soulmate • h.rj

By lets_w1nw1n

"I'm sorry but I really don't want this right now" "I'm glad we're on the same page" Where two successful ido... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
Kprofile!
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34

18

2.5K 133 16
By lets_w1nw1n

"No but don't ghosts and aliens live within the same universe as us?" Jaein asks, trying to take in all of the information from Renjun's conspiracy theories.

"Well yeah ghosts do but aliens live in their own universe that is also in our universe." He explains, trying to help Jaein understand.

"Hmm okay..." Jaein nods, still very much confused. "Wait so ghosts could be watching us right now, unnoticed but an alien will need some sort of physical form in order to do that?"

"Basically, yeah." He says as he lies down beside Jaein as she stares at the sparkly sky, her eyebrows knitted together, probably weirded out by the idea of random lifeforms watching her. He lets a chuckle leave his lips as she watched her. "Do you have any conspiracies?"

"Not really, more like weird philosophical thoughts on life." She says.

"Do you have any about stars?" He asks, the mesmerising lights above him create patterns in the sky, reminding him of the golden specks in Jaein's eyes. As well as the times he used to watch the stars with his grandmother, as they pointed out the shapes and took note of them.

"They're just a bunch of gas bubbles floating in space." She comments.

"That's a boring answer." Renjun says, making Jaein laugh.

"I'm kidding, of course I do." Jaein starts. "I think they have their own lives, just like us. They all have their own souls, living amongst each other in peace." She explains, her eyes reflecting the very stars she is talking about. "I used to envy the stars, they always had each other. But then I realised that I also had the stars, they watched over me at night, and was there for me when no one else was. It was like they were telling me to keep going."

"What are they telling you now?" Renjun askes. It was a question she had never had to answer. She looks over at Renjun who's eyes were locked on the sky. It is something that makes her realise that he actually cares. She looks back at the dark blanket above them, watching the stars blink at her. They were different from the stars she had looked at before, the ones that comforted her, the ones that hugged her when she needed it the most. These stars were smiling.

"That they're proud of me, and that the guy beside me is super cute." She smiles at him.

"Well they have good taste." He smiles back, letting out a small laugh. Renjun brings his hand towards hers, lacing them together as they continue to stare up at the sky. "What do you think some of them are doing?"

"...hmm that one is probably dancing or something." She says, pointing to a star that is blinking quite a lot.

"I think that one probably just got grounded." Renjun adds, pointing to a small one that is particularly far from the rest.

"Poor guy." Jaein pouts.

"Ah and those two." Renjun points, bringing up their intertwined hands to point at two stars that are close together. "They're in love."

"Just like us." Jaein comments.

Renjun pauses, looking to the girl beside him who already had her eyes on him. His heart dropping. He leans in closer to her, tucking some of her hair behind her ear, letting his thumb stroke her cheek lightly as he gazes into her eyes.

"Yeah. Just like us."

-----

Renjun and Jaein made an attempt to ride their bikes back to the house, but unfortunately they failed as it was to dark to do so, so the two ended up walking back with their bikes, their phone flash lights showing their way back.

"So you still up for the pool?" Jaein asks.

"Of course I am." Though it is dark Jaein could tell he has a wide grin on his face. Luckily he isn't able to see her face warm up.

As they slowly approach the house, the sound of music grew louder and louder, making them stop in their tracks as they look at the party lights shining through the house's windows.

"Ah you said you share this house with Jaehyun right?" Renjun reminds, watching as Jaein's face scrunched up. "Yeah...he's the one hosting the nct party this year."

"I think we'll have to forget about the pool." She says as she walks to the back of the house, Renjun following closely behind. Renjun helps as she places the bikes and the helmets away, noticing the look of disappointment on her face. "Well I guess this is it." She sighs.

"I guess so." He rubs the back of his neck. "Are you sleeping here tonight?"

"Yeah, but by the looks of it I might find it a lot harder to do that." She comments. "But don't worry about me, you should go enjoy the party. I need to rest anyways, I have a lot to do tomorrow anyways."

"Are you sure?" He asks, worriedly.

"I'll be fine Renjunnie." She assures, smiling up at him before giving him a small peck on the cheek. "Go ahead, I'll climb up to my balcony to get into my room, if you need me I'll be there."

"..Okay then, have a goodnight. Today was really fun!" He says as they walk hand in hand towards the front of the building.

"It really was." She says finally before she let go of his hand, watching him enter the building reluctantly, giving her one last wave.

--------

It was the greatest date Jaein has ever had, but she really wished it wasn't ruined by her brother and his parties. As she slowly climbs up the ladder, a smile grew onto her face. The date heavily outweighs it though. The star gazing, his hand intertwining with hers, the way he stroked her cheek. The butterflies in her stomach were overflowing towards the end. And she can't wait to feel the feeling again. She let out a small small squeal as she remembers the moments they shared, covering her face with one of her hands as she hangs onto the ladder, finally reaching the top.

She pops her head through the hole in her balcony, pulling her limbs through. She wipes the nonexistent dust off of her dress before she looks up, her eyes meeting with the old doe-like eyes that she hasn't seen in a while, her smile dropping. His eyes widened at the sight of her, both just as surprised as the other.

"W-what are you doing here?" She asks him. He stands awkwardly, his eyes falling to the floor.

"I-uh...I just wanted some air. I can leave if you want." Mark says as he moved his feet towards her room, ready to leave.

"You can stay if you want." She offers, before leaning on the railing, looking out at dark sky. She hears him walk back, joining her on the railing.

"You look nice." He attempts to compliment her, though it ended up sounding aggressive. Though that may have been the intension.

"Thanks." She says. She had the urge to tell him she was on a date, but she doesn't want to do that. The night breeze brushes against their faces, sending a small shiver down Jaein's back. Mark seemed to have noticed as he offers her the jacket he had on, but she shook her head, declining it. He hung the jacket on the railing, as if telling her to take it when she needs it. They look back at the endless darkness, trying to find comfort in it.

"I heard you found your soulmate." He brings up, taking her by surprise. Jaein looks at him, trying to read the look in his eyes, a look that is different from the one that she saw the other day, that one showed anger and resentment. But this one simply showed sadness.

"You have a soulmate Mark! You're just going to find them and it would just--everything between us will be messed up." Jaein told him desperately. "I can't do this anymore."

"Did Jaehyun tell you?" She asks, turning her eyes to her hands.

"Yeah." He answers simply. The atmosphere is awkward, though Jaein thinks it's better than ignoring each other forever. She's always wanted to talk to him about what happened, but they never had the chance.

"I'm sorry." She sighs, breaking the silence between them. "You were the best person to me, and I just--can't believe I did that to you."

"We shouldn't have done this in the first place." Jaein said through chokes.

"Don't be sorry." He looks her into the eyes genuinely, for the first time since they left each other. "If you didn't break up with me, things would have been awkward. And I get it now, the whole 'I don't wanna steal someone else's soulmate thing'. I would have felt like a placeholder if I were you."

"It wasn't all bad." She smiles. "Ironic isn't it. After all that I was the one who found their soulmate."

"I don't want a soulmate if it isn't you!" Mark cried as he placed a hand over his soulmate tattoo. "If I didn't have this would it make a difference?! Would you stay?"

Mark laughs solemnly at her words. "At least you've given me a reason to move on."

"Trust me, you'll especially love having a soulmate." She assures, giving him a small pat on the shoulder. He clears his throat, but still allowing the small pool in his eyes remain.

This is what she wanted for him. For him to move on. For them to be friends. The friends they never allowed themselves to be.

"I look forward to it." He says, swallowing the lump in his throat. "I'm just glad life is treating you better."

yayyy some closure!!!

Also guys I WOKE UP THIS MORNING TO 2K READS LIKE WHAT?!?? It's honestly amazing shsjaknw thank you guys so muchhh i love you 🥺🥺💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 7.8K 74
"we worried so much for no reason." "we really did." a girl meets her soulmate in a grocery store. one glance to see who it is was all she needed t...
5.1K 142 23
"is this really it between us?" - school au ; text fic - unfinished. - started : 30/08/23 published : - 22/09/23 ended : -
82.2K 5.6K 51
{n.jm + m.le} | Soulmate AU | - a world in which you can feel the physical pain of your soulmate and Jaemin is increasingly frustrated by the fact he...
303K 13.6K 35
"god you are such a b word to me!" "just say i'm a bitch and get it over with." + in which haechan's soulmate happens to be the girl who attempted to...