His Light βœ“

By AzaleaOlive

*COMPLETED* Annalise(Ann) had a simple life. A loving family, and a roof over her head. But when that is take... More

𝔖𝔢𝔫𝔬𝔭𝔰𝔦𝔰
𝔄𝔲𝔱π”₯𝔬𝔯 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔒
𝔗π”₯𝔒 β„­π”žπ”°π”±
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 1
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 2
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 3
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 4
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 5
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 6
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 7
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 8
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 9
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 10
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 11
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 12
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 13
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 14
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 15
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 16
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 17
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 18
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 19
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 20
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 21
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 22
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 23
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 24
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 25
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 27
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 28
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 29
π”ˆπ”­π”¦π”©π”¬π”€π”²π”’

β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 26

21.2K 665 30
By AzaleaOlive

Published 12/28/20

Annalise/Ann's POV

𝓣𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰!

I hum as I walk through the castle halls. Prince Marco dismissed me again. I am happy that he dismissed me. I don't have to feel his wandering eyes on me. I continue to walk through the dark empty halls. These parts of the halls, no one dares to go to. It's dark and you can hear the wind outside which makes the halls drafty. The chilly air gives the halls an unsettling aura.

I took this moment of quietness and decided to let my cares go. I smiled to myself as I twirled around the hall. I softly giggled as my dress lifted and spun outward. I gently closed my eyes, feeling free, and content.

But that feeling went away when I heard laughter erupt in the hall. It echoed off the walls. My smile faded, looking around for the source of the sound. I saw a faint flicker of light coming from the end of the hall. I decided to go see what it was. My curiosity got the best of me since no one ever comes to this part of the halls.

I reached the end only to see no one. The light came from a candle that was set on the chest. Where did that sound come from? I thought. I was about to turn back until I heard the sound of laughter erupt again. It seemed to come from the room at the end of the hallway. I grabbed the candle from the chest and took careful yet quiet steps toward the door.

I placed my ear on the door, just to be sure that I heard it coming from this particular room. It seemed to stop. I heard nothing. I slowly grabbed the door handle and turned it. My heart was beating fast and my hands became damp. I give the door a soft push and I am greeted by a dark room. I slowly enter, the only source of light is the candle in my hand. I take further steps into the room. I scan my eyes around. I do not see anything. I turn back only to catch a shadow of a figure in the room. My eyes grew wide as I see the figure moving toward me.

I see another shadow in the corner fade into the darkness. I dismiss it thinking it's my mind playing tricks on me. I look back at the figure moving toward me. They enter into the light from the candle.

It's princess Ayla.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, I detect a hint of nervousness in her voice. She occasionally looks back. She notices my attention on the spot behind her and steps to the side to block my view. "I asked you a question."

"Forgive me, Your Highness, but I heard laughter and decided to come see what it was," I say with my head down.

"Alright," she purses her lips. "Come, I have some matters to discuss with you."

She passes me going toward the door. I follow suit.

We reach her chambers and she dismisses the servants besides her lady-in-waiting.

She sits on the edge of her bed and starts to speak. "I know what the servants say about me to you. I am mean. I am selfish and that I was only here for the crown. No doubt you probably think that, but I can say all those accusations are true." She gets up from her bed and walks to me.

"But I love the king truly and I will become queen. I will not have my crown be taken from me by a servant." She spat.

"Your Highness, I can assure you-" I start. She cuts me off, "Quiet! I did not give you permission to speak!"

I shut my mouth quickly, not trying to anger her more than she already is.

"When I am crowned queen, he will not need your services any longer and you will be dismissed." She smiles wickedly.

I stare at her in disbelief. I am shocked that she is so certain of her plan. The fact that she believes that she will be queen and that the king will cater to her. That can't be true, can it?

"Don't you think I know about the dismissal of duties, the readings in the library, the shared intimate moment one late evening?" She slowly circles me. I feel my eyes prick with tears. How does she know?

"The king will not approve of this," I manage to speak out.

"The king is nothing without a queen by his side," she states matter-of-factly, then stops directly in front of me. "Now that we understand each other, you may go." I quickly curtsy and start toward the door. Mid stride she stops me. "You will tell no one of our conversation." She says, her voice deep and slow.

I nod meekly and walk out of the room, feeling utterly dejected.

Later on in the evening, I was in the prince's room, tidying up while he ate his dinner. I started to think about the whole encounter and of the conversation with the princess. Was there another person In the room or was it a figment of my imagination?

After a few moments, I hear my name being called and I jump at the call. I drop the piece of clothing and It lands on my feet.

"Ann, what has your mind so preoccupied?" Marco asks while I bend to pick up the fallen piece of clothing.

I look at him. He's sitting at the table with a chalice of wine in his hand. "I don't want to burden you with my thoughts." I place the clothing back into the wardrobe and close it.

"It wouldn't be a burden if I asked." He slowly gets up from his chair and saunters over to me.

I can feel his chest lightly against my back. His fingers twirl the stray hairs that have fallen out of my bun. "If I am done with my duties, I would like to leave, if you don't mind," I say, trying to muster a strong voice. I step to the side and turn so I'm facing him.

I take a step back as he takes a step forward. "The king said that you are available whenever I need. I gave you leisure time to do whenever you pleased. Don't you think I deserve something in return?" I know what he is alluding to. My back hits the door and he traps me between the door and him. His face inches away from mine. I smell the strong alcohol on his breath and I try not to gag.

Suddenly his lips crash onto mine. My wide eyes swell with tears as I try to push him off. His hands roam around and through my now messy bun. His hands start to tear at my white undershirt that peeks out at the top of my corset. His lips separate from mine and I see his eyes are dark for a quick moment. He starts to place hot kisses from my cheek down to my neck. I try to scream but It gets stuck In my throat. When he lifts his head, I slap him. His is taken off-guard and I take the chance to quickly grab the door handle and run out of the room.

I feel hands wrap around my waist and I land on the hallway floor. I feel my ankles being pulled and I try to wiggle out of his grasp. He climbs on top of me, straddling me. Finding my voice, I scream for help at the top of my lungs, so it echoes through the empty hall. "Shh, no one is coming to help you," he says while leaning down. I pray that someone will come and save me from this wretched man.

My prayers have been answered when I hear a voice. "What is going on here?!" The voice booms. Marco stops, completely stunned. I knee him in the crotch. "AH! You little-" he groans. I wiggle out from beneath him and crawl away. I see my savior is none other than the king himself. Servants start to gather around and I see Agnola, Agnesia, and Matteo. They see me and rush over to me.

Luca's eyes land on me and they soften. He gently walks over to me while taking off his cape and places it over my bare shoulders.

He looks back at Marco who is struggling to stand up while grabbing his crotch. I notice Luca's hands ball into fists at his sides. Luca takes long strides toward his perfidious friend. "I can explain. It's not what it looks like-" Luca throws a blow at Marco who ends up on the floor again. He holds his throbbing eye. He looks at his hand to see blood on his fingers. Blood was seeping out the corner of his eye.

"From now on you will never  set foot in my kingdom ever again. Hereby I, King Luca Medici, banish Marco, Prince of Aragon from my kingdom. If he ever should set foot into my kingdom, I will personally kill him! " Luca spat with venom. Francesco and another guard walks over to Marco and drag him away. He screams and starts to thrash.

Once Marco is gone, all the servants start to dissipate, except Agnola, Agnesia, and Matteo. Luca walks over to me, crouching down to my level.

I look at him with tear-stained cheeks and tears are still flowing from my eyes. His eyes look at the state I was in. His face starts to look guilty. He takes a deep breath before starting to speak. His eyes slightly start to water. He looks at my friends behind me. He nudges his head, signaling them to leave. Before leaving they give me a reassuring squeeze on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Ann. I should have not given you to him," He says. I could tell he was still shaking with anger but he composed himself. I didn't say anything. I just stared at him.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to become informal with the king. After all, he will be married to princess Ayla soon. My emotions still raw from the assault, I gave way to an uncontrollable sob. Even though Marco is gone, I still feel his hands all over me.

Luca gently pulls me into a hug and starts to softly rub my back.

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 26

𝒯𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈(𝒾𝓃 𝑜𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒):

No translations for this chapter

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: How was Chapter 26? What a chapter! OMG! Sorry that the last chapter was a cliffhanger. I felt that I did a couple chapters where Annalise would get hurt and she would have to heal. This chapter is a couple weeks after the accident that occurred in the kitchen and the great hall. Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts! Don't forget to vote and comment! I would really appreciate it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630K 21K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
12.4M 372K 38
__❀︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❀︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
382K 18.5K 63
[BOOK ONE OF THE VAMPIRE AND THE GHOST SERIES] She's dead, he's undead. An unusual duo make their way through the modern world, and its modern chall...
126K 4.9K 41
its dark romance story.....its my 1st dark book....english is not my first language....so plzz ignore grammar mistake.... "leave...