Adventures In Nekoma High ||...

By ssabinaayu

What you look at that, Himura Sara joined the team as the manager of the volleyball boys' team. I wonder, did... More

Chapter 1 : Himurran
Chapter 2 : First Love
Chapter 3 : The Chaos Begins
Chapters 4 : Toms and Mollies
Chapter 5 : Bushes
Chapter 6 : Strawberry Blonde
Chapter 7 : Laser Pointer
Chapter 8 : Sara-chan
Chapter 9 : Romance
Chapter 10 : Cats and Owls
Chapter 11 : Star and Tiger
Chapter 12 : Blue Heaven
Chapter 13 : Water Bottle
Chapter 14 : Sudden Surprise
Chapter 15 : Seventeen
Chapter 16 : Bullet
Chapter 17 : Crush
Chapter 18 : Foxes and a Cat
Chapter 19 : Train Station
Chapter 20 : Here Comes The Owls
Chapter 21 : Mollies and Hens
Chapter 22 : Comedy Gold
Chapter 23 : Kuroo's Demonic Hair
Chapter 24 : Ordinary
Chapter 25 : Sister's Video
Chapter 26 : Fire Flower
Chapter 27 : Apple and Pudding
Chapter 28 : An Awkward Duet
Chapter 29 : Girls Likes Girls
Chapter 30 : Watermelons
Chapter 31 : Crows vs Cats
Chapter 32 : 決戦スピリッツ
Chapter 33 : フラレガイガール
Chapter 34 : Summer of Evolution
Chapter 35 : BBQ
Chapter 36 : What Happened During the Trip
Chapter 37 : Obvious ♡
Chapter 38 : Magazine
Chapter 39 : Stupid With Love ♡
Chapter 40 : The Diddly Bops
Chapter 41 : Neko Stroll
Chapter 42 : Dog and Chestnut ♡
Chapter 43 : Catnip
Chapter 44 : Plant Kingdom
Chapter 45 : Ai-Ai Gasa ♡
Chapter 46 : Swell ♡
Chapter 47 : Love Spring ♡
Chapter 48 : Transported To Another World
Chapter 49 : Supernatural
Chapter 50 : Flashlight ♡
Chapter 52 : Be With You
Chapter 53 : Cotton Candy Skies ♡
Chapter 54 : A Trip Before The Fight
Chapter 55 : Cats of Kyoto
Chapter 56 : Double Trouble
Chapter 57 : Owls and Cats
Chapter 58 : Dancing Cats
Chapter 59 : Wildcats
Chapter 60 : Two Oruguitas ♥
Chapter 61 : Cheer like a Cheerleader
Chapter 62 : Sports Festival ①
Chapter 63 : Sports Festival ②
Chapter 64 : Sports Festival ③
Chapter 65 : One-Sided Love ♡
Chapter 66 : Cats on Ice
Chapter 67 : Invitation ♡
Chapter 68 : Them's The Break, Kid
Chapter 69 : Date ♥
Chapter 70 : The Start
Chapter 71 : Nationals
Chapter 72 : Day 1
Chapter 73 : Cats vs Monkeys
Chapter 74 : Banana Man
Chapter 75 : Never Meant To Know
Chapter 76 : Lose Knots
Chapter 77 : The End of a Battle
Chapter 78 : Two Wuv
Chapter 79 : Sisters

Chapter 51 : Sugar Songs to Bitter Step

11 1 0
By ssabinaayu

"Himura!" Hoshiko ran up to them only to make Taketora flustered and shy upon seeing her. "H-hello, H-Hoshi! N-n-nice weather we're having h-here." He stuttered.

Himura turned her attention towards the blonde and tilted her head. "Are you free later this weekend?" She asked and Himura shook her head. "Family business." Deflating her optimism, Hoshiko slouched and pouted as she watch the brunette walked away.

As both aces watch her walk away, a guy walked up to her, seemingly to know her. "Hey, Himura." She turned to him was a straight face. "I wanna return you're notes." He was trembling like he was scared of something, maybe her.

"H-here." He handed it to her as she just stayed quiet. "Oh God, I'm sorry!!" She watched him scurried away from her. Pulling out a can of soda and smirking, Himura found it hilarious. "Thanks, Yamada~"

Hoshiko and Taketora was still speechless. "Everybody does fear her!?" She pulled her hair. "This is hopeless for her to date now." She looked to Taketora for a little guidance and he only spoke, "The only way you get some guy to ask out Himura on a date..." She listened closer. "...is if you pay him."

"Pay him, like money?" She asked.

Himura threw the can into the trash bin, making everyone around her flinch.

Taketora nodded, "A lot of money."

~~~~~~

"What you say?!" Taketora shrieked.

"Come on, Yamamoto. None of us can't do it at ours." Kuroo whined and crossed his arms.

Taketora kept declining but the captain stood his decision and wanted to him to agree. "Well, ask the others then!" Kuroo will and walked to the club room. When he walked in, the first years were playing Kokkuri-san again, Kenma was playing games, Fukunaga and Himura doing their homework together, Kai and Yaku having a conversation. Kuroo told them about their business and they just agreed without implications.

"They agreed." Kuroo said plainly.

Taketora only got madder. "Ugh, fine. But my sister is usually home, so don't make any loud noises."

"Wait, what are we doing again?" Lev asked, finally remembering things. Too late, they already arrived at the Yamamoto household. "Jeez, Lev, didn't you heard Kuroo?" Yaku scolded and took off his shoes.

Taketora looked around and tiptoed his way to his room as the team followed normally. "Shush! You might not know what she could do!" Taketora said loudly. "Uh...Yamamoto, you're the one who's speaking loud here, not us." Kuroo pointed out and it got the ace flustered.

Akahana never been to any of her senpai's house, she only saw a few glimpses of Himura's house but not going inside. "Woah, you have a pretty tidy home, senpai." She complimented him and Taketora just gushed.

Walking to a certain room, Taketora mumbled along the way, concerning Kai. "Stop here." He said menacingly, but it didn't worked and it just got corny. "I'll be back." He opened the door a little and squeezed inside. While waiting, Himura looked around the hallway and found pictures of Taketora's childhoods and his sister. "Shit! Not that!" A wail peered through. "Is it just me or Taketora-san is cleaning his room." Inuoka said.

"Yamamoto, we don't have all day--" Kuroo opened the door harshly and stopped talking when he saw, Taketora cleaning up his messy room. "K-Kuroo-san--hey, what did I say?!" He stuttered and bashfully closed his closet.

The closet got Kuroo piqued and he walked up to it slowly, while Taketora was busy welcoming his friends.

Kuroo opened the door, his face was priceless.

"Yamamoto," Taketora turned to see what was his captain doing, until he froze.

Kuroo smirked and giggled maliciously. "You read these? Oh, look! There are five of them!" He was holding a magazine, with a girl in a bikini, and it seemed like an erotic magazine.

As the reveal came, most of the cats were in utter shock, especially the girls. "Senpai, you read..." Akahana tapped his shoulder. "A-Akahana-chan, i-it's not what you think!" Taketora stammered and tried to hide his dirty secret, his eyes shifted to Himura. The brunette was gesturing if someone has a lighter or a flamethrower. "Him-Himura, I assure you, this isn't mine!" He reassured her, but Kuroo was trouble, as so as Fukunaga. Kuroo showed the magazine to the maneki-neko's eyes, he just blushed and covered his eyes immediately. Fukunaga turned the magazine and showed, the magazine's front page was named by none other than the ace.

"Tora, you got some explaining to do." Yaku tightened his knuckles. "Taketora-san, you really read those?!" Lev and Inuoka said simultaneously. Shibayama and Teshiro's eyes were covered. Kai was reconsidering things. Kenma was disgusted. Akahana was checking her clothes. Himura held a lighter.

"DON'T BURN THEM, PLEASE!!"

~~~~~~

"I'm home."

Taketora flinched and rushed downstairs, the others looked at the guy weirdly and waited in his room. "Himurran, Fukunaga, go after him." The two ran out of them room as he finished the order. "Y'know you could do it yourself, Kuroo." Kai said. "Nah, they know him more than me. And I'm sort of tired of Yamamoto's weird bullshit."

Akane was talking to her brother, until two figures were behind him. She pointed at the two figures and he turned slowly, Taketora's eyes widened. "I'm Batman." Fukunaga greeted. "Whaddup, Akane-chan." Himura sent a peace sign to Akane.

"Why are Fukunaga-kun and Sara-chan here?" Akane asked. Taketora tried to explain to her but he struggled and Himura already took her in, walking the middle school student to her room. (With Akane's help of course).

Taketora facepalm and glares at Fukunaga, who was staring blankly.

"Right, so we're making...?" Taketora asked his captain.

Kuroo snapped his fingers, "Curry! We're going to make our own type of curry!"

"That's some bullshit, Kuroo-san!!" Taketora yelled.

Opening the fridge, Yaku found nothing but fresh fruit and milk. "Uh...Tora, when did your mom restock the fridge?" He asked, while scavenging for the ingredients. "Oh! Uh...we haven't restocked yet..."

"Akane, we're going to go grocery shopping. Want anything?" Taketora peeked into his sister's room.

Akane turned to him and walked over the door. "Maybe some piece and quiet."

"R-right, sorry..."

Walking back to the group, Taketora prepared the money as the same for the others. "Akane-chan is not coming?" Akahana asked, Taketora told her the reason and Lev pouted. "Aww, I really wanted her to come!" He whined. "You hit on my sister, I'll hit you."

At the market, Himura was tasked with buying the most important thing of making curry, the roux. She yawned and searcher the isle where usually the products where. 'Curry, curry, curry, curry--what's that smell?' Himura turned to the seafood area and walked over there to see, shrimp, big ones too. She licked her lips and tried to dig in but she got dragged back by Fukunaga.

"Roux." He scolded her by flicking her forehead and walked back to his task, which was getting the vegetables. He walked across the produce isle, until he stumbled upon the snacks. His eyes shimmered as the site of his favorite dried squid snack, hanging there. Fukunaga was about to lunge and buy the dried squid but he contained himself. But then he brought the thing, in case if they have enough money.

"Have you find any veggies?" Inuoka asked Shibayama. The short libero shook his head and searched some more. They knew they should've gone with Fukunaga, but that guy vanished out of thin air. "Maybe this is it?" Inuoka lifted up an tomato. "Inuoka-kun, tomatoes are fruits."

"They are?!"

Looking up to the high shelf, Yaku found his target. The sauce. Usually, curry doesn't need sauces, but Kuroo made this recipe up on the spot while brainstorming. He went on his tiptoes and reached his hand, even hopped. 'Almost got it!' His fingers almost toppled it. "Here you go." Lev gave it to him. "I could do it by myself, thank you!" Yaku scowled. "But...I was just helping." Lev said bluntly. Yaku turned his back and smiled at the first year, "But thanks, Lev."

Picking the meat there, Akahana watched as Kai picked the perfect meat?! With the cheapest price?! High-quality farm?! With low chance of dying of any sort of diseases?! Kai is a man of perfection!

"Senpai, how could you picked the best meat ever!" Akahana gawked.

Kai was confused by what she was implying. "I eat this all the time." He said. When Akahana looked at the price. 'It's 21.000 yen?!' Akahana screamed internally and realized, was most of her teammates rich?

"Where's Kuroo?" Kai asked.

Yaku sighed and looked around. "He's not here. Better not ditch us last minute." He grumbled.

"We're here." Kuroo and Taketora arrived at the counter, bringing a whole squid with them. "I thought we're making curry." Kenma said. "Yeah, it's for the curry."

"You're out of your mind!"

While walking back to Taketora's house, Akahana got a question. "Teshiro-kun, where were you with Kenma-senpai?" She asked. "We were just buying stuff that Kozume-san has listed."

"We also bought ramen, if the curry taste bad."

~~~~~~

Starting cooking, everyone put all of the ingredients on the counter and waited for Kuroo's command. "What now?" Lev asked. "We wait for Yamamoto." Kuroo said stoically, with his hands locked together and covering his mouth. "Huh? What happened to Taketora-san?" Inuoka chimed in. "He's..."

"I'm here." Taketora walked into the kitchen, red as a tomato, and embarrassed.

"...wearing a pink apron with kitties."

Everyone laughed hysterically and went to serious mode to start cooking. "So do any of you know how to cook curry from scratch?" Kuroo asked, forgetting that himself couldn't cook. Everyone shook their heads, but not the managers. "How about you two?" Kuroo put his attention to the managers. "I'm not allowed near the stove. I only make bento from the food my mom gave me." Akahana confessed. "Uh...Himurran, you can cook curry, right?" Himura shook her head and gestured something to Akahana. "She said she only can cook instant ramen."

"Everyone can cook instant ramen!?"

A hand slammed on the kitchen counter, it was Lev. "No worries! I've heard a saying by someone from a movie saying 'Anyone can cook!' " Everyone looked at the silver haired boy, they didn't know how to react. "Isn't that a quote from a Disney movie?" Kai asked. "Yeah..." Lev bashfully admitted. "And isn't that quote was from the rat movie?"

"Stop blowing my moment, okay!"

Akane walked downstairs to see what was going on, she peeked inside the kitchen to see the team was busy making the curry, but they were doing a poor job at it. The smell though, it was tasty. "Is the curry done?" She asked. Taketora turned swiftly and stuttered, "A-ah, n-no, just wait!"

While helping chopping the vegetables, Taketora noticed something odd in the corner. "Akane!? What are you still here?!" Akane explained she just wanted to watch and talk to Akahana or Himura, since there were no girls before them.

Looking totally petrified, Himura held a large knife close to her and backed away ever so slowly. She was tasked with cutting the squid. 'OK, Sara. It's dead now, you can cut it mercilessly. What if the ink--or the brain--do squids have brains?' She touched the mantel of it with that sharp knife and flinched profusely when it got to move by the blade. What made it so terrifying to her were the eyes. 'Do squids needs to have those kinds of eyes?! Why are they so creepy?! Much creepier than a carp!! Why is the smell so rancid too?!' Himura touched one of the tentacle with her finger and it moved a little, still it scared her.

A chopping noise peered as the squid was chopped in half, she turned to the person who threw the knife, it was Fukunaga. 'That guy is fucking psychotic!?'

Looking back to see the first years, most of them were doing good as Shibayama and Akahana were making the roux and Inuoka checking the spices. Lev meanwhile, "Lev!!" Taketora suddenly shouted, making the silver haired boy squeak. "Stop shoving carrots into your pockets!!!"

"Kenma! Himura! Don't just stand there and help!!" Taketora yelled.

Kenma just frowned and backed away from chopping the squid with Himura, both of them are afraid of the squid. "No, the squid is staring at me." Kenma said. "Well, just have to deal with it! You're gonna cook for yourself later!" The ace babbled. "Squid...scary...!" Himura uttered, suddenly, Taketora's demeanour changed to a charming one. "Mamori tai." (I will always protect you.) He said while shielding the girl. They aren't dating.

"That's the smartest thing I've heard from you, Tora." Yaku laughed by surprise.

"Sadly, I cannot write it in kanji."

"I--you what? You can't?"

"I CAN WRITE IT!" A sudden shout ruptured. They turned to see, Fukunaga?!

"What's this all of a sudden?" Taketora was so confused.

Fukunaga gestured, asking for paper but no one has it. "Ah, here!" Akane gave one sheet to him. "Please write it." Taketora was still confused. "Eh? Writing it for my sake?" The maneki-neko boy told Lev to be a table for him and tried to write "Mamori tai" in kanji. "Hey, Akane, you brought a pen and paper for my sake?" Akane nods. "What a good sister I have! So adorable! The best!"

Everyone gathered around Fukunaga and Lev, but he struggled to write with Lev as the table. "I see!" Taketora shouted out of context. "Aren't we in the middle of cooking right now--the squid is probably planning our deaths now--" Yaku cuts him off by laughing.

"What's wrong?" Kuroo asked. Fukunaga pushed Lev out of the way and gestured to Kai as the replacement. "Kai-san?!"

Kai squats for Fukunaga to write on him with the paper as Taketora still confused about what was happening. "Bro, that's your senpai for God's sake!"

Kai just smiled. '...I don't get paid enough for this...'

"Is this consensual?!" Taketora asked again.

"It's fine for me." Kai smiled peacefully again.

"Damn, Kai, you're so kind!" Kuroo laughed.

Fukunaga bowed at him. "Thank you for your sacrifice."

"Bro, move your hand it's blocking!"

"How's it? It's better and easier to write, right?" Yaku asked Fukunaga, apparently, he sounded like a salesman saying it.

"It's easier to write?!"

"Shut the fuck up, Yamamoto!"

"What do I do with my hands?" Kai asked.

"Bro, you're really to nice, Kai-san!" Taketora whined some more.

"I've finished!" Fukunaga showed his writing of "Mamori tai" in kanji high up.

This reminds me of something...oh yeah!

Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama

The sun risen from the sky, showing Inuoka's face as the sun.

Animals going to the pride rock.

The baboon, who has Fukunaga's face for some reason, walked to the edge of the rock, lifted the piece of paper with the words "Mamori tai."

~~~~~~

After much stalling and killing the squid successfully, they checked on Himura for the curry. The smell was stinky, the tentacles were popping out, the roux looks tasty, and the meat was chunky.

"It looks like my brother's shit." Himura told them in a monotone voice and showed the result.

"Now now, let's not give up. This will taste great." Kuroo was sure of his recipe.

"Thank you for the food."

They took a scoop and ate it.

"Y'know," Kai put his spoon down. "Yes, Kai?" The vice captain smiled, stood up. "Akane, where's the bathroom?" He asked. Akane told the directions and he walked peacefully there.

Yaku tried to hold his vomit and gulped down. "The squid..." He repeatedly contain the pain. "Kai, wait for me!"

"Shibayama, Tamahiko, let's go get the ramen." Inuoka covered his mouth from vomiting. "Yes, good idea."

As the third years came back from the toilet, Fukunaga and Himura sprinted there and vomited in the toilet.

Akahana rushed to get anything to wash off the taste.

Lev asked Akane for a cup of milk to wash it down.

Kuroo threw up in the trash bin.

Kenma just had to eat it, but he was suffering.

Taketora witnessed everything and drank a full four glass of water, even brushing his tongue with his second year friends still vomiting.

"Who wants ramen?"

"Me!"

The next day, the whole team got food poisoning.

What on earth did I wrote?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

579K 12.7K 38
You are a manager for the Karasuno the volleyball team, along with Kiyoko. When you met the captain of the Nekoma, Kuroo Tetsuro, at a practice game...
71.8K 2.6K 28
(Completed) She looked up " I'd like to think they are like stars, one has a purpose, or for a person. Each one will leave its mark, good or bad." Sh...
29.1K 656 16
As a volleyball lover, you joined Karasuno's volleyball team as their third manager. Soon enough, you follow them to the summer vacation training cam...
367K 12.3K 68
(Haikyuu x Reader x BSD) Status: Completed After leaving the Port Mafia, Y/n sticks with Dazai until they decide to let Y/n go to Jr. High. What will...