest in our year. I notice things and I'm not daft to realise that you don't come down here or when you do you don't touch the food," he explained. 

My mouth slightly hung open in shock as I stared at him, not knowing what to say. I knew he was smart of course, it was obvious in his grades, but I never thought he'd pay attention to the little details about me. 

"So, what I'm hearing is you've been watching me," I smirked, leaning my head on my hands as I look at him. "I've been watching you since your first day here," he let out which wiped the smirk off my face. 

I stared into his eyes, getting lost in the deep blue colour. He chuckled before picking up my spoon and bringing it to my mouth, I grabbed the spoon out of his grip, "I can feed myself you know."

He chuckled as he threw his hands in surrender and for some reason, I managed to finish my dinner with Draco in front of me, the uncomfortable sensation fading away. 

Once I finished my food, I drank my juice to wash it all down. It was definitely a weird feeling, eating a proper meal. I haven't been able to eat anything for a very long time, it felt different. 

"Want to take a walk outside?" Draco asked, snapping me out of my thoughts, I gave him a smile and nodded my head as we both got up to go for a walk. 

-

We were outside, walking around the garden as we viewed the stars and snowy ground. "It truly is beautiful," I mumbled, breaking the silence that was held between the two of us. 

"Yes, what was it like in France?" He asked, directing me to a bench just opposite the huge Christmas tree which was lit up. 

I took a seat and crossed my legs together, "It was beautiful. The snow made it even more beautiful. We used to make snow angels all the time."

He chuckled as he kicked some snow with his foot, "We?" I looked at him before realising what he meant, "Me and my roommates. We never got along but for some reason, Christmas brought us all together."

"I'm happy to hear that."

I shivered slightly, rubbing my hands to stay warm. "Are you cold? Here," he quickly said before removing his jacket and placing it on my shoulders. 

"I-I'm f-fine," I stuttered but I accepted his jacket as I was feeling hypothermic. 

We stood in silence for a bit, observing the scenery before us. "Can I ask you something?" Draco dropped as he shuffled closer to me. 

"Go on."

"Why do you have an eating disorder? I'm sorry if it's too personal," he said, his tone softening.

I shook my head as I stared out into the open, not wanting to face him, "I was kidnapped for a year by a group of horrific wizards. I've been bulimic every since." My eyes widened slightly at what I just blurted out but there was no going back now. 

I felt his hand on my thigh, rubbing it, "I'm so sorry. Was your boggart the man who kidnapped you?" I nodded my head as I held my fingers together, "He was the person who assaulted me and did all the punishing. My biggest fear I guess is facing him again."

I didn't know what was happening but I felt his strong arms wrap around my shoulders, bringing me to his chest as he attempted to comfort me. "When was this?" He asked.

"When I was 11. I was on my way here when they took me. Mum thought it was best to take me to France and educate me there. Then they found me and well I'm here now. Couldn't even go home for Christmas because of it," I chuckled, wiping away a tear as I refuse to breakdown in front of him. 

I spent a good amount of time explaining to him everything, everything I explained to Leona and Theo. I don't know why I did that, I guess his soft side made me think I could trust him. Everything about him made me feel at peace.

I pulled away from him slightly as I plastered a smile on my face, "But you know what? I'm fine, honestly. Let's do something else besides get depressed over my past."

He parted his lips to speak as he had a sympathetic look on his face but my eyes widened as I had an idea. I jumped up and pulled him up with me, "Do you know what a polaroid is?"

He looked at me dumbfounded and shook his head. "Come," I giggled. I dragged him all the way to the tree and told him to stay there. 

"Do you have your wand?" I asked, hugging myself as the iciness of Scotland was getting to me. "Yes, it's right down here and ready for-" I stopped him by a light shove and he gave me his wand as he chuckled. 

"Accio Polaroid!"

A few seconds went by before my camera came flying out and landed in my hands. "What is that rugged thing?" Draco asked, his voice filled with disgust. 

"It's a muggle camera, I bought it in France. Trust me, it's pretty cool," I winked and walked up to him. "Since you have long arms, hold it and press that red button when I tell you," I commanded. 

He shrugged his shoulders but did as I said. I wrapped my arms around him, "Smile and point it." I smiled like an idiot the second he pressed it and the flash blinded us both, I grabbed the camera and watched the photo print. 

"Wow!" Draco gasped as he watched the device in front of me. I showed him the picture once it was ready and he eyed it with excitement. "Let's take more," he said and I nodded my head in agreement. 

We took a couple more pics, most of them goofy and most of them of him doing weird poses on the snow. It's dark but the photos are turning out amazing. 

"Okay, okay, one more?" He asked in between laughed. "One more!" I scowled but joined him. 

He counted down to three and I knew what I was going to do for my last pose. As he counted to one, I turned my head around to press a kiss on his cheek but was taken back by surprise when he did the same thing and our lips met. 

We remained still like that, both of us having shock plastered on our faces. I pulled away quickly as I grabbed the camera and took out the photo, not turning back to look at him. 

Once the photo was printed, I showed him and his lips curled up into a smile as he looked at it. "Mind if I keep it?" He asked and I nodded my head despite the fact that I would've loved to keep it. 

"Ehm- uh- let's go inside, it's freezing," I shivered and he nodded his head. He grabbed my hand and we walked back inside in silence but big smiles visible on both of our faces. 

-

EEEEEE I was waiting for this moment haha!

First of all, thank you guys so much for 6K omg <3

Second of all, these next couple of chapters may be longer because I'm going to squash a lot together. 

There will be a time jump somewhere in this book so if you want more Atlas, Theo and Blaise bits don't worry there will be PLENTY of them yet to come, hehe.

Thank you guys for reading so far though, I love you all :))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...
50.1K 1K 43
Elora Mentynn is not the typical witch that you know. For her whole life she was underestimated and betrayed. Her life has always been hard. She was...
196K 4.9K 63
She's ministry-famous Scabior's daughter. People knew her name- people knew Malfoy's. When they meet in the third year, her life at Hogwarts had onl...
42.7K 943 39
Annabelle Avery thought she was just your ordinary witch, studying at Beauxbaton's... But when she is transferred to Hogwarts, her world as she new i...