Meher •completed•

Af the_insouciant_lass

•completed• When I was six, Baba had got me my first doll. I vividly remember her, my best friend. I had name... Mere

Before you begin.
About the book
Meher
Arham Butt
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
Cast
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32
33.
34.
35.
36.
Not an update !
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
Epilogue 1.
Epilogue 2.
Authors Note
10 facts about Meher.
Authours Note.

23.

19.4K 1.3K 131
Af the_insouciant_lass

Meher pulled out her phone as soon as she sat in the backseat of her car.
Quickly dialling the familiar number she placed the hearing end on her ear.

A few bells later, the familiar voice greeted her from the other end.

"You remember me ?" Yusuf said pulling her leg.

"Well the doctor did tell me to not remember traumatic experiences of the past but-."

"Hey!"

"Okay I'm sorry." Meher let out a full blown laugh. "My colleagues interrupted me when I was going to text you back and then the entire day was busy, but the first thing I've done after stepping out from the office is to call you." Meher said.

"Well don't I feel special." Yusuf replied.

"What are you doing ?" Meher asked looking out if the window of her moving car.

"Reading." He replied browsing through a case file.

"Alright I'll leave you to it then." She said and bid farewell as the car pulled into the driveway of the butt mansion.

The lights of the butt mansion were on when she entered and she head towards the sound of utensils coming from the kitchen.

Walking slowly into the kitchen she noticed Gul had done the preparations for dinner.

"Gul. Thank you so much, I'll do the rest." Meher said walking into the kitchen. "You should go rest now." Meher gave her a smile while keeping the kettle of water to boil to make some tea for herself.

"Are you sure Meher Bibi ?" Gul asked.

"Yes absolutely. Now get going." Meher said and watched Gul leave.
After she heard the small thud of the door close. Meher switched on her radio and set it to the frequency which played her favourite old songs.

One of her favourite songs was on. Meher began to hum the song as she placed the pots and pan on the stove and began adding the meat and vegetables.

'Bade Acchee lagte hai
Kyaa??
Yeh Dharti, yeh nadiyaa, yeh rainaa
Aur?
Aur tum
Bade Acchee lagte hai
Yeh Dharti, yeh nadiyaa, yeh rainaa aur?
Aur tum mm mmmm'

Meher sang along with 'Amit Kumar' as he sang the evergreen song.

Lost in her world of cooking and singing along, Meher failed to notice that she had a pair of eyes watching her sing and dance as she cooked happily in her bubble.

•••

It had been a tiring day for Arham. Meetings after meetings and the work load after his father had shifted his base to Islamabad had just burdened him more with responsibilities and work.

It had been weeks since Hooriya had left, and Arham had drowned himself more into his business as a coping mechanism to not miss his wife. 

Arham stepped out of his black Audi and stretched his legs, a thudding headache and a dull back pain had accompanied him home.

"Arham bhaijaan you've come home." Gul said as she saw Arham stand in the driveway. "Should I make you a cup of coffee ?" She asked.

"What are you doing out in the cold Gul ?" Arham asked frowning.

"Meher Bibi had asked me to retire for the night but I'll make a cup of coffee for-."

"No, you should go rest. I'll ask Meher or make it myself." Arham said giving Gul a small smile.

Gul nodded and left for her quarters behind the butt mansion. Arham sighed and took his tired legs inside.
The huge Butt mansion seemed like a ghost house, the once full of life house today had just two people living in it, two people who did not speak more than two words with each other.

Arham crossed the foyer and moved towards the stairs, his foot stopped mid air as she heard music playing from the kitchen, but the sweet melodious voice which sang along with the pre recoded song forced him to walk in the direction.

Standing in the dinning room, he placed his briefcase on the dinner table as he watched Meher sing and twirl as she added spices into the pots.

'Hum tum kitane paas hai
kitane duur hain chaand sitaare
Sach poochho to maan ko jhoothe lagate hain yeh saare.'

Arham never new Meher could sing, sing this well. Lost in her voice, like his feet had a mind of their own, he walked towards the kitchen.
Meher who was immersed in her singing and making sure the food was cooking perfectly failed to notice her husband standing behind her.

'Hum tum kitane paas hai
kitane duur hain chaand sitaare
Sach poochho to maan ko jhoothe lagate hain yeh saare

Magar saccche lagate hai
Yeh Dharti yeh nadiyaa, yeh rainaa aur?
Aur -."

It was this moment that Meher turned around and let out a blood curling scream. The hot pot of food in her hand slipped.

Arham's quick reflexes pulled Meher close to him preventing the hot spluttering shorba (soup) from burning her.

Arham held Meher by her arm, pressed closed to his chest. He could feel her chest heave against his, her warm brown doe eyes staring him as they moved, she truly had got scared he knew. Meher swiped her tongue across her lower lip, stirring a heavy desire in Arham.

Arham's eyes had locked themselves with Meher's, their breathing had learned to sync with each other's, Meher could feel her heart double its pace due to the close proximity.

Meher closed her eyes, as she felt Arham lean into her.

Arham was lost, he just wanted to touch her, taste her. Meher's bewitching eyes and her tantalising smell had him captive.
His hands moved from her arms to cup her cheeks, stroking them with his thumb he moved closer to her face.

Meher's luscious plump lips were inviting him, he could feel Meher's erratic breath on his face, he leaned in closer and as he was millimetres away from her lips, his phone jolted him back to reality.

The loud buzzing of Arham's phone made both Arham and Meher jump back.

Meher quickly turned around and placed her hand on her chest, begging her heart to slow down, while Arham pinched the bridge of his nose.

What was he doing ! He mentally kicked himself.

Quickly digging into his pocket he removed his phone, reading the name flashing on his screen he thanked his best friend for having the perfect timing.

"Bol Yusafie." He said.

"Someone is in a good mood huh ?" Yusuf smirked from the other end.

"No, nothing like that." Arham said his eyes traveling to see Meher who had bent down to pick up the pot which had fallen down.

"If you say so meri jaan, if you say so." Yusuf replied. "I had called up to tell you that, my hospital is holding the annual charity gala. I've got two tickets for you and Meher, join me."

"Hmm, I always do." Arham replied. His eyes following Meher as she placed the pot in the sink and began mopping up the kitchen floor.

"Great my love. It's on the 17th of this month."

"That's four days from today."

"Yes meri jaan, enough time for you to get your nails done." Yusuf joked.

"Very funny Yusuf." Arham scoffed.

"I know." Yusuf chuckled. "Now brother I've to go, I have a appendectomy to perform." Yusuf said before hanging up.

Arham shook his head, amused at his best friends silly jokes, a wide smile gracing his face.

"Ahem." He heard Meher clear her throat. 

Taking a deep breath in he turned around to face her.

"Th..the shorba is all gone. Sirf roti baaki hai." She said her eyes cast on the floor. (Only the bread is left)
"It will take me an out to prepare another sh-."

"Don't." Arham said interrupting her. "We can go have dinner outside, I know it was your first day and you must be tired, redoing the food again isn't -."

"No it's fine, I'll make it again it's no big deal."

"I wasn't asking Meher. Go get changed we are having food outside." Arham said walking out of the kitchen with a wide smile on his lips and a light heart.

Meher bit down on her lips, her cheeks were red, this day had turned out to become very eventful indeed.

AN: I hope you guys are enjoying the story.
Please vote, don't be silent readers.

Lots of love
Stay safe
xoxo

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

821K 35.8K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
92.4K 2K 5
Sometimes we all become unwanted by someone we wanted the most. The pain, torture, suffering, anxiety, yearning we all go through is invisible to oth...
272K 7.4K 58
This is the story of a two people who willingly married each other and make their marriage successful and beautiful. In this story you will see how t...
398K 26.9K 53
"Say it." He whispered, stepping closer to me. "I love you too." I finally admitted, my cheeks flushing dark in embarrassment. I couldn't believe I j...