In His Shadow (Draco Malfoy X...

By SCDUnknown16

MOVED --> IS NOW STARTING A REBOOT UNDER THE NAME "Forced into His Shadow" READ THERE! Everyone has heard... More

Heyy Soo...
Chapter One - Her Awakening
Chapter Two - Wait, What's Quidditch Again?
Chapter Three - Oh My Gods, I Hated That
Chapter Four: No Need For An Explanation
Chapter 5: Wow, Didn't Think You'd Lie
Chapter 6: God Dammit Potter
Chapter 7: Ugh, Can't Have Any Fun
Chapter 8: Well, That's Not Good
Chapter 9: You Forgot Me
Chapter 10: Sorry If I Throw Up On You
Chapter 11: All Eyes On Me
Chapter 12: Will You Model For Me?
Chapter 13: The Angel Said Yes
Chapter 14: My Head Hurts
Chapter 15: Thank You So Much!
Chapter 16: Wait what?
Chapter 17: Please Sign This
Chapter 18: What Do You Want?
Chapter 19: Why Is Everyone So Mean?
Chapter 20: I Don't Know...
Chapter 21: Oh...Okay...
Chapter 22: Have I Done Something Wrong?
Chapter 23: Today's A New Day
Chapter 24: Under The Stars With You
Chapter 25: Let's Have Some Fun
Chapter 26: I'm Sorry
Chapter 27: I'm Not Lying
Chapter 28: It's Like The World Is Spinning
Chapter 29: You Know This Stuff, Right?
Chapter 31: The Yule Ball
Chapter 32: Oh Fuck Off
Chapter 33: I Just Want To Talk
Chapter 34: I Understand
Chapter 35: OH MY GOSH
Chapter 36: Harry Slow Down
Chapter 37: What The Hell Are You Up To
Chapter 38: No No No Please No
Chapter 39: Told You Fuckers
Chapter 40: Okay, Yeah
Chapter 41: So That Happened
Chapter 42: Get Your Hands Off Him
Chapter 43: Here
Chapter 44: Oops My Bad
Chapter 45: Take Your Time
Chapter 46: I Can't Wait To See You Again
Chapter 47: I'm Sorry...I Think
Chapter 48: That Fucker
Chapter 49: I Hate This Lady
Chapter 50: Wake Up
Chapter 51: Huh. Fun
Chapter 52: Stop...Please
Chapter 53: FUCK YEAH
Chapter 54: Heh, Knew It
Chapter 55: Practice Time
Chapter 56: Look, I Tried
Chapter 57: You Don't Mean That...
Chapter 58: The First Date
Chapter 59: Okay
Chapter 60: I'm Not Soft
Chapter 61: Are You Sure?
Chapter 62: I Should Stop
Chapter 63: Will You Shut The Fuck Up
Chapter 64: And You Think You're Valid Why?
Chapter 65: I Like Scarves
Chapter 66: This Isn't How It Was Supposed To Go
Chapter 67: How Did You Do That?
Chapter 68: Well, Thank You Darling
Chapter 69: Don't Judge Me
Chapter 70: His Sweater
Chapter 71: Oh My Gods
Chapter 72: It's Lovely To Meet You
Chapter 73: Just Say It, Harry
Chapter 74: Monster
Chapter 75: Don't Say Bad Words
Chapter 76: Effie, Of Course (Short Chapter & Announcement At The End)
Chapter 77: Yes, Ma'am!
Chapter 78: I'm Proud of You
Sorry This Is Not An Update - Please Read Though
Chapter 79: I'll Kill Him
Chapter 80: Why I Like Him
Chapter 81: I'll Try My Best
Chapter 82: What The Fuck?
Chapter 83: I Want You
Important Announcement!
The Sparkle in Your Eye: Part One?
The Sparkle in Your Eye: Part Two
I'm Back - Unexpectedly
Chapter 84: Are You Kidding??
Chapter 85: The Battle of the Ministry Part One
Not An Update: But Please Read!

Chapter 30: Just Keep Smiling

1.1K 32 43
By SCDUnknown16

Epona's POV:

I woke up to my alarm, which I had set earlier than everyone elses, and got dressed. I put my sleeves all the way down, and put a sweatshirt on over top. Even though the cuts were further up my arm, I still want to be careful. It had been a few days since the Yule Ball was announced, and each day I get less and less interested.

But Phineas seemed to be excited about it, and wouldn't stop talking about what fun it was going to be and how we would be together. It was getting annoying.

"I never said I'd be your partner. So will you please shut up!" I snapped, instantly regretting it. 

It was Slytherin and Ravenclaw in class together, and the whole room went dead silent. The teacher had left for a moment, and Phineas looked at me appalled.

"Excuse me?" He growled.

August had grabbed my hand and gave it a  squeeze. I knew he meant it as comforting, and it  was, but I was just mad.

I stood up, "You heard me. I never heard you ask me to the Ball. You just said we were going." I glared at him.

Phineas stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "Oh yeah? Who else is going to go with you? If you're thinking Malfoy, he already got asked. And he said yes." 

He said the second part louder, so everyone else could hear. I made eye contact with Draco and he gulped. I felt my heart plummet. I took a deep breath.

"Who says I need a partner? I'll show up alone, and I'll fucking rock it." I tapped his shoulder, "Sorry, but you'd ruin my image." 

I walked out of the classroom, and fear engulfed me. What the fuck had I just done? I really am an asshole. What if he breaks up with me? I-I don't want him to break up with me. I slid down the wall hugging my knees. Class was dismissed and Phineas just glared at me as he walked by. If looks could kill, I'd be dead on the ground.

But someone stopped in front of me. Draco Malfoy.

"Are you okay?" He asked, and I stood up, wiping tears from my eyes.

"How about you just worry about yourself and your partner, Draco." I snarled.

He looked hurt, "I just thought you were going with Phineas..." 

I scoffed, "Well I don't seem to have a choice, do I? At least he wants to be with me." I pushed past him.

"What about our study lesson?" He asked, reaching out for me.

"Consider it cancelled."

I didn't talk to anyone for the rest of the day. Night came and I kept texting Phineas about how sorry I was, but he didn't respond. He just left me on read. God damn it. I felt more tears fall down my face. I wiped at them. I'm a stupid crybaby. A stupid, selfish, asshole crybaby. 

So I picked up the metal, and did it again.

Then my phone chimed. For a moment I had hope that it was Phineas. But it quickly faded as I saw it was just Hermione. I sighed, putting my phone down on the bed.

It would be rude of me to not answer. I sighed again and picked it up. I read the text aloud.

"Hey, Effie, I was just wondering if you were making dresses for the Yule Ball? I have a date, who'll I'll tell you all about, and I was wondering if you could make me something. I really do hope I'm not too late." I felt a shred of happiness flow throw me, and I replied.

She wants me to make her a dress...I didn't think anyone would. Maybe she's just pitying me... Either way, I'll make her the perfect dress.

I woke up the next day, excited as ever and got dressed quickly. I almost ran out of the Slytherin dormitories and to the Ravenclaw tower. Hermione said she would meet me there, and August would let us in.

When I arrived, she wasn't there. A sick feeling came to my stomach. Did she forget? Or was she just messing with me? Gosh I'm so stupid. Why would anyone want a clothing item from me-

My thoughts were cut off, "Golly, sorry I'm late. Harry and Ron wouldn't leave me alone." Hermione smiled.

That warm feeling was there a second more. I texted August and he let us in. For the first bit, I had talked to Hermione about what type of skin she had, and how that would fit with certain colors. To go along with that, colors can also reflect your personality, if done correctly. Then came for sizing. Because Hermione didn't know about August being gay, he left the room when I had to size her.

"So, who are you going to the ball with?" I asked as I wrapped the tape around her shoulders.

She sighed, "Viktor Krum." 

Although she was smiling, there was something in the way she said it that was off, "You don't sound too happy about it."

"I am, don't get me wrong. He seems kind enough, and I'm grateful he asked me, of all people. But...." She looked down.

"He's not who you wanted, is he?" I asked, even though I knew the answer.

"No. That stupid boy, both of them really, were too focused on getting the prettiest girl in school to be his date, he completely ignored every sign I threw at him!" She threw her arms up in the air, and I continued to measure her.

"Yeah. I mean, Ron's stupid, but I don't think he meant it in a mean way." She scoffed, "Hey, I know you're upset. But, maybe he'll see his mistakes one day, and he'll come crawling back to you. After all, before this whole ball thing, I saw the way he looked at you." I winked, and I could've sworn her energy completely changed.

"Really? He'll look at me in class, but when the time comes to do anything, he chickens out or forgets." She sighed again.

"Hermione, if there's one thing I've learned by now, it's that boys are dumb as rocks when it comes to this. I think unless you come out and say it directly to them, they'll be oblivious to it."

Hermione laughed, "Ginny said something similar. You two would get along. I'm surprised you don't talk more often."

"Yeah, well, I've been busy lately. But hey, I'll try and stop by and we can hang out. I might not be able to since Phineas doesn't like me being around people for too long..." I mumbled the last part.

She doesn't need to know that.

Hermione looked at me worriedly, "I might not be the best at social interaction, but I know when somethings up. Effie, you haven't been the same since you started dating Phineas. You don't seem happy like you say you are; you just seem sad."

She reached out and touched my hand. I just gave her a smile, "I'm perfectly fine, " I put one hand behind my back and crossed my fingers, "I promise."

I quickly changed the subject, "Anyways, I've got your measurements all down. Now I'll just start the sketch, and your dress will be done by Christmas eve, if not, it'll surely be done by Christmas morning."

I smiled, and started to work as soon as we parted ways. She asked if I wanted company, but I told her I didn't want to ruin the surprise. That was half true. The other reason was because Phineas had finally responded to me, and he wanted to be on the phone with me as soon as I was alone and tell him everything I had been doing that last few days.

I had awoken to someone shaking my shoulder gently. I flung my body upwards, and turned to look at who it was. It was August. How did he get in my dorm...? I looked around, seeing I was in fact sitting at a desk in the Ravenclaw common room, and had drooled on my sketch book.

"Oh gosh..." I yawned, "I'm so sorry, I must've fell asleep."

"No worries. I just noticed that you were still here, and working on the dress for Miss Granger. It looks fantastic, by the way." He smiled, then whispered into my ear, "All the Ravenclaw girls are jealous." 

We both laugh quietly as a group of girls walked by whispering and had complimented me on the dress.

Then August smiled again, "You do know that it's Christmas, right?" I felt my eyes widen and I slammed my head on the desk.

"Hey, don't worry." He patted my back, "A friend of mine owed me a favor, so I asked him to bring all of your presents right here, before you woke up."

I raised an eyebrow, "What friend?"

He held up his hands, "Client Confidentiality."

I laughed a bit. I wiped the drool off of my face, and opened presents. I had a present from each of my friends. Harry, Ron, Hermione, even Ginny who I've only talked to a couple of times, the Weasley twins, August, and an unnamed one. Oh, and a sweater from Mrs. Weasley.

I loved all of my presents, but I saved the unnamed one for last. It was a tiny box, with only a little ribbon for decoration. August watched me as I opened it, and a hand went up to my mouth.

They were silver earrings vine type earrings, with tear drop shaped rubies. My birthstone. I looked everywhere for a name, a clue to who could have sent it, but there was nothing. Only the box, the earrings, and the green and red ribbon.

August examined the earrings, "Holy shirt, Effie. That's actual ruby and silver. And with how much of it is there, that's at least seven hundred pounds!" 

"I-I don't deserve these..." I felt tears roll down my cheeks and August wiped them away.

"Yes you do. And you're going to wear them tonight, and look absolutely stunning." He smiled and hugged me. I hugged him back.

Why would someone spend so much money on me?

Who would spend so much money on me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone, I figured after last episode you guys would need a happier one, and even though some parts were less than enjoyable, I hope the ending made you smile at least a little bit.

I hope your all having a wonderful day and night, and if I don't update tomorrow, I wish you all a Happy New Year, cause fuck 2020.

Pardon my bad language-

Until Next Time, Byeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 5.2K 31
[WARNING! THE STORY CONTAINS TOPICS LIKE SELF-HARM & EATING DISORDERS] It wasn't funny. It wasn't funny that half of Hogwarts thought, Draco Malfoy h...
975K 30.6K 61
ใ€Š c o m p l e t e d ใ€‹ One late afternoon, after plotting with Pansy, Hermione and Ron decided to steal Harry's phone and change most of his contacts'...
145 0 29
'ha she won't last a-' 'mother fucker. I'll kill you in your sleep. don't try me' Avery Potter, the girl who lived, yet did she get any attention? an...
390 57 14
Aurelia Potter finds herself torn between love and duty. As the twin sister of the famed Harry Potter, she navigates a complex web of relationships...