Classroom Of The Secrets [SLO...

By agile678

On one day all 2nd year student of Advanced Nurturing High School wakes up and locked in a big classroom. As... More

Prologue
Island Exam Aftermath
Summer Preparation
Realization
Betrayal
Interlude I
How to be a Normie
Resolve
Exposed Lie
Confrontation I
Confrontation II

Island Exam Monologue

19.5K 313 341
By agile678

Ayanokouji POV

[Video START]

I kicked off from the wet ground and chased Ibuki. The weather was a bothersome problem. If it got much worse, I might get stuck or have an accident. Also, the fact that the sun was going down earlier than I'd anticipated made it difficult to push forward without a flashlight. The passing showers grew even stronger, and the winds started to howl more violently. The weather was just negative all around, no favorable points at all.

Shinohara: "Is this during the island exam?"

Okitani: "I think so since back then the weather is really bad"

Sudo: "But why are you chasing ibuki? ayanokouji."

Me: "I was looking for horikita since i saw her with ibuki"

I could only see a few meters ahead because of the pouring rain. Also, if I wanderedonto any of the side roads, I'd probably get lost. Thankfully, two pairs of footprintsremained in the muddy ground and made it easy for me to follow after them. Thefootprints just suddenly stopped, though. No, on second glance, they didn't stop; theycontinued deeper into the forest.

The fact that the footprints suddenly took a sharp turn meant they hadn't gotten lost,but rather that they'd intentionally ventured deeper into the forest. When I pointedmy flashlight toward the depths of the forest, I saw the two pairs of footprints goingdeeper and deeper. There was no reason for them to intentionally enter such adangerous place.

Hashimoto: "How do you even notice this kind of thing? It's as if you've trained these things before"

All student sent their curious gaze on me

Should i answer this? it would be bad if i try to lie since high schooler wasn't taught these things but if i answer yes they are gonna be more cautious against me next time. it's a disadvantage for me

Seeing as i'm in trouble answering them yousuke decide to help control the situation.

Hirata: "Everyone, i think we should watch more of this video before asking him question. As you can see kiyotaka-kun is troubled."

Thanks to hirata quick action, everyone go back to watch the video.

Me: "Thanks for the help yousuke"

I said so with a whisper

Hirata: "No problem kiyotaka-kun"

Replied hirata

I continued forward for about thirty meters. Suddenly, a bright light entered my fieldof vision. I immediately turned the flashlight off and held my breath. Looking in thedirection of the light, I saw it shine once, then twice more. A flashlight. It was almostas if someone were sending a signal. Was it Ibuki and Horikita? No, that wasn't it.

Neither Ibuki nor Horikita should have had a light source on them. I quietly turned inthe direction of the light and drew closer to the source. I heard people's voices, muffledby the rain, and hid myself. Their conversation sounded trivial. So as long as theydidn't find me, getting a grasp on the situation was secondary.

Kanzaki: "Not only you're good in academics and sport, you're also good at hiding yourself? Ayanokouji, you might as well tell us things of what you're good at."

Said Kanzaki while irritated

Me: "Kanzaki, i don't think i should answer since you're gonna find out about it by watching the video anyway."

Kanzaki: "That's true, however the video might not answer everything about you."

Chihiro: "Kanzaki-kun, I don't think you should force him since he doesn't want to answer"

Ichinose: "I ask this of you too kanzaki-kun, ayanokouji-kun is an important friend of mine. i don't want him to be troubled being questioned like this."

Seeing as important figure of class b reprimand him, kanzaki calmed down once again.

Kanzaki: "..... I lost my cool, sorry for troubling you ayanokouji"

Me: "It's fine, anyone would be angry if they hide something especially from someone who have their trust"

Soon, the light moved further away. It was over, apparently. Just to be sure, Iapproached cautiously. Near a large tree lay a muddy Horikita. She'd collapsed, unconscious. A single keycard lay on the ground near her hand. On her injured body were traces of excavated soil. After examining the situation, I confirmed that more people than Ibuki had discovered Horikita's position as leader. After picking up the keycard, I lifted Horikita into my arms.

Everyone in D Class: "HORIKITA!!"

Satou: "What happened horikita-san!?"

Onodera: "Are you injured!? "

Sudo: "IBUKI!, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SUZUNE!!"

Ibuki: "Can't you see what already happened? She chased me cause i found out about D Class leader, of course i defeated her though as she was collapsed"

Said ibuki while mocking sudo and horikita

Sudo: "YOU!"

Seeing as sudo was about to rampage, chabashira-sensei comes to stop sudo action.

Chabashira: "Stop it Sudou, you going on rampage here just gonna prolong us getting out of here. Seeing as this already happened on the past, you getting angry ain't gonna solve anything. That said so, physical fights between student is prohibited especially in an exam. What do you have to say ibuki?"

Ibuki: "...."

Seeing as a waste of time ibuki decides to not answer chabashira-sensei remarks.

After being reprimanded by sensei, sudo calmed his anger and thanked me for saving horikita

Sudo: "Thank you for saving suzune, ayanokouji. If not for you looking for her she might be in awful condition"

All class d student also thanked me for helping their leader.

Me: "That so"

Haruka: "Kiyopon, to think that you can even find horikita and hide against them in that bad weather condition. You're really good"

Me: "Thanks"

======

Ryuen: So ibuki really messed up here, if she just takes the keycard back then we won't be looking like losers in that exam. But he already takes action since then huh. Ku ku ku, i can't wait to see what more does that bastard have up on his sleeve.

Sakayanagi: Fufufu, as expected he already anticipated their move. 

Matsushita: To think that he already make his move that early, so my hunch is true that ayanokouji-kun is hiding his abilities. all thanks to this video i can learn about his secret

======

"Ngh..."

Horikita let out a small sound. Slowly but surely, her eyes fluttered open.

"Are you awake?" I asked.

"Ayano... kouji-kun?"

She sounded dazed, as if she couldn't understand the situation.

"Agh... My head... hurts..."

"You have a high fever. Don't push yourself."

Matsushita: "Wait, a fever? Horikita-san you were already sick back then?"

Horikita: "Yeah, but i did managed to hold for five days. in the end i did retire though"

Sudo: "You should've retired from the start suzune, if you forced yourself like that you'll just get sick more. Unlike this arrogant blonde boy who fakes his illness"

Koenji: "My, my that's a rude remark Red Hair-kun, it is true that i am sick and unable to continue the exam. But in the end didn't we win? even without my help you lot can clear the exam beautifully"

Said koenji as he combed his hair.

Since dealing with koenji is a bother everyone choose to ignore him and continue watching the video

"I see... I-Ibuki-san... But, why are you here?"

Even if I told her to sleep, Horikita wouldn't listen, all while her fever grew worse. Shestarted to understand the situation little by little.

"I knew it... Ibuki-san stole my card.""I see.""I can't be dumber than Sudou-kun and the others."

She chastised herself and closed her eyes, as if lamenting a situation in which she waspowerless.

Hondo: "There's no way you're powerless, if you're powerless then we're dead weight."

Sudo: "Yeah, i mean while you're chasing the culprit in our class we just stay in camp waiting for the weather to pass. we're the ones powerless here."

Everyone in class D agreed with what sudo said.

Keisei: "Yeah, while i am boasting my self with my grades, when it comes to exam that require physical strengh i'm the most useless one here."

Haruka: "Oya oya, Yukimuu~ are you talking about yourself?"

Keisei: "S-Shut up okay, What i mean is you shouldn't blame yourself on situation you cannot control."

"This isn't a test where you can just hide for twenty-four hours a day, right? No matterwhat you do, you can be open to attack."

I'd intended to keep going, but it seemed like anything more would just make theheartbroken Horikita even more depressed.

"I could've avoided this if I knew how to rely on someone..."

To seriously protect the leader's identity, it was necessary to depend on allies that youtrusted from the bottom of your heart. If you did that, you could protect the cardtwenty-four hours a day. However, Horikita hadn't made a single friend.

Sudo: "Next time. you can rely on me Suzune."

Said sudo with cool voice

Horikita choose to ignore him, making the situation awkward

Ike: "BWAHAHHAHA, Sudo how pathetic of you to be ignored like this."

Hondo: "You can rely on me Suzune, PFFTT"

Sudo: "Y-Y-Y-Youu guysss!!"

Everyone laughing at sudo for his failed attempt

Ichinose: "Hahaha, D Class is full of lively people isn't it Horikita-san?"

Horikita: "They also brings trouble though"

She kept muttering, "I'm so pathetic" to herself quietly over and over.

"When I was losing consciousness, I felt like I could hear Ryuuen's voice... It's strange,I thought he'd already retired..."
"You were losing consciousness. Maybe you had a dream?"
"If it was a dream, it was a nightmare..."

I wondered if she really had heard Ryuuen's voice. Even if she were asleep or losingconsciousness, her brain had probably heard something. It wouldn't have beenstrange if she picked up Ryuuen's voice when unconscious.

"I'm sorry..."

While I was silently lost in thought, Horikita apologized.

"Why are you apologizing to me?" I asked."There's no one I can apologize to except for you..."

Hmm. That made me think pretty hard.

Akito: "Come to think of it, kiyotaka you were there the whole time when you hear a conversation right? Do you understand something?"

Everyone is waiting for my answer

I think i can answer this safely, since this will expose what ryuen and the others have been doing this whole time.

Me: "From what i understand, ibuki stole the keycard to get the leader name. After she got that she meet up with ryuen to tell him the leader of class D. i also saw katsuragi among them, so i think back then C class and A class worked together in the exam by sharing the other class leader name"

After hearing my answer, everyone was left speechless.

Katsuragi: "To think that you even find out about our cooperation, you're more sharp than i thought"

=========

Kei: Ahh mouu, Kiyotaka how can you be so cool in such dire situation. You just makes me fall in love with you more and more.

Matsushita: I want to ask what he did after he obtained that information, but i think i might have the answer in the next video

Ichinose: So its true that ayanokouji-kun is an amazing person, not only did he deduce their cooperation i think he did something too, since in that exam Class D is the winner. But when i think that he might become an enemy, my chest hurts.... Why is he place in Class D? if only he comes to Class B.......... Stop it, What am i thinking about. Ayanokouji-kun is an important friend of mine. Yeah, an important friend.

Ichinose thought as she tried to calm her mind

==========

"If you think things are bad, then make some reliable friends. Start there first."

"That's difficult advice... No one would want to be with me."

Hirata: "That's not true horikita-san, there's many of us here are willing to be your friend"

Horikita: "While it's already too late hirata-kun, at the very least i think i want to improve myself first before making friends"

It sounded like she'd resigned herself to unhappiness. Perhaps there was a trace ofmasochism in her. I laughed.

"It's unpleasant to be made fun of, though...""No, no, that's not it," I said. "It's just that you've started to sound like you need allies.""Nobody would say that..."

Normally, Horikita would have been insulting me, but right now her words carried adifferent weight. She was blaming herself, or she wouldn't have said something likethat. Still, it wasn't going to be easy. Horikita's hollow eyes seemed to look throughrather than at me.

"I should have understood this a long time ago..."

You can't live alone in the world. School and society are composed of a great manypeople.

"Don't talk. You're sick."

I tried to convince her to be quiet, but Horikita didn't stop. For Horikita, there hadnever been any choice but to rely on herself. She could have chosen no other option.

"I'm going to try to get up to Class A using my own abilities. I'll definitely recover fromthis failure..." Horikita weakly grabbed my sleeve as she appealed to me. "I'm preparedto be hated by everyone else... This was all my mistake."

Ichinose: "I'm curious about this but Horikita-san, Why are you that desperately trying to get to Class A?"

Everyone also curious about horikita answer

Horikita: "..... It so that i will be acknowledged by my brother."

Me: "You really have a severe case of bro-con horikita"

*bro-con (Brother Complex)

My careless remarks earned myself an intense glare that could kill from horikita

Scary

"According to this school's system, if you fight by yourself, you won't reach Class A. Weneed to cooperate with our classmates. It's unavoidable."

Horikita closed her eyes, as if lacking the strength to keep them open. Her grasp mighthave been weak, but I still felt it.

"I can't accept that. No matter how hard it is, I'm still... alone.""Ah, shut up already! Stop talking. Right now, you won't be able to convince anyone."

I embraced Horikita tightly.

Some girls blushed when i embraced horikita

Airi: Awawawa, Ki-ki-kiyotaka-kun embraced horikita san, i might be faint watching this any longer.

Ichinose: it seems nice getting embraced like that by him, i too want to be...... Hah!, What are you thinking honami (>.<) Snap out of it!.

To them i might be some sort of prince charming that saves their princess from sickness or curse, i think . Well, at least its better than the boys glare.

While the boys feel envious by sending me murderous glares since i get to embrace one of the beautiful girls in this school. The most intense glare of them all comes from Sudo since horikita is his crush. I might be killed soon if this video doesn't go to the next scene.

While seeing everyone reaction, i noticed kei sending me long glance that say something like this

Kei: K-i-y-o-t-a-k-a-a-a, what are you doing embracing girls like you embrace their pillows? Despite having me, you hug girls like its your everyday routine. i think we're gonna have a LONG TALK after this.

Just finish this video please.

"You can't bear every responsibility. You're not that strong, unfortunately.""So you're telling me to give up? I have a dream to reach Class A, a dream for mybrother to acknowledge me.""No one said you have to give up."

I looked down at Horikita, who lightly groaned against my chest.

"If you can't fight by yourself, it's better to fight with a partner. I'll lend you a hand.""Why? You're not the kind of person who would say such things...""Well, why then? I wonder."

Shortly afterward, her energy was spent, and Horikita lost consciousness again. I hadto carry her without anyone noticing. 
"Hmm... Did I pick the wrong path? Oh no, oh no!"

My route had ended in a steep, sheer slope. If I took one step further, I would fall. Itried shining a light below to see what it looked like about ten meters down.Unfortunately, I'd been walking in the wrong direction.  I tried to change direction slowly, so as not to burden Horikita, but then right after... The soil underneath me collapsed, and I lost my balance. Alone, I could have braced my legs and grasped the tree, but unfortunately, both of my hands were occupied. I couldn't avoid falling. I curled up into a ball so I could protect Horikita as we went tumbling down the slope. For several seconds, it was like flying. I don't remember very clearly what happened afterward.

Everyone: "WATCH OUT!!"

Kei: "Are you guys fine? that slope is so dangerous. Why are you forcing it?"

Sudo: "Oi Ayanokouji, Suzune better be fine right"

Me: "Just watch the video"

Trying to lessen her burden even a little, I held Horikita close to my chest. After sometime had passed, Horikita woke up, sputtering out ragged breaths. Still in a daze,Horikita wasn't able to understand our situation.

She didn't seem to remember what had happened. I explained the whole sequence ofevents. I had some doubts about whether she understood everything.

"I see... I remember.""That's good.""I remember my mistake, so it's probably awful.""It's already almost six o'clock, Horikita. You might think this will sound harsh, but youshould retire. Your body is probably at its limit."

"I can't do that. We can't afford to lose thirty points because of me... I was the one whoconfronted Karuizawa-san and the others about using points, right? It would make melook like such an idiot..."

The penalty for poor physical condition was severe. In points alone, it was more thanwhat Karuizawa had used herself. Horikita covered her eyes with her arm, probablyto hide her tears.

"Not just that... The keycard was stolen from me, too. You understand what that means?""Class D will lose another fifty points."

Horikita gave a slight nod. Class D would only be left with a few points.

"Just leave me here and head back. If you do, I'll be the only one absent from roll call.""What are you planning to do?""By tomorrow morning, I'll... try to return by myself, somehow. If I can deal with mypoor health during roll call, then I'll do something about retirement."

That way, we would be left with a five-point loss.

"Can you really make it back alone by tomorrow morning?""Yeah... I'll be fine.""Horikita. Do you really think that not retiring is the right decision?" I couldn't helpblurting those words out."Of course I do. Retiring isn't an option for me."

She was free to exercise her indomitable will as much as she liked, but it didn't meananything if she lost in the end.

"Hey. Why do you think that we've been backed into such a corner?" I asked."I failed due to my negligence. That's all.""You're wrong. You're completely wrong."

Horikita Suzune had fought as hard as she could, and had tried to get to the end of thetest without making mistakes.

"Go... Because I think of you as my friend, please listen to my request..."After Horikita said that, she covered her mouth in surprise."I'm going to make this right... As if it didn't happen at all.""No, this is the wrong choice.""It's fine. I can... By myself... Ugh..."Horikita suddenly stood, but the burden was too much. She closed her eyes in pain."Go, please..."

Everyone was touched seeing horikita trying to handle all the problems by herself, while some was worried about her condition.

Kushida: "Horikita-san, I don't think trying to solve problems by yourself is a good thing. There's a limit to how much oneself can handler."

Kushida: HAH, YOU DESERVE THAT YOU B*TCH, ITS JUST BETTER IF YOU JUST LAY THERE COVERED IN DIRT.

Shinohara: "I Agree with kushida-san, horikita-san i think you shouldn't take that burden for yourself. Just ask everyone in class to help you, i'm sure they're willing to lend a hand."

Everyone agreed with kushida

Sudo: "Yeah Suzune, Just give me the order and i'll do anything to help you. Heck just give me an order to punch koenji and i'll do it right away"

Koenji: "You're lively one aren't you Red-Hair kun, its a pity buy you cannot defeat me with your puny strengh."

Koenji said so while looking at himself with his mirror

Sudo: "You wanna test me you punk!?"

Horikita: "Sudo-kun, didn't i say stop being angry before? also thanks everyone for your words. That's what i'm planning on doing from now on"

She lost consciousness again. I gently took Horikita into my arms and shifted myposition to make her a little more comfortable. Standing, I looked up at the boundlessdarkness and let out a sigh.

"It would have been easier if you'd just retired of your own free will."

The stubborn princess didn't seem like she was going to throw in the towel.Wonderful. Yes, I thought it was wonderful. You were almost right. But unfortunately,Horikita, you were wrong about one thing. Right now, just for this moment, I'll tell you.

Everyone feels something strange about what i gonna said next

I have never thought of you as my friend. I've never cared about you as a classmate. Inthis world, winning is everything. Your methods don't matter. I don't care what I have tosacrifice. As long as I have my victory in the end, I'll be fine.

You are nothing more than tools. I was complicit in what drove you to this. So, don't blame yourself, Horikita. You were useful to me.

[VIDEO END]

After that last part of the video, Everyone was left speechless unable to comprehend what i said. after some time, someone breaks this situation with a laughter

Ryuen: "kuku, kukuhahaha. Did you hear that suzune? your only accomplice think of you but nothing as TOOLS. kukuku Ayanokouji you really are the best."

Sakayanagi: "Fufufu. to think that the leader of class D is nothing but a tool to his accomplice, looks like he is more interesting than you horikita-san"

Ichinose: Is this .. ayanokouji-kun true nature? I don't want to accept it, this sinister heartless person isn't ayanokouji-kun. after all he saved me back then and not only once but three times he saved me from despair. No, no ,no. Please tell me this isn't true.

Ichinose thought as she tries to hold back her tears.

Hiyori: This ayanokouji-kun is different from the one that i know, even if i know that he is the one who disciplined ryuen-kun but to think that he think people as nothing but tools is something i doesn't want to acknowledge. Ayanokouji-kun which is the real you?

After that everyone in class D barraged me with question

Sudo: "I take back my thanks ayanokouji, What the hell do you mean by THAT?"

Ike: "Yeah what do you mean complicit, are you saying that you forcefully makes horikita retire?"

Everyone in class D is angry at me because of what i said. Of course seeing as the one who said such thing is the one that have been working with the class leaders all the time. Only to be shown that he thinks their leader as nothing but tools.

Seeing the chaotic situation yousuke decide to calm the situation

Hirata: "Everyone please calm down, i think kiyotaka-kun have his own reason for saying something like that."

Hirata fangirls: "What are you saying hirata-kun, the calm and silent ayanokouji-kun just said something outrageous. He might think that you're also his tools you know?"

As the situation grows more chaotic horikita decided to step-in to prevent it become chaotic any longer.

Horikita: "Everyone, please stop being angry like that. Such things won't get you answer from this guy. That being said, ayanokouji-kun can you come to the private room?, i have things to talk to you about"

Although i can guess about what she wants to say, seeing as rejecting her will ruin my reputation any more than this, its better for me to hear what she said.

Using this as an opportunity to escape i chose to follow horikita to the private room, however before i can go there i was caught by ayanokouji group. I'm sure they have question they wanna ask but it'll be better if i just explain to them.

Keisei: "Kiyotaka, Wait."

Haruka: "Wait Kiyopon i think we have things to talk about"

Akito: "Even i want answer for this, kiyotaka"

Airi: "Ki-Kiyotaka kun.."

Me: "You want me to answer your question right, i don't mind doing it but we don't have time to do this. if you still want answer no matter what, i'll explain in the private room"

===============================================

3842 Words

Wow, Crazy i am for writing this since 1 AM. Speed aside i think i'm quite satisfied with this chapter since i managed to squeeze much more reaction than i thought.

My only problem with this chapter is that it's too long, i should've take which dialogue i should take instead of taking everything which end up this much long. I have problem trying to write ichinose reaction since she is somewhere between love / friends (IchixKiyo Shipper) it would be good if you guys can give me advice on how to write her reaction for future chapters.

Also i will only be doing certain chapters for each volume and only important chapters that will progress the story. but if it's already available in other fics, i think i won't do that chapter.

Anway Thanks for reading this, Next Chapter would be Island Exam Aftermath (I'm gonna mix dialogue between anime and LN since i think anime have the better explanation while the ln have the better details)

Also thanks for @Karuizawa_Kei35 for inspiring me to create this fics, i recommend you guys read his fic, it has the best writing of all reaction fic but also not too long chapter.

Do give me suggestion on how to write in the comments. Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

750K 27.7K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
196K 4.1K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
59.8K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
205K 7.2K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...