the siphon | h. potter

By sagittary

"with great power comes great responsibility"... at least that's what those silly muggle comics said. being... More

THE SIPHON
~prologue~
PART ONE
~one~
~two~
~three~
~four~
~five~
~six~
~seven~
~eight~
~ten~
~eleven~
~twelve~
~thirteen~
~fourteen~
~fifteen~
~sixteen~
~seventeen~
~eighteen~
PART TWO
~nineteen~
~twenty~
~twenty one~
~twenty two~
~twenty three~
~twenty four~
~twenty five~
~twenty six~
~twenty seven~

~nine~

2.5K 106 64
By sagittary

harry

For the rest of the week the Azkaban breakout was all anyone talked about. Students were carrying the Prophet around everywhere they went and shared their crazy theories. Unexpectedly, there were some positives to the situation. Fudge's crazy story about the escape made Harry's seem less outlandish. Seamus even publicly apologized to Harry and admitted he was wrong. Things were actually going ok for a change.

Harry's luck continued on Friday. He was exiting the Great Hall after dinner with Cass and Ron when Cass emergered between himself and Ron, placing her arms around the boys' shoulders. "This has been the longest week of my life," she groaned.

"Tell me about it," Harry agreed.

"So, how do you lot plan on celebrating the beginning of this great weekend?" Harry looked over at Ron and they shared a moment of confusion before Cass continued. "Oh come on, please tell me someone is throwing a party." Harry didn't answer and Cass looked at him astounded. "Well, what do you normally do on a Friday night?"

"Well we usually just hang out in the common room and watch Fred and George do stupid things," Ron admitted.

"Oh my god, you lot are in serious need of a fun time... Good thing for you I met a Ravenclaw yesterday who needs someone to take a few bottles of Firewhiskey off his hands," Cass smirked.

"You've been here less than a week and you've already found yourself a dealer?" Ron asked in disbelief.

"Absobloodylutely, unlike you two prats I have my priorities straight."

"You're crazy Cass, you know that?" Harry grinned.

"No I'm just fun," she joked. "Now, Ron I want you to go to the kitchens and get a bunch of junk food. Enlist the twins if you need to. Harry, you're coming with me to go and find Rodger -he shouldn't be too far- and we'll meet back in the common room." Cass ordered.

"Ok..." Harry said unsurely. Cass smiled back then pulled him through the halls to find Rodger Davies. He didn't ask how she knew him because he wasn't sure that he'd like the answer. Rodger was one of the biggest playboys in school.

Harry and Cass didn't have to look for too long, they nearly ran into him as he wondered out of a bathroom they were passing. He was with another Ravenclaw. If their eyes didn't give away their intoxication, the lingering smell of weed certainly did.

"Hey Rodger," Cass greeted. He simply raised his hand to say hello. Harry struggled to appear normal as he watched Cass put on her most flirtatious smile and began playing with her hair.

"Cassandra, hey," Rodger smiled completely ignoring Harry, "This is my good mate Ashton," he introduced pointing to his friend. Harry had never met Ashton before, but he was rarely seen without Rodger. Between the two of them they had probably dated half of the upper class.

"Good to meet you," she smiled.

"Pleasure's all mine love," Ashton purred. Harry wanted to knock his teeth out. Instead he pushed his hands into his pockets and took a few deep breaths.

Cassandra jokingly rolled her eyes and turned back to Rodger. "So, can you still get me that Firewhiskey."

"Of course," he grinned then began to straighten his tie, "come with me."

As the three were walking to Ravenclaw tower Rodger turned back to Harry, "Didn't figure you as much of a partier, Potter."

"Well, suprise," Harry said sarcastically. Rodger didn't talk to Harry the rest of the trip.

After what seemed like forever, the group reached the top of Ravenclaw tower. Harry and Cass waited outside the portrait while Rodger went inside to grab the alcohol. After a few minutes, he came back out with a brown backpack.

"It's enchanted, I put in six bottles. Just return the bag whenever." He began to hand the bag to Cass, but Harry grabbed it and swung it over her shoulder.

"Pleasure doing business with you," Cass smirked. She then dropped two galleons into Rodger's hands. Seeing Cass pay for the alcohol extremely bothered Harry. He tried to object, but Cass ignored him and grabbed his arm before walking back to the common room.

When Harry and Cass emerged through the portrait hole, the room was bursting with people. They found Ron sitting with Hermione and the twins at a table in the back corner.

Harry shifted the bag of Firewhiskey to his other shoulder. Rodger's enchantment wasn't that great. The bag stretched to fit the bottles, but Harry could still feel the weight of them digging into his shoulder.

"Harry's got the Firewhiskey, I say we meet in Harry and Ron's dorm in thirty minutes," Cass looked over to Harry for confirmation and he gave her a nod, she continued, "someone should probably find Dean, Seamus, and Neville and invite them considering we'll be in their dorm."

The group then went their separate ways. Cassandra and Hermione climbed to the girl's dormitories while Harry, Ron, and the twins climbed the other staircase to theirs. When Harry and Ron entered their dorm, they conveniently found Dean and Seamus inside. After telling them about their plan, Dean and Seamus eagerly began cleaning the room in preparation.

Harry couldn't find Neville so he instead placed the bag on his bed and began to change. He undressed and stood in front of his bureau. Suddenly all of his clothes were terrible. After struggling for a few minutes, Harry gave up and put on a pair a grey sweatpants and an old t-shirt.

In perfect timing, there was a knock at the door and Dean went over to open it. Waiting outside was Hermione, Cass, and the twins. Harry was once again left speechless from Cass's presence. She was dressed in a brilliant pair of very short shorts and a t-shirt so big it looked like it could fit him. Her hair was pulled back loosley in a ponytail that framed her face perfectly.

Harry didn't realize how long he had been staring until Cass walked up to him and grabbed the bag on his bed. "I think a game of Never Have I Ever is a good way to start this little party," she grinned and pulled out a bottle of Firewhiskey.

Everyone began choosing seats in a circle on the floor. Harry sat down between Cass and Ron and leaned back against the foot of his bed. Fred and George then handed Cass a stack of plastic cups and she began to pour the alcohol into each one and handed them across the room. When she gave Harry his cup he stared at it in disbelief, half of the cup was filled... with straight liquor. He shook his head and laughed, this was going to be an interesting night.

"So, does anyone not know how to play?" Cassandra asked. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Dean raised their hands.

"Ok, so it's very simple. Someone says something they've never done, then if someone else has done that particular thing... they drink. Fred do you want to go first?"

"Of course mama," Fred smirked, "Alright... never have I ever... fell off my broom in the middle of a quidditch match."

Ron and Harry looked at each other and sighed. Harry then peered into his cup and took a large sip of the Firewhiskey. The liquid burned his throat and tasted absolutely repulsive, but for some reason he wouldn't mind doing it again.

"Oi baby brother can hold his liquor," George boasted in surprise. Harry turned to Cass who was also looking at him with a surprised look across her face. She didn't get a chance to say anything before George continued, "My turn... never have I ever kissed someone and immediately regretted it."

The statement was clearly geared toward Fred, but a lot of people took a shot. Harry watched as Cass muttered to herself then effortlessly drank from her cup. Hermione drank also, which surprised Harry. He watched as her face twisted into disgust as she swallowed the liquid, but she kept in down, impressing the whole room.

The game continued for a few rounds and Harry could feel himself begin to slip from control. He felt as if he was sitting on a boat and the ocean was churning beneath him. Then, Harry remembered he was sitting in his dorm and he became very confused.

Across the room people were beginning to move. Harry's eyes widened as he watched Cass stumble to her feet and approach his bureau with Fred. Harry followed them curiously. Cassandra was giggling as she was attempting to pull the piece of furniture from the wall. "What are you doing?" Harry asked Fred.

"We're making a beer pong table," Fred replied. Harry wasn't exactly sure how they planned on doing that, but he didn't argue.

"Here Cass, let me do it," Harry said from behind her. He was clearly less impaired. Cass drank many times during their short game.

"Oh a gentlemannn," Cass slurred slightly. She then backed up, but quickly tripped and began to fall. Harry reached out and grabbed her before she hit the floor. It was surprisingly easy to support her weight. She was small compared to his large stature. "Thanks Harry," she smiled. Harry then sat her on the bed and helped Fred move his bureau.

After a few minutes they successfully put together a makeshift table in the middle of the room and Fred and Hermione began playing against Ron and Cass.

Harry watched the game with Seamus and Dean. It didn't take long before they started to make a game of their own. They each picked a player and took a shot when they missed. Unfortunately for the group, there was a lot of misses. But fortunately, Harry chose Cass who was surprisingly good for her condition, so he had to take slightly less drinks than Dean and Seamus.

After about two hours, the room was beginning to settle down. Seamus was passed out by the door and Hermione and Cass were in deep conversation with the twins. Harry reclaimed his seat by the foot of his bed and was aimlessly staring over in Cass's direction.

He then listened to Cass complain about the temperature, and before Harry could voice his agreement she raised her arms and pulled of her shirt. To his amazement Cass was left only in her extremely small shorts and smaller tank top. Harry dropped his gaze to the top of her shirt, Cass wasn't wearing a bra. At that moment, Harry decided this was the best night ever. As Cass stood, Harry felt his heart drop to his lower stomach.

To Harry's horror, Cass began walking over to him. He tried to shift around in attempt to make it less obvious he had been gawking at her for the past thirty seconds, but the heat in his cheeks gave him away. Before Harry could process what was going on Cass lowered herself and sat across his lap.

Once again Harry was left speechless. "Harry, I feel like I haven't talked to you all night."

"Well here I am," Harry chuckled nervously.

Cass began to talk, but she began falling backward instead. Harry threw his arm out and caught her before she could hit the floor. "Ooo you saved me again, you're good at that aren't you."

Harry didn't know how to respond, instead he thoughtlessly swept a fallen strand of hair behind her ear. Cass then placed her head against his chest and raised her hand, scrunching his t-shirt between her small fingers. Harry blinked his eyes rapidly in disbelief. He had no clue how he had gotten into the situation, but he wasn't going to complain.

"You're warm," Cass mumbled into his shirt.

"I thought you were already hot?" Harry pointed out, but Cass didn't hear him. He watched as her eyelids fluttered shut and she fell asleep. Harry wasn't planning on spending the night on the floor, but he wasn't about to move Cass from his lap.

Harry looked up and saw Hermione asleep in Ron's bed and Ron snoring on the floor below. Dean was creeping out of the room with his toothbrush and other toiletries while Fred and George were deep in conversation. They took a small break to look over at Harry. Fred and George both raised their hands into a double thumbs up and shook their heads in approval, Fred added in a wink for good measure.

Blood rushed to Harry's cheeks and he rolled his eyes, "Shove off," he said quietly across the room.

When Cass stirred, Harry turned his attention back to her. She nestled her face further into his chest and Harry watched her lips curve slightly into a smile. Must be a good dream, Harry thought.

Before Harry fell asleep himself, he reached above his head and grabbed the knit blanket laying at the foot of his bed. He draped it across Cass's body and fixed the straps of her tank top so it was no longer falling down. Once Harry was sure Cass was comfortable, he closed his eyes and allowed himself to drift to sleep.

**********
readvotecomment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 15.4K 155
"π“ˆπ’½π‘’ π“Œπ’Ύπ“π“ 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“‚π‘œπ“ˆπ“‰π“…π‘œπ“Œπ‘’π“‡π’»π“Šπ“ π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’Έπ’½ π‘œπ’» 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝒢𝓁𝓁" ... Maisey Howell knew nothing of her prophecy or long lost br...
35.7K 1.2K 30
Y/N Miller was a "die-hard" fan of Harry Potter books and movies... She always wished to have some kind of magic ✨ And one day, her entire reality w...
357 26 11
#FANFICTION Cassandra, a muggle-born witch, was a late bloomer in the magic world, she got her letter to Hogwarts when she was sixteen and had only...
61.1K 1.2K 34
She was a forgotten in her line of purebloods. He was a broken soul. They were opposites in character. Yet so perfect for each other. They evened out...