RAGE IN ROYALTY (BOOK 2 OF GU...

De Mikateko_Ngobeni

Royal rivalry Mais

Prologue
Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05
Episode 06
Episode 07
Episode 08
Episode 09
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Insert 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 62
Episode 63
Episode 64
Episode 65
Episode 66
Episode 67
Episode 68
Episode 70
Episode 71
Episode 72
Episode 73
Episode 74
Episode 75
Episode 76
Episode 77
Episode 78
Episode 79
Episode 80(Part I)
Episode 80(Part II)

Episode 69

3.2K 161 11
De Mikateko_Ngobeni

The blank morning after the day of the funeral eventually arrived. Manqoba ordered the helps to remove all the dishes around the table and close the door behind them - they did just that. Betso refused to be a part of the meeting where Gugu would be present.
"Ukuphi umfazi wakho?"(Where is your wife?), Bayede asked.
"She went to see her therap... she had something important to attend to", Manqoba replied and kept it going. Bayede shook his head in disapproval.
"I would like for this to be short futhi uqonde ngqo ephuzwin"(and straightforward), he said as he pulled his chair towards the table so he sits properly. Everyone nodded.
"Kodwa before siqale, let me say this: I believe sonke siyawenza amaphutha. Ngesinye isakhathi sisuke siwenza sithi mhlampe siyalungisa kanti siyamosha. I feel like akekho umzali, in fact akekho umama ongenza izinto ngenhloso yokukulethela iynhlungu as ingane yakhe"(Before we start, let me say this: I believe we all make mistakes. Sometimes we make them thinking we're doing good while we're actually doing the opposite. I feel like there's no parent, in fact there's no longer who'd do stuff with the intention of hurting their child)
Ears erected in attention as he went on. Evelyn was already in tears.
"Nathi, kahle kahle uyibhekisephi lendaba?"(Where is this going?) Bayede questioned with a curious frown on his face.
Manqoba calmly scratched the skin above his upper lip.
"I believe kukhona okuthile ofuna ukukukhipa esfubeni. Ma?"(I believe there is something you'd like to say ma?), he sent his eyes straight to Evelyn. Muzi pinched his brows.
Evelyn cleared her throat and blew out the snort that was blocking her nose onto her pocket tissue.
"Speak woman", Sizwe was getting impatient.
"There's really no easier way to say. Son, I'm really sorry", her voice was breaking.
"Sorry for what ma? What's going on?", Muzi asked in a sedated manner, sitting across her. She pulled out more plys and blew her reddened nose.
"I... I knew about your wife's affair", she mentioned and eyes widened.
"Affair?", Bayede poked right into the anus of the elephant in the room.
"I don't understand. You mean the Gugu and Bheki saga?", Muzi asked and Gugu almost choked on her apple juice. Evelyn nodded. Bayede wore a defeated look on his face and fell back on his chair.
"But that's old news. Is there really a need for us to even have an entire meeting over this? We just buried Mxo. I'd appreciate if you didn't waste my time", Muzi said from a place of irritation and stood up, wanting to walk away.
"No wait! There's more...", Evelyn tried to stop him. He turned back and looked at her with anticipation.
"Sit down bafo"- Manqoba. Muzi sighed impatiently but did as requested.
"I did not tell you because I knew how you'd react. If I did, that would've been me destroying the family"
"Are we getting any closer to the point?", Muzi asked.
"My great grandfather once had a wife. The wife was said to be the one who was going to bear him a prince, who was later going to become king"
Everyone was still listening attentively.
"Apparently, when the wife was pregnant, she cheated on him and out of anger, he impregnated another lady of royal blood", she continued telling the story with no interruptions.
"The lady's son went on to become king instead of the first one. That lady was my grandmother and that king was my father. The ancestors went back on their word because the first queen's cheating ways". She was still narrating when everyone was trying to make sense of where exactly she was heading with this.
"Niyamkhumbula u Lilitha?"(Do you remember Lilitha?), she asked Muzikayise and Manqoba. Manqoba nodded. Muzi was confused.
"Princess Lilitha. The one whose dad bought ma's land", Manqoba tried to jog Muzi's memory. He seemed to remember.
"Well. I didn't exactly 'sell' that land. I gave it to her father in exchange for her"
"In exchange for what ma? Please make sense"-Muzi
"I was acting out of anger most of that time. I felt like uGugulethu wasn't suitable to be a chief mother so I drugged you. I drugged you the time she went to see her family and I brought Lilitha here. I wanted her to fall pregnant before uMadlamini since bab'Ngema had declared that..."
Evelyn was now falling apart.
"Gogo you hated me before you even met me?!", Melokuhle shot out.
"No baby this wasn't about you please--", she tried to explain. He had none of it. He stormed out before Gugu could stop him.
Muzi was beginning to boil. He had his eyes riveted on the table top.
"Go on...", he said.
"I made her sleep with you so she could fall pregnant...", she proceeded with her confession and jaws were dropping low.
"Evelyn...", Gugu was in utter disbelief. Evelyn was a crying wet mess. "Is that... is that why you couldn't wait to tell me that Betso was actually the first one while I was heavily pregnant? I could've easilt had a miscarriage"
Evelyn couldn't answer, nor lead her eyes in Muzikayise's direction. He was fuming.
"Did she fall pregnant?", Muzi asked in a tone that suggested tombstones and amagugu. Evelyn nodded.
"Where is that child?"
"EMlindangwenya", she answered.
"That near?!", Muzi exclaimed. "You've got to be kidding me"
Everyone around that table was pulling as many scattered puzzle pieces towards themselves.
"You're not done", Manqoba prodded. Evelyn blew her nose once again. Thando was just staring at her mother, eyes filled with disgust.
"There's more?", Muzi gasped.
"I received signs - warnings. You've always been a special child Muzikayise and I took that for granted. They wanted me to bring your son home but I stalled... I was afraid. I was afraid of how you'd react. Mxolisi died on the day I was ready to confess"
"Haa!!", Aunt Sizakele went berserk, along with Olwethu.
"Ma? Yaz ngizokubulala? Ngizok'bulala ma uyakwaz loko?!"(Mom do you know that I'm going to kill you? I'm going to kill you, do you know that?!) Muzi was already charging towards her.
"Muzi no!"-Thando
"Bafo ngiyak'cela!"-Manqoba
Evelyn fell off her chair before she could run. Manqoba, Thando and bab'Sizwe held him back. He was ready to slice her with his hands.
"Please calm down", Thando was in tears. Lwandile was crying uncontrollably.
"You killed him!!! You killed my son and you claim to love me?! How dare you ngempela?!"
The doors went open. Betso stepped in. Everyone went silent. Muzi yanked his arms out of the two pair of hands and left the room, after a heart piercing "NXN!"
Betso tried to speak but he walked past her like hot wind.
"What's going on Thando? Why is Muzi saying Evelyn killed Mxo?", Betso asked. Her eyes fell on Lwandile who had his face against his arms on the table. She brushed his back but kept her expectant hers on her sister-in-law. Thando's eyes lingered around.

...

After storming out of that meeting, Melo made his way to the upset girlfriend's house. She refused to take his calls ever since the day she saw him with another girl. He continued calling as he parked outside the yard, under a tree. He couldn't see what was happening inside since they had high fencing. His impatience was running thin. He even sent texts, threatening that if she doesn't come out he'll be the one to go in. She never replied to those not did she do as threatened. He waited in the car for an entire 45 minutes till another car came by. He ended up sleeping against the steering wheel. Khanyi's mother parked in front of the gate and went over to knock on his window. He got a small fright but shortly composed himself.
"Hi. Are you okay? Hawu... Melokuhle? Unjan mfan' wami? I'm so sorry about your brother my boy. Alwehlanga lungehlanga"(My condolences), she rambled before he could even open the door. He eventually did and rubbed his eyes. She insisted on a hug. He didn't disappoint her. He accepted the condolences and there was a bit of awkward silence.
"So, why are you sleeping in a car outside of my yard?", she questioned with a smile. The house opposite theirs had no one living in it. He rubbed the back of his neck.
"Mmm. Ufunana no Khanyi angithi?"(You're looking for Khanyisile isn't it?), she laughed with her finger pointed out. He laughed shyly as well.
"Umphule inhliziyo net kanye nje, uzongazi"(Break her heart just once, you will know me), she threatened and he laughed nervously.
"I won't ma", he assured. She thinned her eyes and gave him a suspicious smile.
"I'll go call her. BUT make sure that ubab'wakhe doesn't come back and find you here because kuzonuka umsunu", she gave him a tip and she laughed at how she phrased it all. She exuded 'cool mom' vibes. She walked away in a golfer t-shirt that looked like it belonged to her husband and denim shorts,which weren't short at all. He sat in the car with his legs out and waited. He was trying his level best not to think about what went down at that table back at his house. Khanyi later approached, looking like someone who was recently pulled out of sleep. If somebody would describe her hair as a mess, they'd be doing an injustice to the Description Board of South Africa.
"Ufunani Melokuhle?"(What do you want?) , she questioned with no ounce of regret. He got out of the car and stood in front of her under the shade.
"Why ungaygqokile iycathulo? Kuyashisa laphansi"(Why are you not wearing any shoes? It's hot on the ground), he softly asked before taking both her hands into his. She was ready to fight but the calm aura around him and his voice defeated her. He insisted on looking her in the eye, remorseful.
"Now you care about me?", she interrogated as she looked away.
"I've never stopped caring about you sthandwasami", he said and tucked his lower lip slightly in between his teeth.
"Who is she?"
"Who? Zamo?"
"Arg ungangenzi isdomu the girl you were with that day!"(Don't treat me like a fool)
"Her name is Zamo and I don't understand why we're fighting over her ngokwe qiniso"
"I saw you with her!"
"And then? What exactly did you see that has you this messed up? Entlik hlala phansi sikhulume"(Sit down so we can talk), he wore a baffled look on his face and got her to sit on the driver's seat. He went down in a squat outside the car and sat in between her legs.
"Tell me why you're so mad my love because I genuinely do not understand"
She went quiet. He could see she was hurt. He hated that sight.
"Khanyi? Baby?"
"Hm?"
"I miss your smile and cute giggles. Please don't do this to me?"
She chuckled unintentionally.
"Don't make me laugh Melo I don't want to"
His hand went around her waist as he looked at her.
"What do you want to?"
"I want to break up with you", she kept a serious face.
"Cel' umkhombe lomuntu othe ngizokuvumela ukwenze loko?"(Please point at the person who lied to you and said I'm gonna allow you to do that?)
Khanyi laughed.
"Uzomenzan?"(What are you gonna do to them?)
"Ngizom'tshengisa ukuthi umekthiwa Makhosonke ksuke kkhlunywa ngenja engenalo uzwelo. Yayaz ipit bull?"(I'm gonna show them that whenever the name Makhosonke is mentioned they should know that it's a merciless pitbull that's being spoken about), he stated with a twitching smile and she laughed.
"Hayi Melo I'm serious"
"Ayikho lento esihlukanisayo and futhi angithandi umuz'hlanyisa. You just saw me simply talking to a girl and now you're in your feelings. Did you see me kissing or doing anything snax to her?"(You have no reason to break up with me and I don't like it when you act crazy over nothing)
She sulked and looked away.
"No ngibheke. Did you?"(Look at me)
She shook her head.
"Manje?"(So?)
"Ngiysaba mina Melokuhle"(I'm afraid), she confessed in a vulnerable tone.
"Usabani?"(What are you afraid of?), he said in almost a gentle whisper.
"That you're going to break my heart..."
"I might ngoba ngiwu muntu nami ngiyawenza amaphutha kodwa ngiyak'thanda baby syazwan? That's one thing I don't want you to doubt. Ngiyak'thanda Khanyi"(...because I am human and humans make mistakes but I love are we clear?), he pleaded for her understanding but saw how skeptical she was. He stood up and went in for a kiss. She was also doubtful about that but she eventually gave in.
" K'thanda...", he whispered when they broke the kiss and kissed her forehead. She looked down and smiled. She was still not convinced.
"You don't trust me?", he asked. She insisted on looking away.
"Let me prove it then..."--Melo
"How?"
"I'm gonna keep it a surprise for now. Wena vuma nje ukuthi isoka lakho lize likulande namhlanje ebsuku?"(Just give your boyfriend the permission to come and fetch you tonigh)
She sighed.
"Uyavuma?"(Do you agree?), he kissed her once more. He kissed her till she smiled.
"Hm?", he was insistent. She nodded in agreement.

...

After Lwandile snitched on his grandmother, Betso also wanted to have a piece of her. Gugu had to hold her back. Manqoba stood in front of Betso, begging her to calm down. She was kicking the air, ready to stomp on Evelyn's head. The throw she had around her shoulders was now off and covering Gugu's head. Her rage eventually died down when she broke down in tears.
"Evelyn how could you? How could youuuuu???!", she was crying and yelling at the same time. Evelyn kept voicing multiple 'I'm sorry's. Thando grabbed her car keys and left.
"Where are you going?", Sandile asked.
"This family is messed up. A true definition of not all that glitters is gold. Yoh royalty my foot", she answered before continuing to march up the stairs. Gugu let Betso sit on the couch when she was sure she wasn't going to hurt anybody. She wiped her tears and stood up a minute later, everyone was ready to block her from reaching Evelyn.
"Lwandile, go pack your bag. I'll be back and geke bowa mo kego hwetse o feditse, crystal?"
"Clear"-Lwa
She instructed before heading up to go take Muzikayise's car keys - who only hell knew where he had disappeared to. She later came back down and went straight out of the house. She called Melokuhle on the way.
"Ma?", he answered. "Wait are you okay?"
"I need directions to Ndalo's house", she went straight to the point. She was waiting for the funeral to pass and the cleansing to occur before she could go to her. Melo asked where she was and she told him. He told her to make a U-turn and go back so he could direct her properly. She eventually arrived and parked outside. She had to drink some water so she calms herself down. She was calling Muzi non-top to no result. She played with her wedding ring, pulling it back and forth and turning it sideways as she floated in her thoughts. She eventually stepped out of the car and fixed herself.

"Knock knock", she alerted of her presence. The smell of gravy cooking somewhere in the house welcomed her. Ndalo approached and she was stunned.
"Hello ma", she had nothing else to say. She was in fact nervous. Betso smiled in adoration as she stood by the doorstep.
"You're glowing. Suwubona", she finally greeted. Ndalo immediately went shy and looked to the floor. She had a wooden spoon in her hand.
"Please come in", she said and Betso stepped in. She led her to the couch.
"Where is your mother?", Betso asked as she placed her phone and car keys down next to her on the couch.
"She's still out at the moment", Ndalo reported as she turned the stove off. She walked out of the kitchen and went to sit on the couch next to Betso's.
Betso studied her with a consistent smile on her face until Ndalo had no where to look.
"How are you?", Betso finally asked. Ndalo pursed her lips and shrugged. The matter was still so volatile and sensitive to her. It took almost nothing to make her cry.
"Come sit here...", Betso patted the next seat on her couch. Ndalo did not argue. She placed her on her thighs and Ndalo fell apart. Betso also wanted to cry but she felt it would help nothing. She kept brushing her head and assuring her that it was okay to cry. That moment reminded her of when she first came to the royal house and had Evelyn comforting her, in the same position by the golf course. It took almost half and hour for Ndalo's hiccups to stop and her tears to dry. She just laid there with her hands hanging as Betso brushed her back.
"I also feel helpless. Like there's something I can do to bring him back just as I brought him to this cruel earth... but I just don't know what it is and it hurts me that I'm not doing it", Betso said and wiped the falling tear on her cheek.
"I don't think it will ever stop hurting...", Ndalo said.
"You're so young to be going through all of this in all honesty. So so young"
Ndalo kept quiet.
"I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you sooner than this. I couldn't come and I also couldn't bring myself to pick up the phone"- Betso.
"It's okay", Ndalo said.
"But, I was expecting to see your mother at the funeral...?"
Ndalo went quiet once more.
"Buhle?", Betso prodded.
"Hm?"
"Is she being supportive?"
Ndalo hesitated before saying yes.
"Yeah she is"
Betso brought her up by her shoulders.
"You're not a very good liar. What is going on?", she interrogated. Ndalo didn't know where to start. She also would've preferred not talking about it however, she felt she needed to vent.
"Buhlebendalo, what is going on?", Betso reiterated.
"She said I got what I deserved from not listening to and going against my elders' teachings"
Betso's jaw dropped as her heart cracked.
"What?"
Ndalo nodded sadly.
"She really said that?"
Ndalo nodded again.
"Nihleba ngami?"(Gossiping about me?), a voice rose from behind the couch. They both turned to see her and she placed both grocery bags she had in her hands down and exhaled from exhaustion, with no care in the world. Betso stood up and gave her a polite greeting. She just gave a nonchalant "Mmm". Betso could not understand why she was being rude. She could hear the mini her that lives in her head clapping once. She sighed and relinquished all the niceties.
"I'm actually here to ask you if Ndalo can visit me for the whole of December holidays, after she's done with her exams", she made her request.
"Akayi ndawo uNdalo"(Ndalo is not going anywhere), she snubbed Betso off. Betso let out a slight gasp of disbelief. It took her a moment to reply.
"And you call yourself a praying woman? I would suggest you guard your words and watch who you're talking to", she warned. She'd never flaunted her power as a royal wife before. It actually felt weird doing it but she felt it needed to be done. Nomcebo knew exactly what she meant. She'd find herself looking for a stand in some village elsewhere if she placed another foot wrong. The look in Betso's eyes suggested that. Nomcebo cleared her throat and picked up her plastic bags.
"Mthathe"(Take her), she said and left for the kitchen. Betso began calculating if she wouldn't abuse Ndalo once she left her there...

UNEDITED

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

74 9 6
In the intricate dance of fate, Princess Amina finds herself drawn to a mysterious stranger, unaware of the secret he guards. With each encounter, th...